Mister Phes

[OFFICIAL] 10320 Eldorado Fortress - Available NOW

6 hours ago, F1stzz said:

LMAO 🤣 This, ladies & gents, is exactly why TLG will never solve the printing issues — cuz it'd be weird for some to get a high quality product for their money :>

Totally agree. I am somewhat dissapointed with the printing, especially compared to their super white pants. They should do a blue print on a white torso if Lego can't do a white print properly. But why should they? They have no competition in minifigs so they become lazy. 

1 hour ago, Horation said:

Ok, now you're getting (as usual) needlessly aggressive- I never said it would be weird for me to get a high quality product, I merely said that I like the quality of the existing product.

Dude, are you rly sure u wanna get me started on this? You've said it'd be "weird" if prints on torsos would be "very white" (which is always a thing, ICYMI, when prints are made with high quality), because PLASTIC TOY SOLDIERS (!) aren't supposed to wash their uniforms every day. You're basically trying to justify the obvious printing defect (the one that company hasn't been trying to fix for years at this point) applying a real life example on a plastic collectible toy (which LEGO is, as I've been reminded several times in similar occasions) — the example that has nothing to do not only with LEGO, but with any collectible models in general. I just love how it's considered "inappropriate" to bring up some real life stuff while explaining the cons of any given product — but it's completely fine to do so when somehow the lack of quality is needed to be justified, lol. If we want to show "the dirty uniforms" — we're including this idea to the initial print design or, if it's not about LEGO, we're creating a model with dirty clothes as a part of its display. Degrading the quality of the print itself is not the way to achieve anything here. The "weak white" is not "TLG trying to imitate the degree of wear", sir — it's "TLG half4ssing the prints on collectible minifigures while making you pay the full price for 'em". The fact you're saying you "like the quality of the existing product" (which is flawed 100%), while trying to gaslight yourself & others into thinking that having defected prints can actually be great as it was somehow "planned & precalculated by the company" — it all just convinces me about my initial conclusion being correct. Such an attitude is indeed the very reason why TLG won't even consider making any efforts to fix the issue — the audience will always find 100+1 reason to justify their lazy arses.

4 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

They have no competition in minifigs so they become lazy. 

P R E C I S E L Y, mate. Now add a fact some AFOLs are willingly jumping in with dozens of explanations to why the white print, which should be perfectly white, looks like it became wet under the heavy rain (the latter could also be used as an explanation, lol) — and we can finally understand why the printing defect is a thing for like a decade now. People just get what they deserve, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, F1stzz said:

The fact you're saying you "like the quality of the existing product" (which is flawed 100%), while trying to gaslight yourself & others into thinking that having defected prints can actually be great as it was somehow "planned & precalculated by the company" — it all just convinces me about my initial conclusion being correct. Such an attitude is indeed the very reason why TLG won't even consider making any efforts to fix the issue — the audience will always find 100+1 reason to justify their lazy arses.

Except that this is your opinion-you do realise others can dislike something you like and vice versa, right? right? If it is flawed 100%, why isn't everybody agreeing with you? Weird, it's almost like not everyone feels the same way about something than what you do. Maybe go read the parable of the blind men and the elephant to see what I mean about different perspectives. And yes it is a choice, a defect would be an error in the making of the print, but even official pictures show the slightly softer white, and maybe if they've been doing it for ten years, it might just be intentional. Imagine a car company that starts using a slightly different set of wheels, if they use it on one car by accident, then you can call it a defect, if they use it on 20 different car models sold 1 000 000 times for ten years, it's hardly a defect, is it?

And, by the way, I ain't gaslighting anybody. Just because this isn't pleasing you doesn't mean that I am gaslighting, and then you insist that you aren't vitriolic and then you attack me and make stuff up about me. Look, I get it, you don't like this set, so why, pray tell, are you sticking around like a masochist torturing himself? Nobody is forcing you to read this thread, and just because you aren't liking it doesn't mean you should suck the enjoyment out of all of those who do want it. In other words : JUST BECAUSE YOU HATE IT, DOESNT MEAN I SHOULD, go look at the other critics of the set, they are all polite and they don't go on attack rampages for no reason

I found the reminder of the "ignore" option a few pages back to be helpful, just putting that out there.

