Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Disappointed it's not a modular. Even though it doesn't technically belong in the city to be put next to Avengers Tower, the Daily Bugle, etc. I would still have liked the option to do so. Just hope it's not open-backed but fully enclosed.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I just realised that we may have another shot at proper Cyclops legs in the future: 

Hide contents

Cyclops's '80s suit in the show is basically the same colour as his '90s suit, which LEGO has rendered in normal blue (not dark blue); if we get the '80s designs in '97-based sets, then we could get proper legs for both versions (and Morph, if we get them at some point). 

They're two different colors. 

Spoiler

The 80s outfit is a dark blue. You can look at the original Cyclops minifigure as well and see it's dark blue unlike the 90s Cyclops minifigure we have now. And technically in the comics, it's not even supposed to be dark blue but black with blue highlights.

9 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

TandN Bricks on Instagram, who is generally very reliable, has posted a few details to his story regarding the X-Mansion 

• He believes it's a stand-alone model, not a modular

Thanks for the update!
Generally speaking, it makes sense that it's not a modular considering the X-Mansion is usually (always?) the only building on a wide area of ground, and not in the middle of a city or something.
I do hope this means it'll be like the Home Alone set, not something like a City police station or anything.

Regards,
Mitch

With 10 characters confirmed, I think it's safe to say it'll be the original team roster.

Professor X, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, and either Morph or Magneto.

Yeah, I totally understand why it wouldn't be modular, but I have to say I'm still a little disappointed - as someone else here said, even if it's not technically in a city in-universe, I'd have liked the option. I'll probably end up modifying it to be a modular, because I really don't want a whole different display outside of my city.

I don't believe a figure list should be that far off considering TandN was able to say with some certainty that it's specifically 10, whereas before there was a little ambiguity as to the specific figure.

I'm REALLY hoping that all of the figures are in their start-of-season suits, not the new ones. Obviously the reuses are safe, but a part of me worries about the others...

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

They're two different colors. 

Hide contents

The 80s outfit is a dark blue. You can look at the original Cyclops minifigure as well and see it's dark blue unlike the 90s Cyclops minifigure we have now. And technically in the comics, it's not even supposed to be dark blue but black with blue highlights.

Definitely in the comics (which the original Cyclops Minifig is based on), but 

in the show, the colours look roughly the same. Also, I think that LEGO should have been using dark blue for Cyclops and Wolverine’s accents all along, since the blue on their costumes is the same as Beast’s trunks (which LEGO made dark blue).

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

8 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

With 10 characters confirmed, I think it's safe to say it'll be the original team roster.

Professor X, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, and either Morph or Magneto.

Agreed, though I personally hope that Rogue stays exclusive to the Blackbird, so that we can get an additional character. 
My guesses: Professor X (dark green suit), Wolverine (reuse), Cyclops (reuse, maybe with proper legs?), Jean Grey (bright light orange and regular blue), Beast (lab coat), Storm (Mohawk is more likely, but her original ‘92 hair would be nice), Gambit, Jubilee, Magneto (red and purple), and either Morph (if the focus is on the X-Men, and they want to give us proper legs for Cyclops) or Sabertooth (if they want to reference the first movie and give Wolverine someone to fight). Mystique is another option for a tenth Minifig, given her prominence in the movies. 

8 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

I'm REALLY hoping that all of the figures are in their start-of-season suits, not the new ones. Obviously the reuses are safe, but a part of me worries about the others...

I want both, but I do hope that they pick a single era just for the sake of team cohesion (and because ‘80s Storm needs a new hairpiece mould!). 

11 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

I don't believe a figure list should be that far off considering TandN was able to say with some certainty that it's specifically 10, whereas before there was a little ambiguity as to the specific figure.

It's happened a lot recently that leaks ambiguous to the exact figures estimate there being more figures- sometimes as much as double- than there actually end up being in the set. I wonder if that's just the leakers getting it wrong, or if lego starts by designing more figs than they'll actually make and narrows the number as they close in on the set. We know they start with a larger number of options really early on- like in the bugle interview- but for sets where it claims it comes with more stormtroopers or rebel troopers or what have you, I wonder how they get the number wrong.

