Rui Miguel

[MOC] - 25 Years of Adventure Cat. C - 5926 Desert Secrets (Adventurers Product Concept)

Celebrating 25 Years of Adventure
Category C

J4wdaui.jpg

5926 Desert Secrets (Product Concept)

By Rui Miguel

“At last Sinister! The lost treasures of Princess Anut are in our grasp!” – Baron Von Barron

5926 Desert Secrets is the first chapter of a new journey on the Classic LEGO Adventurers theme. Our favorite villain duo: Baron Von Barron and Sam Sinister have located the mystic shrine statue which is believed to unveil a secret map with the locations of Princess Anut's treasures. These artifacts can bring fantastic power to those who acquire, but be careful with what you discover, Adventurer… Some artifacts come with a terrible curse.

yCWlPkX.jpg

2DBLVY4.jpg

zhRb3QV.jpg

MjjQFcv.jpg

vt78iPA.jpg

pURbzPc.jpg

XNQOCbz.jpg

Features:

- 172 pcs/pzs

- Interactive Puzzle Model Build

- 2x Minifigures (Baron Von Barron and Sam Sinister)

- Playable Ural Motorcycle

Behind the Adventure

Chapter I

I surely can’t be the only one who misses the Adventurers theme. I can’t tell you the number of times I played with my Johnny Thunder sets back in the day and still do sometimes. When I was a kid I always played with Johnny as mix between Indiana Jones meets Rick O'Connell meets "Crocodile" Dundee. When I saw the contest with the guidelines and the design process I do with my MOCs, I felt this could be a great opportunity to explore the simple, yet complex idea of: What if the Adventurers theme came back, what could that look like?

It's not only celebrating 25 years of Adventure, but also 25 years of MOCs in the making by so many fellow AFOLs and TFOLs so for me to make this concept right I also needed to have in mind that I would not only be designing my vision of Johnny Thunder, but also make sure to get, as much as possible, everyone’s vision in that process too.

I wrote down a small crazy draft of a story, in which later served as my blueprint for this set and my other entry. I was very careful reinventing the characters' design; I wanted them feel new and yet respecting and preserving what made their look iconic.

Below I show in more detail the physical prototype I built before doing the digital color test.

CxO3sVH.jpg

View here 5926 Prototype action in hand

Here is a detailed look at the graphic design on the characters Baron Von Barron and Sam Sinister as well a closer look at the printed/stickers elements.

6MPt9F2.jpg

And that’s all for this chapter! :D I put a lot of heart into this project, hope you enjoyed my work, thank you for viewing it. Feel free to comment or add any ideas of what you would like to see in a new chapter of Adventurers.

If you haven't already, go visit my other Adventurers concept: The Cursed Race which is a follow-up to this story.

This is a great little build but the presentation--especially the designs of those stickers and wall paintings--really sets it apart!  Very cool stuff.

50 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

This is a great little build but the presentation--especially the designs of those stickers and wall paintings--really sets it apart!  Very cool stuff.

Thank you :) A cool detail I didn't mention in regard to the hieroglyphs I created an entire alphabet and it's another point of this set was to decipher the hidden message. The panel piece with the sleeping Mummy's face warns about the curse. And the panel where you can see the gem has the hieroglyphs highlighting with the location of where the gem can be found connecting to The Cursed Race :) Then the panel with the scarab beetles reveals the key to unlocking the map's mechanism. 

I always loved the high details of printed parts of the original sets and the interactive play of the boobytraps. 

2 hours ago, Rui Miguel said:

A cool detail I didn't mention in regard to the hieroglyphs I created an entire alphabet and it's another point of this set was to decipher the hidden message.

That's epic!  You really had fun with this and it shows!

8 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

That's epic!  You really had fun with this and it shows!

Yes absolutely. This project is getting a very warm reception amongst fans and I have more chapters to tell in this new Adventurers journey, (the map print teases a little). I feel responsible now to continue the adventure. Let's see where it goes :classic:

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Where can i buy these sets? :laugh:

This wave of sets is so good already and the presentation is perfect!

Hahaha :laugh:, Thank you! I wish could say it in your nearest LEGO shop, but unfortunately, this is the curse of some of my projects have :pir-cry_sad:  

Edited by Rui Miguel

8 minutes ago, Rui Miguel said:

Hahaha :laugh:, Thank you! I wish could say it in your nearest LEGO shop, but unfortunately, this is the curse of some of my projects have :pir-cry_sad:  

Some? That means other sets are in the shops? :wink:

37 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Some? That means other sets are in the shops? :wink:

I wish but no :pir-laugh: I have other projects that you can build them entirely, play and display. Follow this link it will show you https://linktr.ee/ruimiguel8722 I'm planning to open a Rebrickable page in the future since it's more accessible to fans.

On 8/9/2023 at 8:36 PM, Rui Miguel said:

yCWlPkX.jpg

I just caught a glimpse of this wonderful presentation in a social media story and immediately assumed The LEGO Group were officially releasing another Adventurers set, complete with vintage style box artwork.

I immediately Googled the set number and taken right back to Eurobricks.

I must say I am thoroughly impressed with graphic design skills!

18 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

I just caught a glimpse of this wonderful presentation in a social media story and immediately assumed The LEGO Group were officially releasing another Adventurers set, complete with vintage style box artwork.

I immediately Googled the set number and taken right back to Eurobricks.

I must say I am thoroughly impressed with graphic design skills!

@Mister Phes Thank you so much for reaching out and for your recognition :pir-triumph: I had a blast making this project and I will definitely continue in the future what I started here! 
I'm making something cool for the mini Pirate sets contest as well. It's going to be a small treat, but I'm hoping Pirate fans will love it. Working with a 50-piece limit is a fun building challenge and envisioning those releases from the 80s and 90s to what could look like today is one of the things I love about LEGO design. 

Just an amazing reinterpretation of the original. The original was my first adventurers set so this one just hits right on that same spot 

On 8/12/2023 at 9:59 PM, Rui Miguel said:

I'm making something cool for the mini Pirate sets contest as well. It's going to be a small treat, but I'm hoping Pirate fans will love it. Working with a 50-piece limit is a fun building challenge and envisioning those releases from the 80s and 90s to what could look like today is one of the things I love about LEGO design. 

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

We also added second and third place prizes to the Main Building Category... so maybe that be an inspiration if you want to build something slightly larger. :pir-grin:

On 8/13/2023 at 2:49 PM, Fraunces said:

Just an amazing reinterpretation of the original. The original was my first adventurers set so this one just hits right on that same spot 

That's awesome :excited: I still remember when I first got my Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins, 5988 :wub:

On 8/13/2023 at 4:01 PM, Mister Phes said:

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

We also added second and third place prizes to the Main Building Category... so maybe that be an inspiration if you want to build something slightly larger. :pir-grin:

Thank you for your enthusiasm @Mister Phes  Today I got an update and I'm sure now that I most definitely won't make the contest deadline of submitting. The good news is if everything goes well by the middle or end of September I will post it all. Although they are mini-builds it takes some time to get that extra mile and with this pirates project I want to give something fun to every pirate fan to build at home :pir-huzzah2: 

10 hours ago, Rui Miguel said:

Although they are mini-builds it takes some time to get that extra mile and with this pirates project I want to give something fun to every pirate fan to build at home :pir-huzzah2: 

They will be worth the wait!

I really like the play feature you've got in this set, and of course the presentation is outstanding.  Stickers/print designs are gorgeous too!

On 8/16/2023 at 11:19 PM, mrcp6d said:

I really like the play feature you've got in this set, and of course the presentation is outstanding.  Stickers/print designs are gorgeous too!

Thank you @mrcp6d I'm glad you like them :excited: