Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Lakeside Chapel

@LittleJohn and I built this peaceful Avalonian scene of a small chapel on the edge of a lake.
It's an entry for the Religious Building of the Colossal Castle Contest.

Evenings make a splendid time for Brother Alberic to enjoy some peaceful contemplation while fishing. The still waters and quiet forest never fail to lift his spirits.

Lakeside Chapel

Lakeside Chapel

Lakeside Chapel

Lakeside Chapel

I really like the design.  The windows look great.  The roof is a wonderful visual with the 1/4 circle tiles and the touch of sand green throughout the build is a nice touch.  The rock work is so clean and looks so natural.  The trees are really well designed and fit the build quite well.  The water gives a nice mirrored effect to the build.  Great job.   I'm hoping to get a few entries into CCC this year but with work and some other things it's been hard this year.  

Really nice use of those new T pieces on the windows.  Took me a bit to figure out what it was.  Such a lovely peaceful build overall!

Gorgeous!  I love the glassy look of the lake.  Your placement of the rocks is great in keeping the water look smooth and the rocks look random coming out of the water.  The whole chapel has some really nice lines.  It's clean, obviously well maintained, but it also looks old, which is a great look.   The roof tiles look good in their configuration, and I like the color variation.  Lovely stonework detail in the chapel near the eaves, around the windows, etc.  The trees are also great: Just enough twisting to make them look organic without being overly insane on part count.  Glad to see you are still posting here!  Keep it coming please!  :wub: I always love seeing your builds!

Very nice - the roof is so effective! The Style of the trees looks so cool. And I also like the integrated lights, which give the whole build some more colour :-).

Love the light from the Windows. Gives a nice and warm feeling. Great build.