Same. Though I wonder if lego would even have been given the end-of-season designs that early in the game.

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Agreed, though I personally hope that Rogue stays exclusive to the Blackbird, so that we can get an additional character. 
My guesses: Professor X (dark green suit), Wolverine (reuse), Cyclops (reuse, maybe with proper legs?), Jean Grey (bright light orange and regular blue), Beast (lab coat), Storm (Mohawk is more likely, but her original ‘92 hair would be nice), Gambit, Jubilee, Magneto (red and purple), and either Morph (if the focus is on the X-Men, and they want to give us proper legs for Cyclops) or Sabertooth (if they want to reference the first movie and give Wolverine someone to fight). Mystique is another option for a tenth Minifig, given her prominence in the movies.

Mr. Sinister would be my pick for the final figure. It would be a shame not to reuse Ronan's cape while its in production when it works so perfectly for the character.

Sabretooth and Mystique would be great too but I think they would be better suited for a small $10 Wolverine set in the January wave. Sort of like that Spider-Man/Doc Ock Motorcycle Chase that came out earlier this year. Either way we need to start getting more villains besides just having Magneto recycled all the time.

Posted (edited)

15 Figures would have been better, more choices for the Mansion, for me I'd love for the following to be included: Prof X (Green Suit,Yellow Chair,Wolverine (Brown and Yellow suit),Magento (Classic Red and Purple Suit),Cyclops(Reuse),Rogue(Hair recolored Reddish Brown with White stripe),Jean,Jubilee,Gambit,Sunspot,Beast(Labcoat),Nightcrawler,Storm(Black suit like 2014),Mr Sinister and lastly a secret box inside the set like Diagon Alley including Deadpool & Wolverine MCU versions from the upcoming movie with a display stand like the one with Harry and Hagrid.

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

2 hours ago, wesker said:

Mr. Sinister would be my pick for the final figure. It would be a shame not to reuse Ronan's cape while it's in production when it works so perfectly for the character.

Sinister is an excellent choice, but I would prefer to get him in regular set (so that we can finally have a villain that is not Magneto!) - Maybe a a lab set for him, and then throw Bastion into a Stratojet set? 
My idea was to include one of the characters that feature prominently in the movies (Sabertooth, Mystique) as Magneto's "henchman" for the Mansion. 

I am a trusted Lego leaker, and all 10 figures will be different variants of Wolverine… /s

Just kidding obviously, lol. Makes sense it won’t be modular, we can always get a comic based Avengers Mansion which I believe was located in NYC, if we really want a NYC Mansion. That could be our introduction to Hercules, Tigra, and some other obscure heroes while also giving us classic variants for Thor and Captain America as well. I wouldn’t want to display this next to the Tower anyways. Having said that, I would love for Rogue and Storm to be skipped completely. I kind of want Sabertooth to be produced as well, but I guess they can always add him to a cheaper set. We’ll wait and see. 

What worries me is that the official Rivendell and the buildable Simba looked near identical to the survey leak images. This worries me because the survey image for the Mansion was HIDEOUS. The color scheme, the architecture on the roof, the depth, it was just so bad. I desperately hope some significant changes were made to that monstrosity. I really want to Like this set.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

… Either way we need to start getting more villains besides just having Magneto recycled all the time.

Fox disagrees.

35 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I am a trusted Lego leaker, and all 10 figures will be different variants of Wolverine… /s

I can confirm this-

Wolverine (CMF), Wolverine (X-Jet), Wolverine (X-jet, no leg printing), Venomized Wolverine, Wolverine (brown instead of blue), Wolverine (black instead of blue), Wolverine (yellow instead of bright light orange), Wolverine (plainclothes), Patch, Wolverine (molded animal).

In total it's one new mold, one recolor, and 5 new prints.

13 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Definitely in the comics (which the original Cyclops Minifig is based on), but 

Reveal hidden contents

in the show, the colours look roughly the same. Also, I think that LEGO should have been using dark blue for Cyclops and Wolverine’s accents all along, since the blue on their costumes is the same as Beast’s trunks (which LEGO made dark blue).

