MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Minishark2000 said:

This new one has a lot more and the dark grey crease lines start to overtake the black colour of the robe

I also want to note that I like the new maul's facial expression, I am glad we've moved away from the childish looking smiling maul face print, absolutely hated that

Agreed. On a quick flip through Bricklink, the previous couple of versions of his Episode I look struck a better balance with the detail and used negative black space to their advantage. This one looks messy.

I'm also glad they haven't done that weird smile again, though they'd already done a good serious one for that Clone Wars Season 7 set.

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I'm also glad they haven't done that weird smile again, though they'd already done a good serious one for that Clone Wars Season 7 set.

Yeah to be honest, the Clone Wars version of him we got a couple years back was pretty much perfect. Even though he's not in his Episode I costume, given the great level of detail and solid facial expression, I'd be willing to say it's the best Maul minifig thus far.

11 hours ago, CallumPears said:

Worth noting that the 1999 one didn't have black pupils either. Those were added on the 2007 version. The 1999 version has yellow/orange solid eyes, similar to the leaked one. 

Bricklink doesn't differentiate unfortunately but they are distinct figures. (According to Bricklink the 2011 Maul also has the same head as the 1999 one which clearly also isn't true.)

I see pupils in the 1999 version, they are very subtle, but are definitely there (photo source:

4094287244-2240291abd-o.jpg

The 1999 Maul head had lots of misprints though. One of mine looks derpy and the other has no yellow print in his eyes, just white :laugh: As goofy as the grinning one was, at least it had no (or at least way fewer) misprints!

I must say I do like Maul's new eyes, but the robes are definitely way too busy-looking. Annoying because the only other Maul I have is the CWS7 one, so I can't switch out the torso and legs on the new one.

New Maul leaked, and the eyes with no pupils look cursed! Why did Lego stopped giving Sith pupils when they clearly have them in-universe? Last version of Maul looked awesome with normal eyes, but this one's face is wrong. The torso prints are good, but eyes ruin this otherwise great figure.

I‘m in two minds atm about this sith infiltrator set. I want it just for Saw but feel like I could just get him on his own but then I’m also interested in the may 4th promo and I’m not sure what other sets to get to make up the total for the promo. Had there been a few more figures or even different figures I might have changed my mind and it would be an instant purchase but I’m not sure 

Sith Anakin is going to look cursed with those eyes, also how likely is it that the unknown creature set with young Leia is a BB S3 set with the creature from one of those episodes ?

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

59 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Sith Anakin is going to look cursed with those eyes, also how likely is it that the unknown creature set with young Leia is a BB S3 set with the creature from one of those episodes ?

If it’s a buildable creature UCS-style set like I assume, 0%. I guess it’s possible it’s a play set along the lines of the Rathtar Escape set, but I feel like it would’ve been described differently if that were the case. 

What is the description (if any) from leakers about this buildable creature thus far? All I remember hearing was that it wasn't instantly recognizable as a "Star Wars staple" so to say.

5 hours ago, Old Master said:

What is the description (if any) from leakers about this buildable creature thus far? All I remember hearing was that it wasn't instantly recognizable as a "Star Wars staple" so to say.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but as far as I’m aware none of the established leakers have said anything about the set other than Young Leia being included. I believe the „buildable creature“ rumour comes from a semi-reliable source, but none of the other details have been corroborated :shrug_oh_well: 

5 hours ago, Old Master said:

I think that the only “official” information that has come out is that it has multiple (more than two) eyes, but this could have just been speculation. I don’t remember who the source was, if any was given. If true, this very much limits what it could be, though. 

3 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

I don’t remember who the source was, if any was given.

Wasn‘t it the same guy who claimed last year‘s swamp speeder would come with Bly? :tongue: If so, we can safely ignore him.

Just now, Lego Nostalgia said:

I'm thankful Star Wars hasn't gotten Buildable Figures (yet)

We do. We’ve got mechs, the chewbacca, C3PO, R2D2 and droideka all coming. Not to mention we’ve had them in the past. A local toy shop in my town still has the buildable Jyn Erso from when Rogue 1 was released  

1 hour ago, Llewop said:

We do. We’ve got mechs, the chewbacca, C3PO, R2D2 and droideka all coming. Not to mention we’ve had them in the past. A local toy shop in my town still has the buildable Jyn Erso from when Rogue 1 was released  

What's funny is a live in a different country and I saw about 5 Jyns, as well as a couple Bazes and Chirruts, still on shelves at a toy store last month. Those did NOT do well, especially the ones of unmasked/unhelmeted humans

Ok so I guess this thread is really going along with the loose mention of "buildable creature" then. A bit hard for me to imagine they're taking that route given the flop that is 75371 Chewbacca 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Old Master said:

Ok so I guess this thread is really going along with the loose mention of "buildable creature" then. A bit hard for me to imagine they're taking that route given the flop that is 75371 Chewbacca 

I think the idea is actually it’s a minifigure scale creature that’s either large or with a bunch of side builds. There are so many different things it could possibly be. But seeing as no major sources have apparently backed that up and it mostly being Life-Bricks and other unreliable YouTubers like him that have been circulating that rumour I think there’s at least a 50% chance it’s fake.

If you ask me it’s going to be a movie playset. Seeing that all the other sets with Anniversary figs are based off the films and furthermore there’s a good chance that it’s TPM based. Would anyone else be up for a Battle of Theed?

Edited by CloneCommando99

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What's funny is a live in a different country and I saw about 5 Jyns, as well as a couple Bazes and Chirruts, still on shelves at a toy store last month. Those did NOT do well, especially the ones of unmasked/unhelmeted humans

Yeah what’s worse is the guy is still selling them full price he also has a lot of Finns resistance transport pod from episode 8 as well. 

I get the buildable figures and busts in like marvel and dc but I’m not so keen on them for Star Wars I feel like they are taking away from system scale sets from a lot of the new content we’ve been getting from the Disney+ shows. 

A profile called master.Jedi.bricks on ig is claiming that there is a set 40755 linked to the 25th anniversary coming in October is this a reliable leaker or is this bs? The post is very vague speculates it could be this and could have minifigures and could be $45.

im a bit suspicious of the set number as SW sets don’t normally have sets numbers starting with 40. Do You think there is any truth to this? 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I saw Chirrut a few months ago in a small toy shop lol, it will be a curse that small toy shops can not undo and will have to suffer be it Jyn Erso or others.

4 minutes ago, Llewop said:

Yeah what’s worse is the guy is still selling them full price he also has a lot of Finns resistance transport pod from episode 8 as well. 

I get the buildable figures and busts in like marvel and dc but I’m not so keen on them for Star Wars I feel like they are taking away from system scale sets from a lot of the new content we’ve been getting from the Disney+ shows. 

A profile called master.Jedi.bricks on ig is claiming that there is a set 40755 linked to the 25th anniversary coming in October is this a reliable leaker or is this bs? The post is very vague speculates it could be this and could have minifigures and could be $45.

im a bit suspicious of the set number as SW sets don’t normally have sets numbers starting with 40. Do You think there is any truth to this? 

If that's the Jedi Bricks guy on youtube then he is full of bs, clickbait and everything, even lifebricks is more reliable than him lol.

19 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I saw Chirrut a few months ago in a small toy shop lol, it will be a curse that small toy shops can not undo and will have to suffer be it Jyn Erso or others.

If that's the Jedi Bricks guy on youtube then he is full of bs, clickbait and everything, even lifebricks is more reliable than him lol.

I don’t know a lot of the leakers by name only which is why I was a bit dubious. Someone pointed out couple of weeks ago the leakers have been very quiet but I still thinks it because there is no news to leak 

6 minutes ago, Llewop said:

I don’t know a lot of the leakers by name only which is why I was a bit dubious. Someone pointed out couple of weeks ago the leakers have been very quiet but I still thinks it because there is no news to leak 

Maybe some Lego snipers have gotten to the leakers.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Llewop said:

Didn't one of the reliable lists we got a while ago have some strange little 25th Anniversary Celebration set, that was supposedly in a similar vein to the holiday diorama, that people speculated might have 1-2 more anniversary figs similarly to the Hogwarts Icons set with its extra golden characters? It sounds like this person might be talking about that, but if so, that's old news that they might just be bringing up to appear reliable because everybody forgot about it.

Edited by AD_Bricks

Report from the lego store: midi scale Falcon is really tiny, feels even more expensive when seen in the brick imo. The TIV hallway (inc. Fives) looks good but the off white stickers are a shame. R2 is quite small as well, doesnt look the price. Maybe the build experience compensates in part for the modest volume of bricks one is left with. Haven’t bought any yet but at the moment the TIV hallway is number one on my list, hopefully with a discount whrn the time comes.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arjo said:

Report from the lego store: midi scale Falcon is really tiny, feels even more expensive when seen in the brick imo. The TIV hallway (inc. Fives) looks good but the off white stickers are a shame. R2 is quite small as well, doesnt look the price. Maybe the build experience compensates in part for the modest volume of bricks one is left with. Haven’t bought any yet but at the moment the TIV hallway is number one on my list, hopefully with a discount whrn the time comes.

Agreed, my priorities this year are the Tantive hallway (so that I can build up my republic, rebel and imperial forces), The Death Star playset (so I can build up my imperial forces and get Cal Kestis my favourite Disney era jedi) and at least 2 clone vs droid battlepacks.

Edit: the theories of Lego doing an Order 66 on all the leakers might actually be true because Brickclicker has also gone silent for more than a month now, not just FalconFan. Dark times these are for us Lego leak enthusiasts.

Edited by CloneCommando99