THELEGOBATMAN

LEGO Ninjago 2024 Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

See I thought we'd probably be getting Nokt and maybe the rest of the forbidden 5 in this wave, it was rumoured that we'd see more unknown figs in the cole set but I guess that's not to be.

Maybe that means that the forbidden 5 storyline will continue into next year? 

I definitely hope so. It would be a bummer if they tied up such an interesting storyline in the remaining episodes and we never got any of the minifigures.

Looking at Cole's mech more, I realize that it's setting a brand-new record for articulation in large mechs. Not only does it have ankle, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, and wrist articulation, but it looks like both the thigh and upper arm can "twist" along their axis, allowing for even more poses.

The kneepads are also interesting since they look like they slide up and down as the knees bend, to allow for better coverage of the knee joint.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Looking at Cole's mech more, I realize that it's setting a brand-new record for articulation in large mechs. Not only does it have ankle, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, and wrist articulation, but it looks like both the thigh and upper arm can "twist" along their axis, allowing for even more poses.

The kneepads are also interesting since they look like they slide up and down as the knees bend, to allow for better coverage of the knee joint.

Only think missing is a waist joint and ab crunch. Which could be modded in.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Only think missing is a waist joint and ab crunch. Which could be modded in.

It has a waist join though, look at the box art and out of box pic. I'm hoping it's built like Loyd's team mech from last year with this part in the waist (https://brickset.com/parts/6365679/flex-joint-female-w-dia-4-85-snap) which would functionally give it an ab crunch. Also, the elbows appear to be double jointed, so it can bend more than 90 degrees too.

Edited by The_Fiery_Rooster

Can’t wait to see what RansomFern thinks of this mech. Hoping the source dragon and ice bike get revealed soon. I’m expecting a later reveal of the tournament temple city, which sounds like it’s not gonna be the picture in the dragon stone shrine now. 

21 minutes ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

It has a waist join though, look at the box art and out of box pic. I'm hoping it's built like Loyd's team mech from last year with this part in the waist (https://brickset.com/parts/6365679/flex-joint-female-w-dia-4-85-snap) which would functionally give it an ab crunch. Also, the elbows appear to be double jointed, so it can bend more than 90 degrees too.

Oh yea totally. And even if not. It should be an easy mod to replace the waist with that part for a waist + ab crunch. 
I do also hope the wings are poseable. 

These are pretty cool! The combo vehicle is a bit lacking I think especially for the price but still alright, and the arena is pretty good overall. The mech is obviously the show stealer though, the amount of articulation on a mech that huge and richly detailed is insane. The online reason I might skip it is because I already have a ton of mechs and if we are going to be getting more mechs like this then I might rather wait and see if a ninja I like better is getting one (no shade to Cole he's just not as much my favorite as some of the others). On the other hand though it doesn't look especially Cole-themed, which I know might disappoint some people but is kind of preferable for me? If the Source Dragon isn't impressing me I'll probably get the mech this year, if not I might hold off until next year and see how things look.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

How would you rank the Titan Mechs we got thus far? For me it's:

I don't actually own any of them but in terms of looks itd be 

4- Zane, 3- Cole, 2 - Jay, 1 - Lloyd.

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

We not counting Nya's Samurai Mech from Crystalized?

A big ninjago mech to be a titan mech should have titan in the set name and it also should feature a ninja's color scheme mixed with white. 

2 hours ago, mantax said:

A big ninjago mech to be a titan mech should have titan in the set name and it also should feature a ninja's color scheme mixed with white. 

I believe it was actually considered to be a Titan mech by the designers before they were told it was a Sam-x mech so honestly it’s in a bit of a grey area for me. I’m calling it Nyas Titan mech until we get an official one that is fully specified to be a Titan mech. 

After having more time to think about the sets, I have to say that the Ninja team combo vehicle is my favorite set so far. The main thing that I like about it is the fact that it is so different to the previous Ultra Sonic raider type sets. Overall the vehicle is quite unique in a great way, that is mainly because of the Lloyd vehicle. The bikes actually look great detached, that Nya one could just easly work as a bike for Zane. The minifigure selection is also great with 3 tournament ninja being only here and in the $250 Temple City. The only thing that's bad about it is the price, I could see it being a $60-75 set at max, but if I find it for less then $80 I think I'd get it.

Also there's a fun detail, that in the minifigure selection on top of the box the Wolf mask general is holding on to the Nya bike with just one hand. That's even better then Riyu punching that Wolf mask warrior, in that Young dragon Riyu set. I absolutely love when they have fun with the renders.

The Cole mech is really great, easly the best build from the 3 sets revealed no competition there, but that's the only thing this set has. If I was a huge fan of the design of the Cole figure, I'd be more into getting it, but I'm not into the design of that. I would need to see more images to be really sure if I'd get it or not. like a comparison with the previous big ninjago mechs, or to see how the posability works on video.

I'm not really the biggest fan of the Arena. The design just doesn't really speak to my tase that much, it does have great minifigures and fun play features. But the ninjago magazine exists, so some of them could be available there, and I'm not really someone to buy a set just for the minifigures.

I also expect that some of my opinions could change a bit when we get a more official reveal and some reviews of the sets, and also when the other sets get reveald.

12 hours ago, mantax said:

I agree, I wouldn’t consider this a Titan mech. But I also don’t know how likely we are to get another large-scale mech for Nya anytime soon. I guess by 2026 it will have been four years, so it won’t be that close to prevent a new one. 

After Kai and Nya, I’d like to see titan mechs for Wu and the new team! 

23 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

I agree, I wouldn’t consider this a Titan mech. But I also don’t know how likely we are to get another large-scale mech for Nya anytime soon. I guess by 2026 it will have been four years, so it won’t be that close to prevent a new one. 

After Kai and Nya, I’d like to see titan mechs for Wu and the new team! 

A nya and new team’s titan mechs would be sooooooo good

Set pics are out. Good god what a dragon. 

It is everything I could have asked for. Crazy size, awesome figs (Ras looks nuts) and the saddle is huge hahaha. Wonder if the motion dragon really is Ras’s master. The climbing hooks for horns is amazing. God the wings too. I haven’t seen the ice bike yet. Arin being locked behind this set at that price tho is my only complaint/concern. What a beautiful set. 

Seen the ice bike… what a contrast. It looks hideous haha. Guess it’s good for parts, more crystalized blades. Shame there’s not an extra wolf mask dude, they’re really skimping out this wave. Not a fan of that. 

Dragon is megabased, love that it can be classified as both villain and hero set
Bike is fine
Spoiler:

Spoiler

Golden Echo Zane and new Mr. Pale goes crazy

The source dragon looks amazing, It's got a lot of bulk and heft to it, ends up putting the Golden Ultra Dragon to shame. Absolutely love that Ras seems to be controlling the dragon using the gong, it makes for an awesome 'final battle' of sorts. The giant size of the saddle makes it even better, makes me think of the mounted elephants from LOTR. Super happy to see that Ras has arm printing, surprised by how much blue the outfit has though. Also, it seems Nokt and the other forbidden five don't appear at all in these sets, which is a shame, but given their quality, I'm not too sad about that. Only thing I'm worried about is its stability, the Golden Ultra Dragon is prone to falling over due to the lack of traction between the feet and the floor, so hopefully they fixed that here.

The bike is fine, I'm just sad that there isn't a wolf warrior included. I hoped it would be an easy way to get another set of those awesome claws, but nope.

Do wonder. Is Ras controlling the source dragon. Or is the Source dragon of Motion his master?

2 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Do wonder. Is Ras controlling the source dragon. Or is the Source dragon of Motion his master?

I think Ras is controlling the dragon. because the back of the box shows him without the saddle hanging out with the ninja.

I noticed that this set is also labeled 12+, but doesn't seem as display oriented as the mech at the same age range. Maybe because it's such a big and detailed set? I'm so torn on whether to pick this up or the mech, don't think I can justify getting both right away.

The temple city looks pretty amazing at first glance. Definitely need to see the other side and how deep it is though. Whilst it may look good from the front, too many Ninjago sets lack the depth they need. And I wonder how this will look compared to the Temple of Airjitsu? Will it seem small and less detailed, or hold up well. Hmmm...

My god, that dragon is amazing!! The Tournament Temple City is exquisite! Wow!! 
First look at Jordana, as well; I like that she and Cinder now have different outfits. BTW, the gold robot-looking figure is not Echo Zane; his name looks like “Temple ____”.