You're right, it's more or less the same shade of blue for both his costumes.

I think they took some inspiration from how the characters look in the 90s comics rather than just the show. Cyclops is the biggest indicator of that because they gave him dark brown hair whereas in the show, his hair is a reddish brown. In some shots, it looks almost as red as Jean's hair but the minifigure doesn't reflect that.

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

Just kidding obviously, lol. Makes sense it won’t be modular, we can always get a comic based Avengers Mansion which I believe was located in NYC, if we really want a NYC Mansion. That could be our introduction to Hercules, Tigra, and some other obscure heroes while also giving us classic variants for Thor and Captain America as well. I wouldn’t want to display this next to the Tower anyways. Having said that, I would love for Rogue and Storm to be skipped completely. I kind of want Sabertooth to be produced as well, but I guess they can always add him to a cheaper set. We’ll wait and see. 

What worries me is that the official Rivendell and the buildable Simba looked near identical to the survey leak images. This worries me because the survey image for the Mansion was HIDEOUS. The color scheme, the architecture on the roof, the depth, it was just so bad. I desperately hope some significant changes were made to that monstrosity. I really want to Like this set.

Avengers Mansion is on my wishlist as well. I feel just the Avengers name would help it sell especially if they included a lot of the movie characters but in their comic costumes because they'd still be mostly recognizable. Would love to see Carol as Ms. Marvel, classic Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, etc. Edwin Jarvis should also be a minifig.

The problem with minifigs for an Avengers Mansion is that most of them would have to be brand-new since there are so few comic Avengers in minifig form and the few we do have are really old and outdated. If we did get this set, it's likely it would be akin to the X-Mansion minifig count with 10-15 minifigs rather than 25-30 ones. The Daily Bugle and Avengers Tower were at liberty to reuse a lot of minifigs which couldn't be done here.

Posted (edited)

In a perfect world, the 10th minifig would be Nightcrawler :laugh:

But didn't we heard that Mystique is gonna be on the set?

Edited by HarryPotter

1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

In a perfect world, the 10th minifig would be Nightcrawler :laugh:

But didn't we heard that Mystique is gonna be on the set?

At the moment, that is still a rumor based on the preliminary set, a year or so ago.

Fingers crossed, though! :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Posted (edited)

I think the original line up was  pretty good (Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, Emma Frost, Storm, Beast, Cyclops and Wolverine), I wouldn't be surprised if it's  changed but I think that should be the assumed starting point. I know people want Mister Sinister but if they're adding characters I'd prefer more X-men rather than more villains. Gambit and Nightcrawler please (I also wouldn't mind a Rogue repeat since I didn't get the new X-jet, but if we're lucky she'll appear in the marvel mag) Jean would feel like a notable exception so hopefully she shows up somewhere too

Edited by Agent Kallus

18 hours ago, cosmic said:

I would love for Rogue and Storm to be skipped completely.

I would be fine with Storm being skipped as well, but I know that would piss off anyone who missed getting her CMF version. 🫤

On 5/9/2024 at 11:06 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I can confirm this-

Wolverine (CMF), Wolverine (X-Jet), Wolverine (X-jet, no leg printing), Venomized Wolverine, Wolverine (brown instead of blue), Wolverine (black instead of blue), Wolverine (yellow instead of bright light orange), Wolverine (plainclothes), Patch, Wolverine (molded animal).

In total it's one new mold, one recolor, and 5 new prints.

What they didn’t tell you is, there is no X-Mansion. It’s actually a D2C buildable Wolverine. Actually, Lego Marvel and Lego DC are dead. This set is going to introduce the new rebrand, Lego Wolverine! To compete with Lego Batman. I’m joking, I hope.

On 5/10/2024 at 2:52 AM, JeanGreyForever said:

Avengers Mansion is on my wishlist as well. I feel just the Avengers name would help it sell especially if they included a lot of the movie characters but in their comic costumes because they'd still be mostly recognizable. Would love to see Carol as Ms. Marvel, classic Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, etc. Edwin Jarvis should also be a minifig.

The problem with minifigs for an Avengers Mansion is that most of them would have to be brand-new since there are so few comic Avengers in minifig form and the few we do have are really old and outdated. If we did get this set, it's likely it would be akin to the X-Mansion minifig count with 10-15 minifigs rather than 25-30 ones. The Daily Bugle and Avengers Tower were at liberty to reuse a lot of minifigs which couldn't be done here.

If the MCU keeps going slow on content they pump out we could (hopefully) skip the stupid Spiderman sets and have a few comic sets use that budget to introduce Helmet moulds for Thor and Cap in a few sets. Wouldn’t mind seeing a few characters show up in those $15 mechs too. Say, Cap, Thor, Hawkweye, and Iron Man in sets for the Winter Wave, with Ant Man and Falcon showing up in mechs. Then the actual Mansion could introduce a few exclusive heroes, like comic based Namor, Hercules, Dr Strange and Wasp. Feel free to get the most out of Thors helmet mould, throw him in a mech and a key chain. Oh, also Squirrel Girl, for some reason.

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I would be fine with Storm being skipped as well, but I know that would piss off anyone who missed getting her CMF version. 🫤

Sigh. If only we could get more than 10 figs. Or a decent follow up wave to supplement the characters omitted from this set. A follow up wave would be genius because even if we do get Gambit, Jean, and Jubilee, I can see the same people complaining about missing out in Storm, complaining about them being exclusive to something this expensive. 

On 5/10/2024 at 3:27 AM, cosmic said:

I'm glad our Insanity from the Batman Forum has reached Marvel.

I'd expect it to be Magneto, Emma Frost, Sabertooth, Cyclops, Prof X, Mystique, Wolverine, Beast and Storm - as per the original leak.

If they throw in a 10th figure, I'd imagine it'd be Toad. That way you have the original Brotherhood of Mutants from X-Men (Magneto, Sabertooth, Mystique and Toad)

TandN Bricks on Instagram already confirmed that the X-Mansion is themed to X-Men '97 and will look the most different.

On 5/10/2024 at 3:30 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I don't see Storm being skipped because she's too major an X-Man to exclude and also for diversity's sake. Same reason Jubilee won't be omitted because she provides Asian representation and even Morph as nonbinary representation. I'm okay with Rogue getting skipped if it's the exact same flawed minifig as before.

14 hours ago, cosmic said:

If the MCU keeps going slow on content they pump out we could (hopefully) skip the stupid Spiderman sets and have a few comic sets use that budget to introduce Helmet moulds for Thor and Cap in a few sets. Wouldn’t mind seeing a few characters show up in those $15 mechs too. Say, Cap, Thor, Hawkweye, and Iron Man in sets for the Winter Wave, with Ant Man and Falcon showing up in mechs. Then the actual Mansion could introduce a few exclusive heroes, like comic based Namor, Hercules, Dr Strange and Wasp. Feel free to get the most out of Thors helmet mould, throw him in a mech and a key chain. Oh, also Squirrel Girl, for some reason.

Those mechs would be a great way to see more comic accurate versions of the characters. I absolutely would love to see new helmets for Thor and Cap. Thor especially since the Lego Avengers video game even featured a comic version of him as Ragnarok, the android Thor. That minifig, minus the robot face, is a perfect translation of his classic look. I imagine an Avengers Mansion is still years away since it would probably clash with the Avengers Tower and X-Mansion so that gives Lego a few years to build up a comic Avengers roster in other sets.

If the mansion is going to complete the original 90s animated team then I can't really see Storm and Rogue being excluded from that. The CMF series will be long discontinued by that point while the X-Jet would be almost a year old and potentially on its way to retirement. Why lock those characters behind products that may no longer be available during the X-Mansion's production run? Even if we got more sets with Storm and Rogue next year chances are they're going to be based on their new costumes instead of the 90s ones.

49 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

For Rogue, I wish we could get a minifig that looks like her Lego Fortnite version.

LEGO-fortnite-rogue-jayshockblast.png

We'll never get that amount of detail outside of a CMF