Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, karrit said:

I didn't get anything in the way of definite new details out of her video other than the wand thing.  She basically reiterated the names of the sets & current suggested rrp.  Everything else she said was pure speculation from what I could tell based on the wording she used.  And the long winded gripe about being wrong about the Knight bus was totally unnecessary.  I'm finding her videos to be a total waste of my time as she's never sure about the details she's spouting regarding anything she is reporting.  I get that they have embargos but I'm sick of all the teasers that are really still just speculation.  Why, just so they can say they "guessed" correctly once the embargo gets lifted?  Also she said absolutely nothing in regards to whether or not the Dobby set would include a minifig so I don't know why someone earlier said the set definitely won't. 

I understand she’s just the messenger but she still hyper this video up weeks ago.

Needing permission and ok from sources made it seem like we were finally getting most if not all the juicy details.

I understand Gringotts is a D2C so the chances of getting new info for that set were low. However Hogsmeade and WWW should at least have some info available at this time. 

If there genuinely is no info on those two sets then don’t say anything in this video. 

17 minutes ago, karrit said:

Also she said absolutely nothing in regards to whether or not the Dobby set would include a minifig so I don't know why someone earlier said the set definitely won't. 

You are right. I made the list by memory and just read an article of Stonewars.de, right before the Promobricks-vid was posted. The Dobby-info was from Stonewars. Sorry for the confusion. 

3 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

You are right. I made the list by memory and just read an article of Stonewars.de, right before the Promobricks-vid was posted. The Dobby-info was from Stonewars. Sorry for the confusion. 

Per their article: "Minifigures should therefore not be there."

That still doesn't sound definitive either.  So I hope we at least get a Dobby minifig with it.

But at least they didn't go on to speculate exactly what figures would be included in any of the sets.   

I'd also still like to know if the June releases will actually be released in June in North America or if we will once again have to wait until August.

I appreciate the video but yep, we still don't know about the minfigs from the last 2 sets. Personally hoping for Narcissa in WWW to recreate the scene of them following her (yes, I know it's unlikely). 

And I'm still not giving up hope on Hagrid and Fang for the station just yet. 

Oh, and I looove that we're getting a Knight!

Edited by NostalgicBricks

11 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

Oh, and I looove that we're getting a Knight!

Exactly! :wub: This has "playset of the year" potential for me! If we're lucky, we could also get Nagini, a new Voldy face, more accurate hair for Molly, and a new Elder Wand :excited: ...Ok, now I might get greedy. Scabior, DH McGonagall, and a statue are already amazing :grin_wub: Exactly what I wanted back in 2011, and now we're finally getting it!!

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exactly! :wub: This has "playset of the year" potential for me! If we're lucky, we could also get Nagini, a new Voldy face, more accurate hair for Molly, and a new Elder Wand :excited: ...Ok, now I might get greedy. Scabior, DH McGonagall, and a statue are already amazing :grin_wub: Exactly what I wanted back in 2011, and now we're finally getting it!!

For what it's worth, she did say that we'll get Voldemort "with Nagini". And she did sound confident about the figs for this one, unlike the HE and WWW where she said that's merely what she thinks we'll get.

7 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

I don't see so many ways to reconcile the two statements than imagining a detachable Gringotts with an upper part compatible with Diagon Alley (even if, likely, put on a plate and not on a baseplate; so dimension compatibiliy, not really attachable to Diagon Alley) and a lower part with vaults and tracks. This way, one can decide to put Gringotts upper part near Diagon Alley or keep the entire set as a stand alone one. Someone manage to think at other ideas? Sensable ideas, I mean, cause in theory you can make a single floor Gringotts, with vaults and track in the rear and a very small slope for tracks, but I wouldn't call it a sensable idea :laugh:.

I guess regarding what you said about dimension compatibility, they might include a baseplate for optional use (if you forego the lower level)? That's the only thing that springs to mind.

As for the StoneWars article mentioned above, I'm pretty sure that they watched the video before posting it, or at least had information from Promobricks before posting it. They use the exact same screenshot from the movie to illustrate the Battle of Hogwarts set. And a lot of the information seems to be in reaction to the video - for example, they say that the Quidditch Trunk will contain minifigures from all four Houses but it's not clear how many; that's probably because previous speculation had said six, yet Promobricks made it sound like it only includes the four Seekers. So yeah, I do think that the "there might not be a minifigure in the Dobby set" part is a rephrasing of what Promobricks said.

Edited by brickbride

I'm excited for the Battle of Hogwarts set, and personally for the WWW set because Diagon Alley is a bit out of my price range for a single set purchase, and also just contains a lot of buildings I'm not interested in.

However, I hope whatever the actual build is for the BoH set doesn't kill it. I have little interest in more Hogwarts sets in the current style, and though the Minifigure selection sounds great, the build needs to be good enough to tip me over into the buy category. The current RoR set for instance looks so atrocious that there's no way I'm buying it, and I'll just keep my eye on prices for the Grey Lady.

I'm not excited for any of these, to be honest. I mean I'm curious about how many of them will look (like if they get the stag's antlers and Dobby's ears to look halfway decent), but between the prices and the random assortment of stuff I have no interest in to begin with (Dobby, buildable patronusses, another Hogwarts Express, Quidditch trunk) I won't consider buying anything. The one that interests me the most is the microscale Hogwarts, and if it really looks very similar to an off-brand one AND costs EUR 170 that's a hard pass from me as well.

Generally, it feels to me like the HP theme used to have a direction but now is floundering; like they're no longer just making good, connectible play sets and some well-received D2Cs for the adults, but are desperately throwing anything they can think of at the customers: Buildable creatures! House banners! Modular Hogwarts! Microscale Hogwarts! Another trunk! Re-doing sets from 20 years ago that don't fit in with any current system! Modular Diagon Alley! Just to see what sticks.

12 hours ago, brickbride said:

@Roebuck I guess there might be an owl, and she might not have mentioned it?

Possible, i guess we will see :shrug_oh_well:

Regarding the bank, it is possible to make it fit with DA if it has 3 floors and only the top one is the bank, but the lower ones are the vault so they are still on ground level from the outside. However if it is only the bank in the set then it is so much bigger than the buildings in DA so I do not think it will fit. Strangely enough the new WW is even smaller so how that would fit instead makes little sense to me, I guess we will see during the summer :shrug_confused:

As for the owl, you might get lucky with the Hogwarts Express? After all, Hedwig should be on that if Harry's taking the train to school. Though really, they hardly need a reason to stick an owl into a set, it's not like the Hospital Wing or the Chamber of Secrets required it. I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

Also, like I've said, according to Promobricks the BoH has Voldemort with Nagini, if you're into snakes as well.

I’m still hoping they’ll bring back the great grey owl from the 2010/11 sets. That, the tan BAM owl and the dark orange City owl are the only ones that haven’t shown up in recent HP sets yet.

The grey one would require a new print (unless the sand blue one is already supposed to represent that species?) and BAM pieces stay exclusive, so the dark orange one has the best chances :classic:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Possible, i guess we will see :shrug_oh_well:

Regarding the bank, it is possible to make it fit with DA if it has 3 floors and only the top one is the bank, but the lower ones are the vault so they are still on ground level from the outside. However if it is only the bank in the set then it is so much bigger than the buildings in DA so I do not think it will fit. Strangely enough the new WW is even smaller so how that would fit instead makes little sense to me, I guess we will see during the summer :shrug_confused:

My guess is that the bottom floor will indeed be the vaults on the inside but will look like the ground floor from the outside. I’d also assume the building will be over three floors, plus the large skylight at the top.

out of curiosity, in the DA WWW, does the brick count that was quoted here include the nocturn alley side build? I ask as I’m curious if the brick count for WWW really is that different?

31 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

My guess is that the bottom floor will indeed be the vaults on the inside but will look like the ground floor from the outside. I’d also assume the building will be over three floors, plus the large skylight at the top.

How would that work with the front doors though? They'd be on the ground floor of the exterior and have to lead to the lobby but the lobby would be on a higher floor?

26 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

How would that work with the front doors though? They'd be on the ground floor of the exterior and have to lead to the lobby but the lobby would be on a higher floor?

Possibly a staircase?

I thought of a rail system similar to the old Temple of Doom, in order to take the action away from the building while remaining on the same level.  Or a dungeon system that can be added to play and removed to expose with diagon alley… I can't see a dungeon inside the building :-/

1 hour ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

out of curiosity, in the DA WWW, does the brick count that was quoted here include the nocturn alley side build? I ask as I’m curious if the brick count for WWW really is that different?

WWW model I built on Stud.io using official instruction has 1624 parts (1548 without the Knockturn Alley entrance section).

For comparison Hogsmeade Village Visit set has 823 pieces, near to the 834 predicted pieces for this WWW remake, nearly the some number of minifigures (Hogsmeade has 6+Golden Ron), and basically the same price as for the predicted set: 90$. So it could serve as a benchmark.

As someone with no Hogsmede sets the Advent Calendar sounds great! Definitely not essential but I’ll be tempted just for some more civilians to populate Diagon Alley. 

That being said, the Omega figure in the Star Wars ac makes it much more enticing - hp needs to spread some of the chase figures around a bit more imo 

Good thing the minifig lists for WWW and HE were just speculation! I hope the actual selection is a bit more interesting than that :classic: 

However, Stonewars seem to think that both of these sets are scheduled for August. Hope that’s not the case, as that would mean that 76415 is our only playset in June *huh*

Shouldn’t we start seeing first pictures of the summer sets? They are releasing in june which is less than two months away and we don’t even know what minifigures are included in some sets…. that is weird.

40 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Shouldn’t we start seeing first pictures of the summer sets?

Beginning of May may be, according to Promobricks, the period when we'll see first images.

*I see only now the "May may" pun :laugh:

Edited by BrickMatit

21 hours ago, brickbride said:

10:04 in the video shows a Hogwarts Castle with the Grounds. I know these pics are not the real ones, but given that she says she's seen a castle much like the new one on Amazon and Alibaba, this might actually be the one?

I'd bet that wasn't what was meant, just that we've seen enough MOCs of what they're likely to bring by this point. The source material is the same for everyone, anyone designing a nanobuild of the castle and surroundings is likely to create something resembling all the rest. Just try rebrickable, "hogwarts", and search backwards by number of pieces and you'll find several exemplars in the first couple of pages. https://rebrickable.com/mocs/?q=hogwarts&sort_sets_by=2&sort_sets_dir=D

16 hours ago, karrit said:

I'm finding her videos to be a total waste of my time as she's never sure about the details she's spouting regarding anything she is reporting.  I get that they have embargos but I'm sick of all the teasers that are really still just speculation.  Why, just so they can say they "guessed" correctly once the embargo gets lifted?  Also she said absolutely nothing in regards to whether or not the Dobby set would include a minifig so I don't know why someone earlier said the set definitely won't. 

We were spoiled by @bRICKbRAT's info. 😊 That took a lot of the wind out of her sails. I'd imagine many fans didn't have that information, however.

I admit I may have chuckled at the "correct guess" that the BoH is a DH2 set. (It would never have occurred to me. 😉) That said and snark aside, she's very upbeat, and even when she admittedly dislikes something, she manages to be more positive than most people who supposedly love the stuff, so I find that a good deal more pleasant to watch if I'm forced to watch something. As many others here, though, I do wish she'd be clearer about what's known and what's speculative, because I dislike having to listen to it repeatedly to feel sure(ish) about it. (But again I'm not really a fan of videos anyway, so maybe that shouldn't count.) 

9 hours ago, brickbride said:

As for the StoneWars article mentioned above, I'm pretty sure that they watched the video before posting it, or at least had information from Promobricks before posting it. They use the exact same screenshot from the movie to illustrate the Battle of Hogwarts set. And a lot of the information seems to be in reaction to the video - for example, they say that the Quidditch Trunk will contain minifigures from all four Houses but it's not clear how many; that's probably because previous speculation had said six, yet Promobricks made it sound like it only includes the four Seekers. So yeah, I do think that the "there might not be a minifigure in the Dobby set" part is a rephrasing of what Promobricks said.

SW explicitly credited @Brick Clicker, fwiw. Also, I believe one photo was from the film (and literally the first result when I googled "battle of hogwarts harry voldemort"), and the other from the video game. You wouldn't want to use something watermarked, and here again, everyone is working from the same limited source material. 

The Quidditch trunk (and AC) was the set whose info seemed to diverge most. I'd bet it's a little messy in terms of explaining the number of figs included. The last trunk had only one fig officially listed on BL, McGonagall, and the ability to build a further five figs simultaneously, including one that was some version of Harry, but I believe none of the rest were "accurate" versions. Despite the Firsties and second years having exceedingly generic faces, and it including Hermione's, Ron's, Ginny's / Susan's, Draco's, and Neville's hairpieces, iirc, it had none of the faces that had previously been used for those characters. So technically it was a "Hermione-esque" and not a "Hermione" fig you built? 🤷‍♀️ But that was six possible figs. Only including four torsos at this price point would feel very off. 

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Shouldn’t we start seeing first pictures of the summer sets? They are releasing in june which is less than two months away and we don’t even know what minifigures are included in some sets…. that is weird.

I'm still hoping for a BoH 25th anniversary event. It would be nice to see the theme receive some love along the lines of "May the 4th be with you." Also some of the ones we're unsure of are the D2Cs and August releases. WWW and the Express / Hogsmeade Station are both slated for August. 

Edited by krimimimi

It's just occurred to me that I bet the Brickheadz are in their Quidditch uniforms as they're the same characters as the figures from the trunk set, like how they did the professors who were in the Moments books last year. They'll make interesting varients.

I've also just realised that by buying 2 of the Expecto sets you'd be able to make a display of the stag and doe! Now I just need an Always plaque. 

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

However, I hope whatever the actual build is for the BoH set doesn't kill it. I have little interest in more Hogwarts sets in the current style, and though the Minifigure selection sounds great, the build needs to be good enough to tip me over into the buy category. The current RoR set for instance looks so atrocious that there's no way I'm buying it, and I'll just keep my eye on prices for the Grey Lady

Same. The Hogwarts sets really improved their exteriors last summer, even if that wasn’t meant to be the point of this system and the interiors sometimes suffered (especially Sirius Black’s Escape). The ROR which should’ve been a day one purchase especially with my favorite niche character, is just a genuine disaster inside and out. I usually can at least tell what LEGO is going for and have a lot of sympathy for the designers but I have no idea what happened there. I wish I could see the process which ended up getting us a whole 8x8 room with a sink but only half a wall and some window frames for the titular ROR. The bar is so incredibly low that I’m not sure how the Battle of Hogwarts could be worse. 

8 hours ago, brickbride said:

Generally, it feels to me like the HP theme used to have a direction but now is floundering; like they're no longer just making good, connectible play sets and some well-received D2Cs for the adults, but are desperately throwing anything they can think of at the customers: Buildable creatures! House banners! Modular Hogwarts! Microscale Hogwarts! Another trunk! Re-doing sets from 20 years ago that don't fit in with any current system! Modular Diagon Alley! Just to see what sticks.

I completely agree here too. What are they trying to do with this line? They can’t even commit to one foldout system at a time. Once you sift through it all there really isn’t much standard playscale stuff left. 

The sonic sets' Eggman torso would be perfect for an Aunt Marge! Probably not the only one to think that immediately. I guess we will have to wait for next year to see if they utilize it but it's a pretty generic shape to reprint on. :thumbup:

To comment on everything else said here if the vault GWP is the Lestrange vault then that’s a huge disappointment. Surely those DH2 figures plus the dragon would be far more interesting in the main set than a Philosophers/Sorcerer’s Stone figure lineup would be. The Harry that’s already in the DA and an advent calendar (not to mention being one of many casual year 1/2 Harrys we’ve had) plus a Hagrid repeat is all it would have to offer besides goblins. 

The lack of owls has always been a weak point of the 2018+ revival. It’s also yet another bit of the magic of the 2001 sets that’s missing from this system meant to emulate them. Don’t think I’ve gotten a set with one apart from the Chamber of secrets with its billionth snowy owl and golden stand if you count that. It seems like now instead of tons of owls we just have frogs if anything.