Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I’m not sure if we will know who are ghost and professor. I feel like they will be generic? 

I doubt it. They have more appeal if they aren't generic. Would you rather have "random Hufflepuff number 2" or Zacharias Smith, say? The same goes for the professors. As long as they have named characters to draw from, I expect them to.

As for the ghost discussion, usually I prefer things to match, but there's something nice to the diversity of different coloured ghosts, too. I've been using the green Banshee as an extra ghost in my Hogwarts as well. 

36 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I’m not sure if we will know who are ghost and professor. I feel like they will be generic? 

There are some unnamed teachers seen in the GH scenes, but definitely no generic ghosts, since there are only 5 ghosts at Hogwarts :laugh: And why would they do an unnamed background teacher if they could include Vector? Granted, that used to be an unnamed extra too, but thanks to the LEGO games we now know it's her, same with Sinistra 

19 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I doubt it. They have more appeal if they aren't generic. Would you rather have "random Hufflepuff number 2" or Zacharias Smith, say? The same goes for the professors. As long as they have named characters to draw from, I expect them to.

As for the ghost discussion, usually I prefer things to match, but there's something nice to the diversity of different coloured ghosts, too. I've been using the green Banshee as an extra ghost in my Hogwarts as well. 

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There are some unnamed teachers seen in the GH scenes, but definitely no generic ghosts, since there are only 5 ghosts at Hogwarts :laugh: And why would they do an unnamed background teacher if they could include Vector? Granted, that used to be an unnamed extra too, but thanks to the LEGO games we now know it's her, same with Sinistra 

You two made some good points. I just don’t mind including some unnamed characrs to Hogwarts or Diagon Alley but i am not just sure about professor. 

Actaully there were more than 5 (named) ghosts at Hogwarts. We have seen several ghosts at the welcoming fest sene in PS and we saw ghostly knights riding horses. Stil unarmed tho. 

I wouldn't mind generic ghosts based on some of the background characters in later sets but not right now when we still don't have the Fat Friar or Bloody Baron. Or for that matter, the Grey Lady's depiction from the first two movies.

17 hours ago, Seaber said:

1. Finding out who the ghost and teacher are. 

The ghost and professor from the Great Hall are definitely of interest, and I’m also eager to see the three as yet unnamed students in that set. There’s a good chance they’ll cover the other three houses, but since Susan and Draco appear in this year’s advent calendar there’s actually a chance we’ll get some variety on that front for once. And speaking of the advent calendar, there’s also an unknown ghost there too. 

I’m also looking forward to the new parts in Potions Class. There’s apparently a new flask piece but we’ve already got an Erlenmeyer flask in lego form, and there are only so many flat bottomed flasks out there. Then again, maybe ‘flask’ is just an over generalization - perhaps lego is taking a cue from the ‘crystal phials’ on the student supply list and has figured out how to give us a test tube piece. 

Harry Potter summer waves are also pretty good about giving us new animals - if not new molds then at least new colors and prints. We know about the troll, but that’s more of a character like Kreacher, who had a new color of cat appear in the same set as him, so I’m hopeful we’ll see something else new pop up. 

Posted (edited)

Just looking at the lego HP video game, years 1-4, there are a number of missing minifigs, still. From the named ghosts, in addition to the Fat Friar and Bloody Baron, we also have Prof Binns and Peeves. Among the Slytherins, there's Millie and boy, girl, and Prefect. From the Ravenclaws, there's Anthony Goldstein, Penelope Clearwater, and boy, girl, and Prefect. Hufflepuffs: Ernie Macmillan, and boy, girl, and Prefect. Gryffindors: Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, and boy, girl, and Prefect. Staff: Prof Vector. Death Eaters: Crabbe Sr, Goyle Sr. (We've had Macnair, but he wasn't named.) Amos Diggory, Barty Crouch Sr, generic Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students. (Doris Crockford went unnamed, Madam Malkin and Igor Kakaroff should put in an appearance this summer.) Tom the innkeeper. Dragonkeeper, shifty wizard, witch, wizard, boy, girl. And finally the Muggles: the Masons, Aunt Marge, and for completionism's sake, the milkman and station guard. 

Also, Firenze, the Weird Sisters, Mrs Norris, the Giant Squid, and Bowtruckles

Edited by krimimimi

46 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Mrs Norris

We got a very pretty one a while ago.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

Just looking at the lego HP video game, years 1-4, there are a number of missing minifigs, still. From the named ghosts, in addition to the Fat Friar and Bloody Baron, we also have Prof Binns and Peeves. Among the Slytherins, there's Millie and boy, girl, and Prefect. From the Ravenclaws, there's Anthony Goldstein, Penelope Clearwater, and boy, girl, and Prefect. Hufflepuffs: Ernie Macmillan, and boy, girl, and Prefect. Gryffindors: Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, and boy, girl, and Prefect. Staff: Prof Vector. Death Eaters: Crabbe Sr, Goyle Sr. (We've had Macnair, but he wasn't named.) Amos Diggory, Barty Crouch Sr, generic Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students. (Doris Crockford went unnamed, Madam Malkin and Igor Kakaroff should put in an appearance this summer.) Tom the innkeeper. Dragonkeeper, shifty wizard, witch, wizard, boy, girl. And finally the Muggles: the Masons, Aunt Marge, and for completionism's sake, the milkman and station guard. 

Also, Firenze, the Weird Sisters, Mrs Norris, the Giant Squid, and Bowtruckles

You forgot the Carrows!

EDIT: Just saw the 1-4 part. Sorry!

Edited by Murdoch17

21 hours ago, Lion King said:

Actaully there were more than 5 (named) ghosts at Hogwarts. We have seen several ghosts at the welcoming fest sene in PS and we saw ghostly knights riding horses. Stil unarmed tho. 

Don’t forget the caroling ghosts from Sorcerer’s Stone (they pass by Hermione in the scene when she’s leaving for the holidays). Now that I’m thinking of it, I wonder if the ghost in the advent calendar might be one of them - they appear right before the shot of Flitwick levitating ornaments onto the Christmas trees in the Great Hall, and he’s in the advent calendar too. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Don’t forget the caroling ghosts from Sorcerer’s Stone (they pass by Hermione in the scene when she’s leaving for the holidays). Now that I’m thinking of it, I wonder if the ghost in the advent calendar might be one of them - they appear right before the shot of Flitwick levitating ornaments onto the Christmas trees in the Great Hall, and he’s in the advent calendar too. 

Oooo Caroling Ghost minifigure in Advent Calendr sounds lovely!

And let's not forget the headless horseman ghosts who breaks through the big window near the great hall time and again... although they would require ghost horses 😁

And let’s not forget that there was a sleepyhead ghost walking through Ron or someone in Gryffindor common room. 

@krimimimi What I could see (and hope for) is a recolour of the fat cat from friends in orange with normal eyes as Hermioine's cat.

Posted (edited)

According to Brick Clicker, LEGO Icons 10334 is going to be the retro radio. 906 pieces for USD 110, and it "likely includes a sound brick". (That last bit is according to the usual source. In his video, he only says that he could imagine it containing a sound brick, so I don't know. Though he explicitly says that he could imagine it because of the price-to-pieces ratio.)

Assuming it's true, though - anyone want to explain the pricing for the "But it has a sound brick!" Sorting Hat?

Edited by brickbride

I must rewatch the movies at some point because I really thought the only ghosts we see are the four house ghosts and Myrtle :blush: Whoopsie.

Still, I refuse to believe they’d include a random ghost and some unnamed extra over actual named characters :laugh:

Don’t Gringott Bank have some unnamed characters?  1 Death Eater, 2 goblins and 2 guards just like we saw them in movies. It would be cool to have unnamed ghosts, professors or studnets at Hogwarts. Or even at Hogmeade. 

I remember there is a deleted scene where Trewnaly sat at High Table next to the unarmed female professor during Umbridge’s speech in OotP.

10 minutes ago, Lion King said:

It would be cool to have unnamed ghosts, professors or studnets at Hogwarts. Or even at Hogmeade. 

Only after we got at least one version of each of the named characters :tongue: Even random unnamed characters would require new prints and recoloured pieces, so it’d be kinda silly to spend part of the budget on that when we still have missing named characters :laugh: 

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Only after we got at least one version of each of the named characters :tongue: Even random unnamed characters would require new prints and recoloured pieces, so it’d be kinda silly to spend part of the budget on that when we still have missing named characters :laugh: 

Hmm after at least one verison of each named character?  It sound like theme will be discontinued…. 

I don’t think that’s silly they would do unarmed characters but I guess you make a point then… Obviously you took a part ouf of my quote when I was talking about James minifigures in Gringotts Bank. 

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I don’t think that’s silly they would do unarmed characters but I guess you make a point then… 

My point is just that it wouldn’t make much sense to give us unnamed professors, students, and ghosts when there are still quite a few named ones they could do first :tongue: I doubt there are many people who’d prefer random teacher #5 over Vector or random ghost #3 over the Bloody Baron. Sure, their screentime may be comparable, but the fact they’re named helps :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

My point is just that it wouldn’t make much sense to give us unnamed professors, students, and ghosts when there are still quite a few named ones they could do first :tongue:

We-ell, not that many people who were interested in the UCS Hogwarts Express would have preferred Random Hufflepuff Diversity Student (TM) and Random Ravenclaw Diversity Student (TM) to adult Ron and Hermione. Yet here we are.

If I remember correctly, the designer even admitted that at one point they'd had adult Ron and Hermione in the line-up but ultimately decided against them. Even though they've never been done before and the chance that they'll get done now is pretty slim.

Edited by brickbride

1 hour ago, brickbride said:

We-ell, not that many people who were interested in the UCS Hogwarts Express would have preferred Random Hufflepuff Diversity Student (TM) and Random Ravenclaw Diversity Student (TM) to adult Ron and Hermione. Yet here we are.

2 points about that:

• The two random students didn’t have any new prints or pieces, so it’s not comparable to random professors or ghosts who’d definitely need that. Making unnamed characters out of existing parts makes sense, spending part of the theme’s budget on them does not :tongue:
  • The choice was not between these two students who added nothing to the budget and adult Ron & Hermione who would’ve needed four new prints. If you wanna blame other minifigs for their exclusion, blame some of the ones that did get new prints :grin:

I'd prefer they omitted all five epilogue characters from the Deluxe Hogwarts Express and knocked down the RRP, but there we go :laugh:

Shouldn't be long until we know more anyway, Vector and FF/BB are quite distinctive looking and shouldn't get confused for other characters if we get images/further discriptions of the figs. 

Iirc, part of the issue with epilogue Hermione & Ron in the Deluxe HE was "where do you stop?" because they didn't feel you could include those two and then not include Rose and Hugo as well, especially if you had Harry & Ginny's kids in the set (that's now nine just between the 2 families), and then maybe you go for Draco & Astoria, and then you need Scorpious... (that's twelve between the 3 families) Throw in the trolley witch and engineer, and they'd have been well on their way to having enough characters just in the epilogue alone to fill the set, which presented a problem if they wanted to stick to their various scenes through the ages plan. I think that might have been from an interview with Marcos. That was one of his last HP sets. 

Epilogue characters?

I wish there had been more, than the Potter family. I bought those 5 from bricklink.

Adult Hermione and Ron + their 2 kids Rose and Hugo, I would have been interested in too.

Flying Ford Anglia 76424, that set I did get. 76432, I'll get. And 76428, I did not plan to get, but, now that's the plan too.