Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Weren’t the prices attached to the Burrow leaked in the survey more in the typical $400 range? 2405 pieces isn’t a $400 set, more like $250. That suggests that if this is the Burrow it’s been scaled back from the leaked image. 

No. It was $200 to $325, according to Promobricks.

Piece-count was 2388, so this 2405 piece set could be the Burrow, because its just 17 pieces more.

7 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Weren’t the prices attached to the Burrow leaked in the survey more in the typical $400 range?

It was in a $200-325 price range. This is taken from the original message of @JeanGreyForever on 29th of January 2023 about the survey with Burrow.

"The Burrow set is 2388 pieces and will be released in a price range of $200-325, probably $250. It measures 20 inches/50 cm high. It looks a lot more detailed and better than the previous two Burrow sets imo although the design still seems preliminary. There are 9 minifigures depicted but they all have generic white bodies and faceless heads and there's no description as to which minifigures they are. The only thing that distinguishes the figures is that they have specific hairpieces. I don't see a Harry but there is a Hermione because she's got her trademark brown hairpiece. Every other minifigure has red hair so I'm guessing Hermione is the only non-Weasley included. I can tell that one of them is definitely Molly, one is Ron, and two are Fred and George. That leaves four other red-headed characters who I can't tell but I'm guessing they would probably include Arthur, Ginny, and Percy. There's nothing about the set that seems themed to Half-Blood Prince so I'm assuming it's based more on the Chamber of Secrets. The image I saw was only of the exterior so I have no idea what the interior looks like except that the description of the set mentions dishes that wash themselves".

Why the scepticism? :tongue: All of the other survey leak sets (except for Donald) have now been confirmed, so why should this be the sole exception? :laugh: 

49 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

It was in a $200-325 price range. This is taken from the original message of @JeanGreyForever on 29th of January 2023 about the survey with Burrow.

"The Burrow set is 2388 pieces and will be released in a price range of $200-325, probably $250. It measures 20 inches/50 cm high. It looks a lot more detailed and better than the previous two Burrow sets imo although the design still seems preliminary. There are 9 minifigures depicted but they all have generic white bodies and faceless heads and there's no description as to which minifigures they are. The only thing that distinguishes the figures is that they have specific hairpieces. I don't see a Harry but there is a Hermione because she's got her trademark brown hairpiece. Every other minifigure has red hair so I'm guessing Hermione is the only non-Weasley included. I can tell that one of them is definitely Molly, one is Ron, and two are Fred and George. That leaves four other red-headed characters who I can't tell but I'm guessing they would probably include Arthur, Ginny, and Percy. There's nothing about the set that seems themed to Half-Blood Prince so I'm assuming it's based more on the Chamber of Secrets. The image I saw was only of the exterior so I have no idea what the interior looks like except that the description of the set mentions dishes that wash themselves".

Okay, that’s pretty reassuring actually 

Although I personally count 10 minifigs in that leaked image. There’s 9 on ground level around the build and a tenth on one of the balconies near the top - it’s just short so it’s not super obvious. Based on the top of the hairpiece visible I think it’s the Ginny-coded stand in figure, hence why there’s no fig with Ginny’s typical hair in the ground level group despite Molly clearly being there. 

Which means that if the prospective line up seen in the preliminary model carries over into the final set we could theoretically get all nine Weasleys - including Bill and Charlie. Of course, with no Harry in sight in the leak it’s more than likely the final set will be edited to include him. 

10 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Although I personally count 10 minifigs in that leaked image.

I agree, the 10th on the balcony is likely Ginny. And while everything is possible, I wouldn't understand a D2C Burrow with some member of the Weasley family missing, so I'm expeting both Bill and Charlie being in the set.

57 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I agree, the 10th on the balcony is likely Ginny. And while everything is possible, I wouldn't understand a D2C Burrow with some member of the Weasley family missing, so I'm expeting both Bill and Charlie being in the set.

That’s what I’m hoping too. There’s still the matter of Harry not being in the preliminary image, but 11 minifigs is just as plausible as 10 for a $250 D2C. 

I'm also hopeful that the lack of any Bellatrix style blank minifig means that we’ll finally get a Burrow based off something other than that movie-only HBP scene. Bill and Fleur’s wedding is a possibility (although wouldn’t include Percy), but the shorter stature of some of the stand ins makes me wonder if they’re referencing the beginning of GoF. Bill, Charlie, and Percy don’t make an appearance in the movie but in the book it’s the first and almost only time that the entire family is seen in the same place, and with Lego doing increasingly more book content it’s possible they’d go in that direction. 

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

The modified Ivan portrait doesn't appear in the English version of the wiki, but here's the Spanish version  https://harrypotter.fandom.com/es/wiki/Filius_Noster

That's a great find. Now, I've finally got a name to attach to that portrait (and some high quality images of both versions of the portrait). I was having a look at the source of the info (Potter: The Movie Archives – Volume 6: Hogwarts Castle) to see if the English name might be different, however there he was simply referenced as "unidentified headmaster". Only to find out the name is literally on the frame. Although I'm still slightly sceptical of it being the actual name as Filius Noster is also a term in alchemy, and the other sentence appearing twice on there "so?? is finished when seven are one" (a slight alteration on that famous alchemic sentence), once on the bottom and once on the top, kinda supports that being the case here as well. Although then again, it's still in line with the origin of many names in the Wizarding World. Either way, based on the frame, it's save to assume he's at least associated with the Philosopher's Stone. Probably one of the many failed attempts to make one.

51 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I definitely agree. They really don't have an excuse to leave out Charlie. We've gotten blink and you miss it background characters (flower witch soon for example). We've gotten photo exclusive characters (Advent Calendar Sirius Black). So Charlie definitely deserves to be included to complete the family. I mean where else could they put him?

47 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I definitely agree. They really don't have an excuse to leave out Charlie. We've gotten blink and you miss it background characters (flower witch soon for example). We've gotten photo exclusive characters (Advent Calendar Sirius Black). So Charlie definitely deserves to be included to complete the family. I mean where else could they put him?

Something clearly meant to be the ultimate version of the Weasley home would definitely feel incomplete without the whole family. And plenty of people want a complete Weasley family just in general. And there’s not any other place to put Charlie unless Lego decides they want to do some explicitly Hogwarts Mystery based sets - which I think is highly unlikely although I do believe there’s a chance they’ll use Charlie’s HM appearance as the basis for his minifigure if he shows up in the Burrow (it’s not like they really have anything else to go off as far as I know). 

Edited by Accio Lego

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Although I'm still slightly sceptical of it being the actual name as Filius Noster is also a term in alchemy, and the other sentence appearing twice on there "so?? is finished when seven are one" (a slight alteration on that famous alchemic sentence), once on the bottom and once on the top, kinda supports that being the case here as well.

I'm sceptical of the name as well as it means "our son". While some of the WW names have meaning, that one strikes me as weird. Nevertheless, it's a way of identifying it, so it's a start. 

55 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

although I do believe there’s a chance they’ll use Charlie’s HM appearance as the basis for his minifigure if he shows up in the Burrow (it’s not like they really have anything else to go off as far as I know). 

The Egypt Weasley Family vacation photo is the appearance I was thinking of myself. I assume Lego has access to better images of his outfit there. There are apparently also pictures of him in Chamber of Secrets, although probably impossible to see well on screen, I assume one of which is on the Weasley Family Clock. And there's a background character in DH1 that's speculated to be him. Lego probably would know if that's the case. What I also think is interesting is that Charlie in the lego games has a very similar outfit to Hogwarts Mystery, and that was years before that. So maybe there's another source where both games based his appearance on.

43 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Nevertheless, it's a way of identifying it, so it's a start. 

My thoughts exactly. Definitely better than simply calling him Ivan the Terrible xD.

6 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

What I also think is interesting is that Charlie in the lego games has a very similar outfit to Hogwarts Mystery, and that was years before that. So maybe there's another source where both games based his appearance on.

Or Hogwarts Mystery just took their cue from the Lego games? From what I can tell, Professor Sinestra had no canon appearance until the Lego game said ‘yeah, this cool background extra - that’s her’ and then years later Hogwarts Mystery came along and said ‘okay then’ and used the same cool looking extra when they added her character to their own game. 

In any case, there’s barely anything recognizable on the Charlie stand-in in that Egypt photo, which they might not want to call attention to considering that the Bill they end up doing won’t look anything like the one beside him. And what’s there to take from that version anyway? They won’t want to include the souvenir fez, so a pretty plain patterned shirt? That might work for an exclusive Sirius variant on an advent calendar budget but I’m not sure how thrilled fans would be with that treatment on the only Charlie Weasley we’re likely to get. His Hogwarts Mystery outfits have the benefit of being far more complex and featuring little hints of his dragon obsession, which might make him a little more recognizable even to fans unfamiliar with the game. 

On 1/19/2024 at 1:12 AM, Ferder said:

Thanks, I’ve been trying to recall that name. All I could find was the style guide with his pictures. It really explains so much about those original HP minifigures like Snape’s green face, Dumbledore’s pink robes, Ron’s hair…

Totally! I didn’t know this style guide existed, and when you compared to the original mini-figures, they’re beat for beat taken from this book. So interesting! 

What's worrying about this year's upcoming sets, is that there doesn't seem to be a clear indication that they're confident the Hogwarts reboot will be successful. I'm not sure if it's fear that they've literally just concluded one, or more so because the theme has fallen slightly in sales since the green-roof sets. Two buildings that allegedly may connect together to make a hogwarts build isn't exactly a lot. I know they introduced a similar set up with the sets in 2018, but that was literally the first time the theme had been brought back. When 2021 came around, we had a reboot, but also had a lot to add to the new system. Chamber of Secrets, Fluffy encounter, the girls bathroom, flying lesson. It was already a somewhat decent build based on just those few sets alone, and there was a lot of faith they absolutely would add to it later. Just having two sets connect, feels more like a test-run in my opinion. I know they have the boathouse and Owlry, but they're external and likely won't really connect properly to the system until it's finished (if it gets finished). The rest of the sets feel random. Buildable creatures and Ollivander's, which is great for getting a cheap alternative to Diagon Alley, but it's not exactly enough to wow fans of the theme who are potentially looking for something new that could be explored from the movies.

Adding to this, I find it slightly disappointing that they're not interested in exploring the later movies more. Especially DH1&2. I know we just had a wave covering this, but it seems to me like the first two HP movies are becoming what the OT Saga is for the Star Wars Lego theme. It's a constant re-visit and remaking of those moments, but in reality, things from the later movies could also make pretty decent sets. An example I can think is the upcoming forest set. This could have been a Forest of Dean set from DH part 1. Feature a doe patronus, give us Harry, Ron & Hermione in some of their DHP1 appearances and possibly a play feature for the sword being collected from ice? Maybe even a tent?

I heard some mention the Great Hall being themed to Azkaban, I genuinely would appreciate this. The 2021-2023 reboot never saw a new version of Michael Gambon's Dumbledore, because the theme seems so dependent on leaning into the first two movies more than anything else. Personally, I think at this price, and with the inclusion of the Carriage & ship, the Great Hall could likely be themed to Goblet of Fire. It would allow for a wider selection of minifigures and possibly cover some characters we haven't gotten before. Barty Crouch Snr being one; students that haven't been done before with their respective robes, like Credric Diggory; the weasley twins with their longer hair and so on. Then there's also teachers like Mad Eye Moody, who could be used as one of the main teachers in this particular Hogwarts set. Gambon Dumbledore with robe printing that's more accurate to his GOF appearance (the CMF was more POA I believe?) Minerva is in the boathouse set and Snape will likely be in potions. This leaves teachers quite open. The owlry is also Goblet of Fire themed, with that & the carriage and ship, it could be a more GOF-centric wave. Which would be refreshing than restarting from the beginning, but also could be wishful thinking on my part.

Brick Clicker just revealed the new Brickheadz set is "Prisoner of Azkaban" and likely 5 characters.  I am going for Sirius Black, Lupin, Wormtail, a Dementor and Buckbeak (previously only  available as a GWP).

Edited by chrisincanada

2 hours ago, Alas_Earwax said:

What's worrying about this year's upcoming sets, is that there doesn't seem to be a clear indication that they're confident the Hogwarts reboot will be successful.

I don´t see a reason to think that. With Owlery and Boathouse we got two Sets we didn´t get before and while surely not everyone that got one (or both) of the former Hogwarts lines will get this one too, there will always those that still buy them and lets not forget Harry Potter is a theme that also lives from new Kids watching the films and wanting to have a own Hogwarts. I have no doubt they will sell well enough - and honestly, if they wouldn´t have faith in those Sets selling, I don´t think they would do them.

I'm not sure if it's fear that they've literally just concluded one, or more so because the theme has fallen slightly in sales since the green-roof sets. Two buildings that allegedly may connect together to make a hogwarts build isn't exactly a lot. I know they introduced a similar set up with the sets in 2018, but that was literally the first time the theme had been brought back. When 2021 came around, we had a reboot, but also had a lot to add to the new system. Chamber of Secrets, Fluffy encounter, the girls bathroom, flying lesson. It was already a somewhat decent build based on just those few sets alone, and there was a lot of faith they absolutely would add to it later. Just having two sets connect, feels more like a test-run in my opinion. I know they have the boathouse and Owlry, but they're external and likely won't really connect properly to the system until it's finished (if it gets finished). The rest of the sets feel random. Buildable creatures and Ollivander's, which is great for getting a cheap alternative to Diagon Alley, but it's not exactly enough to wow fans of the theme who are potentially looking for something new that could be explored from the movies.

