Megbricks

71046 CMF series 26: Space themed!

A whole CMF series on Space!! Wow

maybe a bit of each space themes that ever existed!! 

very exciting!! Sound like an army building series!!

What do you think?

I think it might be a codename because why wouldnt they just call it Series 26?

The monsters series was still Series 14. 

The fact that this is unnumbered makes me think its a codename for a licensed series 

Hmmm interesting l… space.. SW? I know because of licensing agreements it’s unlikely but… well its only speculation. We will find out eventually!!

but i would LOVE a space themed CMF

I guess it‘s one of the following:

• Star Wars
  • Futurama
  • Doctor Who

LSW celebrates its 25th anniversary, Futurama has a big comeback, and DW will debut on D+, so they‘re all getting a lot of attention next year :classic:

An entire space series sounds cool, but unfortunately too good to be true. If it's just a codename it could be literally any theme. Doesn't have to be space related. Star Wars is unlikely and as much as I'd love some Lego Futurama, it's nowhere near popular enough to warrant a CMF series. (An Ideas set with the main cast would fit Futurama so much better.)

I don't think it's going to be another series for an existing CMF theme either. My bets are on it being another property entirely new to Lego, like Muppets last year.

Maybe Muppets in Space? And some new Muppets that we miss :-p

maybe just a nasa series? 

But i think it will be a regular series just space themed

A "Space" series? Hmm... I feel conflicted.

If it's all centered on classic Spacemen, then I won't be super interested. I think Lego might be able to do some cool stuff with it, but, aside from maybe one or two robots or aliens, what would it be besides a rainbow of the classic figs, especially when a lot of them have already been done before. If anything, it will just make me think: "this could have been a regular set(s) and not a CMF."

If "Space" is a codename for some licensed space-related theme... All depends on what the license is! Some I would be really interested in, others I won't touch with a ten-foot pole.

Now, a third, unlikely option that I think could be cool is if all of the minifigs are space-related, but with several smaller individual licenses. So, maybe 4 Classic Lego-centered spacemen, 2 Star Trek figs, 2 Star Wars, 2 Doctor Who, 2 real-life NASA astronauts, Etc. Technically, there is some precedence for this with TLM Series 2, who somehow had the main cast of The Wizard of Oz snuck in there, but I also don't think this would realistically happen. It would be a cool was to celebrate all of Space/Sci-Fi, but the liscencing would be a nightmare.

I'll hold out judgement until we get more than a one-word descriptor.

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Doctor Who

That would be lovely. Such potential for so many new characters.

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think it might be a codename because why wouldnt they just call it Series 26?

The monsters series was still Series 14. 

The fact that this is unnumbered makes me think its a codename for a licensed series 

If “Space” is a codename (which I doubt that it is, since @Brick Clicker said that we are getting a Space-themed CMF), it means that whatever it actually is will be entirely unrelated to space as a concept (as LEGO uses unrelated codenames for themes). RIP our chances of a CMF series for Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Futurama, or any other sci-fi properties. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Hey guys, let’s lower your hype level.. 

Trust me, you would end up being disappointed if it’s NOT Series 26, Doctor Who, Furanam and/or Star Wars. We were tricked into thinking Series 18 and 23 were suppsoed to celebrate annivesary (Sees 18 for 40th annivesary of Minifigures and Seres 23 for Lego’s 90th anniversary) and we ended up getting a bunch of costumes. 

And i don’t kow about you guys but just keep your expectation low, it’s just okay to have fun speculations. 

10 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

A "Space" series? Hmm... I feel conflicted.

If it's all centered on classic Spacemen, then I won't be super interested. I think Lego might be able to do some cool stuff with it, but, aside from maybe one or two robots or aliens, what would it be besides a rainbow of the classic figs, especially when a lot of them have already been done before. If anything, it will just make me think: "this could have been a regular set(s) and not a CMF."

If "Space" is a codename for some licensed space-related theme... All depends on what the license is! Some I would be really interested in, others I won't touch with a ten-foot pole.

Now, a third, unlikely option that I think could be cool is if all of the minifigs are space-related, but with several smaller individual licenses. So, maybe 4 Classic Lego-centered spacemen, 2 Star Trek figs, 2 Star Wars, 2 Doctor Who, 2 real-life NASA astronauts, Etc. Technically, there is some precedence for this with TLM Series 2, who somehow had the main cast of The Wizard of Oz snuck in there, but I also don't think this would realistically happen. It would be a cool was to celebrate all of Space/Sci-Fi, but the liscencing would be a nightmare.

I'll hold out judgement until we get more than a one-word descriptor.

How about reissues of past lego space themes blacktron etc

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

First thing I thought of, when I heard that, was: Futuron, Blacktron, Space Police.

Exactly what i am thinking

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

If “Space” is a codename (which I doubt that it is, since @Brick Clicker said that we are getting a Space-themed CMF), i

Oh thanks didn’t see that!

2q

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

If “Space” is a codename (which I doubt that it is, since @Brick Clicker said that we are getting a Space-themed CMF), it means that whatever it actually is will be entirely unrelated to space as a concept (as LEGO uses unrelated codenames for themes). RIP our chances of a CMF series for Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Futurama, or any other sci-fi properties. 

Wait, it’s an unclinesed space-themed CMF series?

1 hour ago, Megbricks said:

How about reissues of past lego space themes blacktron etc

As a whole series? Still probably not for me. I like them well enough - I have several of the older "classic Spacemen," and I got the new Blacktron Cruiser just the other day - but they don't interest me enough to want to spend a whole CMF budget on them. The minifigs are fine on their own in moderation (like the Brown Classic Spaceman from earlier this year), but I don't really want a whole series of them, especially when, to fit the feel of the older minifigs, not many new parts would probably be introduced. I'd rather have something completely new and out there to fill an entire CMF series, not retoolings of minifigs that have existed for decades. Granted, I'm also not necessarily the biggest Space fan, so that also probably brings it down in my eyes.

Edit: Let me see if I can better phrase this... I think the CMF, if it is "in-house space," could go one of three ways (or maybe have a combination of these three):

1. 1:1 recreations of older Space figures (S24 Brown Spaceman). As much as it might be cool to get some recolors of the older spacemen, I don't need an entire Crayola box of them as a series either - especially since they probably wouldn't produce any new molds.
  2. Minifigs inspired by older Space themes, but don't directly copy them/only reference them (S21 Space Police Guy, S3 Space Villain, S6 Intergalactic Girl, S22 Space Creature, etc). These would probably get some new molds and might be more unique overall, but, again, I don't know if I need a whole series of them.
  3. Minifigs set in space/sci-fi, but without any direct callback to older space themes (S9 Alien Avenger, S16 Cyborg, S13 Alien Trooper, etc). Would be the most out there, and potentially the most fitting of a CMF... But again, I don't need 12 of them all in one go.

TLDR: I prefer my space minifigs in smaller doses - I don't need a lot of them all at once, especially when several other types of minifigs could be more appealing. It's definitely not out of the realm for Lego to do an in-house "themed" set - look at the Monster and Party series, after all (which also largely didn't appeal to me). And there's even a chance that I might get a couple if they appeal to me - I just don't need a whole 12-minifig series. That's probably my personal taste, but I can see AFOLs who are really into the space-related themes potentially liking this series.

57 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Based on the wording from Brick Clicker, that seems to be the case. There is apparently a "big push for space" coming from Lego next year, which will be seen in sets from several themes and include the April/May CMF.

Edited by JohnTPT17

12 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Based on the wording from Brick Clicker, that seems to be the case. There is apparently a "big push for space" coming from Lego next year, which will be seen in sets from several themes and include the April/May CMF.

It’s quite interesting becuase City is going to get a bunch of new space-rattled sets in winter. It’s an odd timing becuase we just had a space subtheme in 2022. 

So it may be a big push. I’m cautiously excited about space CMF.

1 hour ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Edit: Let me see if I can better phrase this... I think the CMF, if it is "in-house space," could go one of three ways (or maybe have a combination of these three):

1. 1:1 recreations of older Space figures (S24 Brown Spaceman). As much as it might be cool to get some recolors of the older spacemen, I don't need an entire Crayola box of them as a series either - especially since they probably wouldn't produce any new molds.
  2. Minifigs inspired by older Space themes, but don't directly copy them/only reference them (S21 Space Police Guy, S3 Space Villain, S6 Intergalactic Girl, S22 Space Creature, etc). These would probably get some new molds and might be more unique overall, but, again, I don't know if I need a whole series of them.
  3. Minifigs set in space/sci-fi, but without any direct callback to older space themes (S9 Alien Avenger, S16 Cyborg, S13 Alien Trooper, etc). Would be the most out there, and potentially the most fitting of a CMF... But again, I don't need 12 of them all in one go.

My guess is that the series will be all three; a new CS spaceman, some remakes, and some entirely new designs. 

10 hours ago, Lion King said:

2q

I really hope so!!

8 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

My guess is that the series will be all three; a new CS spaceman, some remakes, and some entirely new designs. 

That would be great!  And then down the road they do the same for castle ;)

If we already knw about the second CMF series in May, then we should know the actual name by now. For example, we already know Muppets and Looney Tunes Series’ names as early as September. 

If it was licensed the codename would likely be "IP1-Minifigures-2024" rather than just "space" which would strongly suggest it's unlicensed

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

If it was licensed the codename would likely be "IP1-Minifigures-2024" rather than just "space" which would strongly suggest it's unlicensed

Agreed; “Space” could still be a codename (as “Titan” was for Dreamzzz), but it would be for an in-house theme. Furthermore, there are plenty of words that can be used as codenames that are not also the names of actual themes, so I think that this is actually an all-Space series! 

6 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Oh good, tha would be great! Thank you.

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Agreed; “Space” could still be a codename (as “Titan” was for Dreamzzz), but it would be for an in-house theme. Furthermore, there are plenty of words that can be used as codenames that are not also the names of actual themes, so I think that this is actually an all-Space series! 

100% agreed.  

Glad you guys like that idea, but an in-house space-themed CMF series sounds incredibly boring to me. Even S26 would’ve been better, since that would at least have more variety :tongue:

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Glad you guys like that idea, but an in-house space-themed CMF series sounds incredibly boring to me. Even S26 would’ve been better, since that would at least have more variety :tongue:

Maybe it’s just 12 different recolours of classic spacemen 🌈

58 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I am glad you think it’s incredibly boring to you but I do like unlicensed CMF Series. :P Plus, it would be grreat to see new molds to be used for Space fans and CMF collectors. I don’t mind an entirely space-themed CMF. Or a pirate CMF. Or a Viking CMF. Or a Castle CMF. Or a Diver CMF. Or an Adventurer CMF. :P

55 minutes ago, williejm said:

Maybe it’s just 12 different recolours of classic spacemen 🌈

Yes please!!! 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Every licensed CMF is incredibly boring to me. And 50% of non-licensed CMFs are pretty boring.

A Space CMF sounds incredibly awesome to me.