Clone OPatra

Jurassic Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

On 2/22/2024 at 1:10 AM, Rune Haako said:

Gareth Edwards is in talks to direct Jurassic World 4, and there's rumors that it may be a prequel.

Theres rumours that they are also going back to Hawaii in Kauai to scout for filming, so both these rumours could back each other up lol.

Also, there is a new Jurassic World Chaos Theory Mattel product which includes a Dilophosaurus, Atrociraptor Tiger, as well as Ben Pincus! So now I have a lot of faith with getting the last two Atrociraptors!

On 2/23/2024 at 12:08 PM, AxolotlPlays said:

Hide contents

Also, there is a new Jurassic World Chaos Theory Mattel product which includes a Dilophosaurus, Atrociraptor Tiger, as well as Ben Pincus! So now I have a lot of faith with getting the last two Atrociraptors!

We already have Tiger in Lego form

4 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

We already have Tiger in Lego form

I cant remember which is which but regardless in that case we are still missing Panthera and Red lol

On 3/2/2024 at 8:37 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

I cant remember which is which but regardless in that case we are still missing Panthera and Red lol

I don’t get it what’s funny? I mean, what’s up with “lol”?

Anyways, yes we are missing Red and Panthera. I know we have ghost but i can’t rmember others. 

7 hours ago, Lion King said:

I don’t get it what’s funny? I mean, what’s up with “lol”?

Anyways, yes we are missing Red and Panthera. I know we have ghost but i can’t rmember others. 

Idk haha, you're right it wasnt supposed to be funny, just how i like to type.

Just Tiger as Finlay said

Do y'all think we can expect any filler sets to come out in June? Like the Carnotaurus chase from 2021 and the Gallimimus chase from 2020?

5 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Do y'all think we can expect any filler sets to come out in June? Like the Carnotaurus chase from 2021 and the Gallimimus chase from 2020?

I expect that the June sets will be based on CC. Since we got Darius and Sammy in the January 4+ set, and it would be weird if they didn't do anything more from it.

But I suspect that the sets could be a bit loosely based on the show, like the sets from 2021. That is because I don't really know what they could make from it with these prices and piece counts. The only option for a set that I think would be perfect is their base that was prominent in s2 and s3. It could have the Scorpius Rex + maybe Bumpy. But other then that there isn't really much. There is the big Mantah Corp facility, but that even down scaled feels too big for a 600 piece set. The red vehicles from s4 are a good set material, but I don't see that being 420 pcs, it would need a substential side build to work. The old visitor center would be a great fit, but we just got it in the regular version, so I don't really see them doing that.

So with that I can see them making some stuff up for the sets making them feel a bit filler, just like in the 2021 sets.

I reckon these 3 sets will be based off of Chaos Theory, its perfect product promotion for them, but only time will tell

I think we will get sets that beaded off Chaos Theory later? i might misremember bu I think Camp Createous show was released a few years before sets came along?

Regardless, I would LOVE to have Chaos Theory sets!

Brick_clicker has revealed the contents of the new Jurassic sets! 

76962: Bumpy The Buildable Ankylosaurus $24.99

76965: The Stegosaurus Lookout $64.99 (Includes a sandy color Stegosaurus mould)

76966: T-rex Trailer $99.99 (Includes a dark blue/black T-Rex)

It’s nice to finally be getting a Stegosaurus! I wonder how it will scale to all of the other dinosaurs. 

Posted (edited)

We finally have some news!

• 76962 Bumpy the Buildable Ankylosaurus, $24.99
  • 76965 The Stegosaurus Lookout, $64.99
  • 76966 T-Rex Trailer, $99.99

Finally a stegosaurus! :wub: And the T-Rex has a dark blue and black colour scheme!

Edit: Ninja‘d!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I'm so excited we're finally getting a Stegosaurus! With the Brachiosaurus last year Spinosaurus is now the only major dinosaur we still don't have yet

Posted (edited)

STEOGOSAURUS?! About darn time…. 

1 hour ago, Brickwraith said:

I'm so excited we're finally getting a Stegosaurus! With the Brachiosaurus last year Spinosaurus is now the only major dinosaur we still don't have yet

But…..what about Parasaurlophus?! Sinoceratops?! Narutosceratops?! We need more herbivores… However, Stegosaurus will do justice for us! Spinosaurus probably needs to wait a bit. 

@THELEGOBATMAN,there, you can have a buildable dinosaur set, lol.

Edited by Lion King

I hope that the T. rex set comes with another fino besides it we need a new variant of the molded ankylosaurus asap not a buildable one

26 minutes ago, Matichado said:

I hope that the T. rex set comes with another fino besides it we need a new variant of the molded ankylosaurus asap not a buildable one

Eh, given the title name, we know nohting other than T-ex yet. I would be delighted to see a baby teenag T-rex rather than a variant of Ankylosaurus but we shal see. 

I haven't paid a ton of attention to JW lately, but is there any chance the trailer is based on the scene from the Lost World, or do we think it means a trailer for a t-rex, rather than a trailer with a t-rex?

Posted (edited)

I'm very excited to finally to finally get a Stegosaurus! I got really excited for a new Bumpy set before I realized it's sadly not an adult Bumpy figure. Seriously LEGO, the Ankylosaurus mold is so perfect, just recolor it for Bumpy already!!! Still, I'm a sucker for Ankylosaurus and I love Bumpy so I'll probably still get that set. A dark blue and black T rex is definitely intriguing. I can't wait to get a look at these sets.

Edited by ToaDraco

2 hours ago, Matichado said:

I'm thinking a green Atrociraptor since it would be nice to see it get used again and it's small size wouldn't hurt the budget too bad

22 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

I'm thinking a green Atrociraptor since it would be nice to see it get used again and it's small size wouldn't hurt the budget too bad

Agreed. Veloci, and Petra molds are common to be reused/recolored in the (almost) decade. Now we have more small dinosaurus, such as Atrociraptor, Pyroratpor, Beta, Bumpy, baby Triceratops recetnly that can be reused/recoloed when there is a budget available for them.

On the other hand, we have two big dinos, like I-Rex vs Ankylo and Gigan vs Therizi sets, they are the expensive  ones with mention of both dino names. T-Rex Trailer’s set name doesn’t tell me about other big dino than T-rex. So small dino mold could have chance. 

However, I’m happy to be proven wrong. 

Posted (edited)

You know, I wonder if the T rex trailer set is inspired by the Lost World scene where the trailer is dangling off the cliff, since the Stegosaurus set is clearly based on the Lost World. Having the T rex be black and dark blue of course wouldn't be accurate but when has that stopped LEGO before? In which case, a baby T rex mold could very likely be possible.

On a side note, the fact that we're getting a dedicated brick-built Bumpy set tells me that LEGO knows she is popular and will sell well, so that gives me greater hope that we will eventually get a recolor of the Ankylosaurus as grown up Bumpy, hopefully later this year or possibly next year. I am also assuming the buildable Bumpy is baby Bumpy. Oh, and somehow I almost forgot, but back when they announced the Chaos Theory show, they mentioned that we would be getting another named Ankylosaurus in the show so I expect we will see that in a LEGO set eventually. I would also imagine that a LEGO Allosaurus is guaranteed at some point too.

Edited by ToaDraco

With the names I think that the sets are like 99% based on The Lost World.

the thing that is holding me back a bit is the color of the T-rex, but LEGO isn't really know for making accurate colored dinosaurs. while on the other hand the stegosaurus is perfect for TLW.

The other thing that's a bit weird is the Bumpy, who just doesn't really fit with TLW sets

Now I'm really excited about the sets. The Trailer from TLW is my most wanted set, not only from Jurassic, but just from LEGO overall. And it's allways great to get another herbivour.

76966 was going to be $90 before, but now it's $100, it isn't really the biggest difference, but still thats a bit worse. But even with that I'll buy the sets either way, since I love TLW so much.

I don't really know if I'd buy Bumpy, She is quite cheap at only $25 , and I do really like Camp Cretaceous, but there is a lot of sets that I want from this year. Unless there is a small molded Bumpy included, I think I'll just skip this set.

I really like this list. Of course it all depends on the execution and what the sets are based on, but the choices are definitely interesting. 

Buildable Bumpy sounds really cool, I love buildable dinosaurs.

Stegosaurus set is rather reasonably priced. It would be cool if it was based on The Lost World.

I definitely like the colour scheme that was chosen for the T-Rex. A trailer sounds like it could be a good build.