Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

30 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

Oh yeah I completely forgot about the tower of fate lol. Did that turn out to be a fake leak or what? What set actually ended up coming out?

If I remember correctly, it was a fake leak that ended up actually being Thor's hammer for Marvel. 

It would be pretty funny if Lego saw those Tower of Fate rumors and jokes, assumed that’s what fans want, and rushed it into production.

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The only reliable rumour is that Clayface reportedly has a role in the movie, according to Deadline.

Now, the question is whether it's the first appearance regular human Clayface, or the cool one that's actually made out of clay.

Reeves has spoken about Mr. Freeze if I remember correctly, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is the cool version of Clayface.

Though I still want the Court of Owls as the villain for the third film. I'm not the biggest fan of this particular franchise, but it feels like the themes and setup are tailor-made for the Court.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Like, seriously. Expect the worst, and you won't be disappointed. That's how this theme works right now.

I expected what I thought was the worst for this most recent wave and I was STILL disappointed.  At this point my assumption for every set is now "giant buildable batman gauntlet with no figs"

14 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

It would be pretty funny if Lego saw those Tower of Fate rumors and jokes, assumed that’s what fans want, and rushed it into production.

And then the only figures are Batman, Jonkler, and Klarion the Witch-Boy.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Since when has this thread turned into a "hating on The Batman" conversation? :jollyroger:

very toxic! not good for the thread! 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Since when has this thread turned into a "hating on The Batman" conversation? :jollyroger:

Since it was announced that The Batman 2 cast consists exclusively of Robert Pattinson and Barry Keoghan, meaning we’re stuck with another wave of just Batman and Joker.

/s

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This forum is on it's way to become another Arkham Aslume. Are we stupid?

No, we are not. It seems that TLG is, since the whole 2023 passed under the slogan "The Man and Jonkler are the only residents of the city"

15 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

You know Alfred has been dead for nearly five years now, in an act orchestrated by Thomas Wayne.

And just like aging up Jon, it was a stupid idea.

I do like the movie, I just think your point is not doing any favours to your argument

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The inmates are running the aslume!!

Edited by PGBQW

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I do like the movie, I just think your point is not doing any favours to your argument

The inmates are running the aslume!!

That particular point was in response to a sarcastic suggestion to remove Alfred, when he's been canonically dead for nearly five years. It might be a stupid idea to you, but it's happened and part of being a comics fan is rolling with the punches and not investing in head canon. I personally don't see the point of getting so worked up about a cinematic version of the character when it's never going to please everyone anyway. Particularly in a Lego forum.

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You should see invincible's reddit right now, it's another full-blown Aslume. The virus seems to just spread to anything not getting good new content soon.

So yes, we are stupid. Why didn't lego call the justice league to help? Are they also stupid?

9 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

No, we are not. It seems that TLG is, since the whole 2023 passed under the slogan "The Man and Jonkler are the only residents of the city"

Batman: no two man's land.

7 hours ago, PGBQW said:

ANYTHING involving Jon was a stupid idea, imo. 

27 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

ANYTHING involving Jon was a stupid idea, imo. 

Supersons was a great concept that they messed up. Especially when there's an alternative future that involves the two of them and Diana's daughter Elizabeth as the new Trinity. The interactions seem forced now that Jon is notably older.

10 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

We are so, so close to getting some sort of large scale set where the figures are just Batman and three Jokrs

52 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

We are so, so close to getting some sort of large scale set where the figures are just Batman and three Jokrs

But what about Joe Chill, Jason and Barbara? And Gaggy, of course? If you know what I'm talking about...

14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

8dvs7w.jpg

Watch that mystery D2C be a The Batman UCS Batmobile instead of a Arkham Aslume with The Man and Jonkler. Are they stupid?

1 minute ago, psqidexslizer said:

Watch that mystery D2C be a The Batman UCS Batmobile instead of a Arkham Aslume with The Man and Jonkler. Are they stupid?

:laugh::iamded_lol::roflmao:

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

UCS Batarang ($199.99, 1800ish pieces): Comes with Batman (Juniors design) and The Jonkler.

39 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

You know how funny that would be?

54 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

*meme*

And you know lego's response to seeing this all would be making the 2025 sets all based on the first "The Batman" movie and only coming with Batman and Joker.

Have you all already bought SHADOW BOX? I try to collect money for that and then MOC it. Elevator goes up to Wayne Manor. Batwing, Batpod and Tumbler. ALSO that flying thing from the Dark Knight Rises.

Just now, legoturtle said:

Have you all already bought SHADOW BOX? I try to collect money for that and then MOC it. Elevator goes up to Wayne Manor. Batwing, Batpod and Tumbler. ALSO that flying thing from the Dark Knight Rises.

The set is good. Not exactly what I want and expect, but it is good :)

3 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

But what about Joe Chill, Jason and Barbara? And Gaggy, of course? If you know what I'm talking about...

You know they wouldn't do that, three jokester and a batman. No cold joe :(

On 1/27/2024 at 2:30 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Reeves has spoken about Mr. Freeze if I remember correctly, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is the cool version of Clayface.

Though I still want the Court of Owls as the villain for the third film. I'm not the biggest fan of this particular franchise, but it feels like the themes and setup are tailor-made for the Court.

I expected what I thought was the worst for this most recent wave and I was STILL disappointed.  At this point my assumption for every set is now "giant buildable batman gauntlet with no figs"

And then the only figures are Batman, Jonkler, and Klarion the Witch-Boy.

Court of Owls almost has to be the third film unless they go real sideways in the second. The theme of corruption lends itself well to them. Not really sure who it does for a second movie villain though. I’d love to see an eco-terrorist Poison Ivy but not sure how it would work. 

The Batman is weird because it never really precludes the franchise from going in a more comic book direction than a grounded one, but it’s shot in a way where if clayface or Mr Freeze show up in the second one it would feel incredibly strange.