Peppermint_M

LEGO Monkie Kid 2024 Rumours and Discussion

Mei’s mech looks really good - I especially like the angular segmented armour design and heels on the feet (and maybe dragon head above the cockpit?). It seems very Gundam-inspired, which it probably is considering designers’ past comments! 

12 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Gotta say, I was expecting more from finally having a Mei mech. Been waiting for it for years, but this . . this isn’t what I was waiting for. And the less said about that weird shrunken Monkie Mech, the better - though I do like that it includes a cloud.

I am very curious about the absence of visible villains, though? Are they just cropped out? I’m going to be very annoyed if it turns out that a big set like Mei’s mech only comes with MK and Mei and some generic brick-built maintenance robots (I think that’s what those are).

I think the wave was originally meant to have villains and the missing set number was meant to be a villain set like the white tusk elephant, but the villains were completely omitted this wave. Can’t for the life of me figure out why though. 

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Mei’s mech looks really good - I especially like the angular segmented armour design and heels on the feet (and maybe dragon head above the cockpit?). It seems very Gundam-inspired, which it probably is considering designers’ past comments! 

Agreed, I think I will ge that mech. But, first, I will need an offical image so I will have my beter judgement.

Nobody's posted here in a while huh? We have official pics of some of the sets now:

I've started building the Mei mech on Stud.io to get a feel for it in 3D space—it really has some nice shaping to it.

3 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I think it’s been shelved to be honest. No name, no price, not with the other leaked sets. Not sure what else we could get as well. 

Maybe for later wave in 2024?

31 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Maybe for later wave in 2024?

Maybe. Some aspects of this wave (fewer sets, few new villains or new molds, and possibly a cancelled set from the lineup) make me slightly worried that the theme might be on its way out (much like how several other themes have gotten a slightly lower budget for their final waves). I'd love to be wrong, but I'm also satisfied overall with what the theme has given us over the years if that does turn out to be the case. And either way I'm certainly glad that one of my big wishes for a mech for Mei is becoming real!

Now I wonder what will happen if Monkie Kid theme will be discontinued. I mea I really love non-licensed theme (Hidden Side, City, Dreamzzz, Ninjago). 

Set images are on Lego.com. Dragon mech looks awesome, as do the vehicles play pack (they combine!) but wow, that mini monkey mech is a good contender for worst MK set unfortunately. £40! It looks smaller than the £18 Ninjago mechs, and one figure less. I hope the summer wave is good. 

51 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Set images are on Lego.com. Dragon mech looks awesome, as do the vehicles play pack (they combine!) but wow, that mini monkey mech is a good contender for worst MK set unfortunately. £40! It looks smaller than the £18 Ninjago mechs, and one figure less. I hope the summer wave is good. 

Yeah, definitely pricey (feels like the giant cloud definitely makes up part of that price). I've been thinking I'll skip that set but I do wanna Bricklink the fig, which looks incredibly swanky—new shoulder armor on that MK and the Mei in her mech too, I just noticed!

Looking at Mei's Dragon Mech

Still not a fan of how unfinished the knees look with those axles sticking out (Feel like the right angled version of that part would have worked better as then they could use a technic beam to cover the axles up.)

And how bare the back looks with just antistuds showing.

I do like how much sleeker it looks compared to my version though. (And at the very least has a part in teal I needed for my mech)

What is going on with Mei's Dragon Mech's face? I can't make out what it is, doesn't look like a dragon and has like a wheel on it. No indication this transforms into a vehicle. So weird, can anyone explain? 

13 hours ago, Mickey King said:

What is going on with Mei's Dragon Mech's face? I can't make out what it is, doesn't look like a dragon and has like a wheel on it. No indication this transforms into a vehicle. So weird, can anyone explain? 

It seems to be based on Mei's biker helmets from the first two years (though she hasn't worn one in more recent sets).

anyone heard anything about the 5th anniversary GWP?  I think that's the only set with the exclusive monkey king head with the 5th anniversary glasses.

19 minutes ago, Pchan1983 said:

anyone heard anything about the 5th anniversary GWP?  I think that's the only set with the exclusive monkey king head with the 5th anniversary glasses.

It was spotted in a Lego store somewhere but currently unknown availability. It should be coming with the megapolis set though. 

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

It was spotted in a Lego store somewhere but currently unknown availability. It should be coming with the megapolis set though. 

I ordered the megapolis but nothing else added to cart.  I guess may be just China exclusive for now

Out of curiousity , is there another polybag for Monkie Kid this year?

From 1414falconfan on instagram for MK Summer 2024!!!

80055: Monkie Kid's Team Power Truck - 712 pieces 

80056: Nine-Headed Beast - 757 pieces

80057: Nezha's Ring of Fire Mech - 1163 pieces

80058: Celestial Pagoda - 1621 pieces

Cannot wait for Nezha's mech! He has my favorite color scheme of any MK character and hopefully this will be creative like his fire ring.

Pagoda will hopefully look great next to Heavenly Realms.

Nine-headed beast seems very exciting; MK demon builds always shine.

What do you think?

Definitely excited about the nine-headed beast. If this really is the last wave, I'm a little sad. This theme has been a breath of fresh air. I only have the demon bull king, Sea HQ, and the city of lanterns but a lot of the sets have me really interested, definitely have to pick up the blimp! I'm going to miss this theme when it eventually retires, it has been wonderful!

From the 2023 discussion…

On 8/18/2023 at 12:01 PM, Lemerbrix said:

Honestly, the fact that we're getting megaopolis is a big red flag for me that the end of monkie kid is upon us. This wave feels like a "we ran out of ideas" wave to me

Now, call me a hypocrite, but…

I think MK will continue into next year.

now, we have confirmation that the show has been renewed for season 5, and the lack of a true villain in the first wave, and how small the summer wave is makes me think that season 5 will continue into 2025, maybe as part of a larger storyline, like LBD ended up being.

but that’s just a theory…

I can’t wait to see more MK sets!! Nin-headed beats , celestial pagoda, Nezha’s meh sound interesting to me soI’m looking forward to see more info!