How bad do you think the Blue Coat torso are compared to the 2016 batch? I'm planning on using 2016 as one regiment and 2023 as another, probably cannoneers and riflemen respectively. I'll still field them side by side, but if difference in appearance is great it will be a pain on the #$$, bit at the end of the day it's a first world problem.

3 hours ago, TalonCard said:

I found the reminder of the "ignore" option a few pages back to be helpful, just putting that out there.

Thanks! Now I don't have to care about a certain user anymore.

2 hours ago, Pirate_King_1982 said:

How bad do you think the Blue Coat torso are compared to the 2016 batch? I'm planning on using 2016 as one regiment and 2023 as another, probably cannoneers and riflemen respectively. I'll still field them side by side, but if difference in appearance is great it will be a pain on the #$$, bit at the end of the day it's a first world problem.

The white printing on the 2015 blue coat torsos isn't perfect either. People are just being needlessly nitpicky with this particular set it seems. I don't think you'll see a large difference between 2015 blue coats and 2023 blue coats.

Although I do agree that Lego should have better quality printing on their torsos in general.

1 hour ago, Jiesdeo said:

The white printing on the 2015 blue coat torsos isn't perfect either. People are just being needlessly nitpicky with this particular set it seems. I don't think you'll see a large difference between 2015 blue coats and 2023 blue coats.

Although I do agree that Lego should have better quality printing on their torsos in general.

As long as they’re not too dissimilar to the 2015 batch I’m good. Yes these could be better, but I can live it.

1 hour ago, Jiesdeo said:

Indeed. The Rivendell minifigs are plain mediocre compared to the 2012 wave. Just watch a comparison video on YouTube. So management of Lego has become lazy and/or greedy sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, Pirate_King_1982 said:

As long as they’re not too dissimilar to the 2015 batch I’m good. Yes these could be better, but I can live it.

I am thinking the same. I will buy it. But only when Majisto GWP comes out. 

Overall I think the Eldorado Fortress is the weakest of the retro sets. Lion knights castle, Barracuda bay and Galaxy Explorer are all 10/10 for me and I got them on day 1.

The Eldorado Fortress is a 7/10 for me. 

-1 for the the open back of the Admirals office 

-1 for the ugly doors 

-1 for the printing 

17 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

I will buy it. But only when Majisto GWP comes out.

I would like to take advantage of the upcoming availability of the 40580 Blacktron Cruiser GWP to buy it (it's the only retro set I don't have) but the presence of stickers puts me off and blocks me psychologically... The printed parts are integral part of the original set and the stickers from this updated version come to ruin everything. It's a shame since none of the retro sets produced since 2020 have one. I therefore hesitate to wait for the future release of the Majisto GWP, hoping that they will be sticker free, to proceed to purchase. Maybe I'm a little psycho but I can't help it. Others in the same case? 

Edited by Khargeust

18 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

The printed parts are integral part of the original set and the stickers from this updated version come to ruin everything. 

I agree but it's a GWP so what do you expect? Still a good GWP, better than the most. I have more a problem with stickers in high end sets like motorized lighthouse and Rivendell. That puts me off! Stickers in high end sets are absolutely a big no for me. 

2 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

I agree but it's a GWP so what do you expect?

I expected the same quality as 40567 Forest Hideout. No stickers. 

22 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

I expected the same quality as 40567 Forest Hideout. No stickers. 

OK fair enough. Lego quality goes up and down sadly. 40567 is the best GWP to me. Yes the stickers are dissapointing in the blacktron set. Especially when the original had no stickers. But I can't deside for you if it's worth or not. 

10 hours ago, Horation said:

If it is flawed 100%, why isn't everybody agreeing with you?

There are literally couple of guys on this page alone who stated the printing issue is & was the problem all these years. Throughout the thread there are people who openly voiced their disappointment with the printing quality. Out in the wild there are hundreds of them: on Insta, YT, Twitter, Facebook — you name it. This is also applicable for lots of sets, not only 10320. Open your eyes — close the copium valve.

...if they've been doing it for ten years, it might just be intentional.

