Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

On 1/29/2024 at 3:54 PM, Scarilian said:

I think they have enough to last till probably around 2032, based on the idea of us getting an iconic building set each year.

Movies:

• Tony Stark's Malibu Mansion
  • Asgard/Rainbow Bridge
  • Wakanda/Panther Statue
  • Avengers Facility

Comics:

• Oscorp
  • Fantastic Four Baxter Building
  • Fisk Tower/Nelson & Murdock's Law Offices/Alias Investigation
  • The Raft

These sets could make great D2C's, however the second question I'd ask is would some of them look right? Avengers Facility would, imo, be a lackluster set. It's a drab, chrome society-esque building, Marvel movies have a lot of those, same with the Raft. Unless of course they manage to break the mold a bit and add a lot of interesting sections like with Avengers tower. But for example a Asgard, Wakanda type D2C would visually be much more interesting! Or a Marvel Street set, where you have Fisk Tower, the Law office and Peter's apartment in a street diaroma type set.

Edited by kevkipo

The Bowie is 30% off and the War on Water set is 40% off on the Lego website. At least in the UK. If anyone needed an excuse to buy....

On 1/29/2024 at 3:54 PM, Scarilian said:

I think they have enough to last till probably around 2032, based on the idea of us getting an iconic building set each year.

Not sure about the iconicity of some of these. By „iconic“ I meant buildings that are instantly recognisable to a casual fan without any contextual cues :tongue: 

Granted, maybe I’m being too strict here since the Daily Bugle definitely benefitted from having that huge sign plus all the Spidey characters crawling/jumping/swinging/climbing/flying around :laugh:

I definitely feel the Malibu Mansion is iconic enough to be produced, having been heavily featured in the Iron Man trilogy, but also being a compelling design.  Let’s not forget how popular Tony is, he’s my personal favorite MCU hero and that is something MANY fans agree with. Like Tony is everybody’s favorite. Well mostly I think…. Anyways even if not for the films, fans of doll like houses, architecture and those trying to build a California skyline would also find interest in a modular Malibu Mansion, I reason. Lots of appeal there. Along with Asgard, this feels like the most obvious choice and is one of my most desired D2C’s. 

As for the Avengers HQ, I hope they finally produce Elsa’s hair in red for Black Widow. I want to finally get that design in Lego. I’m not crazy about this set for whatever reason but I think thats cause I did not enjoy the Endgame figures at large so far.

Edited by cosmic

I'd be very interested in the Malibu Mansion as long as Lego crams in as many Ironman suits in there. LOL

Would be tempted by a Mansion too, every now and then I consider picking up the IM3 one or starting a MOC, but I agree I am not sure it is iconic. But I also think Iron Man would help sell it. And if there's a Hall of Armour now THAT is iconic at a level closer to an Avengers Tower or similar

Find it almost funny that I log in today and read the comments above. I rewatched CA: TFA last night and thought to myself there are a few great sets to be made of that movie, yet. 

The transformation chamber

The taxi from the chase scene following CAs transformation

Hydra Train

Red Skull's ride - would love this more than another Batmobile

Howard Stark's plane, at a stretch

There are also a ton of characters that have not appeared in minifig form yet either. Howling Commandos, Arnim Zola, Phillips, Erskine, Howard Stark

This got me thinking, what is it about SW sets that drives people to buy them. I knew what tie fighters and x-wings were long before I saw any of the SW movies (sorry, but Star Wars is really not my scene). There are some sets that I have heard were base off a few seconds of screen time. Then I realised, it's the fact that SW has been around for so long that it is part of our culture. I wonder if we will end up getting sets in 20 years' time that will be considered iconic that we don't consider as such today.

As for wish list, I really hope we do get a UCS Avengers Compound. Before the Punisher minifig released I would have thought it wishful thinking, but with some of the sets that have been released over the past three years, I think it may happen down the track. Would also buy anything related to Daredevil as he is my favourite character. Oscorp and Baxter buildings would be cool too.

2 ore fa, ApocSlay ha detto:

Ho rivisto CA: TFA ieri sera e ho pensato tra me e me che ci sono ancora alcuni grandi set da fare di quel film

It's incredible and shameful that we still don't have sets for the first two Cap films :-(

17 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

It's incredible and shameful that we still don't have sets for the first two Cap films :-(

Yeah, and the first two Thor films! These four films alone provide enough content for an entire wave of Infinity Saga sets, but alas… I can see why they‘re going for GotG and AoU instead, but still, missed opportunities :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, and the first two Thor films! These four films alone provide enough content for an entire wave of Infinity Saga sets, but alas… I can see why they‘re going for GotG and AoU instead, but still, missed opportunities :shrug_oh_well:

Why would we get sets from underrepresented films when we could get a seventh Endgame final battle set... :tongue:

And it's February! Do you think we will have some descriptions of the summer sets this year? Construction, first details on the minifigures…

and by the way, does anyone know what happened to Promobricks? For a while it was our primary source of information, and then at a certain point they stopped. It's strange

45 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

And it's February! Do you think we will have some descriptions of the summer sets this year? Construction, first details on the minifigures…

and by the way, does anyone know what happened to Promobricks? For a while it was our primary source of information, and then at a certain point they stopped. It's strange

Potential cease and desist from LEGO? Not sure what specific legal grounds, but there is definitely an argument about leaking "confidential" information about upcoming products

48 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

That is weird- the site is still active, but it's all official reveals and such- they haven't leaked anything in a long time. I wonder if they lost their source.

Fairly quiet month ahead, but should pick up a bit near the end of the month.

Updated List:

Spoiler

MARCH 2024 (Total 3):

APRIL 2024 (Total 4):

SUMMER 2024 (Total 7):

AUGUST 2024 (Total 3):

SEPTEMBER 2024 (Total 1):

OCTOBER 2024 (Total 1 & a book):

NOVEMBER 2024 (Total 1):

UNKNOWN 2024 (Total 3):

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • Release dates are estimated given conflicting reports
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new set

6 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

The next reveals we'll see will probably be the Green Goblin (With Glider) buildable figure and the NWH Spider-man buildable figure as they are scheduled for April. With the Captain America 4 set and buildable figure likely being delayed, though we could see visuals of them leaked depending on how far into production they were.

• Last week of February we'll likely get more info on the summer sets, similar to in 2023
  • March has the release of a handful of Spidey and His Amazing Friends sets
  • April gives us two Spider-man: NWH buildable figures
  • Last week of May we'll likely get the reveal of some of the Summer sets, similar to 2023
Edited by Scarilian

On 1/31/2024 at 3:00 PM, BlueberryWaffles said:

Why would we get sets from underrepresented films when we could get a seventh Endgame final battle set... :tongue:

To be fair, we do still need Ronin and a new Rescue! 

23 minuti fa, Classic_Spaceman ha detto:

Ad essere onesti, abbiamo ancora bisogno di Ronin e di un nuovo Rescue!

Hulk with suit and Iron Patriot mark 2!!!

5 ore fa, TheJackBricks ha detto:

Potenziale cessare e desistere da LEGO?

5 ore fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Mi chiedo se hanno perso la loro fonte.

These are plausible options... perhaps they have become LAN and cannot publish leaks, perhaps their source has had problems

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Last week of February we'll likely get more info on the summer sets, similar to in 2023

Hope to get some clues soon ^^

8 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

To be fair, we do still need Ronin and a new Rescue! 

Would love a Ronin and Iron Patriot Mk!!. low chance, but hoping we get Skurge with the Surtur battle, unlikely, but would be awesome. Don't expect him to have Des and Troy he got in Tex megablocks if they do make him.

Edited by ApocSlay

Are all the War Machine minifigs that Lego released faithful to the different WM Mark versions?

4 hours ago, hikouki said:

Are all the War Machine minifigs that Lego released faithful to the different WM Mark versions?

the versions directly inspired by the films are quite correct. Obviously with all the limitations of the concept art which can change during the work...

for now we have:

mark 1 (76216 + 76269)

mark 2 (76006)

Iron Patriot mark 1 which would be War Machine mark 2 repainted (30168)

mark 3 (76051)

mark 4 (5005256)

mark 6 quantum version (76124)

Edited by Legocentrico

Colossus, Magik, Havok, and Longshot have popped up in promo art for X-Men '97 so I wonder if there's a chance we might see some of them in the X-Mansion set.

They would certainly make great additions (though I'm not familiar with Longshot, to be honest :innocent2: ) but I believe the line-up had already been establish, based on those 'appearing' in the concept version of the set (used for the query/interview).
Or am I very much mistaken in assuming they are a given? :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

5 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Colossus, Magik, Havok, and Longshot have popped up in promo art for X-Men '97 so I wonder if there's a chance we might see some of them in the X-Mansion set.

We will definitely see a lot of mutants, like in the original series, but I think - and hope - that Lego has focused on the main team. Also because there will be some recycled minifigures, then 4 of the old protagonists are still missing (and there are some new ones that seem important). Then I really wish they would finally focus on the villains, because fighting Magneto again, after 10 years, is too lazy even by Lego standards :-P

8 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Sure. At this point, we know nothing about the minifigure line-up so there’s a chance we’ll get anyone except maybe Eye-Scream. Personally, I think just given the rumored size and the lack of other X-Men sets this summer that we’re gonna see a relatively low figure count, and probably just focused on the main cast.