Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

28 minutes ago, strangely said:

I could see them doing silvers versions of characters we've already gotten, but that's the only scenario I see that happening in. It seems pretty obvious people would be upset to get a weird event variation of a character without ever getting a regular version.

The promo does seem to suggest a new Tinkerbell variation. Not a fan of the wand though, I don't think that style really fits the Disney wand look too well.

The Brickheadz are pretty neat too, it definitely makes me think Snow White and Oswald will show up as minifigures. I just hope they go light on using Toy Story and Frozen characters (they feel overexposed to me at this point). I'm hoping to finally fill in some of the princess characters (Cinderella, Belle, Beast) and the villains (Lady Tremaine, Queen of Hearts).

I'm excited to see what this theme brings!

Really hoping for Snow White and at least another princess.

Thinking about it more, perhaps we could infer that Lego really would like to feature Snow White during the anniversary sets given that they even thought of having that Ideas set. But was reportedly canceled by Disney itself. I think a CMF figure would be the only 'discreet' way of featuring her.

I’m hoping that the promo teaser might be The Blue Fairy from Pinocchio ( original animated version ) I know Tinkerbell had a wand in the Disney Castle set ( and yeah this was based on the parks ) but in the movie she never carried a wand. The Blue Fairy would look great with the dress slope and a new pair of large translucent wings. The song from Pinocchio “When you wish upon a star” seems very fitting for the theme too 🙏🏼😁

Edited by Jarreth2

14 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

I’m hoping that the promo teaser might be The Blue Fairy from Pinocchio ( original animated version ) I know Tinkerbell had a wand in the Disney Castle set ( and yeah this was based on the parks ) but in the movie she never carried a wand. The Blue Fairy would look great with the dress slope and a new pair of large translucent wings. The song from Pinocchio “When you wish upon a star” seems very fitting for the theme too 🙏🏼😁

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the minifigure on the promotional image clearly has a flesh arm instead of blue, so she's not The Blue Fairy.

@PGBQW no rain here friend ️ .. google Disney’s original Blue Fairy from the animated Pinocchio she’s flesh toned as is the minifigure in the teaser image .. not blue .. so as I’m not holding out much hope that it will definitely be her, my initial thought is right, she ‘could’ still be her 👍🏼

Edited by Jarreth2

1 hour ago, Jarreth2 said:

[…] she’s flesh toned as is the minifigure in the teaser image .. not blue ..

The blue fairy’s dress has blue semi-transparent sleeves, so the minifig’s arms shouldn’t be flesh-toned if it actually was supposed to be her :tongue: So this has to be Tinkerbell

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

3 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

@PGBQW no rain here friend ️ .. google Disney’s original Blue Fairy from the animated Pinocchio she’s flesh toned as is the minifigure in the teaser image .. not blue .. so as I’m not holding out much hope that it will definitely be her, my initial thought is right, she ‘could’ still be her 👍🏼

I mean, she wears a semi-transparent sleeves, so I don't think they'd go for flesh, but stranger things have happened so you never know

2 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

What if the teaser is actually Asha from upcoming movie Wish? That movie is made for 100th anniversary, after all.

She's Hindi, and wears long sleeves. 

@PGBQW @BrickBob Studpants .. i see where you’re coming from now .. yeah the sleeves of the dress are very sheer fabric, I imagine if it is the Blue Fairy Lego might have done away with the sleeves completely as there’s no real way of doing it justice, hoping it’s not Tinkerbell as we already have her .. I’m eager for some more details now as we all are 😁👍🏼

On 1/4/2023 at 9:50 PM, strangely said:

I could see them doing silvers versions of characters we've already gotten, but that's the only scenario I see that happening in. It seems pretty obvious people would be upset to get a weird event variation of a character without ever getting a regular version.

The promo does seem to suggest a new Tinkerbell variation. Not a fan of the wand though, I don't think that style really fits the Disney wand look too well.

The Brickheadz are pretty neat too, it definitely makes me think Snow White and Oswald will show up as minifigures. I just hope they go light on using Toy Story and Frozen characters (they feel overexposed to me at this point). I'm hoping to finally fill in some of the princess characters (Cinderella, Belle, Beast) and the villains (Lady Tremaine, Queen of Hearts).

I'm excited to see what this theme brings!

I'd rather see more new properties than Toy Story and Frozen as well. That being said, I wouldn't mind a Bo Peep in her classic dress or Elsa and Anna in their Frozen 2 looks. I can see Elsa in her white dress getting a figure because of her popularity and because of how heavily Disney has revamped most of the Elsa merchandise to be based off her new look now. Even in the Disney Parks, all the events and shows featuring Elsa depict her in the white dress now.

We definitely need the rest of the princesses though. Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, and Belle and the miscellaneous characters from their movies seem long overdue now. Pocahontas as well. 

4 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

@PGBQW @BrickBob Studpants .. i see where you’re coming from now .. yeah the sleeves of the dress are very sheer fabric, I imagine if it is the Blue Fairy Lego might have done away with the sleeves completely as there’s no real way of doing it justice, hoping it’s not Tinkerbell as we already have her .. I’m eager for some more details now as we all are 😁👍🏼

Figurines of the Blue Fairy sometimes depict her sleeves as a pale blue. Either the same shade of blue as her dress or a lighter shade overall. Her main dress sparkles so if they put some sort of sparkle effect on her torso, her sleeves would stand out in comparison. 

On 1/4/2023 at 5:22 PM, DisneyLego said:

Good point, it’ll be nice for those who weren’t able to get her with the castle when it was available, though I’m still holding out hope for a Pinocchio set.

The same thought occurred to me as well when we saw the silver accessory pieces in the teaser ad. It’d be a huge disappointment for me if that’s what the series ends up being but of course I’ll still be a sucker for them and end up buying a case

I would love a Pinocchio set too especially a Blue Fairy minifigure. However, besides some of the evidence others have used to suggest that the flesh arm in the promo image would probably belong to Tinker Bell and not the Blue Fairy, there's also the fact that the Blue Fairy isn't a character who tends to get a lot of merchandise. She's pretty rare to find products of which also makes me think it isn't likely this is a minifigure of her. 

And like you, I'm not thrilled with the idea of the series featuring all the Disney characters in silver, but I'll likely end up getting them anyway.

On 1/4/2023 at 7:14 PM, Accio Lego said:

That’s definitely been a somewhat unwelcome suspicion I’ve been trying to internally squash myself recently. CMFs are known for introducing new molds and it would feel like a tragic waste of the Disney 100 one had almost nothing but recolors of characters lego had already done. 

That said, I did have a thought upon seeing today’s news - the platinum branding isn’t just for the CMF, it’s for an entire wave of sets, which we’re still hearing about additions to. Seeing the actual logo made me think of the Harry Potter 20th anniversary sets from a couple years back and that made me think of the golden figures that came in most of that year’s Harry Potter wave.

What if lego has something similar planned for the Disney 100 wave? Harry Potter proved that doing unique metallic figs didn’t prohibitively eat up the budget of a set, so it’s hardly impossible - especially since there’s 2 CMFs + several miscellaneous sets worth of unique molds for the most iconic characters that are ready and waiting to be reused. 

Just going through Jedi JAC Penguin’s 2023 list, it looks like we’re getting 6 or 7 minifigure sets with the Disney 100 branding. Theoretically, we could see platinum figures going like this:

43212 - {? Disney Birthday Train ?}
      (4+) - Might be skipped because it’s 4+

43215 - {? TBA Classic Disney
      Animation ?} - Platinum Donald (based of his sailor hat in the teaser splash) 

43217 - {? Carl's House ?} - Platinum Woody (based off the cowboy hat in the teaser splash, paired up with the only known Pixar set in the line since Woody is the first Pixar MC)

43220 - {? Peter Pan & Wendy's
      Storybook Adventures ?} - Platinum Tinkerbell (based off the wand in the official promo image, an anniversary bonus fig would be a perfect excuse to include a Tinkerbell minifig in the set despite being out of scale with the other characters)

43221 - {? TBA Classic Disney
      Animation ?} - Platinum Daisy ( based off flower in the teaser splash) 

43225 - {? Castle ?} (18+) might not be Classic Animation, but it’s 18+ so I included it to be safe - Platinum Genie/Aladdin (based off lamp in the teaser splash)

43230 - {? TBA Classic Disney
      Animation ?} (18+) - Platinum Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy, possibly with Platinum Pluto as accessory (Harry Potter 20th D2C featured 3 anniversary minifigs, so I suspect a Disney one might do something similar. Minnie and Pluto hinted at with bow and bone in the teaser splash image. Park Mickey frequently dons a top hat during celebrations, so top hat in teaser splash could refer to him)

Obviously it’s all just speculation with no actual evidence beyond teasers which might be purely thematic instead of referencing actual platinum pieces we’ll be seeing, but I do think the argument that doing a special anniversary figure of Tinkerbell as a bonus is the easiest way to fit her into a set she would otherwise be out of scale in is a compelling one. And having recolored characters as set bonuses instead of taking up spots in a CMF would definitely be a better allocation of resources  

I like your idea that they're going the Harry Potter route and each anniversary set will include an exclusive minfigure, but silver instead of gold as was done in Harry Potter. I think a lot of us would be a lot happier with this if they were extra minifigures rather than replacing existing slots in the CMF series. All the choices you said make sense as well except for Mickey with the top hat. The hat in the promo seems to be the Mad Hatter's hat based on the symbols included on the hat. 

That also worries me a bit because the Mad Hatter isn't a character we have a minfigure of so I wouldn't be very satisfied if the first version of him we ever get turns out to be an entirely silver one. Same with the other fan favs who have been requested a lot, like Snow White and Oswald, if they end up being included as silver versions. I'd much rather see characters who already have existing minifigures like the ones you mentioned, namely the Mickey and Friends characters, get the silver treatment than brand-new characters.

On 1/4/2023 at 10:21 PM, hikouki said:

Really hoping for Snow White and at least another princess.

Thinking about it more, perhaps we could infer that Lego really would like to feature Snow White during the anniversary sets given that they even thought of having that Ideas set. But was reportedly canceled by Disney itself. I think a CMF figure would be the only 'discreet' way of featuring her.

Snow White's been popping up in most of the 100 Years of Disney merchandise revealed so far so I'd be shocked if Lego didn't include her. The dwarfs, in comparison, have been completely absent which makes me think they were the main reason Disney vetoed the cottage set, not because of Snow White herself. Which sadly means we'll probably never get minifigures of any of the dwarfs.

I don't know why people are so worried that the CMF series will have silver minifigures. Maybe one as a chase figure, but if every character is a gimmicky recolor that is going to inherently limit the appeal of the series. People--especially kids--want Pinocchio to display and play with, not a statue of him.

On 1/6/2023 at 4:58 PM, SoupOrFishOil said:

I don't know why people are so worried that the CMF series will have silver minifigures. Maybe one as a chase figure, but if every character is a gimmicky recolor that is going to inherently limit the appeal of the series. People--especially kids--want Pinocchio to display and play with, not a statue of him.

This. Lego wants money and really everyone can see that making them silver would make the cmfs completely worthless for pretty much any target group. That won´t happen.

Back when the two Disney CMFs were released, Lego was making 18 in a roster. I just realized that around the same time, the Simpsons was only 16 instead? Perhaps because of the (cost of) exclusive moulds. Anyway, I wonder if Lego would even remotely consider going the opposite way, and making this Disney CMF 18 again instead of the current 12? After all, this is a Disney 100th anniversary special. (I personally would not mind paying extra for each minifig, given we have been so starved of all of these characters!)

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Back when the two Disney CMFs were released, Lego was making 18 in a roster. I just realized that around the same time, the Simpsons was only 16 instead? Perhaps because of the (cost of) exclusive moulds. Anyway, I wonder if Lego would even remotely consider going the opposite way, and making this Disney CMF 18 again instead of the current 12? After all, this is a Disney 100th anniversary special. (I personally would not mind paying extra for each minifig, given we have been so starved of all of these characters!)

Current rumors suggest it’s still 12 unfortunately. I think the Lego Minifigures theme might have overextended themselves by doing all the expanded rosters for licensed series (the first Harry Potter series was all the way up at 22!), so now that their standard series has been bumped down to 12 slots they’ve decided there will be no exceptions. It’s probably less of a risk that way in case a series totally flops (*cough* TLBM series 2). 

For the ‘classic animation’ sets coming up, could we expect them all to be ‘black and white’ sets like Steamboat Willie?

46 minutes ago, hikouki said:

For the ‘classic animation’ sets coming up, could we expect them all to be ‘black and white’ sets like Steamboat Willie?

The classic animation sets include the confirmed Peter Pan and Up sets, right? I doubt those would be black and white. The only black and white set we might get is if one of the classic animation sets features Mickey and the gang, such as Oswald. But if that's the only way to get an Oswald minifigure, they'll probably want him to be in color.

2 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

The classic animation sets include the confirmed Peter Pan and Up sets, right? I doubt those would be black and white. The only black and white set we might get is if one of the classic animation sets features Mickey and the gang, such as Oswald. But if that's the only way to get an Oswald minifigure, they'll probably want him to be in color.

I'm not a minidoll lover, but someone pointed out that those Disney Princess sets will be in the minidoll line. :(

21 minutes ago, Atrius Kain said:

18 minifigs for Disney 100 series!

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-71038-100-jahre-disney-minifiguren-leak/157052/

Oswald the funny rabbit

Pinocchio with printed fish bowl

Jiminy Cricket with Parasol

Magician Mickey with bucket and mop

Princess Tiana with printed 2×3 tile

dr Facilier with printed 1×2 tile and walking stick

queen of hearts

Princess Aurora with owl

Mulan with Cri-Kee on printed stone

Ernesto de la Cruz with guitar

Miguel with guitar and dog Dante

Pocahontas with 1×1 round tile with compass print

Cruella de Vil with Dalmatian

Robin Hood with bow

Prince John with bag

Stitch with four arms and ray guns

Baymax with red hoverboard

Evil Queen with Magic Mirror

LOVE this line-up! Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket, and Cruella are must-haves for me--and I know that my kids will want a lot of the others.

7 minutes ago, Atrius Kain said:

Promobricks also expect a snow white and seven dwarfs set...bros...

I hope this is true, because Snow White and Dopey were the other two characters I really wanted to get from the CMF series.

That's a pretty fabulous list. I don't want all of them, but many. And the variety is terrific, so definitely feels like something for everyone there. So glad they went with 18 instead of 12.

I agree that this list seems too good to be true, especially the 18 minifigures but maybe Disney demanded that Lego go all out for the 100 years anniversary. This is the first time that Disney animal characters (like Dante from Coco or the owl from Sleeping Beauty) are being used as accessories in the Disney CMF series.

This also seems to confirm that one of the Disney Classic Animation sets will be Alice in Wonderland themed because of the Mad Hatter hat we saw earlier. Hopefully this means that set will include some other Alice characters like the March Hare, Dormouse, or White Rabbit.

52 minutes ago, Atrius Kain said:

In the link it says they are only speculating that there will be a Snow White set since she didn't appear in this list, but there doesn't seem to be anything more concrete than that. Her omission, along with anyone from Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella, is still odd to me.

44 minutes ago, Atrius Kain said:

Yeah, the presence of just the evil queen kinda screams ‘Snow White is coming in a set’ 

44 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Has Baymax ever had a hoverboard? Or do they mean he'll have his red suit?

I imagine they’re talking about his charging station. It’s red and if you asked someone to describe it without context l wouldn’t be surprised if they went with ‘hoverboard’. 

Definitely impressed with this line up. Pocahontas and Coco would never have been my fist guesses for 90s and Pixar representation, but between those Mulan and Princess and the Frog there’s actually a very decent amount of non-white representation in this series. Some of there I’ll have to see before deciding on, but 626 Stitch and Cruella (mainly for the Dalmatian accessory) are definite must haves for me. 

That's a pretty interesting list. Getting the Queen of Hearts is great, I'd love to get a set with the Mad Hatter and White Rabbit too, an updated Alice with medium legs would be nice too.

I'm happy with the princess lineup so far. With the Evil Queen included that nearly confirms Snow White's inclusion. I'm just hoping we get Cinderella and Belle too.