Chromeknight

Bloxley, an O-guage homage

This weekend I displayed my latest layout at the Brickbuilt Sydney. A 20”x60” shunting setup.

credits:

original o gauge layout by Jim Reed

Terriers by trace peirce, parts by circuit cubes, trained bricks rods, Big Ben wheels, and studly couplers, instructions available at block junction.

other rolling stock by britishbricks, also at block junction.

52930752734_1a1fd040a3_b.jpg

Bloxley

Edited by Chromeknight

Great work on this small industrial layout. Plenty of details, but not overdone. I like the use of the collectable minifig bases with the skylights.

Beautiful railway glimpse with a 1930s charm! :wub_drool:
I like the complete presence of track with ballast and grass ... it would be a dream to have a large layout with this extreme detail! :thumbup:

Fantastic work - you can't go wrong with an Inglenook shunting puzzle, and you've translated it into LEGO very nicely, with plenty of wonderful little cameos.

I'm intrigued by the mechanics of this: have you built it on a "traditional" baseboard of some form? How does the fiddle yard work? This is certainly making some gears start turning in my head! I'm a bit too deep into a OO layout to start a LEGO one right now, but one day...

1 hour ago, ColletArrow said:

I'm intrigued by the mechanics of this: have you built it on a "traditional" baseboard of some form? How does the fiddle yard work?

Thanks for your interest!

The entire layout separates into 6 parts of 2x1 baseplates. Some parts have building remain on them, other buildings which span the separation lines pop off. This means the whole thing packs into two boxes 10”x20”x11”, plus a small box for engines/rolling stock. It currently sits on whatever table is available at the venue, but I’m planning for a custom table to eliminate bumps/slopes. At the most recent show, I couldn’t park the 2 plank wagon in many places, it tended roll out of position.

The fiddle yard is a three track traverser which holds 2 cars. There’s a two one car engine escapes beyond the traverser.

I will put onto Flickr shortly some more pictures of it separate for transport and of the fiddle yard.

21 minutes ago, LordsofMedieval said:

Cool. Reminds me so much of the shadowbox layouts a lot of Brits seem to favor.

It should. It’s based on one. Moxley by Jim Read.