Sérgio

[MOC] CP - Miradouro Consist

"MiraDouro" is composed of the CP 1400 series diesel locomotive and Schindler Tourist carriages. 

This is my favorite consist nowadays, actually, there are several colors and variations, and it's hard to find the exact same configuration the next day.

The Schindler carriages - produced in the 1940s by the Swiss manufacturer Schindler and put into service on the national railway network between 1949 and 1977 - have recently been restored and their panoramic windows can be opened during the journey. It runs daily between Oporto São Bento/Campanhã and Pocinho and back.

About the model

• - Circa 10000parts
  • - 5KGs
  • - 2,50meters long
  • - motorized by 2 PF motors + Buwizz
  • - front and tail lights
  • - full interior
  • - 8 months of working

LEGO - CP Miradouro

LEGO - CP Miradouro

LEGO - CP Miradouro

CP Schindler

LEGO - CP Miradouro

343179979_970932684266641_59664085954153

342731230_2104240993114953_4753568279398

Pode ser uma imagem de comboio e linha férrea

CP 1436, 1438 e 1461 com carruagens Schindler e Sorefame, UTD 592 225 -  linha do Douro

Edited by Sérgio

Though I don't plan to have any train MOCs in my town, I enjoy seeing them here on Eurobricks. Especially passenger trains. I think this one is one of my favorites. Great Job on the detail! 

Another fine example of Portuguese railroading. As this is a historic train, the consist being varied day to day is perfectly acceptable. The detail work on all parts of this is fantastic.

Now that’s a stunning train! The color scheme makes it so warm and cozy, it almost feels like the engine and coaches were made for each other.

Wonderfully colorful and really well built!
The whole train is an eye-catcher....

Thomas

Aboslutely fantastic! Also what a great consist that allows you to have such colour in your coaches! All that led by such a beautifully detailed diesel!

You mentioned it is being pulled by 2 PF motors, are these Large or Medium motors?

cheers,

On 4/24/2023 at 11:22 AM, The Brick Boss said:

Though I don't plan to have any train MOCs in my town, I enjoy seeing them here on Eurobricks. Especially passenger trains. I think this one is one of my favorites. Great Job on the detail! 

thank you!

On 4/24/2023 at 2:30 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Another fine example of Portuguese railroading. As this is a historic train, the consist being varied day to day is perfectly acceptable. The detail work on all parts of this is fantastic.

The guys on the shunting like to play a lot :P

On 4/24/2023 at 7:25 PM, Ferro-Friki said:

Now that’s a stunning train! The color scheme makes it so warm and cozy, it almost feels like the engine and coaches were made for each other.

The "sunset" color is ver cozy indeed! Thank you!

On 4/26/2023 at 8:08 AM, Darkkostas25 said:

Stunning and colourful. Cool usage snot/wedges for colour stripes. Bogies *_* i love them 

Thank you it was a fun job finding that solution!

On 4/26/2023 at 9:44 AM, Ts__ said:

Wonderfully colorful and really well built!
The whole train is an eye-catcher....

Thomas

Kudus to the real-life model! Thank you!

On 4/27/2023 at 3:08 PM, Supplement_Creatif said:

Aboslutely fantastic! Also what a great consist that allows you to have such colour in your coaches! All that led by such a beautifully detailed diesel!

You mentioned it is being pulled by 2 PF motors, are these Large or Medium motors?

cheers,

Thank you! just two train PF motors, however, the coaches have bearings, so there is no stress and glides well but I just try a few meters, I don't have much room for more test runs

15 hours ago, ivanlan9 said:

My favorite Sith Lord is at it again!  Great job, as usual, and of course we all hate you very much, @Sérgio!  Sigh.  :cry2:

Dark Side is cool, but now I run by the Creed because it's the new trend, This is the Way! Thank you!

11 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Those carriages look great. Nicely detailed.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

It's always a pleasure see your masterpiece! :wub: 

Thank you, you are always very kind!