Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

What about it is a must have to you? Genuinely curious.

Basically everything but the Hall itself. All the underground rooms look fun, all the different students, Friar, Troll, Prof Vector.

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm guessing the advent calendar might have a school uniform Harry again.

I don’t see why the advent calendar would use a recycled torso for Harry. We’ve had roughly on average 3 new torsos per calendar (with the exception of 2021 when there were only 2 new torsos but several new tile prints and 2019 that had 4 new torsos), and Susan Bones and Draco Malfoy are much more likely to recycle student uniform torsos. Dumbledore and Flitwick are also prime candidates for recycling prints, which means that the unknown ghost and Harry are almost certainly going to be something new. 

Remember, while Flitwick is present in the scene with the green jumper, Dumbledore is from the Mirror of Erised scene where Harry wears his red jumper (which currently only exists in ripped form from the 2021 chess set). The designers could even take a shot a doing partially invisible Harry with transparent parts since they’ve only ever represented the invisibility cloak with silvery fabric before. 

Yeah where is “the usual” place for leaks? Can someone DM?

I use r/legoleaks but they’ve been missing some stuff recently, is there a new place 👀

Ararog leaked via brick clicker insta. Its really bigger than 2018 set. Not much vissible now. Do not see if Fang is there.

3 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Ararog leaked via brick clicker insta. Its really bigger than 2018 set. Not much vissible now. Do not see if Fang is there.

Ooh, that Aragog looks really good, might be the best one so far. Still not big enough I think, but honestly doesn't matter too much to me.

Posted (edited)

Looks like a new dark Brown or brown spider is in there as well.

Edit 2 May: It isn't.

Edited by mark1991t

Aragog looks good... I think the cats out of the bag now, Lego, may as well reveal the full wave tomorrow 😁

The Aragogs resemblance to the movie is huge. It actually looks very good, I only hope its "face" is printed tile, not a sticker. Greats Halls, Mandrake and Buckbeak boxes photos have also leaked. I would say that Great Hall looks decent. Buckbeak and Mandrake sets are totally pass for me.

Characters in Great Hall are named students. To small form me to read from phonescreen.

That Aragog is terrifying. Unlike the 2010/18 versions I don’t know if my arachnophobia could cope with owning it. 

3 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Characters in Great Hall are named students. To small form me to read from phonescreen.

Where are you seeing that? 🙂

This Aragog is amazing, it's (almost) as good as Shelob. Finally, the 2002 one has been dethroned. The only way they could do this better is if they were to make him the next big buildable creature like they did with the Hungarian Horntail.

10 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Where are you seeing that? 🙂

Insta cmf6169_leaks.  Can not find boxes of the others mentioned above.

14 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Think it says Daphne Greengrass, Terry Boot and Leanne who's a friend of Katie Bell.

1 minute ago, Micmac said:

Think it says Daphne Greengrass, Terry Boot and Leanne who's a friend of Katie Bell.

Agree with you.

Yeah, Leanne, Terry and Daphne. Great! 

Also, the hall looks magnificent from outside. 

8 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Thanks. 

I don't think Daphne and Terry are the best choices of character to include here, but any new minifigs is an absolute win. 

In terms of students, just Alicia Spinnet, Katie Bell, Cormac McLaggen, Eloise Midgen, Millicent Bulstrode, Marcus Belby, Penelope Clearwater, Ernie MacMillain, Roger Davies and Zacarias Smith to go! 

Posted (edited)

It seems I’m in the minority for thinking the Great Hall looks fantastic when we only had the interior photos! It’s clearly bigger than the 2021 one, that’s obvious, and much higher than 2018’s. The courtyard also looks much better than 2018’s. People say that they don’t see $180’s worth of stuff there, but I think they underestimate the presence and depth it will have, especially with the rock base. It’s going to be huge.

Now we’ve seen the exterior, I think this looks like the best Great Hall yet. It looks like this new Hogwarts system allows the different sets to properly fit together in a fully thought out environment, while still looking good. 2021 had customisability and the sets fitting together well, but at the expense of aesthetics - especially on the exterior. 2018 has really good aesthetics, and the sets do fit together, but are essentially just buildings and walls - there’s no sense of integration into an environment. Meanwhile this has rocks and steps leading down to the boathouse, meaning everything will fit together into a world. I think having that rocky base will really do wonders for the displayability of this system, and it will be the minifig-scale version of the microscale castle.

Edited by sammy_zammy

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

That Aragog is terrifying. Unlike the 2010/18 versions I don’t know if my arachnophobia could cope with owning it. 

Here here. :grin: I actually didn't mind displaying the last one. The eyes were just cartoonish enough that they didn't look too childish, but also not menacing. This one looks like it's out to suck your blood. I wouldn't even want to put it together. :cry_sad:

The exterior of the Great Hall thankfully looks much better than the interior. Definitely has the most consistent look. And while I think all the previous versions (even just the entrance and courtyard from last year's battle of Hogwarts) did at least something better than this one, I still think this one overall takes the cake. (Even though personally I think for the Great Hall segment itself, 2018 is still probably my favourite, but I have to look at the total picture).

It's kind of like a contest, where the others have a couple of first prizes, a few third and fourth, but this one has the most second prizes, averaging out the score and thus still finishing on top.

I think we can give Lego a pass for advertising this as "the most detailed Hogwarts Castle". I think it's definitely gonna be the definitive minifigure scale version (or system I suppose) they could realistically and reasonably make.

Although I will probably try to combine it with all the previous versions to make it a little bit better, definitely the interior at least. And I will also try to make the stairs a bit less straight.

I do think it's funny we got Daphne Greengrass before Astoria.

@Brick Clicker wasn’t exaggerating, this really is the best Aragog yet! This may give Shelob a run for her money :laugh:

Good to know the three students are named characters too! Now I hope for some pictures of the Durmstrang ship soon :excited:

Posted (edited)

That Aragog is amazing, so anatomically correct and makes the 2018 one look like a cute chibi/funko version by comparison, you could actually frighten people with it. Shame there is no fang.

I hope the Dumbledore from the Great hall is the same one in the Advent Calendar, with that hat and printed skirt. I don’t plan to get this hall but might make my own from the online instructions using my existing peices  

Edited by Bugbot20082