-DoNe-

[MOC] Emerald Night Coach

Hello.

Im not to fond of the tender or the coach that came with the Emerald Night. This can be seen as blasphemy but I  wholeheartedly believe the Engine deserved better. So thats what I intended to "fix".

So far its built in Studio but it will be built in bricks as soon as Im happy with the end result.

The design and color scheme stays true to the original passenger car design but it have been widened and made longer. Working on a 8-stud wide basis meant that the tender had to be made wider as well to make the transition between the tender and the coach seem more fluid.

Tweaks are still being made so criticism and tips are welcome. 

Lego emerald night passanger car MOCLego emerald night passanger car MOCLego emerald night passanger car MOCLego emerald night passanger car MOC

Thanks for looking!

Nice work!

But I have to point out that the big windows run $15 each, and you've got 8, so that's $120US right there. ...

2 hours ago, ivanlan9 said:

Nice work!

But I have to point out that the big windows run $15 each, and you've got 8, so that's $120US right there. ...

...Depends on how important it is for you that there is a LEGO logo on the studs ;) If it doesn't matter, it can be done way cheaper

16 hours ago, Darkkostas25 said:

Nice one! Great detail of interior 

Thank you!. Plan is to add lights to the coach so it will be visible as well.

5 hours ago, ivanlan9 said:

Nice work!

Luckily the Emerald Night passenger car comes with 10. :wink:

2 hours ago, Nikonissen said:

...Depends on how important it is for you that there is a LEGO logo on the studs ;) If it doesn't matter, it can be done way cheaper

Since I have more than what I need I thankfully don't have to think about the price of them. Although it would be interesting to know where those knock-offs could be bought?

The only issue is that it rides as high as the locomotive. I'd make an effort to drop it by a plate or two.

... then again, the proportions of the Lego engine are so wonky, it probably doesn't matter.

15 hours ago, LordsofMedieval said:

The only issue is that it rides as high as the locomotive. I'd make an effort to drop it by a plate or two.

... then again, the proportions of the Lego engine are so wonky, it probably doesn't matter.

Great suggestion, something I missed completely. Will definitely fix that when I get around to built it in real bricks! :sweet:

On 4/4/2023 at 8:26 AM, -DoNe- said:

Although it would be interesting to know where those knock-offs could be bought?

Here: https://www.bluebrixx.com/de/windows-and-doors/606814/BPP6556-tan-TRAIN-WINDOW-FRAME-1X4X3-X-25-BB-Part-Packs

Provided the color is "tan". 25 pieces for €4,95. You need the glass windows as well ... but ones browsing in dark side, you'll find them.

Best,
Thorsten

21 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Amazing wagon, beautiful interior! :wub:

Thanks! Definitely one of my favorite things with moving to 8-wide is the amount of interior space there is!

19 hours ago, Toastie said:

Here: https://www.bluebrixx.com/de/windows-and-doors/606814/BPP6556-tan-TRAIN-WINDOW-FRAME-1X4X3-X-25-BB-Part-Packs

Provided the color is "tan". 25 pieces for €4,95. You need the glass windows as well ... but ones browsing in dark side, you'll find them.

Best,
Thorsten

Thanks! 

18 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Oh, that's a lovely interior!

Thank you. :laugh: