THELEGOBATMAN

LEGO Ninjago 2024 Rumours and Discussion

I should have made these a while ago! If anyone wants to link posts from the 2023 thread I can split them off into here.

5 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

@Peppermint_M how do I link? Never had to do this before on eurobricks

You should see an option on the top right of the post you wish to share. There is a Share icon,

licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbB_7FEkfvGkYYnk8bYlE8046nTjiDWcUrt85XE6r476kCVgxuJQmYs2RNnCYTEnG-

Tap that and you can copy the web link to the exact post, pasting it into a new post in this thread. 

Just let me know if the post you link is an individual that needs to move, or if it is the start point of what should be split off the 2023 thread and put here. I can take posts in bulk or as individuals.

If the post is a bit of both 23 and 24, try using MulitQuote (the black + on a post) and when you return to this thread, you have a pop-up in the corner allowing you to quote post(s) in a reply on this thread.

Hope all this helps!

A new book has leaked .

It comes with Arin in his standard suit but with hair and no shoulder armor, which I feel like confirms that the winter wave will use the same suits, since the book will be available in march, and the books always have a minifigure from the new wave.

On 9/1/2023 at 11:28 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Btw, is there any way how i can filter Ninjago printed pieces at PAB online?

I don't think so :def_shrug:

On 8/30/2023 at 11:30 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I seriously doubt this, since the entire point of the Dragons Rising reboot was to ensure that all sets tie into the story (I.E. no Core-type waves)! 

Looks like your right, 

71815 “kai’s source dragon duel”

wonder what this could mean and more importantly why is Kai getting 3 sets? Why all the mechs? Cole makes sense with his earth form but I don’t know about the other ninja. 

Yeah, this wave is pretty weird. 

Kai gets four (!) sets, Arin gets two, some of the other Ninja get one, while the remaining (Lloyd and Zane) get none.

Lloyd, the main Ninjago character, gets no dedicated sets? When has that happened before? Even Cole, the most omitted Ninja, got a set.

14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, this wave is pretty weird. 

Kai gets four (!) sets, Arin gets two, some of the other Ninja get one, while the remaining (Lloyd and Zane) get none.

Lloyd, the main Ninjago character, gets no dedicated sets? When has that happened before? Even Cole, the most omitted Ninja, got a set.

That's because... SPOILERS AHEAD

Spoiler

Mechs wave is for Dragons Rising season 1 part 2. The ninja will use their new mechs in the final battle and Lloyd's mech is the already released one (71794).

Synopsis for part 2 episodes are already on Internet btw.

Full trailer for Dragons Rising season 1 part 2 is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rH-42X4qds

Heads up, more news coming our way from Falcon fan! 

Edit - got most of these from the website Fanklockow.Po, but thanks to falcon fan for the heads up. 

The gimmicks include 2 figures with the ninja stated and a wolf looking warrior. Wonder how they tie into part 2? Formlings? 

Edit- wolf mask print

Jays combat mech comes with 4 figures, Lloyd with a master looking garb, a wolf dude, Jay and a mystery hooded figure 

Coles earth mech is much the same but with 2 figures and the mech wields a giant hammer. 

Soras tech mech has a transparent sword in one hand and a shuriken in the other, 2 figures of Sora and a wolf dude 

Kais mech - 4 figures, a wolf person, Kai zane and a girl with a hood? Translation is rough for this one. 

The master dragon - black and white build mainly with Ras in a new outfit, Lloyd, Nya, Sora and “cinder” who is a new heroine. May be wyldfire lost in translation. A tree comes with it as a side build. I wonder if the wolf guys are actually Ras’s species, like a Chima tribe? 

Riyu dragon, comes with Arin and a wolf dude, and likely the SDCC figure. Dragon has a new head mold

Arins buggy comes with a tree side build and a hook on the back, and Cole and “Jordan” (may be lost in translation or hopefully the new elemental master we see in the trailer, the geckle). This Jordan character shows up in kais mech I think. 

Kais climbing mech - contains Kai Jay and wyldfire plus 2 “dragon warriors”. The mech has 4 hands and 2 of them have climbing hooks (grapples?) 

Dragon stone temple - very big temple, with Garmadon, Lloyd, Kai Nya and Wu (guess he isn’t dead?) 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

22 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Looks like your right, 

71815 “kai’s source dragon duel”

wonder what this could mean and more importantly why is Kai getting 3 sets? 

Maybe because Kai and Wyldfyre are getting more of the focus in S1b (Lloyd, Arin, and Sora were the focus of the first half)? Alternatively, since this is probably the Source Dragon that we see in the trailer (who breathes fire), LEGO is just associating him with Kai from a marketing standpoint. 

35 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Maybe because Kai and Wyldfyre are getting more of the focus in S1b (Lloyd, Arin, and Sora were the focus of the first half)? Alternatively, since this is probably the Source Dragon that we see in the trailer (who breathes fire), LEGO is just associating him with Kai from a marketing standpoint. 

Do u mean the blue dragon that’s on the thumbnail? I think it’s meant to be Sora, the bounty dragon. 

10 hours ago, Bloquerto said:

Full trailer for Dragons Rising season 1 part 2 is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rH-42X4qds

- Cole lives! Also, it is looking more and more like Wu died in the Merge (which I think is a good thing from a storytelling standpoint). 
- Dorama survived, and he seems to have made an army of Dorama-bots or Guard armour based on his outfit. I am a bit disappointed, as I felt like “And. . . Scene” was a good (and kid-friendly enough) end for his character. 
 - Dr. LaRow and Jordana are back, and I hope that we get them in a set at some point. 
 - Ras is back, and seems to have regained at least some position within Imperium (though clearly not a high position, since he is just wearing a bathrobe!). Also, I think that this trailer proves he is from Chima, since his fur and stripes continue onto his torso (the guy-in-a-mask theory is completely out now). 
 - Still no sign of the black-armoured Claw Generals or Guard Commanders. 
 - Cole’s and Zane’s Core dragons are still must-haves (if you have not picked them up already), and I suspect that the large Riyu-type dragon will be appearing in the upcoming wave. 
 - Is that a penguin Formling kid standing next to Cole? 
 - That junk-mech/robot needs to be a set! 
 - And also that big crab thing! 
 - The 2023 sets that did not appear in S1a (Zane’s car, Lloyd/Arin’s mechs) are appearing here. 
 - I cannot tell what element the Geckle is controlling. 
 - I am assuming that the Merge caused people to get Elemental Powers, since that Geckle seems old enough that he would have been around during MotM; also, WyldFyre only manifested her powers post-Merge. 
 - I am very curious about those ghost-guys. 
 - Cole’s mech is a stone construct, which is very cool! 
 - The weapon add-ons to the Jiro dragon actually appear (I assumed that they were just a play-feature). 
 - Is that big mech/robot from Imperium, or just built with salvaged Imperium tech? 
- Beatrix wants the world to destabilise? Alternatively, she thinks that keeping things somewhat stable via the trapped Source Dragon gives Imperium more power, or she intends to carve out territory that she wants to rule and let the rest be destroyed? 

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Do u mean the blue dragon that’s on the thumbnail? I think it’s meant to be Sora, the bounty dragon. 

The first trailer, I mean. The last shot was of (probably) the Source Dragon that we saw trapped by Imperium at the end of S1a, who is also breathing fire. The second trailer’s thumbnail dragon is definitely Sora the Bounty dragon. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

8 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

a mystery hooded figure 

Maybe the ghosts from the new trailer? 

The master dragon - black and white build mainly with Ras in a new outfit, Lloyd, Nya, Sora and “cinder” who is a new heroine. May be wyldfire lost in translation. A tree comes with it as a side build. 

Could this be the Source Dragon? We never actually see the colour clearly. Also, “cinder” is almost certainly Wyldfyre, since the name makes sense. She does appear in Kai’s mech, though, so maybe not? 

I wonder if the wolf guys are actually Ras’s species, like a Chima tribe? 

Probably! Though they would be tigers, not wolves (Ras does look wolfish, though, so I can see where the confusion would come from). 

Riyu dragon, comes with Arin and a wolf dude, and likely the SDCC figure. Dragon has a new head mold

SDCC figure? Do you mean the model of Riyu? More likely this is another member of Riyu’s herd, as we see with the Ninja in the new trailer. That would explain the new moulded head, since the big Riyu model was entirely brickbuilt. 

“Jordan” (may be lost in translation or hopefully the new elemental master we see in the trailer, the geckle). This Jordan character shows up in kais mech I think. 

Maybe Jordana? Odd that she would appear without Dr. LaRow, but the set descriptions are incomplete, so she may also show up somewhere. 

2 “dragon warriors”.

Claw Hunters? It seems like we are moving away from them as antagonists, which makes sense from a sales standpoint, but it is disappointing that we are not able to build up a decent army of Imperium Hunters and Guards. 🫤

Wu (guess he isn’t dead?) 

Core Wu appeared in this year’s Bounty, so his inclusion means nothing. 

Coles earth mech

Probably the one from the new trailer. 

Ras in a new outfit

Maybe his robes from the trailer? Alternatively, he could be wearing some Chima clothes/armour. 

Full set list and descriptions: 

71801: “Kai's Rising Dragon Strike”/“Kai’s Dragon Glider” / $10.99 / 24 Pieces 
71802: “Nya's Rising Dragon Strike”/“Anya’s [sic] Dragon Glider” / $10.99 / 26 Pieces 
71803: “Arin's Rising Dragon Strike”/“Arin’s Dragon Glider” / $10.99 / 27 Pieces 
 - The gimmicks include 2 figures with the ninja stated and a wolf looking warrior. Edit- wolf mask print 

71804: Arin's Battle Mech (4+) / $14.99 / 104 Pieces 
 - Includes mech and some terrain, Minifigs are Arin and a wolf figure with molded head 

71805: “Jay's Mech Battle Pack”/“Jay’s Battle Mech” / $10.99 / 78 Pieces  
- Includes a mech for Jay, Lloyd in a master outfit, a wolf with a molded head, and an unknown enemy in a hood 

71806: “Cole's Elemental Earth Mech”/“Cole’s Earth Mech” / $19.99 / 235 Pieces 
 - Coles earth mech is much the same but with 2 figures (Cole and a wolf warrior) and the mech wields a giant hammer. 

71807: “Sora's Elemental Tech Mech”/“Sora’s Tech Mech” / $19.99 / 209 Pieces 
 - Soras tech mech has a transparent sword in one hand and a shuriken in the other, 2 figures of Sora and a wolf dude 

71808: “Kai's Elemental Fire Mech”/“Kai’s Fire Mech” / $29.99 / 322 Pieces  
 - Includes mech, Kai, Zane, “Jordan” (possibly Jordana?) with a fur collar piece (C_S Note: Not likely Jordana, unless she gets a new outfit), and a hooded wolf warrior 

71809: Egalt the Master Dragon / $64.99 / 532 Pieces 
 - The master dragon - black and white build mainly with Ras in a new outfit, Lloyd, Nya, Sora and “cinder” who is a new heroine. May be wyldfire lost in translation. A tree comes with it as a side build. 

71810: Young Dragon Riyu / $14.99 / 132 Pieces / March release 
 - Buildable Riyu dragon, comes with Arin and a wolf dude, and likely the SDCC figure (C_S Note: doubting this now). Dragon has a new head mold 

71811: “Arin's Off-Road Buggy Car”/“Arin’s Off-Road Buggy” / $49.99 / 267 Pieces / March release (C_S Note: WTF is that PPP ratio?! This is not indicated to be a 4+ set!) 
 - Arins buggy comes with a tree side build and a hook on the back, Arin, Cole, “Jordan” (likely Jordana), and a wolf warrior 

71812: “Kai's Ninja Climber Mech”/“Kai’s Ninja Climbing Mech” / $69.99 / 623 Pieces / March release 
 - Contains Kai, Jay, and Wyldfyre plus 2 wolf warriors. The mech has 4 hands and 2 of them have climbing hooks (grapples?)
71819: “Dragon Stone Shrine”/“Dragonstone Temple” / $119.99 / 1212 Pieces / March release  
 - Very big temple, with Garmadon, Lloyd in master’s outfit, Kai, Nya, and Wu 

Edit: Updated with new/improved information from Discord; all sets are January release unless March is specified. My personal notes are marked as such. 

That's actually a lot of sets, never noticed that the Winter wave is only one set short of the first Dragons Rising wave, which had fourteen set (we can count the D2C as an exception, which would mean only thirteen sets). The Summer one, on the other hand, only has six sets.

The Dragon Gliders sound good, especially since they include a villain (which has happened only once with 10€ gimmick sets). 

Most of the mechs sound rather uninspiring, since three of them include a Ninja and a Wolf Warrior.

Jay's Mech, on the other hand, sounds incredible. Four minifigures in a 10€ set?! With an exclusive hooded villain and Lloyd in the Master robe, who only appears in another 120€ set? Wow.

Buildable Riyu sounds cute, called it that he'll be bigger in the next Season.

The Dragonstone Temple is the most intriguing set of this wave. Both Wu and Garmadon return? Honestly, I kinda hoped we moved on. I hope they won't have a recurring role the next Seasons.

What bugs me most about this wave is that seven (more than half) of the sets have the same minifigure selection — a Ninja and a Wolf Warrior. I hope the Warriors aren't all the same and have some variants.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Jay's Mech, on the other hand, sounds incredible. Four minifigures in a 10€ set?! With an exclusive hooded villain and Lloyd in the Master robe, who only appears in another 120€ set? Wow.

The price for that could be wrong, or whoever saw the set did not realise that some of the Minifigs were from another set; four Minifigs in a $11 set feels unlikely to me. 🫤

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The Dragonstone Temple is the most intriguing set of this wave. Both Wu and Garmadon return? Honestly, I kinda hoped we moved on. I hope they won't have a recurring role the next Seasons.

Wu (in his Core suit) also appeared in the 2023 Destiny's Bounty, despite not appearing in any present-day scenes in the first half of the season; I could see Wu and Garmadon just appearing in flashbacks/visions, or just being added to the set because of their recognisability and popularity. With Lloyd getting a master suit, I suspect that he will take over the role of Sensei in the show going forward. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The price for that could be wrong, or whoever saw the set did not realise that some of the Minifigs were from another set; four Minifigs in a $11 set feels unlikely to me. 🫤

Wu (in his Core suit) also appeared in the 2023 Destiny's Bounty, despite not appearing in any present-day scenes in the first half of the season; I could see Wu and Garmadon just appearing in flashbacks/visions, or just being added to the set because of their recognisability and popularity. With Lloyd getting a master suit, I suspect that he will take over the role of Sensei in the show going forward. 

The price is not wrong. And you can't confuse the amount of minifigures, it's not like the images are mashed together. But since the images were most likely just prelims, I could see them reducing the number of minifigures for the final product tho. I hope it's not the case.

I hope you're right about Wu, maybe the first Season ends with Lloyd becoming a Sensei. Curious about Garmadon tho, they'll probably have to make a new version of him, and I don't know why they'd do it if he didn't have some sort of role in the series.

Unless the Dragonstone Temple itself makes the Ninja see visions / flashbacks.

So I reckon these Wolf guys come from lord Ras's realm, maybe chima. I mean they could also be weirdly coloured tigers like Ras himself?

On 9/8/2023 at 9:13 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Buildable Riyu sounds cute, called it that he'll be bigger in the next Season.

I reckon he'll grow and shrink back down like the dragon from master of the mountain (Chompy?)

To be honest, i would loe to see a teenager Riyu as a molded creature instead of brick-buildable one. But I will gladly accept that

2024 leaks sound promising, dragonstone temple is very unique, I kinda thought the Kai mech would look similar to my moc, but 4 hands sounds very nice! I actually think cinder is a new character, not a mistranslated wyldfyre

I think the same. In the leaks it is mentioned Cinder and Jordana are female but I actually think this is not entirely true. 

I guess Jordana is the red haired girl who works for Dr. La Row but was redeemed by the ninja. 
On the other hand, maybe leakers mistook Cinder for a female because of the hairpiece but what if Cinder is the geckle/munce hybrid guy tha follows Cole? 

I could understand the confusion if that were the case.