Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 25. Rumors and discussion

I wonder if they will continue using QR code for net CMF series (Series 26 and unknown series)? Or they change thier plans like adding tiny printed number on front (“1”, “2”, “3”) or installing Braille code. Or whatever it is. 

17 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I wonder if they will continue using QR code for net CMF series (Series 26 and unknown series)? Or they change thier plans like adding tiny printed number on front (“1”, “2”, “3”) or installing Braille code. Or whatever it is. 

Not sure what the timescale or practicalities are with introducing Braille, or how it’s going to work. Would assume though that any Braille markings would need to be separate from Barcode or QR Matric code, so as to make them flat and readable. 

Remember they used to have the ‘bump’ code on the bottom of CMF plastic packets? That was pretty poorly done, and very inconsistent 

54 minutes ago, williejm said:

Not sure what the timescale or practicalities are with introducing Braille, or how it’s going to work. Would assume though that any Braille markings would need to be separate from Barcode or QR Matric code, so as to make them flat and readable. 

Remember they used to have the ‘bump’ code on the bottom of CMF plastic packets? That was pretty poorly done, and very inconsistent 

Agreed with you on keeping barcode n QR code more flat and readable. Adding Braille code is little tricky but not impossible. 

i would imagine myself putting cells on upper-right corner of the blind box, just above “Series XX”. Or… lower-right corner would be great. Either way, Ii would tell you which minifigure what is in that box if Lego no longer does barcode or QR code. You know, a tiny QR code is difficult to be scanned? 

Paper is very easy to punch dots but thin plastic (like blind bag) is….weak and easily flexible. 

7 hours ago, Lion King said:

Agreed with you on keeping barcode n QR code more flat and readable. Adding Braille code is little tricky but not impossible. 

i would imagine myself putting cells on upper-right corner of the blind box, just above “Series XX”. Or… lower-right corner would be great. Either way, Ii would tell you which minifigure what is in that box if Lego no longer does barcode or QR code. You know, a tiny QR code is difficult to be scanned? 

Paper is very easy to punch dots but thin plastic (like blind bag) is….weak and easily flexible. 

I actually think it would be wonderful if the AFOL community at large ended up learning some Braille so as to identify CMFs!

19 hours ago, williejm said:

Get the Bricksearch app to scan the matrix codes. It’s a game changer! 

Yep as I've previously said in this topic, all CMF Australia-wide appear to only have the small codes at the moment, which don't have enough info in them to identify the Minifigures.

Luckily I was in the US when the series came out, and got two others I wanted via scanning the larger codes.

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Yep as I've previously said in this topic, all CMF Australia-wide appear to only have the small codes at the moment, which don't have enough info in them to identify the Minifigures.

Luckily I was in the US when the series came out, and got two others I wanted via scanning the larger codes.

Ah sorry. Missed that crucial detail. 
when series 2 came out I was in the States and got a bunch of them, sussed out the barcodes (remember those!) then totally had to work out a different set of barcodes when I came back to the U.K. … thought I was being clever 🫠

10 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I've had some luck with weighing them almost all of the ones i've encountered have had the small codes.  Basil and the Goatherd are similar in weights so for me it's a win win as I am a fantasy/castle guy.  I was only able to find One Mushroom sprite so far, I would like to get a couple more.  I have 5 batlords, 2 barbarians, 13 goatherds.  My youngest also got a batlord and goatherd.  I really like the Dreamzzz sword from the Barbarian.  I have the 2 versions from Dreamzzz also it's a very nice piece.  Trying to build a Fright Knight army with the Knight cmf too of which I have 16 of them but I've switched out the head as I didn't like the look of it.  

12 hours ago, williejm said:

when series 2 came out I was in the States and got a bunch of them, sussed out the barcodes (remember those!) then totally had to work out a different set of barcodes when I came back to the U.K. … thought I was being clever 🫠

I don't think I ever knew there were regional differences in the barcodes! But I do remember going to a store with I think a printout guide and getting my Spartan and surfer that way. Probably should've bought more than one, but I've almost never been someone to buy more than one of anything...

I also one time found Series 4, with the bump codes, on big mark down at a Target, so I bought a whole bunch just checking that none of the bumps matched each other, to ensure no duplicates.

It's amazing how many different methods we've been through to identify the figures, though feeling was my tried and true method for so many years. I think I only ever made two mistakes, and one was for Series 1, so I hardly blame myself.

5 hours ago, zoth33 said:

I've had some luck with weighing them almost all of the ones i've encountered have had the small codes.  Basil and the Goatherd are similar in weights so for me it's a win win as I am a fantasy/castle guy.

Yeah it's lucky those are similar weights, and more than all the rest besides the train kid, or I wouldn't have been able to weigh them with my kitchen scale that rounds to the nearest gram. I might also try for the Barbarian since she's lighter than all the rest.

I didn't feel like investing in an accurate milligram scale just for the purposes of weighing minifigures...

On 2/11/2024 at 2:26 AM, Clone OPatra said:

I don't think I ever knew there were regional differences in the barcodes! But I do remember going to a store with I think a printout guide and getting my Spartan and surfer that way. Probably should've bought more than one, but I've almost never been someone to buy more than one of anything...

The Spartan though 🩶 An early massive peak of the CMFs. Surprised it hasn’t been revisited somehow (other than the helmet showing up in Atlantis & that one ToysRUs Batman figure)

Managed to get 7 random figures at a discount on Amazon (Europe), boxes with small and big QR codes.

Checked them online with the numbers given on https://cmfs.app/en/cmf/predict/. All but one were exact hits.

You can contribute to the database too.

On 2/13/2024 at 1:47 PM, williejm said:

The Spartan though 🩶 An early massive peak of the CMFs. Surprised it hasn’t been revisited somehow (other than the helmet showing up in Atlantis & that one ToysRUs Batman figure)

I'd love to see the Greek (and Roman) helmets again. I have only the Spartan torsos from the Lego BAM tower.

Yesterday I went to the local Lego store, which recently switched store operator company, and finally the PaB bricks, BaM minifigs and the Series 25 minifigs all arrived. There were about 100 Series 25 boxes, and I felt lucky to finally collect a goatherd. There must be at least one in such a pile, right? Well, no. No goatherd, no vampire knight and only one single barbarian, which I already have. Maybe the triceratops guy was somewhat underrepresented in the pile, but the rest 8 minifigs seem to care noone.

Other interesting thing I faced, that the QR codes have changed, and does not match the list presented on Jay's blog, and also here few pages earlier. The codes look like

****901 350S3 ******* ******

****903 250S3 ******* ******

and so on. It seems codes changed at week 50. Others used Brick Search app to identify minifigs, which could recognize these new codes too. So I tried it too. It works, however I don't like it, because it was slow. It does not display the numbers, but downloads an image, which requires internet connectiion, and I has a limited one on my phone. However others weren't faster than me, so maybe the app or the serves was slow.

So the question is: do someone know where to find the new codes? Because using the simple scanner on my mobile, and identifying the numbers myself was faster, than the app. (And does not consumes my limited net)

On 2/24/2024 at 10:46 AM, kodlovag said:

****901 350S3 ******* ******

****903 250S3 ******* ******

OK, I found out that these are the Denmark codes, which differs from both US and EU codes. One more number to learn, and I can use my good old scanner, and don't need the app

39 minutes ago, kodlovag said:

OK, I found out that these are the Denmark codes, which differs from both US and EU codes. One more number to learn, and I can use my good old scanner, and don't need the app

The so called Denmark codes is because they come in another box, namely the "tower box". We have them in some stores in Norway as well and I assume that is the case with your boxses as well?

18 minutes ago, kodlovag said:

In fact those codes were reported in Jay's blog, but in the comments section :)

There is a free native app which is available on both iPhone and Android. It is named "Minifig Scan" and it can recognise in realtime the 3 knows groups of codes.

Disclaimer : I made this app, more info here : https://pacolabs.com/MinifigScan/

Posted (edited)
On 2/26/2024 at 3:44 PM, Paco_777 said:

There is a free native app which is available on both iPhone and Android. It is named "Minifig Scan" and it can recognise in realtime the 3 knows groups of codes.

Disclaimer : I made this app, more info here : https://pacolabs.com/MinifigScan/

I tried your app today and it worked great. I got the figures I wanted and your app was by far the fastest. Thanks for creating it. 

Edited by mcbbvb

2 hours ago, mcbbvb said:

I tried your app today and it worked great. I got the figures I wanted and your app was by far the fastest. Thanks for creating it. 

Thank you!
Hopefully LEGO will provide this kind of big data codes for their upcoming series, so the app will continue to be useful :)

On 2/26/2024 at 6:44 AM, Paco_777 said:

Tried it and it worked wonderfully. Fast too. The other has been working much slower and dome times just doesn't load the scan.

Posted (edited)

I understand this thread is nearly inactive as Series 26 Spce is coming up in May but I want to throw my thoughts out here.

I. Just go the last four minifigures to complete my collection - harpy, train costume kid, mushroom sprite and fierece barbarian. 

I really like train costume,, mushroom sprite, and barbarian. But Harpy is ehhhh when i hold her in my hands. I feel like she is cheap… nothing new about her as I see. I do wish TLG could make new spreading winged arms following Mat Bat and Vampire Batminifigures’ arm molds. And her legs should have new claws, just like skeleton does have. I think I prefer @Robert8’s Harpy from his  CMF Ideas over this “meh” offical one. 

Train Costume Kid is very cute to have! Nothing to say. Same thing for mushroom sprite. 

Fierce barbarian is pretty cool - her red hair, her tough facial expression and that cool sword (i think the sword was. Introduced in Dreamzzz). But I kinda wish she could have a shield or something . 

Edited by Lion King

On 4/5/2024 at 1:47 PM, Lion King said:

I really like train costume,, mushroom sprite, and barbarian. But Harpy is ehhhh when i hold her in my hands. I feel like she is cheap… nothing new about her as I see. I do wish TLG could make new spreading winged arms following Mat Bat and Vampire Batminifigures’ arm molds. And her legs should have new claws, just like skeleton does have. I think I prefer @Robert8’s Harpy from his  CMF Ideas over this “meh” offical one. 

:thumbup::purrr:

I feel the color scheme of the Harpy is so odd...