MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Yes, but Lego is seemingly moving towards the blue colour scheme for their droid sets. If your point was entirely correct in this context, we’d have never seen a blue STAP released in the battle pack just. 

That's a, what, 14 pc side build wherein the main build shares it's color scheme. This would be a $160-170 set. Color is substantially more important when the item goes from "A little thing in a $30 set" to "the largest non-UCS set of the year"

I'd put money down that if we get an MTT, it's brown. I'm also reasonably confident we'd still see clones- perhaps the 87th legion, though I think in a set with 24 battle droids or something, they may opt to go for the more direct TPM figure selection and hope that not putting clones in EVERY set won't cause them to lose money.

18 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Sadly we live in a time where Lego is obsessed with downscaled, less complete sets. I’d have zero faith in them producing sets of this calibre you mention at a similar price point. The Coruscant Guard Gunship was the final nail in the coffin for my hope. 

This is the reason why I mainly get 18+ sets or build Mocs nowadays. It baffles me how much less “fun” kids’ sets are nowadays, the Coruscant Guard Gunship should be an ace in the hole, and it has less interactivity than every past gunship, hell it has less interactivity than the “adult” Galaxy Explorer set. It’s like they want this awkward middle ground where the sets are less playable than ten years ago but look more appealing on display because of the downscale and higher piece count. What we’re left with is sets that aren’t as fun, and don’t look remotely as good as models designed mainly for display. 

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's a, what, 14 pc side build wherein the main build shares it's color scheme. This would be a $160-170 set. Color is substantially more important when the item goes from "A little thing in a $30 set" to "the largest non-UCS set of the year"

I'd put money down that if we get an MTT, it's brown. I'm also reasonably confident we'd still see clones- perhaps the 87th legion, though I think in a set with 24 battle droids or something, they may opt to go for the more direct TPM figure selection and hope that not putting clones in EVERY set won't cause them to lose money.

Lego will always favour Clone Wars over TPM, though. Not sure a brown vehicle is exciting plus a blue colour scheme continues the continuity they’ve just established. 

2 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

This is the reason why I mainly get 18+ sets or build Mocs nowadays. It baffles me how much less “fun” kids’ sets are nowadays, the Coruscant Guard Gunship should be an ace in the hole, and it has less interactivity than every past gunship, hell it has less interactivity than the “adult” Galaxy Explorer set. It’s like they want this awkward middle ground where the sets are less playable than ten years ago but look more appealing on display because of the downscale and higher piece count. What we’re left with is sets that aren’t as fun, and don’t look remotely as good as models designed mainly for display. 

Honestly! It’s so uninspiring. But it’s unfortunately a consequence of more 18+ sets which I was originally all for…

I don’t even get who the target audience is for the Gunship. It’s just bland. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

The biggest question in my opinion with an MTT would be less the color but rather how large they would want to make it. Would LEGO be willing to use a flagship set spot for that, and if so, how large would it be? 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

27 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

The biggest question in my opinion with an MTT would be less the color but rather how large they would want to make it. Would LEGO be willing to use a flagship set spot for that, and if so, how large would it be? 

this. This is more of a potential deal-beaker for me. I always felt like the 2014 MTT was too small, hence I never got it, as my expectation was (and still is) fixed on 2007 scale. It felt too squished too me. To do this set justice it needs to be as big as it can be (in my opinion)

A UCS MTT capable of deploying a hundred battle droids on the rack is my dream set. I know Lego will never make it, but that’s the only true way to do the MTT justice. 

Edited by Flawless Cowboy

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Lego will always favour Clone Wars over TPM, though. Not sure a brown vehicle is exciting plus a blue colour scheme continues the continuity they’ve just established. 

Honestly! It’s so uninspiring. But it’s unfortunately a consequence of more 18+ sets which I was originally all for…

I don’t even get who the target audience is for the Gunship. It’s just bland. 

Next year would indicate this isn't as much an iron-clad guarantee as recent years have made us believe.

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Yes.... in general. Not necessarily this year, as renown says, and I really don't think so in this case.

The MTT is so much more well known for the brown color scheme than the blue/grey. Lego tends to go with the main color scheme of a vehicle, even when a different one may be more "exciting", unless it's part of a new project, or in the gunship's case, the UCS version is currently on shelves in the main color scheme.

The question is who the non-b1 figures would be, or if we'll see the MTT at all. Either way, if it's coming, it's almost certainly going to be brown.

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Totally agree. It feels like we almost never get play features beyond stud/spring shooters anymore either. 

1 hour ago, Renown said:

Next year would indicate this isn't as much an iron-clad guarantee as recent years have made us believe.

Fair. Didn’t the TCW anniversary get more sets though than what’s rumoured for TPM anniversary in 2024? 

