Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, AusMinifig said:

:pir-cry_sad:Have I missed something? Is the durmstrang set still coming? There’s no mention of it yet 

That set will very likely be Semi exclusive, so usually only Lego will sell it for at least three months and then one of Legos Partners gets to sell it exclusive too. So (image) leaks for those sets are less common, as there are less sources they could come from.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

That set will very likely be Semi exclusive, so usually only Lego will sell it for at least three months and then one of Legos Partners gets to sell it exclusive too. So (image) leaks for those sets are less common, as there are less sources they could come from.

Yes, we might have to wait until an official announcement for that one. On the bright side - the site that claimed that Cornelius Fudged is the 5th minifig in that set completely missed Cho in their description of the advent calendar, lending credence to the theory that they’d slightly confused and it’s actually Barry Crouch Sr. as originally rumored. 

EDIT: scratch that, Brickclicker just posted an image of the Triwizard Arrival set! Looks like a box art render type image, but no sign of the fifth minifigure. 

Edited by Accio Lego

Pic is out!

That's a lot of sails! I'm not into ships but I like it. Sure it's perhaps on the small side, but no action takes place on the ship or the carriage, so their size makes good sense to me.

1 minute ago, RichardGoring said:

Can't see it anywhere yet, but that's a very tantalizing post to read!

Try brick_clicker on Instagram.

4 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Try brick_clicker on Instagram.

Superstar, thanks! Thought I'd tried him, but clearly not. I agree, but small, but actually looks really good. It probably gives you everything you need very efficiently without it being a $250+ set. The dimensions and proportions give it a lot of drama.

On 4/27/2024 at 7:17 AM, brickbride said:

Meh. The Polyjuice Potion Mistake was one of the best HP sets ever in my opinion, and the Chamber of Secrets had pretty decent interiors throughout. Though I agree that some of the later sets, like the Fluffy Encounter and Sirius Black's Rescue, didn't live up to them.

Yep I completely agree. Chamber of Secrets and Polyjuice Potion Mistake were both phenomenal sets, it’s a shame the rest of the sets with that system were so lacklustre.

Okay so now that it’s monsoon season, I really do prefer this method of interior with the *new* Hogwarts Castle. The fact that you can remove and fold out modules is quite clever and allows for better interior detail, especially as exemplified by the Potions Classroom.

Ohh, I do like that carriage. Maybe I can Pick a Brick or bricklink it? Ships looks nice too.

The spider, with Ron and Harry. That goes on the top of HP wishlist.

This wave looks great, honestly. Buckbeak looks better in HQ, but I still think it’s the worse of the group and the only one I won’t my picking up.

Potions class is probably favourite of the wave, but yeah they’re all really nice 

11 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

... I really do prefer this method of interior with the *new* Hogwarts Castle. The fact that you can remove and fold out modules is quite clever and allows for better interior detail, especially as exemplified by the Potions Classroom.

Oh wow, how did I not see that? Yes, great idea, although I wonder if it will hinder play, having to remove everything. Also, will that mean you can't see much of the interior when it's all folded up, but it will still be open backed? I assume it will all come together nicely.

The extra photos of the Potions class showing it closed up are quite cool - but dang that set seems way too expensive. It looks like $25, maybe $30 USD MAX.

I also have to feel like, while the system is cool - at what cost? Are they going to do further sets with rock shells? Will they use this system for above ground rooms in the castle as well?

Or, will these two sets really be the only ones with this type of compatibility, and future sets in "this" system be just standalone things like the Owlery.

4 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Also, will that mean you can't see much of the interior when it's all folded up, but it will still be open backed? I assume it will all come together nicely.

You can't see the interior when it's folded up and placed into the Great Hall set.

Yooooooo the Durmstrang Ship looks glorious!!!! Love the crazy shaping of it and the minifig selection is superb! Also dig all the new shield pieces. Instabuy. 

23 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Oh wow, how did I not see that? Yes, great idea, although I wonder if it will hinder play, having to remove everything.

Removing everything might be a tad inconvenient, but it looks like the modules slide in and out very easily. If anything, I’d think that the ability to slide modules out and even open them up a bit via the hinged bases will improve playability. I’ve had a decent amount of trouble just posing some of the minifigs in the more enclosed 2021-2023 modules because they’re so cramped - and when you’ve got the rooms assembled into a castle it gets really fiddly to reach in there. The new set up means that everything is easily accessible without having to actually disassemble anything. 

1 minute ago, RODDY said:

Yooooooo the Durmstrang Ship looks glorious!!!! Love the crazy shaping of it and the minifig selection is superb! Also dig all the new shield pieces. Instabuy. 

Yes, there’s a more complete pic out now and that fifth character definitely has Crouch Senior’s mustache. Madam Maxime also has the extra long legs and a different torso - it’s nice that they’re going out of their way to give people who already have the 2019 carriage something different I guess. 

Also, it’s hard to see with the current pic, but is that our very first triple handled triwizard cup?! 

Interior photos of Ollivanders have leaked. Looks like either 3 or 4 new wand molds I think (I could be wrong).

Some great sets in this wave. Standout for me is the Durmstrang ship. The detail is amazing and the size I think is great. And fab figures with it. 

The potion class is great too with all its new elements, Lego is a bit obsessed with the Harry Potter theme flowing up or becoming a book or a case. I don't think it becomes a negative here but might not look great folded up in the new system. 

Speaking of the new system. Not sure I like it yet, Its definitely better than the last in some ways but I think I preferred the rock work in the last version. The Great hall is nice with the higher ceiling but the courtyard is a bit confined and the steps to the boat house are so wrong. I think the troll should have been a separate set and they should have put the kitchen and Hufflepuff common room as the pull out sections. Where I think this version will be successful  is that they seem to have a plan for it all. The anniversary version style was all over the place and cobbled together at the end to look something like Hogwarts. And the poor 2018 style was abandoned before they finished it. 

Ollivanders and Madam Malkins are nice, Madam Malkins is better than the owl Post shop from the last set but it's still lacking. I like that they are getting the extra window level into ollivanders and the new elements look interesting. Definitely good for Moc material or turning into Hogsmeade versions with some added snow. 

Aragog looks amazing too, the printed face is a bit flat but the spider body is great. The blue forbidden forest is ugly, I don't get it. 

And the big builds are never for everyone. I think the mandrake looks good at least, Buckbeak not as successful. 

And the Advent Calendar is the best in a while. I like that its set around one think, some great figures and the house statues are ugly but I like that they tried at least, its something they haven't made before. 

So Pretty happy. I'll probable skip the Great Hall or wait for a sale. Skip Buckbeak too. Mandrakes a maybe. The rest I'll get. 

Oh wow. With more pics of the ship, I just love it. Great to see they've crammed in interior where they could, and the building techniques will surely be fun to see.

The Minifigures are just stunning too. So detailed, so many new prints, well chosen parts, and hilariously, not a major character in sight for a large set! I don't even feel compelled to complain that there only five because the set is just doing it for me!

I never would've thought the two standout sets of a year for me would've been a Hagrid's Hut and a Durmstrang Ship.

50 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The extra photos of the Potions class showing it closed up are quite cool - but dang that set seems way too expensive. It looks like $25, maybe $30 USD MAX.

I also have to feel like, while the system is cool - at what cost? Are they going to do further sets with rock shells? Will they use this system for above ground rooms in the castle as well?

Or, will these two sets really be the only ones with this type of compatibility, and future sets in "this" system be just standalone things like the Owlery.

You can't see the interior when it's folded up and placed into the Great Hall set.

Where have you seen pictures of the potions classroom closed up and in the great hall? 

The ship is cool and all, but wow I just bet the inclusion of the carriage makes it 20-30 bucks more expensive than it needs to be. Wish it was just the ship to keep the price low. But original content in 2024 for this theme? Nearly unheard of, excited to scoop it up.

The Great Hall looks blocky because they completely excluded the cylindrical tower to the right of the hall. I agree the stairs leading to the harbor are inaccurate, should be zig zagged and not straight down. Having said that, it's nice to see it included at all. It's kind of funny how we got 3 Great Halls and all are somehow inaccurate in their own ways lol. Really hope that Ogre makes his way into another set somehow because I otherwise really do not want to buy this set lol.

Everything else is an easy pass given I'm buying Dragon Alley soon. Also brick built Griffon is so ugly. The legs look unstable with those ball joints, and the textures and details feel really unsatisfying to look at. No where near as attractive as brick built Hedwig. 

11 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Where have you seen pictures of the potions classroom closed up and in the great hall? 

Here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C6cg4-qLeaz/?igsh=MWx5ejFhbGV2bno3Yg==

There is also a photo on the back of the Great Hall box kind of showing it with the boat house.

My gosh that's a lot of wands in Ollivander's!!

48 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Also, it’s hard to see with the current pic, but is that our very first triple handled triwizard cup?! 

Indeed it is, you can see a little grey sticking out which I assume is the third snake handle.

I think this summer wave is very strong. Frankly all of 2024 has been. They’re breathing some fresh life into this theme. Lots of unique mini-figures.

My only qualm with this year is that it’s 90% sets from the first two movies. Given there’s some mini-figure variety some of it is welcome. I’m just a little fatigued of all the short legged figures. I really hope as they continue this Hogwarts theme we begin to see more scenes from movies past HP3.

That said, the Ship / carriage set fleshed out GOF nicely, and so did the Owlery.

The Durmstrang Ship looks stunning. Do wish it was a bit bigger because it would be even more imposing. Maybe if this is successful we can get a D2C version one day even if the Durmstrang Ship isn't super iconic.

The potions classroom looks nice (and thank heaven we're getting classrooms again) but way too expensive. It needs to be at least $30.

Madam Malkin's is too small for me to take seriously. It feels like a shop for house elves based on its size. Really wish we could get a version of this shop to fit with the D2C Diagon Alley. $90 for the pint-size Madam Malkin's and Ollivander's feels almost offensive at this point.

Brickclicker said that the Aragog set is coming in June, does he mean August? I'd love for these to come out in June but I just thought that was odd