Clone OPatra

Jurassic Park/World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

If someone could brick build a replacement for the body and legs of the brachiosaurus it could work pretty well, but someone or me would need to do some detailed measurements of the dinosaur to even try making that.

2 hours ago, Time Dragon said:

If someone could brick build a replacement for the body and legs of the brachiosaurus it could work pretty well, but someone or me would need to do some detailed measurements of the dinosaur to even try making that.

That would look terrible.

47 minutes ago, Time Dragon said:

Probably it's why I prefer molded dinos.

Both are fine, but a combination of moulds and bricks is an awful idea.

I actually prefer brickbuilt ones. T. Rex from the diorama looks incredible. 

I've always been a huge fan of moulds, but after some thought and falling in love with Avatar sets, well... Jurassic theme is no place for lego to start making a new Dino style. But I wouldn't mind a new, NON-LICENSED dinosaur theme with Avatar-style dinos. 

Imagine something like wild west with dinosaurs? 

Edited by Dilox

Hopefully The Lost World can eventually get a wave of sets like this.  That movie had plenty of vehicles and locations that could easily translate into sets.

6 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Hopefully The Lost World can eventually get a wave of sets. 

My favourite movie! And the only "Jurassic" one not to get any lego sets :/

8 minutes ago, Dilox said:

My favourite movie! And the only "Jurassic" one not to get any lego sets :/

Wait. There were some JP III sets?

7 minutes ago, Mr. Cube said:

Wait. There were some JP III sets?

Indeed! The first ever Jurassic Sets! Numbers 1370 and 1371

51 minutes ago, Dilox said:

Indeed! The first ever Jurassic Sets! Numbers 1370 and 1371

Still need that updated spino 

plus the camo truck from the lost world

6 hours ago, Maple said:

The brachiosaurus from 20 years ago looks a lot better

You might want to take another look.

I've scrutinised the promo pics way too much (yay Mr. DNA) and I'm a little disappointed the 76958 Nedry's Jeep isn't the same build as in the more expensive 76960 Brachiosaurus set.

Comparison: 

Spoiler

NH665LC.png

Brick built canopy aside, I couldn't work out why I preferred one over the other until I realised Nedry's might use slightly less parts for a smaller set. 

The thing that stand out to me, other than a slightly different front and back end, is that 76960 uses a 2x6 tile for the door panel with 2x6 sticker (to fit two minfigures side by side) and 76958 is instead one stud wide meaning a smaller cabin and a smaller JP logo on a much smaller 1x4 sticker.

I'd already planned to mod it to slim down the canopy, add four individual spotlights side by side to the roof, swap out some of the medium nougat muddy pieces and drop the running board down a plate. So I could make the cabin wider to fit two minifigures abreast but the stickers for the door panel will be lacking.

On 2/24/2023 at 2:47 PM, Time Dragon said:

The way the descriptions said shaving cream can and not Barbasol can makes me think it won't be a printed piece. Fingers crossed.

You're in luck.

14 minutes ago, rebelpilot said:

Brick built canopy aside, I couldn't work out why I preferred one over the other until I realised Nedry's might use slightly less parts for a smaller set. 

I think it has more to do with the age ranges, the Brachiosaurus set is 9+ and Nedry's set is 6+. They do almost entirely straight up and down building for the younger age ranges. The headlight setup is also slightly different, but I think if you can get the brackets and put the stickers on 2x6 tiles you can easily mod Nedry's Jeep to the more advanced one

3 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

They do almost entirely straight up and down building for the younger age ranges. 

Yes, that explains the differences. I didn't think about different intended ages. 

9 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Hopefully The Lost World can eventually get a wave of sets like this.  That movie had plenty of vehicles and locations that could easily translate into sets.

Since the Lost World movie was released in 1997, we have 4 years left to wait, which it’s not awesome.  Unless, we would get some sweet surprises.

and there are so many dinosaurus that we don’t get yet, such as Para, Compy, Pachy, and Stego.

Edited by Lion King

5 hours ago, 0tter said:

You might want to take another look.

The head is awful but it's the same basic design, just smaller and has MOVING LEGS! The fact the new one doesn't is  pathetic and a disgrace to the scene.

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

Since the Lost World movie was released in 1997, we have 5 years left to wait

What year is it?

The brachiosaurus set is on US lego.com now.

Is it just me or do some of the pictures of the brachiosaurus have solid studs and some are hollow.

I am looking at the lego website brachiosaurus pictures 1/8 and 7/8. 1/8 looks solid and 7/8 is definitely hollow.

32 minutes ago, Time Dragon said:

The brachiosaurus set is on US lego.com now.

Is it just me or do some of the pictures of the brachiosaurus have solid studs and some are hollow.

I am looking at the lego website brachiosaurus pictures 1/8 and 7/8. 1/8 looks solid and 7/8 is definitely hollow.

Agreed. The first image has solid studs. The 3D render and lifestyle photo are hollow studs.

5 hours ago, Lion King said:

Since the Lost World movie was released in 1997, we have 4 years left to wait, which it’s not awesome.  Unless, we would get some sweet surprises.

and there are so many dinosaurus that we don’t get yet, such as Para, Compy, Pachy, and Stego.

They teased the para in the visitor centre set

32 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

They teased the para in the visitor centre set

I wouldn't say that's a "tease" as much as just staying true to the production design from the film.

I feel like if LEGO ever did a Stegosaurus, they would reuse the lower body piece they introduced for the Ankylosaurus, plus use the Anylosaurus/Triceratops legs.  Pachycephalosaurus would probably just be Stygimoloch with a new head.  Compsognathus might just be the baby dinosaur mold recolored.  

15 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Considering how much darker that movie is....I doubt it. I really like these new sets tho. Faves are definitely the Dilophosaurus Ambush and Brachiosaurus Discovery, Triceratops Research is also good. Not as big on the Visitor's Centre but it's ok. 

I'm a little late to the party but that's alright lol, a lot of thoughts i've had have already been stated by you guys so I will try not to say the same stuff again, im also just going to spoiler it because i wrote a fair bit!

I quite like these sets, for the most part they are good and serve us some decent sets to represent the classic film, for the most part. The Jeep Wranglers look bloody awesome!! I love how rugged they look and the more you look at them the more they grow on you, A+ for those, especially the open roof top one! The side builds for these Jeep sets are not too bad themselves; the east dock sign is quite cool, I'm glad lego gave us that as for the othee jeep set, the tree looks funky, it doesnt fit the first Brachiosaurus scene very well but it does the job i suppose, it definitely fits better with the overgrown forest tree in the brachiosaurus valley later in the film, for what it is it's not too bad, it's quite big and built interesting, i really love the Brachiosaurus sign at the floor, I think that is really cool and can go with the tyrannosaurus one from the 18+ set from last year, even though i think they are built slightly different but whatever, ill get to my bigger inconsistency issue next.

The Ford Explorer I have mixed opinions on however, i really admire the amount of detail Lego put in to give us a second one so we could have both 04 and 05, the only issue I have is that they are slightly different builds and I would've prefered just a straight copy and paste type of scenario, but i understand they need different unique builds and how the 18+ set needs to be very detailed etc, but for people lile me who don't like to alter the sets and display them how Lego intended the sets to be made, I just have two different vehicles, not the biggest issue in the world obviously, just something from my perspective, I do appreciate how thoughtful Lego was with this though. And the side build.. well it's a pile of feces lol 😂

The raptor pen is fine, its a 4+ set so i guess it could've been worse, just a shame that this is the raptor pen we recieved and not a proper playset like the other sets that actually looks like the paddock lol, nonetheless this set isnt all bad but we'll come back to that later. The quad is insignificant to me lol.

Finally, the last build of the wave goes to the biggest and that would be the Visitors Centre. I am unsure how I feel about this set, I guess the best way to put it is that I am disappointed by what we didnt get, but i like the stuff the gave us, for example, its detailed and coloured very nicely, it looks awesome, except when you look at the front of it, there isnt even any stairs which just make it feel.. less? I just dont think it serves it justice, the visitors centre was like this giant temple and it is magnificent in architecture, however the lego versoin is just a wall of the front and some inside that arent really in the right spot but whatever, I would've prefered if they had just made this set more espensive and went full out on it, but i digress, it is what it is and it looks alright, just feels very skeletal. And the skeleton is alright too, does the job, downscaled though and missing its Alamosaurus counterpart but whatever lol, the 2021 t.rex skeleton is superior lol. The builds on the inside are really nice though, the dining hall is cool and accurate with the tables and food as well as the murals on the wall (which look beautiful by the way!), the laboratory is cool too, i always like seeing that sort of stuff, even if theres a mural in there which i dont recall from the movie but whatever haha, our first official Lego Parasaurolophus look, i think Tt games owns all of their own designs considering we havent gotten them for any wave that released the same dinosaur, but i dont want to go down that rabbit hole, and the banner looks very nice! No complaints there lol.

Next I want to discuss the figures, personally i think they were all very well done! I appreciate them giving us so many unique versions that are different to previous releases and with the exception of Donald Gennaro (who really should've just been added to the Triceratops set), we now have every Character of Jurassic Park, speaking of, Muldoon is fantastic! I'm very grateful we have him now finally and he looks great! We have 4 Ellies which is a lot but at least they are all different as far as i can tell there are 3 different faces and 3 different  torso prints, as well as different hairs i forgot how many though, and also John Hammond got a bit of a downgrade with the loss of dual molded arms, same for Ellie actually, John Hammonds shirt also has 4 pockets, im not sure why but it is what it is. Every other character is done very well though!!

Now the dinosaurs! Dilophosaurus is beautiful, exactly what i think everyone was expecting, the Triceratops is cool, very brown but a lot of people mistake that lol, it looks nice and has those cool scute things on its back! The Velociraptor is also nicely designed, it looks very cool and like had realistic colours etc, though its a shame we just got the exact same one in two sets, kinda expected that as its happened before but whatever, at least they are canonically clones right haha? The T.rex doesnt sit right with me, im not sure, i really want to like it but it just looks strange, the colours and design is not like the movie i guess. And the Brachiosaurus is cool! Im so glad and grateful they fully molded this guy, shame it doesnt have posable legs but i dont want to beat a dead horse, it looks beautiful nonetheless and the colours i can ignore lol. Overall the dinosaurs are very nice!! Its cool to get even more!

There are other little things too like the little detail that frogs are in every set is a cool easter egg, they also put in tne effort to get the licensing for a printed barbasol can! Thats awesome! The box art is alright, its cool and definitely has a weird vibrant aesthetic, the t.rex head looks awkward just like with how Mattel had their packaging and i'm not a big fan of the askewed pictures of the sets, it makes them look, cheap? Im not sure how to describe it but you know what i mean right? But anyways, overall these sets are good! I think its amazing we are finally getting original jurassic park sets, i hope for some more original trilogy sets in the future, but time only tells! I can't wait to purchase all of these! June 1st can't come any sooner though lol

Also this is quite cool on the Jurassic World instagram page, photography with the new sets

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpksxktrAZQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I personally don't like the sets. I hoped something similar to the Rex Breakout. More something like a diorama with more detail. The Jeeps needs a lot of improvement. The legs only printed in the front side for some figures it's horrible. I don't understand the choice of colours for the Brachiosaurus, REx and raptor and visitor center. I expected quite more...

For the Brachiosaurus scenes I expected a diorama scene with a brickbuilt dino. It has a lof ot possibilites and well done should be amazing.

I will be buying some figures at bicklink only i think.

Edited by Vitruvius