Sign in to follow this  
Clickseffect

Experienced moc designers here for hire?

Are there any experienced moc designers here for hire?

I'm looking to create a few technic models using GoBricks blocks. I have a few concepts i'd work on. Concepts will use lights, engine and servi like some of the GoBricks/ Mould King models.

Need exclusivity on the designs.

Just now, Zerobricks said:

So... You're looking for someone to design models for so, so you can resell the designs forward? 

No. Sell the models/kits/sets.

Uhm, what do you want to make? And how many are you willing to pay for that?

Edited by M_longer

54 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

250px-Do_it_yourself,_you_lazy_ass.png

When you're a beginner you let the experts do it :)

1 hour ago, M_longer said:

Uhm, what do you want to make? And how many are you willing to pay for that?

I currently have to concepts: An off-roader and semi-trailer. 1:18 scale. RC.

Depends on the offer. Would love to know if there are any here that have done this in the past...

Edited by Clickseffect

23 minutes ago, Clickseffect said:

I currently have to concepts: An off-roader and semi-trailer. 1:8 scale. RC.

Depends on the offer. Would love to know if there are any here that have done this in the past...

Ignore some of the less tasteful comments/posts from others.  If you truly are interested folks here can be a good resource.  

in short, there are folks I am sure you could find that would help you build a MOC design for a price.  A popular builder on this site is @Jeroen Ottens's, and here is a link to his site. 

https://jeroenottens.com/

However, buyer beware, he charges tens of thousands of dollars (USD) for a MOC (that is not a critique, that is just the cost - very friendly guy) and I am sure you will be met with similar prices for qualified builders.  Building a MOC another has designed, or designing it from scratch is a laborious and time-intensive process.  I might suggest another direction if those costs do not fit your budget.  

Have you done your own research on MOCing?  There are many, many designs and great builds already available online.  Have you seen rebrickable.com?  There is a healthy AFOL and MOCing community out there, I suggest you first start by doing a lot of research on your own which will help you formulate better informed, more specific questions which you can then put out to the community.  

Edited by nerdsforprez

9 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Ignore some of the less tasteful comments/posts from others.  If you truly are interested folks here can be a good resource.  

in short, there are folks I am sure you could find that would help you build a MOC design for a price.  A popular builder on this site is @Jeroen Ottens's, and here is a link to his site. 

https://jeroenottens.com/

However, buyer beware, he charges tens of thousands of dollars (USD) for a MOC (that is not a critique, that is just the cost - very friendly guy) and I am sure you will be met with similar prices for qualified builders.  Building a MOC another has designed, or designing it from scratch is a laborious and time-intensive process.  I might suggest another direction if those costs do not fit your budget.  

Have you done your own research on MOCing?  There are many, many designs and great builds already available online.  Have you seen rebrickable.com?  There is a healthy AFOL and MOCing community out there, I suggest you first start by doing a lot of research on your own which will help you formulate better informed, more specific questions which you can then put out to the community.  

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Making a MOC worth selling can take tens of thousands of hours, at a technical designers hourly rate, what do you think it would cost?

32 minutes ago, Clickseffect said:

I currently have to concepts: An off-roader and semi-trailer. 1:8 scale. RC.

1:8 scale offroader and semi trailer? Those sound like really massive projects, I can't even imagine a 1:8 scale semi with original LEGO wheels and tyres. A 1:8 scale offroader is easily some 6000+ pieces, while a semi... Tens of thousands, especially with a trailer. 

5 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

1:8 scale offroader and semi trailer? Those sound like really massive projects, I can't even imagine a 1:8 scale semi with original LEGO wheels and tyres. A 1:8 scale offroader is easily some 6000+ pieces, while a semi... Tens of thousands, especially with a trailer. 

Typo. Missed a 1 :).  1:18.

7 minutes ago, allanp said:

tens of thousands of hours

5+ years of full-time work, 40 hours a week?  Almost no vacation?   I don't know a single MOC that has taken that long.... :wink:

Edited by nerdsforprez

2 minutes ago, Clickseffect said:

Typo. Missed a 1 :).  1:18.

So both in same, 1:18 scale. Are they suppose to be representations of real, existing vehicles or totally own design? 

What functions and features would they have? 

Whats the part limit for each? 

27 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Ignore some of the less tasteful comments/posts from others.

Slow your roll, the OP got the joke.

@Clickseffect I know you're a beginner but trying stuff out yourself really is the best way to begin.

You might be surprised at what you can do.

Edited by Maaboo35

16 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Take your own advice. 

I did not single anyone out whereas apparently you have.  And just because the OP decided to respond maturely I am not sure this constitutes "getting the joke."  BTW.. what exactly was the "joke".  Calling the OP lazy (someone is a brand-new member), or an A#$?   Or was it the cartoon, or... ??? :hmpf_bad:  Trying to find any possible angle where this could have been interpreted as comical.  It truly is a strain.  

Rebranding your post as a "joke" is not fooling anyone..... 

Edited by nerdsforprez

2 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Take your own advice. 

I did not single anyone out whereas apparently you have.  And just because the OP decided to respond maturely I am not sure this constitutes "getting the joke."  BTW.. what exactly was the "joke".  Calling the OP lazy (someone is a brand-new member), or the cartoon, or... ??? :hmpf_bad:

Rebranding your post as a "joke" is not fooling anyone..... 

No, it was definitely a joke. A little risky, sure, but I never meant to cause any offence. If I have, then @Clickseffect, I apologise.

22 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

5+ years of full-time work, 40 hours a week?  Almost no vacation?   I don't know a single MOC that has taken that long.... :wink:

Ah yes, I was thinking of tens of thousands of dollars and got confused :laugh:

15 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

So both in same, 1:18 scale. Are they suppose to be representations of real, existing vehicles or totally own design? 

What functions and features would they have? 

Whats the part limit for each? 

Own concept. Can't go with existing stuff. I'll stay away from brand names.

The main functions will be RC possibility, lights, opening doors, opening engine hood... I can go into details in private.

2000-3000 pieces each unit.

Just now, allanp said:

Ah yes, I was thinking of tens of thousands of dollars and got confused :laugh:

But what a MOC that would be!   :laugh:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  I thought as much.  But the point stands.   Creating a MOC is truly a long, lengthy process. 

17 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

@Clickseffect I know you're a beginner but trying stuff out yourself really is the best way to begin.

You might be surprised at what you can do.

I totally agree. However that will slow things down. Of course it can be done in parallel but if my intention is to get this into production...

5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

No, it was definitely a joke. A little risky, sure, but I never meant to cause any offence. If I have, then @Clickseffect, I apologise.

No worries.

So let me get this right …

You have an idea for a set

But you want someone else to turn it into reality

You’ll pay them for their time

But then you’ll sell this as a set on a reseller site to profit from it?

Doesn’t feel right to me … and I’m not sure if this is a conversation for this site … @Milan @Jim

57 minutes ago, Seasider said:

So let me get this right …

You have an idea for a set

But you want someone else to turn it into reality

You’ll pay them for their time

But then you’ll sell this as a set on a reseller site to profit from it?

Doesn’t feel right to me … and I’m not sure if this is a conversation for this site … @Milan @Jim

Not sure about a reseller site, but my own site for sure. As my own brand.

Why not look at rebrickable or search the web for Lego mocs. Then contact the designer if you find something that is close to your requirements or even meets them. There is a lot out there and some might be willing to adjust their moc for your needs and work with you.

6 minutes ago, m2fel said:

Why not look at rebrickable or search the web for Lego mocs. Then contact the designer if you find something that is close to your requirements or even meets them. There is a lot out there and some might be willing to adjust their moc for your needs and work with you.

Thanks for bringing that up. I did notice some Mould King designs designed by some talented designers.

We try not to endorse other brands on the Technic forum, so we'll move this to the community section, where such discussion is okay.