12 hours ago, F1stzz said:

"TLG half4ssing the prints on collectible minifigures while making you pay the full price for 'em".

I mean... That's kinda what I've said, innit?

...you attack me and make stuff up about me.

Except I didn't make anything up. I've quoted literally what you've said yourself, m8, and tried to explain to you why what you're suggesting is in long term a dangerous ground for customers to step on (we've already been walking on that ground for quite a while, but whatever). If simple & obviously customer oriented logic provided in an argument makes you feel offended — well, I apologize for that. Also, quick reminder: the fact that you feel offended doesn't mean you're necessarily right.

11 hours ago, Horation said:

...just because you aren't liking it doesn't mean you should suck the enjoyment out of all of those who do...

I think we've already established the fact that it's not only me disliking this particular flaw, but after all — great for you if you enjoy its presence. Great for TLG as well, cuz they don't have to care much then. I just don't think it's great for general customers interests tho, but supposedly it doesn't matter a whole lot. The lesson here is learned well on my part, have no doubt.

1 hour ago, DonQuixote said:

OK fair enough. Lego quality goes up and down sadly. 40567 is the best GWP to me. Yes the stickers are dissapointing in the blacktron set. Especially when the original had no stickers. But I can't deside for you if it's worth or not. 

That's right, I got myself five copies (one in June 2022 with the Medieval Blacksmith, another in August 2022 with the castle) and 3 others bought on the secondary market at a good price. If the parts of the 40580 Blacktron Cruiser were printed I would have made sure to acquire as many. Shame. There I hesitate to catch a single copy for the simple fact of not having to regret later. I will decide on July 10th...

2 hours ago, DonQuixote said:

I agree but it's a GWP so what do you expect? Still a good GWP, better than the most. I have more a problem with stickers in high end sets like motorized lighthouse and Rivendell. That puts me off! Stickers in high end sets are absolutely a big no for me. 

Wait, Rivendell has stickers?

2 hours ago, F1stzz said:

Except I didn't make anything up. 

Ok, so let's see what you said :

15 hours ago, F1stzz said:

The fact you're saying you "like the quality of the existing product" (which is flawed 100%), while trying to gaslight yourself & others 

I wasn't trying to gaslight anyone, you made that up about me.

2 hours ago, F1stzz said:

I never opened any "copium valves", I genuinely find the product to be good, get this "mate" : JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRRODUCT, DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE ELSE ALSO HATES IT AND IS LYING ABOUT LIKING IT TO BE CONTRARIAN. Also, quick reminder: the fact that you feel offended doesn't mean you're necessarily right. I don't use social media, so I can't see if these "hundreds" of people really exist.

And about the whole prints thing

"I mean... That's kinda what I've said, innit?"

Nope, it isn't 

"into thinking that having defected prints can actually be great as it was somehow 'planned & precalculated by the company' "

You literally said that it was not planned and intentional and then tried to claim that you said it was intentional by cherrypicking your own text. I love a good argument, but you are arguing in bad faith, lying about what YOU said, and refusing to even acknowledge the possibility someone might disagree with you and be genuine, I'll be ignoring you from now on (I believe there is an option to mute users after a certain post count). 

Have fun (I honestly hope you aren't into politics, if you get this angry about toys, the discussion about taxes must really be something...)

Edited by Horation
too aggressive

Based on this new information about the Blacktron and Bionicle GWP on July 11th, I think I'll wait until then to order mine. 

Oh, and it looks like double VIP at that time, too. Bonus!

EKnight

I'd love to be patient enough to wait for the GWPs, but...I waited on Barracuda Bay and hated the wait for it to come back in stock so I could actually get it. Life's too short, and Pirate sets only come around once in a blue moon. I'm gonna order it at midnight and enjoy the nostalgic building feels. :pir-grin:

I wasn't trying to gaslight anyone, you made that up about me.

Check out the meaning of the term in detail, you'll get what I'm trying to say here.

DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE ELSE ALSO HATES IT AND IS LYING ABOUT LIKING IT TO BE CONTRARIAN

Well, Idk if it could be considered "lying" when trying to convince yourself that TLG actually had a valid higher reasoning behind f'ing up the white print (yet again), but there's certainly nothing good about the need to explain the "weak white" more than what it really is. This is what I call "justifying the obvious con": when people start to bring up whatever the reasoning they can get ahold of to talk themselves into liking a particular "meh" thing, which is clearly a flaw. But whatever, why am I even bothering — keep on rockin' dat caps, lad.

I don't use social media, so I can't see if these "hundreds" of people really exist (knowing your past behaviour, there's a ~90% chance you are making it up on the spot).

First of all — that's not my problem you don't. It's yours. It became yours the second you've stated that "nobody agrees with me on printing", which could easily be proven wrong simply by looking through this exact page we're on and some of the previous ones in this thread. It's kinda weird to claim that "I'm making it up on the spot" when you have the evidence right before your eyes here & it'd take you an hour at max to check out all the 10320 reviews & convos, don't you think? Not to mention it's just a silly point to be made by a guy who "loves a good argument": "hey, bruh, there's a ~90% chance you've made this all up — not gonna check what people actually have to say about it, I'm out & you're ignored!", lol.

"into thinking that having defected prints can actually be great as it was somehow 'planned & precalculated by the company" You literally said that it was not planned and intentional and then tried to claim that you said it was intentional by cherrypicking your own text.

It doesn't contradict anything I've said myself. This point was essentially made towards your suggestion that TLG f's up their prints on purpose in order to simulate the wear or for any other potential reason. I just told you what it is in fact, and if you have actually spent as much time & effort on following the convo & trying to receive the clear message as you've spent on redacting expletives, overusing caps & turning your posts into a barely readable mess — I think this discussion between us could've been a whole lot more adequate. If anything, I got my suspicions & conclusions solidified here with your responses & that weak 4ss rage quit of yours — gotta TY for that, I guess. 

1 hour ago, DonQuixote said:

Calm down everybody. Time to smoke some weed and chill man :pir-triumph:

Pirates gotta blast 'em guns from time to time — what's the "pirates life" without some good ol' tavern fight? :pir-huzzah1: No rumble's meant to last forever tho, cheers :pir-huzzah2:

4 hours ago, TalonCard said:

I'd love to be patient enough to wait for the GWPs, but...I waited on Barracuda Bay and hated the wait for it to come back in stock so I could actually get it. Life's too short, and Pirate sets only come around once in a blue moon. I'm gonna order it at midnight and enjoy the nostalgic building feels. :pir-grin:

Same here, it was not fun having to wait ~3 months of back order to finally get Barracuda Bay, so I'll be ordering day one.

6 hours ago, DonQuixote said:

Calm down everybody. Time to smoke some weed and chill man :pir-triumph:

Hear hear, I second the motion (except for the weed part-the only acceptable choice here would be rum)of the right hon. member from...Belgium? (correct me if incorrect) 

And I forgot to login so I read that user's comment, here's the definition of gaslighting :

"Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse in which a person or group causes someone to question their own sanity, memories, or perception of reality. People who experience gaslighting may feel confused, anxious, or as though they cannot trust themselves." https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/gaslighting 

In other words, I can't gaslight myself and I sure am not doing anything resembling the above to others. But that is all. 

Edited by Horation
Wanted to add extra info without 2 posts

On 6/15/2023 at 8:40 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Guys, do some research. There always have been women disguised as men in the big european armies. Of course their percentage is next to zero, but you will find quite some historic accounts.

Indeed, and some of the individual stories are pretty amazing!

Like Friederike Krüger who recieved the Iron Cross for bravery, and was granted special dispensation by the Prussian King continued to serve in the Prussian Army after her gender was discovered. Or Nadezhda Durova, who served with distinction in the Imperial Russian cavalry but struggled to gain promotion due to her youthful appearance and inability to grow a moustache.

More amusing are the stories of the mistresses of senior generals who accompanied them on campaign, disguised in the uniforms of male junior staff officers. Napoleon's mistress Pauline Foures and Marshal Massena's mistress Henriette Lebreton are two notable examples of this.

All of this is to say, for those that need historical inspiration for their Lego characters, there are a few interesting avenues you can pursue.