Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I waited till this morning and was able to order no problems at all (French online store). Got the hogwarts station and advent calendar as planned, but nearly got sucked in to buying the shreaking shack with the 20% discount… couldn’t justify buying all three though, as the first two got me both gifts.

Edited by TheInvisibleMan

I was just looking at lego's press release for the results of the first HY 2023 (promobricks, for one, has it), and they usually list five of their top themes, although not ranked. In the past several years, HP has been explicitly mentioned; this year it wasn't. They mentioned City, Friends, Star Wars, Icons, and Technic but no HP... :look: Technically it's conceivable those aren't even the top 5, and it's simply heavily suggested by the presentation material, but...

As I'm hoping for the theme to continue for a good long time to come, particularly as I need an affordable Gringotts to hit the shelves, that has me a touch nervous.  

Kindly commence to tell me why any such concerns are rubbish, and I've failed to read the PR correctly in the least. :wink:

15 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Can't do anything. Add items to bag and they show in the top corner of the screen as in bag, but then I go to bag and there's nothing there. :facepalm: Logged in and out, changed browser, cleared cookies but nothing works. Anyone else getting this?

It took me 40 minutes to complete my purchase. Very frustrating.

I would wait except I got burnt a few months ago when they ran out of the Disney 100 gwp in less than 12 hours online.

Just got back from the Lego Store and welp ladies and gentlemen we got Gringotts! Street Complete! Good sized line packed with Harry Potter and Star Wars fans but I managed to get second in line with some Felix Felices so no worries there. There was only 10 Gringotts stocked up so I do feel for those who didn’t get one. Saw it in the flesh at the Lego Store and I’m telling you guys, it’s such a beaut you’re going to love it. Happy building everybody! 

can someone who has already taken gringotts tell me if the box is as big as hulkbuster and batcave? I want to know if he will arrive intact in the brownbox or will be all broken in a generic box lol

9 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I was just looking at lego's press release for the results of the first HY 2023 (promobricks, for one, has it), and they usually list five of their top themes, although not ranked. In the past several years, HP has been explicitly mentioned; this year it wasn't. They mentioned City, Friends, Star Wars, Icons, and Technic but no HP... :look: Technically it's conceivable those aren't even the top 5, and it's simply heavily suggested by the presentation material, but...

As I'm hoping for the theme to continue for a good long time to come, particularly as I need an affordable Gringotts to hit the shelves, that has me a touch nervous.  

Kindly commence to tell me why any such concerns are rubbish, and I've failed to read the PR correctly in the least. :wink:

I just had a look at last year's and they named 6 themes and HP was the sixth, whereas this year they only mentioned five themes (the same five from last year). I know nothing about this sort of thing, and I understand how it can look worrying, but I wouldn't worry about it. I think it's established that HP is a good seller. And remember there's a new HP Lego video game coming soon and 2024 set codes are already leaking so I'm sure the theme is fine. :) 

At my “local” store, they had around 6 copies still (plus mine in the back) at around noon :classic: No line or anything.

After hearing about the website shenanigans, I‘m glad I went to the store instead :laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

can someone who has already taken gringotts tell me if the box is as big as hulkbuster and batcave? I want to know if he will arrive intact in the brownbox or will be all broken in a generic box lol

It‘s 52x48x22cm. Not exactly the same dimensions, but like all large sets, it should arrive in a brown cardboard box. Even my copy from the store still had it because I had reserved it :laugh:

Can someone please upload a photo of Gringotts connected to the left of Diagon Alley? Inquiring eyes that can't purchase the set yet would be most appreciative!

I noticed that on the Gringotts vault gwp there is 2 technic holes , I wonder if they will make another expansion for the tracks ?

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

Amidst all this talk about Gringott's, slight subject change. Has anyone either themselves or seen somewhere else online any MOCs combining the 2023 Weasley Wizard Weezes and the original Diagon alley into one? The mrs is trying to find a fathers day present for me for tomorrow, and considering suggesting it if it's any use to upgrading Diagon Alley, but have no interest in it as it's own set. Had a google myself, but coming up short so far.

18 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I think HP has been inside and outside the list the last few years, e.g. not mentioned in H1, but then mentioned in H2 again. Nothing to worry about I would say, HP has very few sets compared to most of the other themes mentioned so it probably matters when they are released etc. The summer wave is released at the end of H1 and now they are firing the big guns with Gringotts so I believe H2 is where HP sells most :classic:

I've just seen a rumour on IG (mtdbricks) suggesting that one of the 2024 March set would be Hagrid's Hut remake.

Fingers crossed for finally having Fang. And I'd like a new version of Hagrid.

Not many scenes possible, if I remember well the movie:

- Norbert birth, with Hagrid, trio and Malfoy;

- Hagrid's arrest, with Hagrid, Harry and Ron, Fudge, Lucius and Dumbledore;

- Aragog funeral, with Hagrid, Harry and Slughorn;

Unless they went with a pure remake of the past Hagrid's Hut set with Buckbeak's Rescue.

11 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I've just seen a rumour on IG (mtdbricks) suggesting that one of the 2024 March set would be Hagrid's Hut remake.

If it‘s the PS/CoS version, I’d be cool with that! Especially if it includes Fang and Norbert. About time :tongue:

And yeah, a new version of Hagrid would be nice as well. The one with apron and mittens would be funny!

That‘s the kind of remake I could get behind

22 hours ago, krimimimi said:

In the past several years, HP has been explicitly mentioned; this year it wasn't. They mentioned City, Friends, Star Wars, Icons, and Technic but no HP... :look: 

Don't worry, if they release that buildable sorting hat, it'll top the list every year for as long as it's available. :laugh:

4 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Not many scenes possible, if I remember well the movie:

- Norbert birth, with Hagrid, trio and Malfoy;

- Hagrid's arrest, with Hagrid, Harry and Ron, Fudge, Lucius and Dumbledore;

- Aragog funeral, with Hagrid, Harry and Slughorn;

Unless they went with a pure remake of the past Hagrid's Hut set with Buckbeak's Rescue.

What set would it be though? 76428 -$74.99 - 896 probably makes the most sense in terms of price but the piece count is way too high unless the walls are made of 1x1 plates. 76430 - $44.99 - 364 could maybe work but it would be odd for a remake of a 2018+ set to be 25% cheaper than the original even without counting inflation/price gouging. 

On 9/1/2023 at 12:54 AM, NostalgicBricks said:

Oh no! I'm sorry. Let me know if you manage to get one tomorrow. 

I managed to place an order this morning after other life stuff got in the way yesterday. I settled on WWW for the figs and extra joke shop item as that's a Lego and Argos exclusive her in the UK so seemed like a good time and then I also got the discounted Shrieking Shack to get me over the promo threshold. Might wait until other GWPs to get Gringotts now as I have the promo. :classic: 

13 ore fa, BrickBob Studpants ha detto:

È 52x48x22cm. Non esattamente le stesse dimensioni, ma come tutti i set di grandi dimensioni, dovrebbe arrivare in una scatola di cartone marrone. Anche la mia copia dal negozio ce l'aveva ancora perché l'avevo prenotata:ride:

Thank you :-)))

At first sight I didn't care that much for Gringotts and was disappointed. But after the reviews it really grew on me. So I decided to get it and Im glad I did. Im lucky to have a Lego store in my city, so I got all the GWP and the buildable staff which was only during 2 - 4 on that day.

I collected every Lego Harry Potter set since the 2018 launch, but since the reboot I didn't care for it that much. I wanted to be a completionist. So I decided to sell everything when I moved to a new place, but I kept my favorite sets. The Burrows, Grimmauld place 12 and the clocktower set from 2019. They are still in the box, but I thought, yeah it's nicer to have a complete diagon alley then to have an inacurate size castle and burrows next to the shops. So I will sell those when they will go up in vallue. I love this theme, but I think Diagon Alley is the best set there is. Still deciding on GP12.

Edited by ???theriddler???

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I managed to place an order this morning after other life stuff got in the way yesterday. I settled on WWW for the figs and extra joke shop item as that's a Lego and Argos exclusive her in the UK so seemed like a good time and then I also got the discounted Shrieking Shack to get me over the promo threshold. Might wait until other GWPs to get Gringotts now as I have the promo. :classic: 

Aw, well I'm glad you managed to get your order in and get the GWP. :classic:

Just finished the underground section, and it‘s a very fun build so far! Slotting the two sections together like those cardboard cutout trees you‘d find in a cheap advent calendar was pretty satisfying :laugh: Also, I‘m quite surprised at all the elements that are covered up during this phase of the build, never to be seen again! I‘m not spoiling what they are tho :purrr:

And of course, turns out good ol’ Justin Ramsden was one of the designers. This guy just can do no wrong. Another masterpiece of his that has entered my list of all-time favourite sets! :wub:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Just finished the underground section, and it‘s a very fun build so far! Slotting the two sections together like those cardboard cutout trees you‘d find in a cheap advent calendar was pretty satisfying :laugh: Also, I‘m quite surprised at all the elements that are covered up during this phase of the build, never to be seen again! I‘m not spoiling what they are tho :purrr:

And of course, turns out good ol’ Justin Ramsden was one of the designers. This guy just can do no wrong. Another masterpiece of his that has entered my list of all-time favourite sets! :wub:

I can't wait to start building. I have to wait until October once my PhD is handed-in, but I know I'm in for a treat. I waited three year for this. I'm glad to hear it's a great experience. :moar:

Ok, shocker.

I went online at Midnight, ordered Gringott’s, site verified I was getting both GWPs.

Everything delivered to my house by mid-Saturday.

Just wanted to put it in writing as I’m certain it’ll never happen again.😵💫

4 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I can't wait to start building. I have to wait until October once my PhD is handed-in, but I know I'm in for a treat. I waited three year for this. I'm glad to hear it's a great experience. :moar:

Good luck with completing your thesis (and your defense, if you have one)! :thumbup: 

I guarantee you the set‘s well worth the wait :sweet: