Klaus-Dieter

2024 Friends sets

Hello everybody! :classic:

Here's a list of the Friends sets (translated by me from German into English) being released in January 2024:

42634 Horse and Pony Trailer - 20 Euro

42633 Hotdog Truck - 20 Euro

42632 Farm Animal Clinic - 30 Euro

42621 Heartlake City Hospital - 100 Euro

42620 Olly's and Paisley's Family Home - 100 Euro

42619 Popstar Tour Bus - 85 Euro

42617 Medical Station For Farm Animals - 55 Euro

42616 Talent Show in Heartlake City - 65 Euro

42614 Vintage Fashion Boutique - 40 Euro

42612 Adventures At The Cats Playground - 10 Euro

42610 Karaoke Party - 20 Euro

42609 Electric Car With Loading Station - 15 Euro

42608 Mini Boutique - 10 Euro

42607 Autum's Calf Stable - 10 Euro

42606 Rolling Café - 10 Euro

42605 Mars Base With Rocket - 90 Euro

42604 Heartlake City Department Store - 120 Euro

42603 Stargazing Camping Mobile - 30 Euro

If Lego keeps holding the houses in the Friends theme less pink and violet - like they did with many this year - I'm looking forward to the family home and the boutique, but mainly the department store. :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to the Mars base. I liked the Friends take on the Space Shuttle.

If they continue with the main street and community center style, we will have a lot of useful and pretty city buildings 

I’m very sure that the mars base will include adult Olivia, also, I’m very confused about the olly and paisley’s family home, does this imply that olly and paisley are related? I mean, both have British/Irish roots, so could be possible?

the hospital I’m very excited for, after the disappointing 2020 hospital, I hope this one will be as good as the 2016 version!

department store sounds cool, as does the pop star tour bus, is everyone’s theory that livi is paisley’s dead mother about to be broken?

the farm vet sets are very interesting, I’m pretty excited for these!

Edit: the talent show could be a nice set!

Edited by Lemerbrix
Hlc got talent!

20 hours ago, icm said:

I'm looking forward to the Mars base. I liked the Friends take on the Space Shuttle.

Wiat another space set?? City has a bunch of space sets AND a space CMF series. I wonder what’s going on.

21 hours ago, Lion King said:

Wiat another space set?? City has a bunch of space sets AND a space CMF series. I wonder what’s going on.

Space is super popular.

Sadly, there is no long running, historic theme beloved by AFOLs, and beloved by multiple generations of children for 20 years, to put space ships, or other spacy things like mechs. So they have to put them in Friends, City, Monkie Kid, etc.

EDIT: C'mon people, the above was sarcasm.

Edited by danth

2 hours ago, danth said:

Space is super popular.

Sadly, there is no long running, historic theme beloved by AFOLs, and beloved by multiple generations of children for 20 years, to put space ships, or other spacy things like mechs. So they have to put them in Friends, City, Monkie Kid, etc.

To be honest even given that, it's surprising how much Space stuff is supposedly in other themes next year—not just City but also Friends, a CMF series, and even several Technic sets. Maybe they're going all in to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the moon landing or something?

EDIT: Apparently the first (pre-Classic Space) space rocket set came out in 1964, so maybe they're considering next year the 60 year anniversary of space sets.

Edited by Lyichir

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

To be honest even given that, it's surprising how much Space stuff is supposedly in other themes next year—not just City but also Friends, a CMF series, and even several Technic sets. Maybe they're going all in to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the moon landing or something?

EDIT: Apparently the first (pre-Classic Space) space rocket set came out in 1964, so maybe they're considering next year the 60 year anniversary of space sets.

Is Mr. Oz’s Space Buggyfrom Dreamzzz’s Wave 2 counted as a Space stuff? We have Mr. Oz’s Spacebus set in Wave 1.

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

Is Mr. Oz’s Space Buggyfrom Dreamzzz’s Wave 2 counted as a Space stuff? We have Mr. Oz’s Spacebus set in Wave 1.

Could be…

so, are we moving all friends discussion to this thread, or do we keep talking about 2023 related news (new episodes, shorts, etc) on the 2023 page?

38 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

so, are we moving all friends discussion to this thread, or do we keep talking about 2023 related news (new episodes, shorts, etc) on the 2023 page?

Talk about it…I was little confused when there is a 2024 thread for City while we continue talking about 2023 news.

Hey everyone, sorry to bump this post, but I feel it’s time we move 2024 discussion to this topic!

With all the talk around Andrea’s mansion, and the return of the og 5, I felt like it was time to share this, I’ve had this screenshot saved for a while, but just never got around to posting it, but now I feel like it’s relevant enough for me to post here!