(Trying to bait into any news of further TPM sets for summer 2024, whoops…)

Edited by ArrowBricks

3 hours ago, Renown said:

Will the summer wave give us ANY TPM minifigures we’ve never had made before? Examples being Boss Nass,Shimi,Yaddle,Padawan Anakin,Sio Bibble,Padme variants we’ve never had,Sabe,TPM Nute Gunray/Trade Federation Characters we’ve never had TPM Variants of/never existed and of course all other characters I did mention. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It feels like we almost never get play features beyond stud/spring shooters anymore either. 

Crutches that homogenize sets and remove the need for Lego to build usable play functions with bricks and technic. The 2002 gunship’s nose opening into a command station (not to mention being a 3-in-1 set!) was the damn coolest thing ever to me, I don’t think there was a single Star Wars playset in the past three years that even tried to be that fun and creative. 

The retractable landing gear in the Justifier was pretty impressive, even though the set was overpriced and a bad choice for the summer flagship.

@Falconfan1414 last night on stream confirmed that the anniversary figure he was hinting at was Young Leia and that Rebels Darth Maul is one of the anniversary figures. Update he said Darth Maul is coming in the first HALF of 2024.

Edited by Legofan2001

13 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

@Falconfan1414 last night on stream confirmed that the anniversary figure he was hinting at was Young Leia and that Rebels Darth Maul is one of the anniversary figures. Update he said Darth Maul is coming in the first HALF of 2024.

Amazing. They had time to plan, they had foresight, and chose a bland figure from the most unliked property since Rise of Skywalker. They could’ve gone with Vader with the damaged mask, if anything. 

4 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Amazing. They had time to plan, they had foresight, and chose a bland figure from the most unliked property since Rise of Skywalker. They could’ve gone with Vader with the damaged mask, if anything. 

My only issue with the Young Leia is that it’s taking an anniversary spot (we should’ve gotten a third kenobi set with young Leia IMO)

2 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

We had a Clone Wars Maul a couple years ago, is his Rebels version substantially different?

3 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

Interesting that someone else posted in here what the fig was but it got taken down. 

4 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

Will the summer wave give us ANY TPM minifigures we’ve never had made before? Examples being Boss Nass,Shimi,Yaddle,Padawan Anakin,Sio Bibble,Padme variants we’ve never had,Sabe,TPM Nute Gunray/Trade Federation Characters we’ve never had TPM Variants of/never existed and of course all other characters I did mention. 

Hopefully they go all out and cover as many missing characters/variants as they can. With so much Star Wars content out these days who knows when Lego will get another chance to thoroughly revisit TPM again.

3 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

Glad we have confirmation on the two anniversary figures and can put the speculation to rest. I assume Maul's face print will be updated to match the Sith eyes on Palpatine's most recent minifigure. Will be interesting to see if we also get a new TPM variant in addition to the Rebels one.

4 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

Rebels maul will be interesting at least, I wonder what set he comes in.

That does make me wonder what was going on with that stream though, as Leia did NOT fit all of the criteria.

Rebels Maul and Leia are both cool choices, especially if they come with the broken Inquisitor lightsaber and Lola respectively :thumbup:

So it looks like we get representatives for different properties that aren’t the three Skywalker trilogies (so far): Legends, TCW, and now Rebels and Obi-Wan. Fingers crossed that TBOBF, the two Jedi games, The Bad Batch, Rogue One, and Solo are the other properties!! :excited:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Rebels Maul and Leia are both cool choices, especially if they come with the broken Inquisitor lightsaber and Lola respectively :thumbup:

So it looks like we get representatives for different properties that aren’t the three Skywalker trilogies (so far): Legends, TCW, and now Rebels and Obi-Wan. Fingers crossed that TBOBF, the two Jedi games, The Bad Batch, Rogue One, and Solo are the other properties!! :excited:

It would be so cool to finally get a Cal Kestis minifigure tbh. 

21 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

A UCS MTT capable of deploying a hundred battle droids on the rack is my dream set. I know Lego will never make it, but that’s the only true way to do the MTT justice. 

I agree 100%, it's my dream set too. However, I wouldn't discard the thought of TLG making UCS MTT so quick. It is one of the most iconic vehicles of the prequel area (although with many good contemporary vehicles, worthy of UCS title). With a couple years of patience I think the chances of getting one are quite significant 

19 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

@Falconfan1414 last night on stream confirmed. . . that Rebels Darth Maul is one of the anniversary figures. 

Malachor or Tatooine version, @Falconfan1414

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Fingers crossed that TBOBF, the two Jedi games, The Bad Batch, Rogue One, and Solo are the other properties!! :excited:

IIRC, the anniversary ‘figs are just for the live-action instalments (so no TBB or J:FO/J:S). 

23 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

IIRC, the anniversary ‘figs are just for the live-action instalments (so no TBB or J:FO/J:S). 

You mean the remaining ones? Because 3 out of the 4 we know about are from non-live-action properties :tongue:

56 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You mean the remaining ones? Because 3 out of the 4 we know about are from non-live-action properties :tongue:

Right - I have no idea why I thought that!! 😑