Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The numbers (Roman numerals) are references to all four Gringotts sets TLG have released :classic:

Yeah, there’s a decent number of Easter eggs in the set. The instruction booklet specifically points out the bat in the upper level of the Magical Menagerie, but there’s also the Roman numeral set numbers, a diagram of the mine cart from the original Gringotts set, a portrait featuring one of the original molded goblin heads, the pair of owls, and I suspect the concealed spaces under the floor and the central dome of the roof could be considered references to the original set. 

There was some future D2C/UCS Discussion earlier and I have some ideas:

UCS Hagrid’s Hut: hyper detailed and fully enclosed with all the furniture such as his bed and kitchen. Stands on stilts and has a baseplate with the scarecrow and pumpkin patch & stone wall attached. 

Griffindor Common Room: a similar style model to the Friends/Big Bang Theory apartments, looks like a replica of the complete film set and has adjacent bedrooms and the fat lady painting on a hinged panel

Philosophers Stone challenges: similar to the Indiana Jones temple of the golden Idol collectors model this would be a chain of rooms together as a diorama with each challenge detailed. The chess board would be 1/3 size of the separate set with only a few pieces in play for the climax of the game. Includes a light brick for the Lumos spell, re-use of Fluffy’s moulded heads but different prints, a devil snare with a trap mechanism, flying keys on trans rods which can be move via knobs/levers, pop-up flames around the Mirror etc.

Tri-wizard tournament Dragon challenge: half of an arena with rocky base and four complete Minifigure scale dragons of similar quality to the new Ukrainian Ironbelly (new mould for the Horntail head). Includes 4 champions, 3 head teachers, Barty Sr, Moody and Rita Skeeter in scene accurate clothing.

UCS Chamber of Secrets: this is a detailed static display model of the statue of Slytherin with a brick-built Basilisk (4 studs wide like the video game version) reared up for the climax of the battle with Harry standing on the top of the statue head.

Edited by Bugbot20082

I was thinking about some future figures, and I really hope any Bill Weasley figure we get use the Sirius Black hairpiece in Dark Orange rather than the Dastan piece I think we may already get. It's already been used in Dark Orange in this theme on Ron and Wormtongue, and likely any GoF Fred and George without their hats. 

The piece has also been used on Snape, Borgin and three different colours for Tonks, so it would be nice to see some variation. 

On 9/22/2023 at 7:41 PM, Xenophilius said:

If Lego based its Advent calendar on the book version of the Burrow Christmas rather than the movie version, that could open up some exciting minifig opportunities to include Bill Weasley, Percy, Scrimgeour, or Fleur.

But again, would kids want them? Maybe Fleur, I guess, but all of them have fairly minor roles, and both Percy and Scrimgeour aren't well-liked. The average HP advent calendar has only six figs. Generell, I'd expect two to three of these spots to go to the Trio, and at least one or two others to well-known characters (Draco, Dumbledore, Snape ...).

On 9/26/2023 at 1:38 PM, Bugbot20082 said:

UCS Chamber of Secrets: this is a detailed static display model of the statue of Slytherin with a brick-built Basilisk (4 studs wide like the video game version) reared up for the climax of the battle with Harry standing on the top of the statue head.

I read "brick-built basilisk" and immediately thought of the one in the 2018 Great Hall set. Am I the only one? 😉

By the way, I saw Gringotts assembled in person the other day. It looks impressive but not, to me, EUR 430 impressive. I did like the detail (a sticker, unfortunately, I think) of an ad on the side-build where it says "Multiply your fortune". With a picture of golden cups next to it. 😉

Edited by brickbride

3 hours ago, brickbride said:

I read "brick-built basilisk" and immediately thought of the one in the 2018 Great Hall set. Am I the only one? 😉

Yes, you are :tongue: Whatever that …thing is, it sure as sh*t ain‘t a Basilisk :laugh_hard: Crudely reanimated molted snake skin covered in oil perhaps?

Say what you will about brickbuilt animals, but that has to be the second-worst in this theme, with the ultimate champion being 2010!Aragog. Thinking about it still makes me chuckle

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yes, you are :tongue: Whatever that …thing is, it sure as sh*t ain‘t a Basilisk :laugh_hard: Crudely reanimated molted snake skin covered in oil perhaps?

Say what you will about brickbuilt animals, but that has to be the second-worst in this theme, with the ultimate champion being 2010!Aragog. Thinking about it still makes me chuckle

I still have that 2010 Hagrid's Hut--I actually really like the main build, but that Aragog is hilariously bad.

On 9/26/2023 at 6:38 AM, Bugbot20082 said:

There was some future D2C/UCS Discussion earlier and I have some ideas:

Great ideas! I'd probably buy all of them assuming they were well done. If this theme is evergreen, which it certainly seem to be, I suppose there's a good change of multiple locations at grand scale that we haven't seen yet.

5 hours ago, jjr_2009 said:

I still have that 2010 Hagrid's Hut--I actually really like the main build, but that Aragog is hilariously bad.

I feel like you’d actually have to be trying to make something more ridiculous than katanas-for-legs!Aragog - great idea for a monster in a trashy horror flick, not so great at representing a realistic spider 

But yeah, I think that was the strongest of the enclosed SS/CoS style huts from before the theme reboot - I’m actually curious to see what next year’s offering will look like in contrast 

Random question but does anyone know, which Quidditch torsos are consistent with each other?

Basically I just want to know if the Quidditch Trunk torsos are consistent with the ones released in sets like CMF 1, Diagon Alley, the Cho Chang polybag. Reason being is I quite like that the Quidditch Trunk minifigs have collars, but the torsos look brighter based on the BrickLink images? I know that the capes are different but no clue on the torsos. I'd hate to start my Quidditch team builds again, but it will bug me if they're not consistent. :laugh:

Don't get me started on the sweaters, they're just as cool but I don't need to double up!

Edited by drewdotexe

29 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Random question but does anyone know, which Quidditch torsos are consistent with each other?

Basically I just want to know if the Quidditch Trunk torsos are consistent with the ones released in sets like CMF 1, Diagon Alley, the Cho Chang polybag. Reason being is I quite like that the Quidditch Trunk minifigs have collars, but the torsos look brighter based on the BrickLink images? I know that the capes are different but no clue on the torsos. I'd hate to start my Quidditch team builds again, but it will bug me if they're not consistent. :laugh:

Don't get me started on the sweaters, they're just as cool but I don't need to double up!

I don't have the Quidditch Trunk just yet, but one of the differences besides the cape is the fact that the Cho Chang polybag as well as the trunk have tan pants instead of white ones like CMF1, Diagon Alley, Cedric Diggory from the magazine, and the Quidditch Match set. But other then that, I think the torso's look the same. Although the yellow outline around the Gryffindor crest looks thicker on the images on LEGO.com on the Quidditch Trunk Harry than it does on the Quidditch Match Harry.

Edited by Salix

Just saw in my sons Book Club catalogue from school the "LEGO Harry Potter Ideas" book which i'd never heard of before. Just wondering if anyone has bought this and what it's like?

I wih there would be a third CMF series for this theme. We haven’t gotten any characters from Fantastic Beasts 1, 2 and 3 movies. 

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

I wih there would be a third CMF series for this theme. We haven’t gotten any characters from Fantastic Beasts 1, 2 and 3 movies. 

We did actually. There were two sets for Fantastic Beasts and we also did get some Minifigures in the First Harry Potter CMF series. However if there would be a third series, I doubt there would be any more Fantastic Beasts Characters. I mean, after the first sets (and actually since there were only two of them, I think it already shows they didn´t have that much faith it would sell that well) we never saw anything again from Fantastic Beasts, so I doubt it sold that well - and the films didn´t do so well either and since won´t be a fourth Movie, the chance to get anything from it in the future is nearly zero. And if, I would think the most likely would be a buildable Niffler ;)

8 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

We did actually. There were two sets for Fantastic Beasts and we also did get some Minifigures in the First Harry Potter CMF series. However if there would be a third series, I doubt there would be any more Fantastic Beasts Characters. I mean, after the first sets (and actually since there were only two of them, I think it already shows they didn´t have that much faith it would sell that well) we never saw anything again from Fantastic Beasts, so I doubt it sold that well - and the films didn´t do so well either and since won´t be a fourth Movie, the chance to get anything from it in the future is nearly zero. And if, I would think the most likely would be a buildable Niffler ;)

I know there are some FB characters in Series 1 and few set but there are MORE characters / variant that we dont’ have yet. 

So I think CMF may be great for Fantastic Beasts characters, such as young Dumbedlore, “Dark” Queenie from second movie, Thesus, etc. 

On 10/27/2023 at 11:20 PM, chris6507 said:

Just saw in my sons Book Club catalogue from school the "LEGO Harry Potter Ideas" book which i'd never heard of before. Just wondering if anyone has bought this and what it's like?

I saw this exact book in a shop this weekend, flicked though it but didn’t buy it. It wasn’t for me: most of the builds are like ‘arts and crafts’ type builds: they are on theme but it’s mostly real life sized props etc, pictures, food, wands, the sward, time turner, a pixie and mandrake etc. not much in the way of Minifigure scale stuff, though I did see a moc of the house on the island from PS when Harry meets Hagrid and some Ninjago looking dragons of the short-snout and Chinese fireball (with mixle eyes and wings made of big ninjago blades like feathers) 

Edited by Bugbot20082

4 hours ago, Lion King said:

I know there are some FB characters in Series 1 and few set but there are MORE characters / variant that we dont’ have yet. 

So I think CMF may be great for Fantastic Beasts characters, such as young Dumbedlore, “Dark” Queenie from second movie, Thesus, etc. 

Wayyyyyy too late for that. After SoD flopping and the final two FB films getting cancelled, there is no way we‘re ever getting more sets or minifigs. Looking back, we should consider ourselves lucky we got as much as we did :classic:

The best we can hope for are references and easter eggs, like the niffler and bowtruckle stickers.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wayyyyyy too late for that. After SoD flopping and the final two FB films getting cancelled, there is no way we‘re ever getting more sets or minifigs. Looking back, we should consider ourselves lucky we got as much as we did :classic:

The best we can hope for are references and easter eggs, like the niffler and bowtruckle stickers.

Good point. They should stick with an original FB trio logo in he first place!

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Personally, I’ve also got my fingers crossed for the Niffler piece showing up again in the upcoming Forbidden Forest: Magical Creatures set. It’s a preexisting part and Nifflers show up during CoMC classes in the books and Hogwarts Mystery mobile game (and I’m not into Legacy but I assume they make an appearance there too). They’re pretty popular in their own right so it would make sense for one or two of them to be included in the set alongside the rumored Buckbeak to justify the pluralization of ‘CreatureS’. 

(And I’m still salty that Lego didn’t take a chance and give us a SoD Hog’s Head when they had the opportunity. What are the odds we ever get that building now, considering the advent calendar designers evidently decided it would be safe to use Aberforth as an exclusive this year?)

Thanks for the replies, @Seaber, @mark1991t and @Salix I can deal with different coloured legs hands etc I'll just swap them out. Good to know the torsos are the same more or less.

I was getting really confused because I have the quidditch Cedric that's covered in the books, I didn't clock that BrickLink lists books seperately.. That's a lot of confusion cleared up now. :classic:

Edited by drewdotexe

On 10/29/2023 at 10:19 PM, Accio Lego said:

And I’m still salty that Lego didn’t take a chance and give us a SoD Hog’s Head when they had the opportunity. What are the odds we ever get that building now, considering the advent calendar designers evidently decided it would be safe to use Aberforth as an exclusive this year?)

As am I, although I still think we might see a Hog's Head and perhaps Zonko's or Puddifoot's next summer as part of their growing Hogsmeade village. We've had Hogsmeade builds every year for three years straight now, and there are still some pretty obvious things missing. Also it appears Aberforth might finally be getting his goat (first reappearance in the 25th CMF series), so a set with him would give them another chance to use the mould. :wink: