Looks like TLG trying to trolling us.

Ah~~~ Can you see this never-relesed part? Do you want it? Do you want it?

No you can't get LOL~~~~

9 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

What a waste of good Technic parts that could have been sold on BaP instead.

I think it's quite clear that with the (imo) subpar service of Pick a Brick they are not that interested in selling a handful of parts to us (enthusiasts), but rather selling sets to the average person who sees such a car at an event (in this case, Le Mans) and wants one themselves. It's just a big marketing ploy, same with any of the other large cars they have made. 

So that's where all the Osprey panels went to... Though building these macro elements and using turntables to pop them together is a really innovative idea IMHO.

No matter what product you buy, part of the price goes to marketing. Why would LEGO be any different?

17 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Looks like TLG trying to trolling us.

Ah~~~ Can you see this never-relesed part? Do you want it? Do you want it?

No you can't get LOL~~~~

Do you mean the larger turn tables? I assume those will come in the new Liebherr crane. Where else would TLG need that part otherwise. They won't make new parts just for an event, exclusive recolors yes, but not new elements.

Never mind, those are regular z60 turn tables and the 15x15 Girders are just recolored to dbg.

Edited by R0Sch
correction

Just about finished building this set and I must say I very much enjoyed it. Also glad I bought it, almost didn't, mostly because of negative comments, fortunately I seldom base my decisions on others opinions.

However I did have one issue with the steering, not sure if others experienced it or not. During the build process the steering worked very smoothly until the front end module was attached, then suddenly the steering became hurky jerky and was not a smooth operation at all. Checked to make sure I got everything put together correctly, still the issue persisted.

Ended up replacing the two blue 12z gears on the steering rack with the old black double bevel 12z gears. Problem solved works smooth as silk now. 

Honestly surprised nobody has mentioned this issue, as I am sure others have experienced the same problem, maybe it just isn't that big of a deal to others, lol.

Also as I was building, I constantly think of alternate models to build and useful ways to utilize new parts, I couldn't help but think of a submarine for a B model, probably just because of the way the whole driver compartment looks and the color. So I already can't wait to tear it down and start working on the sub. Really like this set, even with all the cars LEGO throws us.

Edited by Johnny1360
Added stuff

On 4/14/2023 at 9:58 PM, Zerobricks said:

If you look at the real suspension in more detail, you will see standard shock absorbers won't work, because one the shock absorbers has to deal with pushing AND pulling, depending on which side the car tilts. I tried a setup like this a while ago and it's really massive, too big for a 1:10 car:

I think the designer did an excellent work given the limitations, the setup looks very close to the original.

Well, it won't be 100% accurate but will replicate it closer (for a given 1:10 scale, for sure), if the diagonal "dumper" (that acts as a sway/antiroll-bar) will be made of a small pneumatic cylinder, half-extended in the normal position.
Its inner friction will resist to single-side suspension arm movements and will work similarly to this construction.
P.S. Sorry for answering the way old post.

On 5/9/2023 at 8:55 PM, Jundis said:

Funny video I found about the real car.

Seems like TLG again choose a car which isn't a champion, similar to the 42141 McLaren, which only finished 5th place in the constructors championsship.

Ohh, so it becomes a victim of its own over-engineering with floor-downforce... It badly reminds me of Mercedes-Benz CLR's sad story.

Edited by Void_S

Does anyone have instructions on how to motorize this set? Preferably something cheap too.

These should be the extra parts.

53001820352_7bbf59d311_c.jpg

The studded parts are only to clean the look on the roof air intake.

@efferman1 of each? I also don't see the Accubox. Can you provide the exact names as they appear in the store?

Edited by hello1322

Anyone know of a way to add an automatic gearbox onto this while being remote controlled?