Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

So on the one hand I would have liked some more comic based material for the Summer wave, but on the other hand, some of the rumored Legacy MCU sets sound nice. Some. Lol

76290 Avengers Battle - Ideally its a comic based set debuting Sentry, Spiderwoman Jessica Drew, and comic accurate Thor with dual molded hair/helmet combo!! I'm joking it's obviously going to include the 6 OG Avengers from the Tower in some sort of diorama, most likely the bridge scene. An affordable (wish) way for people to get modern designs of the OG lineup. Not mad at this since not everyone has the means to buy the Tower but its an easy skip for me. /speculation

76288 Surtur Battle - I wonder if he'll be a mech like build that's very downsized or if they truly will only include his upper torso. The price point is suspiciously low for this concept imo

76291 Age of Ultron Final Battle - Would love to get updated MCU versions of Ultron, Vision, and yes, Quicksilver mini figure (s). This set has so much potential. Veryyy excited for this one.

76286 - Kind of torn on this. I feel like the OG set from 2014 is perfect, even if the handle on the roof broke on me recently. It has a lot of interior room for a $70 set, and it's version of Ronan is just better with the specialized headpiece mould. The Benatar D2C was nice but still lacked interior room and didn't really improve upon that, and interior room plays a big role in a sets appeal for me. Pair that with subpar versions of figures I already own and it sounds easy to write this off. I'll say, I've been looking to add the Infinity War Benatar to my collection because of its inclusion of Gamora with her brown coat look. I love my Ravager Gamora don't get me wrong, but her coated look was her most stylish and arguably iconic MCU look. If Lego can put her in this set and expand on the impressive interior detailing of the first set, they may have my attention. Heck, add in Yondu or some other ravagers and I'm hooked. So we shall see.

76287 Iron Legion vs Ultron Bots - Incredible. Finally some army builder Marvel sets. Hope this sets a trend moving forward. The Superheroes theme lends itself very well to army building kind of crazy it took a decade into this theme to really explore that.

Not really interested in the micro scaled Hellicarrier or potted Groot sets. But these AoU sets sound interesting and I hope they live up to the hype. Quicksilver feels more believable paired with that recent torso link now that this is the rumored lineup. Hopefully in time we can get comic versions of the Guardians, and classic Avengers. But for now, not too bad.

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

So they’re putting all the budget on the building?

Wouldn't be a real lego set without a totally absurd side build

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Pfff, as if :tongue: Nothing has changed, DP3 is still R-rated and @Falconfan1414‘s hint about multiple 2024 movies getting sets has already been fulfilled (i.e., Despicable Me 4 and Inside Out 2).

Falconfan said ''Never say never'' on here a while back and It's the only MCU movie this year which a lot of people are looking forward to and it's one of the biggest movies this year so lego would be stupid not to plus it's not by fox anymore it's by disney and they have a good partnership with lego so who knows.

48 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Falconfan said ''Never say never'' on here a while back and It's the only MCU movie this year which a lot of people are looking forward to and it's one of the biggest movies this year so lego would be stupid not to plus it's not by fox anymore it's by disney and they have a good partnership with lego so who knows.

It has nothing to do with it being the biggest movie or the year, or not being a FOX movie anymore.

It's an R-rated movie. LEGO won't touch it. The end.

53 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's an R-rated movie. LEGO won't touch it. The end.

Word. And I‘m not just saying that in hopes of saving my skin :laugh_hard:

Releasing sets based on an R-rated movie crosses a line and is only gonna cause issues. You just know there’d be an angry horde of Karens demanding to personally speak to Ole Kirk Christiansen’s ghost!

Might as well expect sets based on Jonkler: Folie à deux :tongue:

And the only reason Echo was featured in the CMF series is because the rating was still unknown at the time. Skullpoopl 3 however was explicitly stated to be R-rated from day 1.

I feel we need an updated list, as we have pieces and price counts for a majority of the sets in the second half of the year.

• Added July sets
  • Added August sets
  • Added September sets
  • Added October sets
  • Added November sets

Updated List:

Spoiler

FEBRUARY 2024 (Total 2):

MARCH 2024 (Total 3):

APRIL 2024 (Total 4):

SUMMER 2024 (Total 7):

AUGUST 2024 (Total 3):

SEPTEMBER 2024 (Total 1):

OCTOBER 2024 (Total 1 & a book):

NOVEMBER 2024 (Total 1):

UNKNOWN 2024 (Total 3):

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • Release dates are estimated given conflicting reports
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new set

23 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Meanwhile, Falconfan is posting about set 76328, an 18+ Super Heroes set with 1822 pieces releasing in October, according to brickmerge.  Another big Marvel set, or something for DC? I'm very curious to find out what it might be.

At the moment my bet would be a set based on Iron Man. We're seemingly randomly getting a Brickheadz figure of the MK5 suit in July and it's weird to revisit that version of the suit unless they planned on doing something else Iron Man related - either based on Iron Man 2 or Iron Man 3 when the suit would have appeared.

It's also possible that given we got a Black Panther D2C due to the popularity of the first film, we might get a Captain Marvel D2C due to the popularity of the first film.

On 1/19/2024 at 5:22 PM, NXS7 said:

In my head, picturing the AoU Final Battle set as being on the same type of round black base, it just didn't work for me. If this set is the church, you'd need a wide enough interior to fit enough figures including a Hulk, and I just couldn't see it looking great

So yeah, my ideas were more open grounded to combine them together, because it would be a shame for LEGO to limit their sets by putting them on a black base

comcon048-1.png

I think you could do a curved wall or perhaps focus around the Doomsday Trigger device in the middle, a circular display with that as the centre piece, kinda like the Throne set, just with the device in the centre. Though overall, I do agree with your remarks about not wanting them to force fit the round base. Perhaps they'll do a Star Wars style rectangular or square base.

Edited by Scarilian

Word. And I‘m not just saying that in hopes of saving my skin 

Your skin is totally safe. Your insides, though...

And the only reason Echo was featured in the CMF series is because the rating was still unknown at the time.

There's no complains about Echo's character because no one has seen her show to check if it's kid friendly.

I speculated about this prior, but now that we have the unknown D2C listing, time for some more speculation. I think the 76328: 18+ Superheroes Set (1822pcs) could be a Malibu Mansion set.

492b02f7b132acdd79560ffb6bd2e152.jpg

You take the core concept of 42639 (2275pcs) and condense it to adapt what we see above. Aspects like the way the trees are made or the Piano can be effectively copy/pasted to this set. The only areas you'd need for the Malibu Mansion would be the lounge area with Piano, hall of armour display and the underground garage/workshop.

You could include:

1. Tony Stark (From 76216)
  2. Pepper Potts (From 76216)
  3. Happy Hogan
  4. Nick Fury (From 76216)
  5. Iron Man MK1 (from 76125 - with a new helmet piece)
  6. Iron Man MK2 (With Rhodey Head inside)
  7. Iron Man MK3 (From 76216)
  8. Iron Man MK4
  9. Iron Man MK5 (From 76125 - with a new helmet piece)
  10. Iron Man MK6 (Probably from 'Avengers Battle' set)
  11. Iron Man MK7 (From 76248)
  12. Iron Man MK42

This would mean the only figures exclusive to the set would be Happy Hogan, Iron Man MK2, Iron Man MK4 and Iron Man MK42. Though Happy Hogan along with the MK2 and MK42 have appeared in set form prior. It'd allow you to replicate moments from Iron Man 1, Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 including the First Flight, Tony being invited to the Avengers, Tony Vs Rhodey, MK42 suit-up and the Hall of Armour shot. Other figures that could be included would be Black Widow, Maya Hansen, Phil Coulson, Obadiah Stane, etc...

Maybe it's just me but it seems like it'd be a logical step given the recent or associated releases where repeat figures could be taken from.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

There's no complains about Echo's character because no one has seen her show to check if it's kid friendly.

Honestly, probably accurate. How the character is known or not known will factor into if they can be adapted. Comparatively the general audience know who Deadpool is thanks to the success of Deadpool and Deadpool 2.

Disney's pettiness is why we've not had X-Men Lego sets for over a decade because they did not want to 'advertise the competition'. This is also why Lego have been blocked from including Fantastic Four characters because Disney would not let them. I guess Fox's adaptation of Deadpool is somewhat cathartic revenge. Fox's portrayal of the character has helped to designate him as making crude sexual remarks, being violent, swearing and deriving comedy from mocking the superhero genre. All of which would be tricky for Disney to encorporate into their primarily PG-12 universe and even trickier for Lego to adapt into a figure without the potential risk of backlash from those viewing the character as inappropriate for a kids toy.

Deadpool as a set or figure could still happen, but Lego would likely want to minimize the risk of backlash either by intentionally designating it as 'not for kids' such as an 18+ set OR in the form of something disconnected from the movie such as a clearly comic inspired polybag so it won't risk potentially negatively impacting the sales of a specific set. A CMF release is also possible but probably would probably be scheduled for 2025 if so. I'd be quite surprised if Deadpool is released in any other way than these.

I think if we see a Deadpool figure this year, it'll be his TAS design thrown into the X-Mansion, although I doubt even this because he's probably not going to appear in '97. Still, neither will Xavier, it seems.

1 minute ago, poisonbricks said:

I think if we see a Deadpool figure this year, it'll be his TAS design thrown into the X-Mansion, although I doubt even this because he's probably not going to appear in '97. Still, neither will Xavier, it seems.

Regardless of appearances in '97, if professor X wasn't in the X-mansion, I think we'd reach the tipping point and the lego headquarters would be sacked.

Deadpool is supposed to appear in one of the future MCU movies after Deadpool 3, namely Secret Wars, so even if they skip him this year, I'm sure we'll get him in a future MCU set.

10 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I speculated about this prior, but now that we have the unknown D2C listing, time for some more speculation. I think the 76328: 18+ Superheroes Set (1822pcs) could be a Malibu Mansion set.

I really wish you were right (and indeed that brickheadz mark 5 is suspect), but wouldn't it be more logical to expect a new hall of armor (or its derivatives) when 76216 retires?

Furthermore, the complexity of the structure and the importance of the protagonist could establish a higher price

14 hours ago, PGBQW said:

It's quite good, a bit uneven, slightly disapointing finale, but a good story nonetheless.

Definitely not kid friendly, but being about a deaf/amputee/amerindian woman it's also not Karen friendly, that could explain lack of backlash.

50 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I really wish you were right (and indeed that brickheadz mark 5 is suspect), but wouldn't it be more logical to expect a new hall of armor (or its derivatives) when 76216 retires?

Furthermore, the complexity of the structure and the importance of the protagonist could establish a higher price

I think we could see a new Iron Man Armory set, perhaps even the unknown 2024 set: 76283, but I don't think it's specifically the October 76328 set due to the 1822 piece count.

I'd imagine a new armory would have a low piece count but throw in tones of figures.The previous Iron Man Armory (76216) had 496 pieces and that had a bunch of side builds as opposed to just the display areas.

The piece count probably means it's going to be some form of building, statue, weapon, etc... unless it's another Hulkbuster again :tongue:

Edited by Scarilian

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The piece count probably means it's going to be some form of building, statue, weapon, etc... unless it's another Hulkbuster again :tongue:

Or it‘s a DC set instead :tongue: @TandNbricks recently hinted at a Batpod, after all.

57 minuti fa, Scarilian ha detto:

Penso che potremmo vedere un nuovo set di Iron Man Armory, forse anche l'ignoto set del 2024: 76283, ma non credo che sia specificamente il set di ottobre 76328 a causa del numero di pezzi 1822.

Immagino che una nuova armeria avrebbe un basso numero di pezzi, ma avrebbe gettato toni di figure. Il precedente Iron Man Armory (76216) aveva 496 pezzi e che aveva un sacco di build laterali rispetto alle sole aree di visualizzazione.

Il conteggio dei pezzi probabilmente significa che sarà una qualche forma di edificio, statua, arma, ecc... a meno che non sia di nuovo un altro Hulkbuster:lingua:

I guess I didn't make myself clear :-D I don't mean that 76328 might be a hall of armor, but that we won't see a hall of armor (or a malibu set) until 76216 is in stores. So at least until 2025

49 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I guess I didn't make myself clear :-D I don't mean that 76328 might be a hall of armor, but that we won't see a hall of armor (or a malibu set) until 76216 is in stores. So at least until 2025 

76216 retired in December 2023. By the time we reach October 2024, when 76328 is supposed to release, it'd have been long enough for it to no longer be on shelves which I think would make it viable that the set could be the next step in the Iron Man suit collection series (As the Malibu Mansion)

37 minuti fa, Scarilian ha detto:

76216 sono andati in pensione nel dicembre 2023.

Oh wow, I think I'm getting old :-D well, then we are definitely ready for a new set!!!

Question for anyone who has the Hoopty -- would it be worth picking up for €60? There's a promo on I might be able to get to, but it still seems pricey for the piece count...

TandN says Red Hulk is delayed :-(((

Ok, it was predictable, but hearing it is painful

5 hours ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

Question for anyone who has the Hoopty -- would it be worth picking up for €60? There's a promo on I might be able to get to, but it still seems pricey for the piece count...

Money is a very personal thing… For me it's a nice set, but I would have bought it anyway… if 60 is ok for you, then 60 is a good price…

I am hoping that we do get some more Iron Man variants from some of these sets.

9 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Oh wow, I think I'm getting old :-D well, then we are definitely ready for a new set!!!

Tis fine, did not realize it had retired either. Fingers crossed they keep going with the Armory sets and Iron Man figures.

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

I am hoping that we do get some more Iron Man variants from some of these sets.

Chances are we'll get the MK6 (Non-damaged) and the MK45 in the Avengers Battle and AOU: Final Battle respectively.

At which point we'd have 7 primary suits that would need adapting in the new style, the MK1, MK2, MK4, MK42, MK43, MK46 and MK47. In general I'm hoping that they achieve this by the latest of 2028 because by then we'll be at the 20th anniversary of Iron Man and likely the end of Phase 6.

• MK1 - Iron Man 1/2/Malibu Mansion?
  • MK2 - Iron Man 1/2/Malibu Mansion?
  • MK3
  • MK4 - Iron Man 2/Malibu Mansion?
  • MK6 Battle Damaged (MK6 non-damaged probably in 'Avengers Battle')
  • MK7
  • MK25
  • MK42 - Iron Man 3/Malibu Mansion?
  • MK43 - Age of Ultron Hydra set?
  • MK45 (Probably in AoU: Final Battle)
  • MK46 - Civil War set?
  • MK47 - Spider-man: Homecoming set?
  • MK50
  • MK85

Once completed they can do armory sets in order to release other figures or bundle Iron Man's in as promotional gifts or otherwise to fill out the line-up.

• A Malibu Mansion set could include MK1-7 to ensure everyone has the initial 7 Iron Man suits so they can move on to later films and versions of the suits while it'd also demonstrate a commitment to actually giving us all the suits in the new style.
  • An Iron Man 3: Final Battle set for example could give us the MK33, MK16, MK40, MK15 which Tony used during various parts of that fight along with a Big-Fig or Brickbuilt Igor and the MK42 if we have'nt already recieved it already.
2 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

@Scarilian Thanks for the piece count updates, glad the Milano looks to be a pretty massive set. Hoping it tops the Benatar!

No problem, glad it helps :)

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Tis fine, did not realize it had retired either. Fingers crossed they keep going with the Armory sets and Iron Man figures.

Chances are we'll get the MK6 (Non-damaged) and the MK45 in the Avengers Battle and AOU: Final Battle respectively.

At which point we'd have 7 primary suits that would need adapting in the new style, the MK1, MK2, MK4, MK42, MK43, MK46 and MK47. In general I'm hoping that they achieve this by the latest of 2028 because by then we'll be at the 20th anniversary of Iron Man and likely the end of Phase 6.

• MK1 - Iron Man 1/2/Malibu Mansion?
  • MK2 - Iron Man 1/2/Malibu Mansion?
  • MK3
  • MK4 - Iron Man 2/Malibu Mansion?
  • MK6 Battle Damaged (MK6 non-damaged probably in 'Avengers Battle')
  • MK7
  • MK25
  • MK42 - Iron Man 3/Malibu Mansion?
  • MK43 - Age of Ultron Hydra set?
  • MK45 (Probably in AoU: Final Battle)
  • MK46 - Civil War set?
  • MK47 - Spider-man: Homecoming set?
  • MK50
  • MK85

Once completed they can do armory sets in order to release other figures or bundle Iron Man's in as promotional gifts or otherwise to fill out the line-up.

• A Malibu Mansion set could include MK1-7 to ensure everyone has the initial 7 Iron Man suits so they can move on to later films and versions of the suits while it'd also demonstrate a commitment to actually giving us all the suits in the new style.
  • An Iron Man 3: Final Battle set for example could give us the MK33, MK16, MK40, MK15 which Tony used during various parts of that fight along with a Big-Fig or Brickbuilt Igor and the MK42 if we have'nt already recieved it already.

No problem, glad it helps :)

If I am not mistaken, here are the armor versions that Lego has made so far:

1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 17, 22, 25, 30, 33, 37, 39, 41, 42, 43, 45, 46, 47, 50, 51, 64, 85