Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

“Did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire, Harry? Dumbledore asked calmly 

LOL  Imagine the face print! One side  calm like the book, the other side…whatever that was in the film. 

Always. - Severus Snape would be my personal choice. 

On 4/9/2023 at 10:13 PM, chrisincanada said:

Thanks for the heads up. I will do my best to find online...and a blue cape to make Cho Chang fit in with the other Quidditch figures.

BTW I have watched your vids for a long time over the pond and always let out a yelp when you post a new leaks video and shout my 9 yr old daughter to 'come see quick!'. Funny to have you reply to me on here. Thank you for all you do. My daughter will go nuts in the morning when she wakes up and I tell her the guy from the youtube vids replied haha.

All the best and keep on leaking!

Thanks for the kinds words! :laugh:

Thanks to all members for sharing all the info you’ve had! 
I didn’t mean to sound upset in my thoughts of previous post of the Weasley wheezes shop. 
Anyone else hoping we may get photos this week? I think it was around this time last year there was official reveals? 
or do you think it will be another month? 

6 hours ago, AusMinifig said:

Anyone else hoping we may get photos this week? I think it was around this time last year there was official reveals? 
or do you think it will be another month?

Promobricks statement was that we could expect images for the beginning of May.

On 4/9/2023 at 10:59 PM, Killian said:

Are Scabior and The Carrows characters then? (I don't remember them from reading the books twice, and I'm certainly not reading that woman's literature ever again.) I assumed Scabior was a mistranslation of Scabbers?

On 4/9/2023 at 11:05 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Scabior is the leader of the snatchers, the bounty hunters that catch the trio and bring them to Malfoy Manor in DH1. He participates in the BoH and dies when Neville lets the bridge collapse :classic:

The Carrows were Death Eaters that got teaching positions after Voldy took over, with very minor roles in the films though. Their best moment is when Snaps knocks them out during his duel with McGonagall :laugh_hard:

Additionally, Scabbers was the rat name of Peter Pettigrew.

On 4/6/2023 at 4:24 AM, Accio Lego said:

7 minifigures in WWW means the twins, the trio, Lavender, and either Ginny or McLaggen - although there’s a very slim chance of black suit Draco making an appearance since he’s supposed to pass by in that scene. 

8 minifigures in the Hogwarts Express is definitely interesting - especially since the scene they’re going for is still up in the air. Between scenes that aren’t compatible with the Hogsmeade Station info and scenes that are covered in the Collector’s Edition (which I’d like to think they’d be decent enough to avoid), there’s a very limited number of options to go with. The final scene of SS only really features the Trio and Hagrid. CoS, PoA, and DH1 don’t actually feature Hogsmeade Station. I’m pretty sure GoF cut out the train entirely. The HBP Harry v. Draco fight and Luna finding him was covered in the Collectors Edition, while the Christmas journey only featured the trio and Lavender if I remember correctly. The two options I see are a beefed up version of the HBP scene featured in the Collectors Edition with Harry, Luna, and Draco with Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Dean, and someone else added - or the final shot of OotP where the DA are all in casual clothes getting on the train, featuring the ministry six, one of the train workers, and another character. I can see either one of those sneaking Hagrid in just to give SS vibes and because he hasn’t been featured in a set in a while. 

It might be GoF, because while it doesn't feature Hogsmeade station, it has a fairly long scene on the train - The trio discuss the Quidditch world cup, the trolley witch comes by and Harry bumps into Cho Chang (see my profile pic haha). But other than that OotP seems likely (even though the scene was super short). I really hope they don't do Philosophers stone because the minifigs would just be boring school robes we've got before, CoS has the car which has been done to death, PoA was portrayed on the D2C, HbP same, Deathy Hallows train scene is fairly unmemorable tbh so I'm hoping for GoF or OotP.

16 hours ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

Always. - Severus Snape would be my personal choice. 

Yes, this would certainly be a fan favourite.

I’d personally quite like to see a more detailed ‘cupboard under the stairs’ or dumbledore’s office done like this. But I could see them using this for individual classrooms.

I fully understand the price point argument with the base, although I feel that if the build is good enough then I’d definitely be keen for this style of sets.

5 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Promobricks statement was that we could expect images for the beginning of May.

So late? I thought it could be a matter of few days now... bruh I can’t wait for that long :DDD

2 hours ago, Textorix said:

So late? I thought it could be a matter of few days now... bruh I can’t wait for that long :DDD

Eh. This year, I‘m not really that anxious to see pictures, compared to the last few years. The clear star of the show is Gringotts, and we won‘t get to see that one until August.

The only things I‘m currently looking forward to in the June wave are Scabior and McGonagall :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Even though I’m not buying WWW, I’m very curious to see how they execute it, that’s the only hype I have for photo reveals for HP this year. 

Thanks oh no waiting a few more weeks… ugh.. Most looking forward to seeing battle of Hogwarts and WWW.

then the long wait till August for Gringotts. 
I’ll be waiting to see photos for a lot of these sets. 

That Rita Skeeter minifig is fantastic :excited:

Maybe I‘ve been a bit too harsh on the June wave before. Sure, there‘s nothing as exciting as 12 Grimmauld Place or the MoM on the list apart from the BoH, but so far we can cross three pretty important characters off our list of missing characters this year :classic: And we already got two excellent playsets in March!

Depending on what Gringotts is like (and how good the minifig selection of the two other playsets turns out), I can see 2023 rising in my ranking after all :laugh:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That Rita Skeeter minifig is fantastic :excited:

The only things I don’t absolutely adore about the Rita minifig are the plain legs (which I get are a budget issue) and the trans green plume piece for her quick quotes quill. I wish they’d done the mini feather piece in green for the quill, it would be much more screen accurate - right now it just looks like she’s holding floo powder fire. 

I can't wait to see the Battle of Hogwarts set...
Seeing three out of seven characters (Scabior, Bellatrix and Voldemort) die in a set is a forbidden pleasure, a really dark set for LEGO :snicker:.
Just joking, friends! :iamded_lol:

Is it already known how much will it cost the book with Rita Skeeter?

Just pre-ordered the four regular retail sets :laugh_hard: First time I pre-ordered something without having even seen it :snicker:

The website neither has images nor descriptions by the way, just names and prices

The Harry Potter reboot is (unfortunately) official now, so I wonder what that means for the future of this theme. I hope it doesn't mean we will no longer get movie based sets in favor of the new version, that would be such a shame.

14 minutes ago, EdWebhead said:

The Harry Potter reboot is (unfortunately) official now, so I wonder what that means for the future of this theme. I hope it doesn't mean we will no longer get movie based sets in favor of the new version, that would be such a shame.

The second they make sets based on that trash, I quit.

I think they'll definitely make sets for it. I just don't see that show doing well. The movies aren't that old, many of the actors are beloved (based on how the internet works, the new cast will almost certainly get dumped on and harrassed constantly), and a book a season sounds super tedious for some of those books. And that's to say nothing about the way Rowling has been phoning it in on every one of these projects for the last few years (hopefully they don't let her write any of it as her screenplay skills on fantastic beasts were abysmal).

Why couldn't they just go forward with the rumored Hogwarts Legacy show? At least that would have been new.

Edited by strangely

T

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The second they make sets based on that trash, I quit.

“That trash” it’s only just been announced how d’you know it’ll be trash?

I’m all for it personally. The movie series is iconic for many reasons, but damn it’d be cool to see the books adapted more closely, and knowing the full story beforehand will allow them to tell some parts better I think.

and hey, atleast we know that the Lego theme will likely stick around forever now

40 minutes ago, EdWebhead said:

I hope it doesn't mean we will no longer get movie based sets in favor of the new version, that would be such a shame.

Well, that will surely be a major risk. I don't know when this reboot will be out neither if the actual LEGO license will cover the reboot. In the past designers admited WB influenced the sets produced, so I see very likely that, in case, WB and LEGO could agree on producing only sets based on the reboot.

Edited by BrickMatit

I’m not a huge HP fan, but I do enjoy the films.

And even I cannot believe that they’re doing a HP reboot when the films are on the same level of popularity as LotR and even Star Wars. Not only is there movies still tying to the film series but there’s also the entirety of HP world in Orlando that is like a 1:1 of the films and is insanely popular.

This is easily the dumbest and most creatively bankrupt thing I’ve seen any film studio do. This is akin to rebooting Star Wars and Lotr. This show will bomb so hard.

Edited by Nylock

41 minutes ago, EdWebhead said:

I think the theme is over after this, and probably the HP franchise as a whole. Regardless of the franchise's recent floundering and Rowling's... whatever she's been up to (I stopped paying attention for my sanity), it's pretty inarguable that these eight movies are one of the most beloved film series of all time, and certainly the most beloved of the 21st century. (Heck, this forum is discussing the sixth year of an extremely popular toyline based on a film series that ended in 2011.) Even outside of just LEGO, HP merch is incredibly popular, and the movies are literally the main attraction at the Universal theme parks - sacrificing all of that for a reboot that seems to exist only for short-term profit is just an absurd decision.

I really doubt the new series will pick up steam. A lot of HP fans are pretty much done giving money to Rowling and are content to stick with enjoying the books and movies they're nostalgic for, others are going to refuse to watch it because they live in a parallel universe where everything is "woke" or whatever buzzword there is now, and of the remainder I think most Potter fans like the movies and won't be clamoring for a reboot - in general, something like a Marauders spinoff seems much more desired by fans. Between the inevitable backlash for rebooting it, the fact the OG movies are still popular, and the fact that Rowling is a walking controversy machine, I just can't see this series doing well and I'd be very surprised to see it make it to Deathly Hallows.