RedBrick1

LEGO #21344 - Orient Express

52 minutes ago, TypoCorrecto said:

Apparently this set has been delayed to early 2024 according a leak. I hope it's not true, but then again I would have more time to save up.

NOOOOOOOO 

Damn, was really looking forward to it. :sceptic:

That's a real shame, as it would have been a great Christmas activity. Still, as long as it's not cancelled, there is always the Christmas after.

40 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

That's a real shame, as it would have been a great Christmas activity. Still, as long as it's not cancelled, there is always the Christmas after.

I wonder if they're having trouble making it work at 8-studs wide..

if they need help they can always come to us train AFOL builders haha

6 hours ago, TypoCorrecto said:

Apparently this set has been delayed to early 2024 according a leak. I hope it's not true, but then again I would have more time to save up.

Sorry to hear that as it was the only lego set I was really looking forward to in 2023. But this also means they have plenty of time to make it a proper 6-7 studs wide train. 😉

I can't say I am not disappointed. This was the single big set I was looking forward to purchasing this year. 

7 hours ago, LordsofMedieval said:

The wait is fine - I just want someone to leak a few photos. 

Same. The worst part of it for me is that I was really hoping to time the purchase of the Orient Express with the Majisto GWP. 

7 hours ago, RedBrick1 said:

Same. The worst part of it for me is that I was really hoping to time the purchase of the Orient Express with the Majisto GWP. 

I really just need to see what Lego does with it first. Will we get full-sized wheels? Will some of the more awkward decisions with the original be toned down slightly? Will the cab (which doesn't much resemble the prototype at all) get a little love? Will it even run? (Looking at you, CE Hogwarts Express :/). 

If I'm going to drop north of 300-400 bucks (at least) on a Lego set, it had been damned well be phenomenal. 

Edited by LordsofMedieval

I am fine with it being delayed, but I want to see leaked images and some info, such as  it  being motorized  or not. If it can not be motorized, then I could move on.

On 9/26/2023 at 2:29 AM, Mondo-TRON said:

I am fine with it being delayed, but I want to see leaked images and some info, such as  it  being motorized  or not. If it can not be motorized, then I could move on.

This! If only we knew it would be minifig scale or not I would be happy 😁

Brick Clicker has said in his latest video that the original plan was to reveal the set on Oct 4 (for release on Nov 1). If it doesn't come on Wednesday, then it's likely delayed until December or January.

If the set is 8 wide they probably have to make a new set of wheels like XL BBB wheels, considering that the Hogarts train has XXL train wheels.

#14 train wheels? That would be great. 14,5plates, 46,4mm.

90840 Hogwarts Express - Collectors' Edition, those are #15 train wheels.  15,5plates, 49,6mm.

25 minutes ago, Shiva said:

90840 Hogwarts Express - Collectors' Edition, those are #15 train wheels.  15,5plates, 49,6mm.

Just while it's being mentioned, does anyone know if these are listed on LEGO Pick a Brick anywhere and not under the 6380020 element number? Or do I have to go to Bricklink to get some?

The Collectors' Edition wheels? Bricklink, it seems, that's where I bought 6x from. I have not seen those on Pick a Brick. And sadly there is no blind drivers.

And the location to attach the crank pin, is quite far away from the centre of the wheel. I wish it was closer to the centre.

On 9/22/2023 at 2:55 AM, TypoCorrecto said:

Please NO!!! I am currently counting the days until the first leaks/Photos show up. I paused some MOC ideas to wait for, if Lego brings new parts / ideas for at this set. I dont want to wait until next year 😕.

PS: even Mould King has inbetween released an Orient Express

7 hours ago, Shiva said:

The Collectors' Edition wheels? Bricklink, it seems, that's where I bought 6x from. I have not seen those on Pick a Brick. And sadly there is no blind drivers.

And the location to attach the crank pin, is quite far away from the centre of the wheel. I wish it was closer to the centre.

Yes. Thanks. Looks like I'm putting together a Bricklink order then.

14 hours ago, Shiva said:

I think you can buy the blind ones from BigBen  Bricks. 

3 minutes ago, lego3057 said:

I think you can buy the blind ones from BigBen  Bricks

I can see XXL, blinds. #13, 13,5plates, 43,2mm. But not Collectors' Edition size wheels, at all. They would be #15 size.

Not even bricktraindepot, have #15 blinds. And no one has #14 wheels either.

Orient Express, what is most likely for it? #9 L, or  #15 90840 wheels? Or is there any chance that we get a new size of official wheels?

I guess they'll take what's already available on the shelf = 85489a and 85489b

Edited by Selander
Spelling mistake

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

I can see XXL, blinds. #13, 13,5plates, 43,2mm. But not Collectors' Edition size wheels, at all. They would be #15 size.

Not even bricktraindepot, have #15 blinds. And no one has #14 wheels either.

Orient Express, what is most likely for it? #9 L, or  #15 90840 wheels? Or is there any chance that we get a new size of official wheels?

I thought they are the same size because I built it in Studio and the white wheels are XXL  from BBB  virtual store. The black wheels are XL size

365563880_NovoImagemdemapadebits(2).jpg.fa34dabf512adbbdaac517d67245f957.jpg

I checked better and I found that in Studio those wheels are 6 studs so 48mm, while the 90840 wheels have 50mm, so may be 2 mm smaller. The XL is 5,2 and the normal lego wheels are 4,6. In the picture the front wheel are 3,6 studs in diameter.

Edited by lego3057
Correction

Has the different sizes of train wheels, in the range from #2 to #13, except for 90840. #15, diameter 15,5plates, 49,6mm.