MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

13 minutes ago, Llewop said:

Obviously with hindsight “new set reveals” meant that they would be showing off the new sets just released. Most fans aren’t on these forums waiting for leaks so for most people these sets are new reveals 

Just checked Reddit kind of bummed if it’s true. My interest has just plummeted might just be picking up the figures 2nd hand now.

would they include taking in a star destroyer? If not then it opens up renown’s clue again.

Conversely, my interest just shot up. I don't have an ISD and I think the playscale ISD from 2014 was really good.

Just now, Flawless Cowboy said:

Good. Judging by Yavin, LSW is better off not botching location sets and sticking with ships

It would be nice though if they made a diorama of a hangar bay and some rooms from the Death Star.

16 minutes ago, Llewop said:

would they include taking in a star destroyer? If not then it opens up renown’s clue again.

A Star Destroyer instead of a Death Star? Interesting. . . 🤔
I wonder if it will end up being the kintsugi Chimera, since we are already getting a spoiler Ahsoka set this year (no idea how this would relate to @Renown’s clue, though). 

Didn't expect that plot twist! Wonder why there is so much confusion surrounding this particular set :laugh: First the price, then the minifigs, and now what the build even is!

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

I wonder if it will end up being the kintsugi Chimera, since we are already getting a spoiler Ahsoka set this year (no idea how this would relate to @Renown’s clue, though). 

Source is maxbaut, he is very reliable and he says Darth Vader is included so it's based on episode 4/5/6, you can see it on Reddit /LegoLeak

I think a Star Destroyer makes a lot more sense, and it's nice to see a big playset with a lot of figures that (hopefully) isn't just a super-sized juniors set as Yavin IV was.

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Didn't expect that plot twist! Wonder why there is so much confusion surrounding this particular set :laugh: First the price, then the minifigs, and now what the build even is!

Maybe the leakers were blind or looked at the solar eclispe too long and couldn't make out what the set was

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Given the figs previously listed I doubt it's the Chimera, especially the Kintsugu Ahsoka one, and I think if they were making the Chimera this year they'd have left thrawn out of the comparatively smaller set.

Honestly for me it's a bit disappointing, I think an interior death star rooms playset is more interesting than an ISD.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Just now, SketchBrick said:

I think a Star Destroyer makes a lot more sense, and it's nice to see a big playset with a lot of figures that (hopefully) isn't just a super-sized juniors set as Yavin IV was.

1,555 Pieces, that's more than the 2014 one so hopefully not

5 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

It would be nice though if they made a diorama of a hangar bay and some rooms from the Death Star.

As an MBS I think it would look great 

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

No chance. Not only are there no anniversary minifigs in the Mando/Ahsoka sets, the minifig selection wouldn't make sense. If it was the Chimaera, Thrawn would certainly be included here rather than in the Peridea set. And there would be Nighttroopers rather than Stormies. Also, Vader's included :laugh_hard:

1 minute ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Wouldn't that essentially just be the 2008/16 Death Star again?

Posted (edited)

I must admit I’m excited for the Star Destroyer. I think it’s been 10 years since we had the last one (excluding the UCS version). 

3 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Yeah, if we were to see part of the Death Star, and MBS set would be the way to go. 

Those other 4 sets look good. I like that curved trans piece they’ve used to make the trooper fly.

Edited by Tariq j

4 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

(no idea how this would relate to @Renown’s clue, though). 

His clue is either Tarkin or Pershing. 
We see Pershing entering the decomissioned Star Destroyer on Coruscant with Elia Kane.
Or It could be Tarkin's Star Destroyer.

Just now, TheUnusualBuilder said:

Yes but it would be given an “18+” treatment. The Cantina is head and shoulders above previous MBS sets in presentation because of its higher age rating and I’d be very much excited to see a modern rendition of the Death Star. 

1 minute ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

I think you could do something like Betrayal at Cloud City where it’s just the top half. Similar to that old Kenner toy.

16 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Literally my first thought when I saw it was “That is a Gundam!”

It actually reminded me more of Star Scream when I first saw it.

16 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Source?? 

Max Baut apparently.

I’m not sure what to think. On one hand I was really hyped for a Death Star playset cause I was hoping to mod it into an imperial facility. On the other hand I will be glad to build my imperial fleet. If this rumour is true then I’m actually curious about how big the interior will be for it to accommodate 11 imperial minifigures.

I’m actually severely disappointed with the live-stream here in the UK. There were literally no new reveals, and unlike some people say Lego has previously used the term “new reveals” when they actually reveal new stuff. For example Lego Con 2022. They didn’t even reveal the June sets. I’m hoping the live-streams later in other countries actually contain reveals and all the live streams are all one big puzzle that pieces together.

11 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Source is maxbaut, he is very reliable 

Ah, good! I have been waiting for a new ISD! 

11 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

he says Darth Vader is included so it's based on episode 4/5/6

OK; I am pleasantly surprised, as LEGO often makes variants of vehicles before their normal versions (Rex’s AT-TE, Coruscant Guard LAAT/i). I do want a Chimera (with Eye of Sion) at some point, but I would prefer a standard ISD first! 

14 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Maybe the leakers were blind 

Deploy the garrison! 

11 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

His clue is either Tarkin or Pershing. 
We see Pershing entering the decomissioned Star Destroyer on Coruscant with Elia Kane.
Or It could be Tarkin's Star Destroyer.

Yep. I just checked the other main Imperial officers from ESB/RotJ, and none of their actors were in an adaptation of 1984
In this case, since we are getting an ISD instead of the Death Star, Renown hinting at Tarkin is more understandable (since he is not as obvious an inclusion as he would be in a Death Star playset). 

Now that it’s not allegedly a Death Star set what imperial officers (named ones) would make sense to appear in a Star destroyer? (I’m terrible with names) but could be the captain/admiral from V and VI.  

10-12 figures are rumoured 2 are Vader and Cal. 
so leaves 8-10. Couple of stormtroopers, could have pilots/crew only leave room for maybe 1/2 officers that are known, probably a protocol droid as well. Not really sure what/who could appear in this set now 

2 minutes ago, Llewop said:

Now that it’s not allegedly a Death Star set what imperial officers (named ones) would make sense to appear in a Star destroyer? (I’m terrible with names) but could be the captain/admiral from V and VI.  

10-12 figures are rumoured 2 are Vader and Cal. 
so leaves 8-10. Couple of stormtroopers, could have pilots/crew only leave room for maybe 1/2 officers that are known, probably a protocol droid as well. Not really sure what/who could appear in this set now 

I'd love to finally get Admiral Ozzel and Captain Needa from ESB (they'd go great with the uniform Veers from the meditation chamber set), but knowing LEGO they'll probably be generic unnamed officers.

A Star Destroyer is far overdue and I’ve never owned one, so this is pretty exciting.

It obviously comes with the territory of being a OT set but the minifigures just being Vader / Stormtroopers / Imperial Officers makes perfect sense but also a little boring. Cal is obviously a big selling point but all the same, I’m just complaining about nothing.

Disappointed that the May 4th livestream was nothing but hot air. All the May sets were revealed a few weeks ago but I guess it makes sense that for the average consumer this stuff is still brand new anyway.

15 minutes ago, Llewop said:

Ozzel, Piett, and Needa (and maybe Jerjerrod) would fit, but not if Tarkin is in the set. 

Thinking on it, wasn't there some obviously fake text leak from a few years ago (I wanna say summer 2021) of some guy saying there would be a $170 Star Destroyer with a Cal Kestis minifigure?

Something something "random internet users", something something "Apollo gift of prophecy".

I was super excited for a playscale Death Star so this is a little disapointing, especially since I have the 2014 ISD, but the 12 figures has me interested.

25 minutes ago, Llewop said:

Most likely named possibilities IMO: Admiral Piet, Captain Needa, Admiral Ozzel, General Veers (reuse from meditation chamber) and Vice Admiral Rae Sloane (Reuse from Tie bomber)

Generic Ranks that are most likely in a set like this: Captain, Admiral and Lieutenant.

4 minutes ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

Thinking on it, wasn't there some obviously fake text leak from a few years ago (I wanna say summer 2021) of some guy saying there would be a $170 Star Destroyer with a Cal Kestis minifigure?

Something something "random internet users", something something "Apollo gift of prophecy".

“He can see things before they happen. It’s a Jedi trait.”- Qui-Gon Jinn.