Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I like that Maleficent has more movie accurate printing on her torso and new skirt piece. I'm not a fan of her new face though. The one raised eyebrow look seems more accurate to the modern CGI Disney characters like Elsa. Her eye makeup was more accurate on the old figure as well. Maybe it's the lighting of the photos, but it seems like her horns headpiece won't be rubber anymore which is an improvement.

Looking at Jafar up close, I can see why they couldn't use the headpiece with the pointed ears because his eyebrows extend up so high that they'd be covered up. The gold stud doesn't look bad on him but he won't match Genie at all.

The Sleeping Beauty VHS cover looks great. The Little Mermaid VHS tape is the most intriguing because it gives us a glimpse of what a human Ariel minifigure might look like, both in her pink dress and her blue dress. Not to mention the Prince Eric figure.

Must say, I'm much more in love with the Villains Icons set now with better photos. I still wish they had given Maleficent a cape but that can be fixed easily. Also loving that they synched Gaston's waist. :laugh_hard: 

Also hoping those Little Mermaid shots are foreshadowing potential Ariel and Eric classic minifigures before the 100 line is done.

Edited by OttoRiver

The evil Queen hiding inside her apple. Just what we always wanted!

Quite a fun random stuff set, though it's still random stuff with desirable Minifigures tacked on.

I am definitely going to get both sets!!!

People were complaining that the printed hair of the Evil Witch looks awkward... now I do agree!

I am still scratching my head why they left out Cinderella from the pile of 'memorabilia'. The whole pile looks like it could be a bookend. Wonder if Lego might make the other 'half'. LOL

And I still think there should have been 7 minifigs in the Villains set!

Edited by hikouki

5 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Maybe it's the lighting of the photos, but it seems like her horns headpiece won't be rubber anymore which is an improvement.

It is hard plastic now - change was made in the 4+ minidoll Sleeping Beauty set in January

4 hours ago, hikouki said:

I am still scratching my head why they left out Cinderella from the pile of 'memorabilia'. The whole pile looks like it could be a bookend. Wonder if Lego might make the other 'half'. LOL

That would be a welcome surprise. Unless they do a "Heroes Icons" as the counter to put in people like Merida, Tarzan, Young Hercules, and Raya.

Just noticed the misprint on the Disney Duos box. It lists Beauty and the Beast as 1992 release date when the film released in 1991

7 hours ago, hikouki said:

The whole pile looks like it could be a bookend. Wonder if Lego might make the other 'half'. LOL

That's what I thought when I saw it originally. That and it felt like the Disney version of the Hogwarts Icons set. Two big differences here though are the fact that this could be used more practically and the minifigures included aren't just gold versions of existing characters. Not that Hogwarts Icons isn't a great set for what it is, but it's expensive if you want 'normal' minifigures and it takes up a lot of space with Hedwig's wingspan. 

If they did a Heroes set to counter this one I'm sure people would go mad for it and a lot of people would buy both sets with the express intention of using them as some sort of bookends.

And I love the little toothy smile for the Evil Witch. :laugh:

The sets look really great and all, but I feel like this year is missing more sets like the house from Up

Every set is different from each other, and while I appreciate that fact, it feels like all the sets are some weird kind of gimmicks with a really narrow consumer target.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The sets look really great and all, but I feel like this year is missing more sets like the house from Up

Every set is different from each other, and while I appreciate that fact, it feels like all the sets are some weird kind of gimmicks with a really narrow consumer target.

100% agree. It definitely feels like Lego sets as part of the Disney 100 promotion, rather than Disney 100 sets for Lego fans (which it absolutely is).

I'm sure after this year Disney sets will continue and Lego could do some really cool stuff. We know a Nightmare Before Christmas sets in production, but I'd love to see a Pride Rock set.

So another set leaked, this time from dreamzzz, and one of those new hair molds looks exactly like Megara’s IMO. What set would she come in though?

How long is the lead time for Lego to get (large) sets on to retailers’ shelves?

Only two months remaining before July…

That castle has gotta leak soon! Nail-biting… lol

Edited by hikouki

I’m loving the reveal of the Villains Icons set .. I like how they all have a hiding place. The toothy grin on the old hag is great although the “hair” still looks strange. Whilst in the Lego store today for my minifig series I picked up the LIttle Mermaid set .. had a quick look at it and put it back down, the desire to buy it just wasn’t there at all. I like it and I’m planning on getting it, but it’s a “meh .. it can wait” for me. 

The minifigures are fantastic 😁

I wonder if a companion set would feature the protagonists who oppose the villains.

Belle, the Beast, the Prince, or Maurice instead of Gaston

Prince Ali Aladdin, Purple or Red Outfit Jasmine, Genie, or the Sultan instead of Jafar

Prince Phillip, Blue Dress Aurora, or Briar Rose instead of Maleficent (I can't see them only including one of the Three Good Fairies)

Rags Snow White, Prince Florian, or one of the Seven Dwarfs instead of the Witch

Human Ariel, Prince Eric, or King Triton instead of Ursula

Has anyone found the Disney CMF at any major retailers (Target, Walmart, Kohls, etc)?  Thinking about venturing out to look for them, but I can't find online retail listings yet so I wasn't sure.

7 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Has anyone found the Disney CMF at any major retailers (Target, Walmart, Kohls, etc)?  Thinking about venturing out to look for them, but I can't find online retail listings yet so I wasn't sure.

Hit all 3 this afternoon and nothing. I’ve been checking the past week or two as well since others were finding them early.

barnes and noble stores seem to have them out already, just not one close enough that I can run to today

9 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I've found them at Walmart and Kohl's so far.

2 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

I’m loving the reveal of the Villains Icons set .. I like how they all have a hiding place. The toothy grin on the old hag is great although the “hair” still looks strange. Whilst in the Lego store today for my minifig series I picked up the LIttle Mermaid set .. had a quick look at it and put it back down, the desire to buy it just wasn’t there at all. I like it and I’m planning on getting it, but it’s a “meh .. it can wait” for me. 

The minifigures are fantastic 😁

If the set ends up being on a deep discount, then I will buy it.

But most likely, I will just bricklink Triton.

1 hour ago, Virdenemt said:

I firmly believe that there will be a Heroes set to bookend the Villains set.

Hope so too!

54 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I wonder if a companion set would feature the protagonists who oppose the villains.

Belle, the Beast, the Prince, or Maurice instead of Gaston

Prince Ali Aladdin, Purple or Red Outfit Jasmine, Genie, or the Sultan instead of Jafar

Prince Phillip, Blue Dress Aurora, or Briar Rose instead of Maleficent (I can't see them only including one of the Three Good Fairies)

Rags Snow White, Prince Florian, or one of the Seven Dwarfs instead of the Witch

Human Ariel, Prince Eric, or King Triton instead of Ursula

If Belle happens to be featured in the castle, then she would likely appear with the prince, instead of Beast??? Maybe... And perhaps Fairy Godmother will be in the Castle, too??? 

King Triton is unlikely as he is already featured in the non-Disney 100 set. And the designer said that one of Disney's goal with the set and the upcoming moving is to "re-tell" the story.

I think if there is a Heroes set/ Protagonists set, I vote for:

Beast, Sultan, a Fairy (from Sleeping Beauty)*, one of the Seven Dwarves*.

*because those characters are one of several, perhaps we will get more sets completing the rest of their crew?

I'm really hoping this is just the beginning. Villains set left us hanging. Lego, we want more characters!!!

I feel like *one* of the seven dwarves would be a silly choice, considering that all seven of them are set to appear in the leaked cottage set and that there are seven of them, one of the 3 fairies however would make more sense.

So I got the little mermaid clamshell today (HUGELY excited for the remake, I AM the target audience for this lol). It’s beautiful once built but I’m a little underwhelmed by some aspects? I could’ve sworn ursula had a cauldron when I first saw the leak, maybe my mind was screwing with me 😩 I think it would feel more complete with all of her sisters. Hopefully someone will make/sell customs of them because I’d definitely buy. 

Also swapped out Ariel's hairpiece for something closer to the movie, makes a big difference imo!

343989151_2133416976853242_2884437141105

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I feel like *one* of the seven dwarves would be a silly choice, considering that all seven of them are set to appear in the leaked cottage set and that there are seven of them, one of the 3 fairies however would make more sense.

When they make the (original) LOTR and Hobbit sets, they split up the Fellowship and the Dwarves across several sets, respectively. It was only in the recent Rivendell that they released the complete lineup together.

I, too would prefer them to appear together. Who knows if Disney will allow the dwarves to be made at all in that cottage as that set may likely end up being based off of the upcoming remake.

2 hours ago, hikouki said:

If Belle happens to be featured in the castle, then she would likely appear with the prince, instead of Beast??? Maybe... And perhaps Fairy Godmother will be in the Castle, too??? 

King Triton is unlikely as he is already featured in the non-Disney 100 set. And the designer said that one of Disney's goal with the set and the upcoming moving is to "re-tell" the story.

I think if there is a Heroes set/ Protagonists set, I vote for:

Beast, Sultan, a Fairy (from Sleeping Beauty)*, one of the Seven Dwarves*.

*because those characters are one of several, perhaps we will get more sets completing the rest of their crew?

I'm really hoping this is just the beginning. Villains set left us hanging. Lego, we want more characters!!!

Belle has four dresses in her movie so even if she's in the castle set in her gold ballgown (with either the Prince or the Beast), they could put her in a heroes set with another one of her looks. For that matter, even if the Beast is the one in the castle set, they still could use the Beast again in one of his other outfits because he has several as well. Even the Prince has his transformation look and then his formal outfit. 

I don't think King Triton popping up in the recent set precludes him from appearing in another set in his animated form. It is unlikely that we'd get multiple versions of him since he's not a hugely popular character, but I don't think it's impossible either. Especially if a potential heroes companion set isn't released until much later on.

And we could easily get another villains set as well. There are still several villains left like Lady Tremaine, Frollo, Madame Medusa, Stromboli, Governor Ratcliffe, Pete, the Horned King, Madam Mim, Mother Gothel, Prince Hans, or even Vanessa.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

That's only if the set is for sure going to be made. Also, it's far more common to see an individual dwarf in Disney merchandise, typically either Dopey or Grumpy. I've rarely ever seen merchandise where they only include one of the fairies. They're typically a package deal. Including only 1/3 is a lot more egregious than 1/7 imo. A bit like only making one of the Three Little Pigs or making Tweedledee but not Tweedledum. 

Although an easy fix for the fairies would be to make a fairies set as the companion set. We've already gotten tons of Tinker Bells but there's still the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella, the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio, and then Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty. In theory they could just include the three Sleeping Beauty fairies with either the Blue Fairy or Fairy Godmother or just "splurge" and include 5 minifigures instead of 4.