Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[COR-Ship] HMS Camilla

Despite being the swiftest of the three, the HMS Camilla was the last to arrive in Westface, hours after the HMS Nimble and the HMS Corsair. As the squadron was spread out to sweep the seas on their way to Westface, the HMS Camilla, being commanded by only a lieutenant, was relegated to the most leeward position of the line. As they neared port, the square rigged, and thus least weatherly, Camilla had to make up the most distance, beating up from leeward.

53084473473_9b8ab66e78_b.jpg

The HMS Camilla is an 18-gun post ship of the Royal Navy, newly built in Northern Corrington. Her long 12 pounders offer her a good weight of metal, but what is most notable about her is her tall rig, being built for speed. She is well-suited for traditional anti-piracy duty, although the size of the most notorious Brick Seas pirate flotilla might make the Camilla's career short.

53083980521_b9760017d0_b.jpg

She arrives commanded only by her first lieutenant, with orders for Captain Cooke to join and take command. The orders did allude to the fact that an 18 gun post ship is somewhat below the station of a senior post-captain, that it was only temporary, and that Captain Cooke would certainly jump at any opportunity to serve his country. And while Cooke had expected a more substantial command, the command of a squadron did somewhat make up for it, as did the beautiful, well-handled post-ship.

53084473463_08f7cc5ccb_b.jpg

If the crew of the Camilla had expected a long-awaited shore-leave in Westface, they must certainly take some resentment towards their new captain, as only hours after arrival, Captain Cooke had them afloat again on gunnery exercise with the rest of his new squadron.

53083412382_074f43d6cb_b.jpg

Another ship from my yards. Years in the making. If @Garmadon remembers, he challenged me (probably not directly :pir-tongue:) to build a ship with gun-ports of 1,5 stud width. This is the fruits of that labour. And I think she turned out pretty nice. The biggest challenge was really making her sturdy, as the off stud widths make for less stable connections. I have learned much since I built her, and there are obviously things I would redo, but I am overall quite happy with her.

She will be licensed as a class 5.

Absolutely beautiful work ! Might be my favprite ship of yours. The colour scheme is both pleasing and easily recognisable (I myself struggle with finding colour combinations that work well together without already being used by half the brick seas : p

Great story to follow, look forward to reading about your adventures next turn!

Stunning ... this is what I really like to see. A personal challenge developping in such a great job, just terrific. Real bricks and rigging is also great to see, some frustrated evening hours I am sure :pir_laugh2:. Very well done , also, lets not forget  the fine crew you picked

A very beautiful built ship. I like the custom ship hull and rigging. I hope you catch the Gentleman Privateer's notorious Corrington pirate flotilla.

Such a pretty little ship, great curve, excellent stern, impressive rigging.  Top notch.