I am pretty sure the Boathouse will connect to the Great Hall and very likely to the Potion Class too, so we would already have three Sets. And well, I must say I was surprised it will be only two Hogwarts-Sets for the Summer wave that are part of the Castle itself. but then again with the Great Hall beeing quite a lot money to add for one Set and and expected Runtime for three Years it wouldn´t really make sense to put to many Sets out in this wave. Also, we shouldn´t forget that the other Sets like the Forbidden Forest one, Aragog and Hagrits Hut, aswell as the Ship and carriage also belong to the castle even though especially the last one works well as standalone Set - and likely will also appeal many that don´t want to start another castle System too.

Adding to this, I find it slightly disappointing that they're not interested in exploring the later movies more. Especially DH1&2. I know we just had a wave covering this, but it seems to me like the first two HP movies are becoming what the OT Saga is for the Star Wars Lego theme. It's a constant re-visit and remaking of those moments, but in reality, things from the later movies could also make pretty decent sets. An example I can think is the upcoming forest set. This could have been a Forest of Dean set from DH part 1. Feature a doe patronus, give us Harry, Ron & Hermione in some of their DHP1 appearances and possibly a play feature for the sword being collected from ice? Maybe even a tent?

I heard some mention the Great Hall being themed to Azkaban, I genuinely would appreciate this. The 2021-2023 reboot never saw a new version of Michael Gambon's Dumbledore, because the theme seems so dependent on leaning into the first two movies more than anything else. Personally, I think at this price, and with the inclusion of the Carriage & ship, the Great Hall could likely be themed to Goblet of Fire. It would allow for a wider selection of minifigures and possibly cover some characters we haven't gotten before. Barty Crouch Snr being one; students that haven't been done before with their respective robes, like Credric Diggory; the weasley twins with their longer hair and so on. Then there's also teachers like Mad Eye Moody, who could be used as one of the main teachers in this particular Hogwarts set. Gambon Dumbledore with robe printing that's more accurate to his GOF appearance (the CMF was more POA I believe?) Minerva is in the boathouse set and Snape will likely be in potions. This leaves teachers quite open. The owlry is also Goblet of Fire themed, with that & the carriage and ship, it could be a more GOF-centric wave. Which would be refreshing than restarting from the beginning, but also could be wishful thinking on my part.

I think they might sometimes favor the first two films over others because they got more audience in general, since they have the lowest age recommendation. Anyways there are still enough Scenes from all movies that are missing especially if we are not counting the old sets before the theme got brought back. Troll on the lose likely beeing on of the most recommended from the first movie for instance.

Wow, I am so excited about the new sets. I always wanted to collect quite detailed minifigure scaled Hogwarts Castle, and since I was not a fan of the previous generation of Hogwart, even though I liked the possibility of rearranging rooms, however, the emptiness and lack of details inside the rooms, was deciding factor to skip those sets and get minifigures separately. But this time I might finally collect the whole Hogwarts castle, of course depending on how those sets will look like. I think with release of the great hall, we should get preview of how those segments will connect and what will be the scale of the whole castle.

15 hours ago, Alas_Earwax said:

What's worrying about this year's upcoming sets, is that there doesn't seem to be a clear indication that they're confident the Hogwarts reboot will be successful. I'm not sure if it's fear that they've literally just concluded one, or more so because the theme has fallen slightly in sales since the green-roof sets. Two buildings that allegedly may connect together to make a hogwarts build isn't exactly a lot. I know they introduced a similar set up with the sets in 2018, but that was literally the first time the theme had been brought back. When 2021 came around, we had a reboot, but also had a lot to add to the new system. Chamber of Secrets, Fluffy encounter, the girls bathroom, flying lesson. It was already a somewhat decent build based on just those few sets alone, and there was a lot of faith they absolutely would add to it later. Just having two sets connect, feels more like a test-run in my opinion. I know they have the boathouse and Owlry, but they're external and likely won't really connect properly to the system until it's finished (if it gets finished). The rest of the sets feel random. Buildable creatures and Ollivander's, which is great for getting a cheap alternative to Diagon Alley, but it's not exactly enough to wow fans of the theme who are potentially looking for something new that could be explored from the movies.

4 sets (3 confirmed), isn’t a bad start for a Hogwarts reboot though! Factor in one of these sets is like $/£200 I don’t think they needed to go overboard. 

Olivander’s is the next instalment in the Diagon Alley expansion, and so that makes sense. Personally, I like these sets because they’re more affordable as I’m only paying £80-£100 per year. 

The buildable creatures fit with Lego’s direction more broadly. Lego Star Wars and Superheroes are doing these sorts of things and so I don’t see why HP shouldn’t, either. 

Aragog’s Lair seemingly goes with Hagrid’s Hut, Ford Anglia, and Hogwarts/Hogsmeade station. 

The only one that I think is a bit unusual is the Durmstrang Ship and Beauxbatons Carriage. But I liked your idea that it could be linked to the Great Hall. 

8 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

The only one that I think is a bit unusual is the Durmstrang Ship and Beauxbatons Carriage.

There’s actually nothing unusual about that choice. Vehicles of every sort are a long standing staple of lego, be they cars, carriages, trains, buses, sailing ships, space ships. I haven’t specifically checked, but I don’t think we’ve gone a year since the reboot without a vehicle of some kind. And since Harry Potter canon isn’t as lush with vehicles as something like Star Wars, it’s pretty easy to keep track of all the vehicles in the story and recognize that the Drumstrang Ship is really the only one that hasn’t been done in full scale since the reboot (unless you want to count the boat from the inferi cave, but it’s becoming increasingly obvious that lego doesn’t want to touch that scene). 

38 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

it’s pretty easy to keep track of all the vehicles in the story and recognize that the Drumstrang Ship is really the only one that hasn’t been done in full scale since the reboot

Hagrid’s/Sirius Black's motorbike likes to have a word with you.

On 1/20/2024 at 7:18 PM, Alas_Earwax said:

What's worrying about this year's upcoming sets, is that there doesn't seem to be a clear indication that they're confident the Hogwarts reboot will be successful. I'm not sure if it's fear that they've literally just concluded one, or more so because the theme has fallen slightly in sales since the green-roof sets. Two buildings that allegedly may connect together to make a hogwarts build isn't exactly a lot. I know they introduced a similar set up with the sets in 2018, but that was literally the first time the theme had been brought back. When 2021 came around, we had a reboot, but also had a lot to add to the new system

I glossed over this before, but I just did the math and it doesn't really add up. 2018 had 2 sets, 2019 had only 1, 2020 had 2 again, 2021 had 5, one if which a gwp, 2022 had 4, one of which again a gwp, 2023 had 2. We have 3 this year, potentially 4 depending on whether or not the potions classroom connects. That's already above average. Plus it's a bit unfair to compare it to 2021 as that one was heavily focused on rooms rather than the exterior sections like this wave.

According to @TandNbricks, the Great Hall will again be based on PS.

Not the most exciting choice, UNLESS it’s Halloween-themed and involves the troll scene! In that case, colour me excited :excited:

15 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to @TandNbricks, the Great Hall will again be based on PS.

Not the most exciting choice, UNLESS it’s Halloween-themed and involves the troll scene! In that case, colour me excited :excited:

What makes me more curious is that they say that it can be modified modified for other films 

15 minutes ago, PotDoc said:

What makes me more curious is that they say that it can be modified modified for other films 

I think that was more of a general statement, as in the set not being super-specific to that movie. What makes it a PS set must be the minifigs rather than the build itself

1 hour ago, PotDoc said:

It's a strange statement, isn't it? :laugh: There's no a specific Great Hall for every movie, but it changes scene by scene even within the same movie (in Philosopher Stone we have Sorting Ceremony, Halloween feast and  and End-of-term feast).

But giving credence to the statement the only thing I could imagine is LEGO making tables easiliy movable and removable and maybe giving further pieces to create other scenes. For example the Dueling Club platform or the Goblet of Fire number ... how many of this we already have? :iamded_lol: Or pumpkin decorations for Halloween and four Houses banners. People that collect the theme since 2018 already have some objects to recreate the Yule Ball (Advent Calendar 2020 and Clock Tower) and Christmas Scenery (Advent Calendar 2019 and 2020). The PoA specific night scene needs something to recreate sleeping bags, while the OWL exam scene could be probably simply made by rearranging pieces from Great Hall tables, but there's also the big pendulum... 

Different pieces of forniture and decoration is what you need to change Great Hall appearence beyween different scenes and movies.

Edited by BrickMatit