Prince John Sits inside his lonely castle with everything he could possibly want. Money, Power, Land, Loyal Servants. But he is unsatisfied, craving only the death of the bandit Robin Hood. 

Meanwhile Robin Hood is enjoying a party with all his friends. He is an outlaw who owns nothing but the clothes on his back and his trusty bow. He gives away all the money he ever gets. And today he is happy, dancing with his one true love Maid Marion while all his friends dance play and sing around him. 

The Phony King

My goodness this took forever to edit. Stupid Leaves. 

Built for the "Light & Shadow" Category for the 2023 Summer Joust. 

Hopefully this is the right forum, it could also belong in licensed themes, but I figured it was a better fit here. I did enter it in the Summer Joust after all. 

Excellent work! I especially love the puppets and Little John in the background... that and that fact you included Hiss! He isss truly a sssight to behold! (sorry, couldn't help myself :grin:)

Keep up the good work!

Nicely done. The cape on the slithering snake is a nice touch. Interesting use of frogs to make Maid Marion's headpiece.

On 8/1/2023 at 9:45 AM, Feuer Zug said:

Nicely done. The cape on the slithering snake is a nice touch. Interesting use of frogs to make Maid Marion's headpiece.

yeah I saw that and was absolutely stunned. fantastic parts usage.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I had a fun time building the characters and scene. It's fun to see how many people are nostalgic for the Robin Hood movie. 

On 7/31/2023 at 12:02 PM, MontyMatte said:

I'm actually watching the movie right now and discovered your MOC :) Very nice and thanks for sharing!

I rewatched the movie while planning the moc. Hopefully you can tell which two scenes it is based on 😂

On 8/1/2023 at 6:45 AM, Feuer Zug said:

Interesting use of frogs to make Maid Marion's headpiece.

I had too; it was the perfect opportunity. Just following in the footsteps of official Lego designers. 

On 8/1/2023 at 3:10 PM, Follows Closely said:

What is the piece you used for the snake?

Sir hiss is made with the Nagini snake from Harry Potter CMF 1, a 90s plastic cape, new style red flower, and white forestmen feather. Not sure which piece you were referring to. 

Sorry for the delay with responding, I've been on vacation. 

On 8/16/2023 at 5:15 AM, JimBaggins said:

I rewatched the movie while planning the moc. Hopefully you can tell which two scenes it is based on 😂

For sure. But tbh I watch it in German - so it's difficult to call their english names