Ngoc Nguyen

42166 NEOM McLaren Extreme E Team

Top Gear's " This is brilliant - But I like this" meme came to my mind when I think about this and the other McLaren. This looks good, but the other just draws my attention better.

Sariel's review of this set has been hard, but justifiably so, I think...? [Some part of me stills think that this set is good, maybe without the stickers it'd look better as a generic Pull-Back car (non-licensed ftw) than a half-baked attempt of the real thing in this scale (like many of the smaller licensed sets)].

So it's not entirely my thing, but it'd look cool next to the other NEOM Pull back set (Note: It's 42169. Insert the funny here).

Edited by PlopiNinetySix

I’ve switched off from Sariels reviews. I find him too negative about sets and in my opinion doesn’t give a balanced view or a view that considers the main customer (not the vast majority of us). I far prefer RacingBrick ( @kbalage ) or Jang these days.

These pull back models have a place, my nephew loves all the monster truck ones.

Edited by Seasider

18 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I’ve switched off from Sariels reviews. I find him too negative about sets and in my opinion doesn’t give a balanced view or a view that considers the main customer (not the vast majority of us). I far prefer RacingBrick ( @kbalage ) or Jang these days.

These pull back models have a place, my nephew loves all the monster truck ones.

Each to his own; I watch RacingBrick too, excellent reviews and the building section is absolutely awesome, I genuinely never skip it^

32 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I see Sariel as more of a realist than a pessimist, and as far as I'm concerned he's right most of the time. Plus his pets are adorbs!

33 minutes ago, Seasider said:

These pull back models have a place

I agree on this. I have no idea why TLG in all their wisdom discontinued Monster Jam.