evancelt

[MOC] Redbeard's Escape

"Redbeard's Escape"

Playing around with older LEGOLAND torsos to recreate iconic pirate figures

53308234281_ec35bf04df_o.jpg

This is almost an optical illusion where you don't know in which direction the figures are looking/moving :pir_laugh2: You can only tell by the hats and footprints.

I love the look of the palm tree trunk! I've never seen that before! i was wondering what green part you used for the small plant?

This almost feels like a "what could have been" - a world where Lego's techniques developed and advanced just like the real world, but they never developed the minifigure beyond the Legoland design. It's an intriguing aesthetic.

I love the beach colour scheme, reminds me of that one Paradisa baseplate.

4 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

This almost feels like a "what could have been" - a world where Lego's techniques developed and advanced just like the real world, but they never developed the minifigure beyond the Legoland design. It's an intriguing aesthetic.

I love the beach colour scheme, reminds me of that one Paradisa baseplate.

That’s correct!

I wondered what the colour palette reminded me of! Good spot!

This classic figures bring back memories. As a child I only had those even thogh minifigs were already available in sets (they were hard to find at that time, unlike this classic figures which were more easily available cca 10 years earlier). So, I simply imagined that figures always kept their hands in the pockets. 

On 11/6/2023 at 3:41 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Quite the scene. The use of the ancient body pieces is cool. NPU with the plants as well.

I wouldn't call it 'ancient'....:blush: Also, I didn't know these 'older' figures were called Legoland figures.