Hi everyone,

My Midi-Scale TIE collection expands again with a new TIE starfighter: the TIE Striker from Rogue One.

Made of 730 pieces, this TIE Striker features a fully SNOT surface, a smooth cockpit section, and includes blaster cannons below the cockpit. Design-wise, this ship really felt like a natural continuation of my previous TIE Reaper MOC.

Although being almost Minifig-scaled, (hence the Midi-scale) this ship obviously doesn't have any interior due to the techniques used and small space allowed for the internal structure.

Due to the front-heavy nature of the design, a rather long (but very simple) stand had to be made in order for the ship to remain perfectly steady and horizontal.

The overall build is pleasantly sturdy for a display model and can be moved around easily.

Hope you guys like it!

Instructions for the TIE Striker are available on Rebrickable or via email at flyinspace.mocs@gmail.com

More pictures on my Flickr page.

52623353395_a631463fc8_z.jpg

52622919116_7b35263f32_z.jpg

52622919056_59dcaf7e40_z.jpg

52623400943_98e87ce46f_z.jpg

Edited by FlyInSpace

6 hours ago, Mr Ogel said:

a nice rendition, sleek and clean. I like it even I don't like this one Tie much.

Thank you!

I'm with Mr. Ogel on this one - as far as Tie design goes the Striker is not a compact, efficient design, yet still cool nonetheless.

Anyways, your midi scale MOC is perfect and much less ridiculous in size than the Lego's Official 2016-2017 model (which I own). Your rendition is worth the sacrifice in interior space! Lego didn't adequately use the extra space anyways.

Keep up the great Star Wars space building!

On 2/20/2023 at 10:29 AM, Brickshipyard said:

I'm with Mr. Ogel on this one - as far as Tie design goes the Striker is not a compact, efficient design, yet still cool nonetheless.

Anyways, your midi scale MOC is perfect and much less ridiculous in size than the Lego's Official 2016-2017 model (which I own). Your rendition is worth the sacrifice in interior space! Lego didn't adequately use the extra space anyways.

Keep up the great Star Wars space building!

Thanks so much! Yeah it's surely one of the stupidest looking TIEs, but I love the unique look. Glad you like it!

Brilliant representation of the on-screen ship - love it.

The Tie Striker doesn't seem to get much love from the Lego community so it's nice to see such a quality model - well done dude :)

Edited by belkor
spelling