Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2024

12 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

I don''t think "nobody cares", it's just that we are probably all waiting for pictures!

Yeah, exactly. 

Also all of that information is nothing really new. Brick Clicker's just saying all lf the details seen in a polish website. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DanOfBricks said:

I guess nobody cares. Just continue talking about LEGO City animal molds...

A huge crane can be nice, to lift those 8x16 building modules in place, as City does get taller buildings then ever before, with sets like the 60380: Downtown being 4 stories tall and then some for those wind power generators, something where 60324: Mobile Crane would not really work (which was not a bad set however)

Edited by TeriXeri

20 hours ago, DanOfBricks said:

I guess nobody cares. Just continue talking about LEGO City animal molds...

First, please don’t blame us for talking about Lego animals. 

Second,  it’s not true that “nobody cares”. We havne’t seen more than just description. Like is it hard to imagine what it would looks like? 16 wheels, foldable arm, etc…

Brick Clicker released photos of the harbor, rollercoaster and car carrier.

The roller coaster looks fabulous. I don't need another roller coaster. I don't need another roller coaster...

Holy Exo-Force!!! That rollercoaster set is so good! The overall design is fantastic with the shaping and details but the best part is absolutely the recreation of the Exo-Force Stealth Hunter. 

The rest of the sets also look great, especially the excavator and dock with cargo ship. The tourist bus is great too.

I really want to see the back of the coaster.  It's supposed to have an arcade per leaks (and the sign), so I want to see the ideas there.  The colors and theming are great!  Very much in line with Friends Arcade 41708 with the trans colored panels.  I still think Space Coaster has the better thrills for the size (and I have too many for other themes), but a fast corkscrew may beat it!  

4 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

So disappointed by that cargo ship....Wish it was at least twice as long

Bet if it was bigger there wouldn't much of a building for the harbour

Posted (edited)

100€ for the car transporter is so expensive 

How much for the 3 cars? 30-40€?

That truck doesn't worth 60-70€

No landscaping elements and only four minifigs 

Edited by El Garfio

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

The old harbor from 2007 was better. Not a fan of this harbor. It's good for a child to play with though. 

I think they went for a more "pier-y" approach. 

Not the best in my opinion, it's nice but not top material, I do prefer to have a smaller ship and they nailed the crane design. 

50-50 in my opinion. 

Car Transporter looks nice, but i expected something different for the price. Loved the classic car reminded me of old Cuban cars.

The Roller Coaster really surprised me, it's a compact design that combines lots of things into a, single building, really nice looking. 

The only thing I dislike is the shape of the harbor, really wanted the thing to be a straight line. Hope we get more harbour related sets in the future. 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

27 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I think they went for a more "pier-y" approach. 

Not the best in my opinion, it's nice but not top material, I do prefer to have a smaller ship and they nailed the crane design. 

50-50 in my opinion. 

Car Transporter looks nice, but i expected something different for the price. Loved the classic car reminded me of old Cuban cars.

The Roller Coaster really surprised me, it's a compact design that combines lots of things into a, single building, really nice looking. 

The only thing I dislike is the shape of the harbor, really wanted the thing to be a straight line. Hope we get more harbour related sets in the future. 

I think the problem with the harbour set is it doesn't know whether it wants to be a commercial/transportation port or a more civilian location. I personally would have preferred more of a marina with a selection of smaller 'leisure' boats and a seafront restaurants. Others (as mentioned a few posts up) want larger cargo ships too. In the end we don't really get either!

I doubt I'll end up buying this. However, I have been wanting something similar to set 6543 Sail 'N' Fly Marina for some time and this does seem to have some resemblance with the red crane.

Car transporter looks really good, and will probably be larger than it seems right now (based on how it stacks up beside the Minifigs). It seems like it has a 5-6 car capacity, and the three that are included are a great selection of styles and colours. 

The harbour is excellent (finally one that is not made of a handful of massive single-use parts!); the pier also looks like it will be modular (or can be converted to modular), so incorporating future sets will be easy. While I do agree that the ship is a bit small, I am very happy about the return to brickbuilt hulls! 

The robot world coaster would not normally be something that I am into (I do not really care about rollercoasters), but the colour scheme is gorgeous and the building is very futuristic. Also, Stealth Hunter returns! 

13 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The harbour is excellent (finally one that is not made of a handful of massive single-use parts!); the pier also looks like it will be modular (or can be converted to modular), so incorporating future sets will be easy. While I do agree that the ship is a bit small, I am very happy about the return to brickbuilt hulls! 

I totally agree, as a standalone set it's not the best but if it's modular and connection-able, it's an amazing set. Great for my small scale city. (Already own a few ships so i don't really need a huge ship) The Brick built design is very good and slick. I'm really curious about the beach thing as I can't easily see what's in the beach. 

Also the fact there's actually "building" and not just a lot of huge plates is marvellous. Nothing a few road plates can't fix. 

19 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

If it can connect to the crooks lair that released earlier this year, that's a big plus

Oh boy that roller coaster looks awesome!

Now i wonder if there won’t be Icoons’ Fairground set this year…

Just saw two more set pictures... a very nice looking excavator and sightseeing bus. Looks like a new stroller piece for the babyfig in the bus set.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Just saw two more set pictures... a very nice looking excavator and sightseeing bus. Looks like a new stroller piece for the babyfig in the bus set.

Oooo i think you are right there. 

13 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Bet if it was bigger there wouldn't much of a building for the harbour

The one they have is poor. That random building is a waste of bricks

I’m going to be honest, it took me a bit to realize the Exo-force homage.

the roller coaster looks amazing, definitely the best roller coaster that isn’t $300+ 

I will say, the architecture of the arcade building looks very interesting!

The harbor and cargo ship looks terrible, probably my least favorite city set of this year (not counting 4+)

People might be saying “why is the car transport $100” but look, previous car transports have been designed for 4-wide cars, this is for 6-wide cars, of which you get 3! I think $100 is justifiable for this set.

2 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

People might be saying “why is the car transport $100” but look, previous car transports have been designed for 4-wide cars, this is for 6-wide cars, of which you get 3! I think $100 is justifiable for this set.

Spot on

10 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

It still sounds expensive imo. But if the amount of stuff and/or piece count is sufficient then it's fair enough. I can imagine those three cars going for €15 to €20 each and that transport going for like €40 on its own (as it does apparently accommodate 6 cars) so it kinda adds up.