Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wesker said:

…I'd love to eventually get all the characters featured in that updated shot. Hopefully Emma, Sabretooth and Mystique are able to retain their spots in the mansion. We are sorely lacking in X-Men villains at the moment.

Getting Magneto in set after set might not have helped flesh out the X-Men rogues gallery, but it did serve as a fun little nod to the Fox movies.

Speaking of Frost, I could see Lego shoving in the X-Mansion simply because her costume makes it unlikely they’d put her in a regular set.

Edited by psqidexslizer

I honestly don't see the costume being a problem at all. Its no different to the March Harriet and classic Wonder Woman figures we've already gotten and if they were to skip leg printing like they did with Cyclops the design would be even less of an issue.

9 hours ago, Buckethead said:

2023 brought out my inner pessimist. I don’t see Lego going for more than one Fantastic Four set, and we definitely aren’t getting all the Thunderbolts.

One Fantastic Four set with three Minifigures and a Big fig seem most likely. Maybe we get Herbie or a Galactus buildable, but that could just be one $90 set over 2 sets.

I can’t see Lego making Valentina, and if Red Hulk is in Thunderbolts, his inclusion in the Captain America set may see him getting skipped. Yelena and Bucky seem most likely, one or two new characters (John, Alexei, or Sentry), but I’m not confident we’ll get Ghost or Taskmaster. I hope we do.

At this point, we should count ourselves lucky if we'll get all the FF members at all, whether in one set or multiple. I wouldn't put it past Lego to somehow skip a member or two. Unless Galactus is in the movie, I don't think we'll be seeing him. Marvel mostly avoids the comics unless it's for a proven property like Spider-Man. Something as untested as the FF isn't where they'll experiment.

I don't think they'll skip Red Hulk. Kids will go crazy over a new Hulk in a different color so I imagine Red Hulk would be too lucrative a choice to miss out on. And Thunderbolts seems like the type of movie that Lego would only make one set for.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

At this point, we should count ourselves lucky if we'll get all the FF members at all, whether in one set or multiple.

That‘s pretty hyperbolic, isn‘t it? :tongue: Sure, Gamora was nowhere to be seen in the GotG Vol 3 sets, but there‘s no way they‘re excluding a member of the Fantastic Four. Four. It‘s in the name! They can‘t get away with not having all four :laugh_hard:

Granted, they‘ve omitted the last three MCU villains, but I don‘t see why this means that we shouldn‘t trust them anymore with featuring full hero teams.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

13 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

At this point, we should count ourselves lucky if we'll get all the FF members at all, whether in one set or multiple. I wouldn't put it past Lego to somehow skip a member or two. Unless Galactus is in the movie, I don't think we'll be seeing him. Marvel mostly avoids the comics unless it's for a proven property like Spider-Man. Something as untested as the FF isn't where they'll experiment.

I don't think they'll skip Red Hulk. Kids will go crazy over a new Hulk in a different color so I imagine Red Hulk would be too lucrative a choice to miss out on. And Thunderbolts seems like the type of movie that Lego would only make one set for.

Fantastic Four is a different story. I'm not so much a pessimist to believe lego would produce set(s) for a group that famously has four members and not make all four. I'm thinking more like The Marvels where we get the essential names and skip the others (so no Silver Surfer, Doom, etc.).

14 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Last I heard Red Hulk isn't even in Thunderbolts. The only chance of us getting him next year is likely going to be in that delayed Captain America 4 set.

I'm with you on Thunderbolts only getting one set at best. It definitely comes across as the least relevant superhero film coming out next year and none of the cast are exactly heavy hitters people will be rushing to see including Bucky. If their Marvel Legends figures are any indication its a team made entirely of pegwarmers.

I don’t see any scenario where Lego skips out on one of the Fantastic Four members. Worst case scenario, we only get flame-on Johnny.

I don’t know if any of you are on the Facebook Marvel group but apparently according to MTD Bricks, 76283 is a skipped number. 

which is a shame, as I think we now know all that we’re getting for this whole year. So no new set info or confirmation for this year unfortunately (as in we aren’t getting anymore new sets this year except for the ones we know we’re getting from previous leaks like the summer wave, X mansion, etc). 

I’ve really enjoyed X-Men ‘97 so far. It’s disappointing we’re only getting the two sets. A giant buildable Sentinel with a couple of X-Men seems like a no-brainer. Hopefully we’ll see more sets when season 2 and 3 launch. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

I don’t know if any of you are on the Facebook Marvel group but apparently according to MTD Bricks, 76283 is a skipped number. 

On the one hand, it’s sad since we now know we won’t be seing any new non-X-Men characters this year.

On the other hand: Ahhh, victory :grin: I’m saved!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

On the other hand: Ahhh, victory :grin: I’m safed!

:laugh:

11 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

which is a shame, as I think we now know all that we’re getting for this whole year. So no new set info or confirmation for this year unfortunately (as in we aren’t getting anymore new sets this year except for the ones we know we’re getting from previous leaks like the summer wave, X mansion, etc). 

I might be mistaken but wasnt there talk of 3 D2Cs this year for the superhero theme? Gotham Art set, X-Manison and something undisclosed that could be DC or Marvel? Was the third meant to be 76283 or another number?

15 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Was the third meant to be 76283 or another number?

No, that one‘s 76328 and it‘s rumoured to be a DC set :classic:

13 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

I’ve really enjoyed X-Men ‘97 so far. It’s disappointing we’re only getting the two sets. A giant buildable Sentinel with a couple of X-Men seems like a no-brainer. Hopefully we’ll see more sets when season 2 and 3 launch. 

Hopefully we can get some more sets in the January wave and won't have to wait until Season 2 to air. The Marvel theme could really use some more variety with their products at the moment.

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

On the one hand, it’s sad since we now know we won’t be seing any new non-X-Men characters this year.

On the other hand: Ahhh, victory :grin: I’m saved!

I'm willing to forgive the lack of new characters in the summer wave as long as they go all out with the X-Mansion.

Having seen the Dungeons and Dragons collectible mini figure leak, I agree that the Eagle man has wings picture perfect for Angel. In general, I felt this mould was a long time coming. We have the fixed spread open wings from the Pharaoh's Quest theme, but those look awkward after a while. The molded folded wings used on the Golden Winged Eagle from Monkie Kid is also very neat. But it feels refreshing to have this beautiful pose of the wings flapping mid air. It looks so regal and majestic and is by far my favorite wing mould the company has produced. 

On that note, I would also appreciate getting all of those wings in red for Falcon as well. So, the 2014 variant of the figure has the Pharaoh's Quest wings. Meaning all we need is for Lego to produce the Monkie Kid and Duneons & Dragons wings in red for me to photograph Falcon with those. Come to think of it, so many characters could make great use of this piece. Angel, Falcon, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Dawnstar among others. Very exciting mould if you ask me (nobody asked :p).

I just got caught up on X-Men 97' - and, golly, they have NAILED it. More emotion and real-world parallels then just about anything coming out of Marvel for years. If the quality continues for the other episodes, this could be one of my favorite series of TV since ATLA.

X-Mansion set info (or at least the minifig lineup) WHEN?!?!

10 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

X-Mansion set info (or at least the minifig lineup) WHEN?!?!

Probably not for a while. The latest rumors were indicating the X-Mansion will have a November release date. I think the earliest we got news about the Avengers Tower character lineup last year was during August sometime.

Wish we could get some Milano leaks to tide us over in the meantime. I'm dying to see how much they've improved the build over the previous versions along with how it compares to the Infinity Saga Benatar.

Posted (edited)

According to MTDbricks, the mansion will have around 10 minifigures. I’m guessing it’s gonna be the main 8 (Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Storm, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue), Xavier, and Magneto.

Edited by psqidexslizer

10 sounds about right. I still think Morph will make it in. Possibly Bishop as well especially if they skip Xavier and maybe one of the already pre-existing figures like Rogue. This was never going to be packed like the Daily Bugle or Avengers Tower.

20 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

This was never going to be packed like the Daily Bugle or Avengers Tower.

Nor should it be, in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

According to MTDbricks, the mansion will have around 10 minifigures. I’m guessing it’s gonna be the main 8 (Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Storm, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue), Xavier, and Magneto.

Wouldn't Xavier be one of the 'main'? :tongue: 
I know he doesn't get out as much, but still.
But, yeah, I think those characters are most likely as well. However great a few more Brotherhood of Mutants-members might have been.

Regards,
Mitch

On 3/20/2024 at 9:23 PM, psqidexslizer said:

Speaking of Frost, I could see Lego shoving in the X-Mansion simply because her costume makes it unlikely they’d put her in a regular set.

Eh, they've changed costumes before, they'll cover her up.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

10 sounds about right. I still think Morph will make it in. Possibly Bishop as well especially if they skip Xavier and maybe one of the already pre-existing figures like Rogue. This was never going to be packed like the Daily Bugle or Avengers Tower.

No way they skip ready-made figures with how they do the budgets. There's no way that every X-men to be in a set in the past year or two isn't in the mansion.

10 figs sounds like very few figs. We need 20. 

2 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Why wouldn’t it be? It’s the mansion. They can throw in al kind of mutants for us. Let them to that for once, let those  people at Lego HQ prove that they are cool people and not stupid and greedy, cashgrabbing businesspeople only. 

15 minutes ago, Borex said:

Why wouldn’t it be? It’s the mansion. They can throw in al kind of mutants for us. Let them to that for once, let those  people at Lego HQ prove that they are cool people and not stupid and greedy, cashgrabbing businesspeople only. 

Hate to break it to you, but Lego is a business. And if they think we will buy an X-Mansion with only 10 minifigures, they’re not gonna throw in 20 just to “be cool.”

12 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Hate to break it to you, but Lego is a business. And if they think we will buy an X-Mansion with only 10 minifigures, they’re not gonna throw in 20 just to “be cool.”

But why not? I mean most designers over there are comic/mcu fans as well. why wouldn’t they want a big roster of x-men to go with it.  And there are plenty characters to choose from. 

4 minutes ago, Borex said:

But why not? I mean most designers over there are comic/mcu fans as well. why wouldn’t they want a big roster of x-men to go with it.  And there are plenty characters to choose from. 

Who says they don’t? At the end of the day, the end goal isn’t giving fans whatever they want or even what the designers want. The goal is to make money. No sense inflating the budget with a bunch of new prints when most of us will buy an X-Mansion with just the core characters. Not to mention, if they leave out a fair number of highly desirable characters here (villains especially) they can stick them in sets down the line as incentive to buy those.