Sign in to follow this  
Michael217

[MOC]◄Dodge Charger 1970 Drift Project►[2023]

800x293.jpg

Welcome to my garage LEGO!!!

Hello! My name is Michael. I'm a Builder from Russia, I love muscle cars! 

Dodge Charger 1970 Drift Project

This is an updated Dodge risen from the ashes, returned in a new guise and a powerful filling!

Description:

-Godzimotor Drive
-Steering Geekservo
-RCBrick Management
-Independent front suspension, rear axle
-Working V8
-The steering wheel turns with wheels
-Doors open, trunk
-Detailing in the cabin
-Manual mechanism for opening the headlights from the interior
-Weight 1.7 kg, Length 49 cm.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lego_muscle_garage/

Join my group in VK: https://vk.com/legomusclegarage

All photos on the link: https://bricksafe.com/pages/Michael217/dodge-charger-1970-drift-project

1280x818.jpg1280x757.jpg1280x774.jpg1280x813.jpg1280x731.jpg1280x872.jpg

Enjoy your viewing! Rate, comment! Thanks!)

Edited by Michael217

Fantastic looking model! The stance is spot on, love the color choice. The exploded view is awesome! :)

Oh, with Lego wheels something should have been done a long time ago.

The model is great! *oh2*

Edited by Igor1

Very nice looking work! It doesn't just look accurate; its also got a great attitude to it!

I'd be curious for some more details about the electronics. I'm decently familiar with the RCBrick and GeekServo, but what is this "Godzimotor"?

3 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Very nice looking work! It doesn't just look accurate; its also got a great attitude to it!

I'd be curious for some more details about the electronics. I'm decently familiar with the RCBrick and GeekServo, but what is this "Godzimotor"?

Thanks! This motor is from a Russian developer, the size is like an XL motor, but a little longer, in power like 2 buggy motors and has a standard PF connector. 1280x960.jpg

1 hour ago, FriedlS said:

Looks really great! I would also like to know more about this Godzimotor and RCBrick 😊

RCBrick is also of Russian design, in size as a PF controller, but is controlled by standard RC equipment, has two connectors for PF motors. Currently not produced(

Edited by Michael217

17 minutes ago, Michael217 said:

Thanks! This motor is from a Russian developer, the size is like an XL motor, but a little longer, in power like 2 buggy motors and has a standard PF connector. 

Wow, that's a lot of them in that picture! Would it be a good inference that those are 3D-printed cases housing motors of the style seen in the rear left of your picture, but with planetary gearing added?

I 3D-printed a case for one of those motors once, but adding the gearing would be a super useful touch.

18 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Wow, that's a lot of them in that picture! Would it be a good inference that those are 3D-printed cases housing motors of the style seen in the rear left of your picture, but with planetary gearing added?

I 3D-printed a case for one of those motors once, but adding the gearing would be a super useful touch. 

That's right, the cases are printed on a 3d printer and here's a motor inside) The photo is not mine, it's the seller's)

Brave car! The soft suspension looks very realistic and it even disintegrates like a real car. :wink: Thanks for the detailed pictures, especially of the drive train.

Are those differentials in the motors 3D printed too? if yes, how long will they last/survive? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

Edited by pow

11 hours ago, pow said:

Are those differentials in the motors 3D printed too? if yes, how long will they last/survive? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months? 

Thanks! Only the body and cover are printed, all the insides are from the factory and from the XL Lego motor

That's a pretty complete package for a Lego car! Complete RC drivetrain with relatively small motors, working fake engine, steering, suspension, all packaged in a neat looking body. Really nice stretching the limits of what could be possible with lego. And shows how far official lego is from reaching its full potential. Just compare this with the official Charger..

I love those large motors, something powerful in a good form factor. So are you saying that the motor itself is a much more powerful one than the XL, the planetary gearing is from the XL, and the case is the only 3D printed part? That sounds like a nice combination.

Is it possible to buy it somewhere? I haven't found much by searching the internet..

I'd also be interested in the rest of the electronics. What power source are you using? Can RCBrick control a regular PF motor / PF servo and a Geekservo too? As far as I understand a Geekservo requires a different PWM signal than a lego PF servo, and has different connectors too. Does RCBrick include an ESC as well?

Also, the rear suspension seems to have some funky building techniques in it, such as those linkages. Can you show more details of that? The Godzimotor is on the axle itself, right?

31 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Also, the rear suspension seems to have some funky building techniques in it, such as those linkages. Can you show more details of that? The Godzimotor is on the axle itself, right?

Godzimotor is as powerful as 2 buggy motors, 2 PF motors and a separate Geekservo input are connected to RC Brick from the side.

Seller Godzimotor - https://www.instagram.com/gears_of_doctor/?igshid=ramig0znaq4r

1280x854.jpg

On 2/3/2023 at 3:10 PM, gyenesvi said:

The rods have this design. That's right, the motor is mounted directly on the bridge, the torque is transmitted through the chain to the beige gear.800x532.png

On 2/3/2023 at 1:45 PM, Michael217 said:

Godzimotor is as powerful as 2 buggy motors, 2 PF motors and a separate Geekservo input are connected to RC Brick from the side.

Seller Godzimotor - https://www.instagram.com/gears_of_doctor/?igshid=ramig0znaq4r

Thanks for the info, nice setup, I'll try to message the seller and see if it's possible to get something.

15 hours ago, Michael217 said:

The rods have this design. That's right, the motor is mounted directly on the bridge, the torque is transmitted through the chain to the beige gear.

Interesting idea as well, but I was wondering what is stopping the links from sliding apart and the whole axle sliding backwards? Because the 2x4 L-shaped beams can't seem to be holding the O frame in position either as they are only flexibly connected to the H beam on the ball joint, so they would also allow the O frame to move backwards. Is there something that fixes it on the top (which seems hard as the chain is in the way), or did you maybe glue the links together? :)

3 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Because the 2x4 L-shaped beams can't seem to be holding the O frame in position either as they are only flexibly connected to the H beam on the ball joint, so they would also allow the O frame to move backwards. Is there something that fixes it on the top (which seems hard as the chain is in the way), or did you maybe glue the links together? :)

No glue :) There is a rigid connection above, so nothing diverges)

17 hours ago, Daniel-99 said:

The perfection has been achieved with this car! Well done! 

Thank you very much! Perhaps it turned out to be the best Dodge in lego!)