IMG_1321.png

I still find it real t weird that Stephanie, the ‘sporty’ girl, went into politics rather than becoming a professional athlete.

Then again, maybe she had a career as an athlete, retired and used her fame to pivot into an election campaign. 

That mansion is something spectacular, and I never saw something similar in good meaning. 

4 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I still find it real t weird that Stephanie, the ‘sporty’ girl, went into politics rather than becoming a professional athlete.

Then again, maybe she had a career as an athlete, retired and used her fame to pivot into an election campaign. 

Keep in mind, during G2, Stephanie went from being an athlete, to a baker, to a sailor, and now she’s the mayor! Also, during girls on a mission season 2, she had a job a city hall, so that might be how she got the idea to one day become mayor!

I can't wait until we have more pictures of some of those sets like the mansion or Olly and Paisley's houses... Friends sets generally have really good interiors so I'm itching to see what those sets have in store.

18 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I can't wait until we have more pictures of some of those sets like the mansion or Olly and Paisley's houses... Friends sets generally have really good interiors so I'm itching to see what those sets have in store.

Yeah. We can tell Paisley's house includes a bedroom upstairs, and what appears to be a dining room table downstairs to the right. I would also assume it's got a fireplace since the chimney is so large and prominent. Olly's house what I'm pretty sure is a sofa by the big downstairs window, but it's hard to see a whole lot of other detail of its interior since its windows are generally smaller. Probably at least one bed upstairs, and hopefully a cat bed for Gertrude!

We have a small glimpse of a 4+ set! It’s not on instagram to my knowledge, but you can see it in just2good’s latest video

looks like it includes Gabriella from the dog rescue center! It’s one of the farm vet sets, that’s all I can tell!

On 11/21/2023 at 7:35 PM, Lemerbrix said:

We have a small glimpse of a 4+ set! It’s not on instagram to my knowledge, but you can see it in just2good’s latest video

looks like it includes Gabriella from the dog rescue center! It’s one of the farm vet sets, that’s all I can tell!

I think it includes a goat too, if you look at the side of the box at the bottom it looks like the shape of a goat and I think you can see it’s face on the front of the box stood on a table.

I'm absolutely disappointed about the Shopping Center - I thought we'll get a set (similar) to (go with) 41732. :thumbdown:

But the Family Homes and the Mansion look brilliant! :thumbup:

According to 1414falconfan, the friends mansion is going to be $200 and be released on January 1st.

DANG IT LEGO, MY WALLET IS ALREADY DREADING MEGAOPOLIS, NOW THIS?

35 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

OMG ITS GARFEILD!!!!!

And it comes in a small €10 set, Great , good expansion build to the Cat Hotel as well.

I LOVE the farm sanctuary set, almost half the price of what the 2022 Organic Farm was, and looks generic enough to be used alongside the City animals as well (like a similar styled set to the old 2009 City farm), also a printed calf in another small set (autumns baby cow shed).

Also saw a small pic of a karaoke set ( I suppose it was 42610: Karaoke Music Party) looked like it uses a similar design set to the 2023 "rooms" sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

Wow that cat is lovely @Lemerbrix, the chunky cats always looks great, we seem to be really getting spoilt in the January wave. The hamster set is amazing, for such a small set the playability is great, I would have spent hours playing with that as a child (and now!) The 4+ farm animal vet clinic not only includes a goat but a kid too! The inclusion of the printed pregnancy scan is cute, is this the first time Lego has referenced an animal being pregnant? If so, it might be a step forward to getting a pregnant minidoll but I don think that’ll ever happen. Excited for the calf, looks a good mold, the farm sanctuary set I feel is a bit of a let down build wise but has some nice features.

The mobile bakery, again for a small set very detailed and nice vehicle. Pet adoption day is a nice surprise, but did have to look what the name was to see what the set was about, again lots of playability and I like that Lego are including the older members of the series more and more. The music talent show is executed very well, love how they’ve done the strobe lighting and I’m glad we’re getting Paisley in her stage alter ego and another adult Andrea. Hot dog van is ok as well as the hospital ambulance, again great that they’re introducing more varied minidolls, friends is really great for this, I think on the minidoll is it supposed to be a cochlear implant? Space set looks excellent from what I can tell from the blurry image, very detailed and focuses on how they could live in space (obviously with a big dose of imaginary storytelling) adult Olivia and a space cat!

Edited by DragonElves

The ambulance is really cool, especially the hearing aid! One of my first few posts on eurobricks was asking the possibility of a minidoll with a hearing aid, and here we are!