THELEGOBATMAN

LEGO Ninjago 2024 Rumours and Discussion

Evil Jay looks so raw. 

Love that minifigure. Looks different, but in a very good way. Interested to see how he's incorporated into the series.

Posted (edited)

Oh wow the new Jay looks really neat. I have to wonder if this is more of just a one-off thing or if all the ninjas will get unique variants with some consistency going forward. I suppose that was already a thing they did for some waves though, so maybe not? 

Edit: Actually looking at the minifigure lists for this upcoming wave again, it looks like we're getting an exclusive Cole and possible Kai too in this wave, so perhaps this is just going to be the new normal. Interesting that there isn't a tournament Jay though.

Edited by Meaf

I've got Lloyd's Elemental Mech on the way, and I love that all the Ninja appear in cheaper sets this year.

Kai and Zane are in Kai's Mech, and Lloyd and Nya are in Lloyd's. Cole and Sora got one each, Jay has the £9 Mech and Arin has his 4+ Mech or the £9 Dragon Gimmick.

All under £25 and all have been 20% off minus Lloyd's Mech.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BlueLanturnCorp said:

I've got Lloyd's Elemental Mech on the way, and I love that all the Ninja appear in cheaper sets this year.

Overall, getting all ninja this year isnt hard, but if you want Climber Versions for example, they only appear in the expensive sets right now, minimum would be Arin's super Overpriced buggy for Cole, then Kai mech for Jay, and then Dojo for Lloyd, Zane, Nya .

Other years had a lot more repeats of Legacy or Core variants, but just this half year there are 4 versions of Kai already.

Edited by TeriXeri

New information about 71814 Tournament Temple City, the 250€ June set, has surfaced.

The build is a dark blue temple with a smaller building on either of its sides. There is a small bridge and also a dragon included.

Around 14 minifigs, including Wu, Lloyd, Wyldfyre, Cole, Zane, Arin, Nya, and five civilians.

The Tournament Temple City from the description appears to be the one featured on the Dragon Stone Shrine, but I feel like that was expected.

The minifigure selection seem to align well with the Tournament arena from the descriptions, since Sora, Kai and Jay would be the only ninja missing in this set. I don't know what to really think about that. I wanted for this set to be an all in one set, so having all the ninja included in it, since the Temple City costs a lot, and you wouldn't want to buy even more sets with that. But now if you want the full ninja team you need to buy a $50 / 38€ set, and you don't even get Ras with that, but I don't really know about that, since that could easily change, since this information is probably from priliminary images.

What I also realised with that is that there are 2 options to get the full ninja team that cost the same price ($300). option 1 - $250 Temple city + $50 arena.

2 - $50 Arena, $150 Source dragon, $10 Zane Bike , $90 Combo vehicle.

Posted (edited)

The first three episodes of S2 are out in German - No spoilers: 
 - The “Ras at Shadow Dojo” clip is the first scene of the season. 
 - The “Social Media Ninja” short is actually part of the first episode. 
 - Nearly all trailer footage is from the first three episodes. 
 - Cinder is formidable even without Shatterspin! 
 - There is seemingly no explanation for where the Wolf Mask warriors came from - The shot of the army (seen in the trailers) is in the first episode. 
 - Cole is absent thus far, so he must have only dropped by the Monastery for a few days before leaving again. 
 - The Elemental Mech shorts are canon, though, as the titular mechs appear in the main series. Lloyd’s has oddly still not shown up, though. 
 - P.I.X.A.L. is definitely returning at some point soon, as we get another name-drop and reference to her being missing. 
 - We get a brief appearance from Percival, so Imperium has not been written out of future seasons/plotlines (considering the quick resolution in S1, I had worried that it was just going to be a minor ‘filler’ villain faction for the first season). 
 - The villains have a good amount of screen time, and the tone of the season is darker than S1 (one scene actually made me wince!). 

Spoilery speculation: 

According to captions translated from German, the Gong of Shattering destroys the good within people and unlocks their dark impulses - Could this be how amnesiac Jay becomes Evil Jay?

On 3/26/2024 at 4:34 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

also a dragon included.

Maybe Rontu? It would be weird if we ended up not getting her. 

On 3/26/2024 at 4:34 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Around 14 minifigs, including Wu, Lloyd, Wyldfyre, Cole, Zane, Arin, Nya, and five civilians.

That feels low for the price, especially since most of the Ninja will likely be reuses from other sets. 🫤

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Not to be a Debbie downer but I'm kind of counting down the days we retire this theme. The last 3 or so waves have been quite lackluster for me, and I feel like this theme has run its course. The newer designs and builds don't resonate with me, and I was unsatisfied with the crystalized wave of sets in particular. From what I hear, the show itself was not particularly well received either. I adore Ninjago and enjoyed its run, but I'm honestly ready for another Action Theme to take its place.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, cosmic said:

Not to be a Debbie downer but I'm kind of counting down the days we retire this theme. The last 3 or so waves have been quite lackluster for me, and I feel like this theme has run its course. The newer designs and builds don't resonate with me, and I was unsatisfied with the crystalized wave of sets in particular. From what I hear, the show itself was not particularly well received either. I adore Ninjago and enjoyed its run, but I'm honestly ready for another Action Theme to take its place.

If you are judging from crystallized, then ig its understandable; the season really was not that great, but Dragons Rising is so much better and while staying true to the original series adds the refresh Ninjago needed, and I do hope the Series continues

Also even though january sets were kinda mech heavy, we are in store for more villain and location based sets, if the Wolf Mask Shadow Dojo (71813) sells well.

Edited by Fire-Ninja

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

I feel as if this is a april fools joke by you, I'm not 100% sure, but this sounds a bit off.

But unrealted to that as an recomendation, I feel that overall saying that you want for a theme to retire is the worst thing you can really say in general. Maybe you could not be a fan of a theme, however there are still many people that love it. I could easily say that Harry Potter should retire, but it's one of the best selling themes, so saying that feels a bit like whining(if you are only looking at it as Lego theme and not for the controversy, which is actually a valid argument).

16 hours ago, cosmic said:

Was this suppsoed to be April fools? Becuase i feel your comment is…harsh. I mean, I get htat Ninjago has been around since 2011. However, Ninjago just has a reboot, known as Dragon Risiing. It’s pretty much a fresh start for this theme. 

On 4/1/2024 at 9:29 PM, Fire-Ninja said:

If you are judging from crystallized, then ig its understandable; the season really was not that great, but Dragons Rising is so much better and while staying true to the original series adds the refresh Ninjago needed, and I do hope the Series continues

Also even though january sets were kinda mech heavy, we are in store for more villain and location based sets, if the Wolf Mask Shadow Dojo (71813) sells well.

So I actually include Dragons Rising in this. The printing on the villains is very busy and besides the 2 new protagonists I just have not been a fan of the new villain tribes. The new character designs feel really busy and ugly imo.

On 4/2/2024 at 12:42 AM, mantax said:

I feel as if this is a april fools joke by you, I'm not 100% sure, but this sounds a bit off.

But unrealted to that as an recomendation, I feel that overall saying that you want for a theme to retire is the worst thing you can really say in general. Maybe you could not be a fan of a theme, however there are still many people that love it. I could easily say that Harry Potter should retire, but it's one of the best selling themes, so saying that feels a bit like whining(if you are only looking at it as Lego theme and not for the controversy, which is actually a valid argument).

So not an April fools joke, as unfortunate as that may sound. I disagree that retiring a theme is the worst you can do. Agents got retired and essentially brought back by Ultra Agents. We had Ninja in the 90's and Ninjago revived the essence of that in 2011. Batman and Spiderman were retired in the early 2000's just to be brought back via Superheroes in 2012. So from my point of view, a retirement is not inherently permanent and can definitely be viewed as temporary. 

On 4/2/2024 at 11:12 AM, Lion King said:

Was this suppsoed to be April fools? Becuase i feel your comment is…harsh. I mean, I get htat Ninjago has been around since 2011. However, Ninjago just has a reboot, known as Dragon Risiing. It’s pretty much a fresh start for this theme. 

I was being serious but let me elaborate some more. Currently, Ninjago, Monkie Kid, and Dreamz are Lego's unlicensed Action Themes. I view the character designs in Dreamzz to be... mostly ugly. I think the blue, green, and grey of the main guy, with the purple and orange of the main girl to be ugly clashing colors. I have not enjoyed the builds besides the Nightmare Ship. Monkie Kid had a glorious first few years but at this point I find the builds to be repetitive and feel its past its peak. I view Ninjago (current) as having the same busy and clashing character designs of Dreamz, with the redundant builds of Monkie Kid. It combines the two worst aspects of their other non Licensed IP's. It may be harsh but I am simply unsatisfied with the current options for non Licensed sets. 

I'm simply unsatisfied with the theme, and felt its run its course. That said, I can admit I was being a bit dramatic and intense with my criticism. in hindsight, I realize I want more unlicensed options and knowing Lego doesn't want too many on at the same time, I recommended we retire this theme to make room for another IP. When in reality, the company can always just add more unlicensed themes like they used to. This theme cohabitated with Alien Conquest, Ultra Agents, Chima, and Hidden Side (all amazing btw). So maybe what I really want is another unlicensed Action Theme to occupy my interest now that its faded with this theme.

And finally, if I really had to retire one theme, I should have chosen Dreamz.  I adored basically every other year of Ninjago except for the last 2 so I will show this theme some grace. But besides the Dream Village, Nightmare Ship, and MAYYBEEE the Sandmans Tower.... I have been very disappointed with the builds and especially the figure designs for that IP. 

8 hours ago, cosmic said:

So I actually include Dragons Rising in this. The printing on the villains is very busy and besides the 2 new protagonists I just have not been a fan of the new villain tribes. The new character designs feel really busy and ugly imo.

So not an April fools joke, as unfortunate as that may sound. I disagree that retiring a theme is the worst you can do. Agents got retired and essentially brought back by Ultra Agents. We had Ninja in the 90's and Ninjago revived the essence of that in 2011. Batman and Spiderman were retired in the early 2000's just to be brought back via Superheroes in 2012. So from my point of view, a retirement is not inherently permanent and can definitely be viewed as temporary. 

You misunderstood my point. I meant that saying that you want a theme to retire, and not a theme retiring. saying that doesn't really give anything new, and it feels just pointless. However just standard criticism is completely fine, like the stuff you said here, with which I completely disagree, but it's just your opinion and I can respect that if you are not pushing it as a fact.

2 hours ago, mantax said:

You misunderstood my point. I meant that saying that you want a theme to retire, and not a theme retiring. saying that doesn't really give anything new, and it feels just pointless. However just standard criticism is completely fine, like the stuff you said here, with which I completely disagree, but it's just your opinion and I can respect that if you are not pushing it as a fact.

Ah I see, my initial wording felt definite and factual rather than opinionated which can be off putting. I realize what I really want is more Action Themes to choose from, or maybe I just want Ninjago to get over this villain faction lol. 

Posted (edited)

Watched Dragons Rising Season 2 P1and oh wow was it PEAK, the choreography, the lore and the suspense were really great and i hope P2 exceeds all of my hopes and expectations

Edited by Fire-Ninja

Haven't enjoyed Ninjago this much since 2018 with Hunted.

The new series is fantastic. Except for the best Ninjago era (Seasons 4–6), I think that the theme has never been better. 

The sets are (mostly) fantastic, and the new villain factions are unique. Imperium is easily one of the best looking ones in the history of this theme imo.

Posted (edited)

Next magazine fig, is a double pack of mech suit Kai ( with the golden hood from the gimmick sets and cinder). Not sure if this for the standard magazine because usually only the legacy mag has the double packs, but then again the characters make more sense for the standard magazine.

Edit- it is the legacy magazine which means a cool tin. I'm trying to a get a tin for each ninja.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Really interesting to see that they aren't cancelling the Legacy magazine, but turning it into another regular Ninjago one.

I guess that means that we'll be getting twice as many Dragons Rising minifigures in magazine, and I'm all for it.

Dragons Rising Season 2 thoughts

Spoiler

Glad the mechs got more uses. Though odd Wyldfire didn't use her new design since she was the only one of the 3 who got it.

Am curious how they will get Kai out of that prison. A blood moon is needed. Unless Jordana can force Egalt and the Sorceress to make another portal spell.

I have to say that season 2 was amazing, even better then s1. I can even place it as one of my favorite seasons of the show. But it was just part 1, so my opinion could change

now for some spoilery stuff:

Spoiler

The only thing that I wasn't the biggest fan of was how the show was switching between 2 plot points. later it made sence, however they could've at least made 1 episode for the training plot, and other for the Bonzle plot. But with that I have to say that both of the plots were interesting and there wasn't one that was visibly weaker.

The stand out character was Bonzle, they really gave so much stuff for her, and she is even going to keep being important for part 2.

I really enjoed the character of the Sorceress, I didn't expect to like her at first, but now I have to say that she was easily my favorite side character.

The villains were great as well. I especially liked the rivary between Cinder and Jordana. Cinder was just introduced out of nowhere without any backstory or motives, but that could be reveald in part 2. But I liked him as a villain with no redeeming features.

The forbidden Five felt kinda underwhelming, The one that escaped (whose name was Nokt based on the credits) felt quite weak, especially after Ras put that device on him. But he was alone, so maybe with the other 4 they could be more of a treat.

The set representation in the show was also great.

The Cole mech was featured in a lot of scenes, and it was really important, The other Elemental mechs were featured in some scenes, but these scenes were enough for them. I thought that the climber mech would only be featured in the scene it was introduced, but it did have plenty of action scenes to show of all of it's features. Arin's buggy was a villain vehicle at first, which you could expect from the color scheme, it also had some scenes to shine. The dragon stone shrine wasn't really important to the main plot, but it at least had some scenes featuring it. None of the villain vehicles were featured in the show, which was kinda lame, like I feel the wolf mech could have easly made an apperance in the final battle.

Some thoughts about the summer sets now that we've seen part 1

In complete honesty, I haven't watched the season (haven't even watched DR season 1, just not very interested right now) but I saw some spoilers on Instagram and elsewhere. Given Nokt's design, it seems obvious we're getting him in a summer set, right? But which one? The only set we don't know the figures for is Cole's mech, but I could also see him being in the combo vehicle (unknown general?) or the dragon (confused for Ra's master?). I have no interest in the combo vehicle, so hopefully it's one of the other two.

I also wonder how feasible getting the other 4 is. It's quite the coincidence that the only member of the five who escapes is one of the only 2 who use an existing piece for their headgear, right? But we only know of 5 new molds for the wave so far (ninja shoulder pad, trans red claws, source dragon spirit, new dragon head and horns) so it isn't impossible we get 2 more for the rest of them. But where would they show up? Cole's mech? Sure, the Samurai X mech had 6 exclusive figs, but that's probably a one-off thing. I guess the answer is probably not at all then, which is a shame given what a big deal they seem to be...

Yesterday I finished Dragons Rising season 2 part 1 and came up with a theory regarding Ras's master.

Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

We see how Ras communicates with his master in a similar way to how Lloyd has visions and talks with the Source Dragons. The interesting part is that with Ras, the screen lights up in a golden color and this reminded me of those old concept art where a mysterious character appears surrounded by golden objects known as the Gold Collector. I leave the images below:

matt-betteker-ninjago2021-conceptart-gol

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ninjago/images/b/b4/SATW_347.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20240328222425

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ninjago/images/7/7a/SATW_345.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20240328222414

My theory is that Ras master is an entity similar to the Gold Collector being the source of the golden power that opposes the source dragons. If golden power was a separate source from the source dragons, it would make sense that the Overlord would be able to use golden power and not die or get hurt like the Oni.

Another thing I noticed is in the concept art titled Dawn of the Devourers. It is interesting that there are five characters who appear riding the Devourers, so perhaps the writers used the idea of that concept art to make the Forbidden Five.

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/046/776/981/large/matt-betteker-ninjago2021-conceptart-dawnofthedevourers.jpg?1645968916

honestly, i think the source dragon corresponding to the 7th gold and grey symbol is ras's master, source dragon of balance?

Honestly my theory, given how many times it’s mentioned by Ras, (not really spoilers) the source dragon of strength seems a likely candidate. An evil source dragon would be so cool.