Sign in to follow this  
Keymonus

[OL-FB] Ten million silver livres

Jiangkai, El Oleonda, March 623

After some silver nuggets were found by chance in a field outside the town, an exploitable vein of the mineral was discovered on the nearby hills. In the next weeks, a mine was set up, and a steady flow of silver started reaching Jiangkai.

Jiangkai silver mine

Soon, the valuable metal will leave the settlement in the form of ingots and silver livres, the Oleander equivalent of pesos, shillings or pieces of eight.

Jiangkai silver mine

Before this can happen, however, the valuable lore must be reduced into small pieces with hammers and pickaxes…

Jiangkai silver mine 

…transported to the surface (currently in bags and canisters, but soon rails and carts will be implemented)…

Jiangkai silver mine

…and washed in a stream of water, to separate the heavy pieces of metal from the lighter bits of stone.

Jiangkai silver mine

The mine is expected to be a valuable asset for the nation, with an expected yield of at least ten million silver livres.

Therefore, even if a pile of unrefined silver minerals somewhere on a hill is very unlikely to be stolen, the mine is constantly guarded by a small detachment of soldiers.  In this moment the men on duty are zouaves from New Oleon… a dull task, but definitely less risky than fighting the Lotii in the jungle!

Overall view:

Jiangkai silver mine

————————

Licensed as silver mine in Jiangkai 

Great photos of the silver mine and workers. I like the washed in a stream of water scene the best. The guy on the left is laughing because he's about to splash a bucketful of water in the face of the sweaty guy on the right. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by NOD

On 3/19/2023 at 3:54 PM, NOD said:

Great photos of the silver mine and workers. I like the washed in a stream of water scene the best. The guy on the left is laughing because he's about to splash a bucketful of water in the face of the sweaty guy on the right. :pir_laugh2:

Thank you! I didn’t really think about that detail, but I like the idea!

3 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Congrats on your fine mine! Will you be selling it to the RNTC?

Thanks! Currently I need a steady income more than cash, so I prefer to keep it on my personal account.