Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

The rest of the wave is still just MEH, but the BoH sounds like an amazing set! DH McGonagall and Scabior are excellent additions, especially the latter. I remember being disappointed by his absence in the 2010/11 sets, so it’s great to finally get a minifig of his here! :thumbup:

Glad they picked him over any named Death Eaters (like the Carrows, those lame-os). Scabior’s way more memorable than any of them, and his death scene is glorious

Clock Tower AGAIN? (Unless Your guys' hunch about it being the clock in front of the Great Hall is correct.)

Feels like this theme is starting to draw to a close for me tbh... I don't mind that!

Edited by sammy_zammy

Yeah, the minifigure selection for the Battle of Hogwarts set is fantastic, but why doesn't it include Ron? 

I don't mean that this set specifically needed to include him, but it feels really weird that we got DHII Harry and Hermione, but no Ron.

I'm excited to see the new sets, I always am but the theme is a bit all over the shop at the moment.

Set quality is either super detailed and expensive or vague badly designed stuff that's overpriced too. The banner are ok but not really any improvement to the classrooms, the figures are nothing special and Au$50 here in oz. I got mine for 32 each of marketplace and I was never gonna pay full price. The room of requirement is an ugly set in that horrible castle style, can't wait till they kill that off. I opened it, looked through the instructions and decided not to even build it. I liked the new double door in it though. Figures are boring too.

I liked the tri wizard set but it's not detailed enough, I bought two full price and I moced mine but I like doing that to sets. The figures are the most exciting part and ideally we could have had another 4 to get all the main characters. I made my own versions but the outfits are hard to match using existing parts. Not sure we will ever see them made if not in this set.

And we just got the large Hogwarts express and now we are getting a new one. They could have made the station, the carriage from last year and the gates to Hogwarts as a set without the train and we would have had the two locations of the train, start and finish. I suppose the train is the selling point but I have it already so it will be the figures and the station quality that sells it anyway. 

Gringotts will look great i think and it should because they are making it one of these super detailed and super expensive sets. I love and hate these sets. Most of them I have to ignore as you could never display them all in your house or afford them all. I love the castle set and lord of the rings but my wallet doesn't seem to want to buy them. Gringotts should have been an add on set to Dragon alley 200 bucks at most and you would have bought it and added it to your dragon alley no problem. And then they could have made the super detailed one with the dragon and the mines as a seperate idea. And we are getting a cheap WWW set now. WWW should have been one of the missing shops instead, The pub really, if we were getting Gringotts and the pub this year I think everyone would be super excited and even more excited at the prospect of getting more of the street. 

The Battle of hogwarts being the clock tower again, I love that building but we don't need it again. The main courtyard of the hall would have been a much better option and if it's in the new castle style, who knows what it will look like this time. Screen accuracy is well out the window at this stage. 

The quidditch chest is just a rehash of the last case set. Nothing new there. The patronus could be nice, something different if they use trans pieces.

I'm a bit sad for the theme at the moment, design quality is on the low side, the types of sets we are getting is poor, there are so many sets they could be making but the are rehashing old sets instead and repeating the same ideas with small tweaks. People wanted the dorm rooms but did they want them in thin banners? People want Gringotts but did they want it to be super expensive? Nobody wanted another train really and now we will have two. It's no longer a buy ever set theme and it's easy to skip most of the sets being released at the moment. 

I'm probably in the minority, I know lots of people like the new sets but I miss the early years of the theme when they were really trying to make it last and you could feel the designers passion for the sets they were making. Now if I love one or two sets each year i'm happy with that. I used to love them all though. 

Battle of Hogwarts: So excited for this set and really pleased with the minifigure selection! A statue could be included as part of the build, just not in the minifigure lineup. As for Ron, he could be in a future set such as the Boathouse, but most likely a 3rd CMF. I think they will do another one at some point as long as the theme is still going.

Expecto Patronum: could be cool, but I would have rather had a diorama of the classroom scene.

Quidditch trunk: I think it’s reasonable to expect Quidditch uniforms from all 4 houses to be included. My issue, like others, lies with consistency. The banners have jumpers, the older uniforms have capes. What version will be in the trunk? One or the other, surely not a third option. I need my teams to match.

It seems we’re getting descriptions and photos a bit later this year than last. A bit of a shame. I wonder if Promobricks still has news we haven’t learned yet. It seems she was waiting to release some info, but perhaps it’s been shared already?

Luna over Ginny all day! Not only is she more interesting as a person, but better outfits/accessories for minifigures. Hopefully we will get the Lovegood home one day as we will be getting our 3rd (allegedly) Burrow next year. They are neighbors after all.

Really looking forward to Scabior, I didn't realise until recently he has a red streak in his hair (I'm colourblind) and wonder if they can pull that off on the Will Turner or Kanan Jarrus ponytail pieces which I think would be most appropriate. It would be a shame if they had to compromise on the hair piece just so it could be painted which is what feels like happened with 2011 Narcissa. 

12 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Also, what do they have against Ginny? We've seen fewer Ginnys than Lunas since the reboot, and she was in half the books / films.

Agreed, also far too many Neville at the expense of very little Seamus Finnigan 

If the BOH is meant to be the Great Hall entrance (seems more likely to me) then there’s no way it’ll work with the 2021 build. If it’s the clock tower then it’s a repeat of something that’s only 2.5 years old, a set I skipped though so at least it’ll be new to me assuming I go for this.

Lego HP is so overinflated with extras that they’ve outnumbered the proper minifigure scale sets. This year we’ve got 4 gimmicky fold out sets, 2 buildable creatures, and a micro scale D2C. That’s without even mentioning the brickheads or advent calendar. Meanwhile for proper sets we’ve got 2 remakes, 2 gimmicky on their own Hogwarts rectangle sets, 1 massively expensive D2C, and 1 once standard new (to the reboot) set. 6 isn’t nothing but for people who don’t want remakes, don’t want Hogwarts rectangles, or can’t afford a $400+ D2C then that whittles things down even further. 

Even if they aren’t taking the place of the once standard play-scale sets do we seriously need 2 different styles of foldout sets, 2 creature builds, brickheads, and a microscale D2C all in one year? Id love to see them trim the fat a bit. It all adds up and just makes it so overwhelming. Maybe the foldouts really are what most kids want and the creatures, Brickheads, and microscale stuff are what most collectors really want though. 

4 hours ago, Seaber said:

Really looking forward to Scabior, I didn't realise until recently he has a red streak in his hair (I'm colourblind) and wonder if they can pull that off on the Will Turner or Kanan Jarrus ponytail pieces which I think would be most appropriate.

I think the Will Turner hairpiece would work pretty well. At least it did in the video game back in the day!

No matter which hairpiece they end up using, as long as it isn’t the Dastan piece, all is well :laugh:

@Bugbot20082, now there's an idea. What are the chances it's Seamus instead of Neville? That's to say was your impression they were looking at / working from a text description or a picture? We've had that happen before where people less familiar with the material were forced to guess from small prelims and got things wrong. 

@BrickBob Studpants, re Dastan hair, I rather like it for Snape, but seeing it on everyone from Ron to Tonks becomes a bit much. 

Edited by krimimimi

Doesn't seem likely to happen, but I hope they change Harry's legs to a darker shade of blue in the Battle of Hogwarts set.

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

@BrickBob Studpants, re Dastan hair, I rather like it for Snape, but seeing it on everyone from Ron to Tonks becomes a bit much. 

Exactly. I do like the hairpiece, but so many HP characters are already using it :laugh_hard: Not only Ron, Tonks, and Snape, but also Wormtail and Mr Borgin.

And I hope they give him a new faceprint

Hi all, recently moved from Canada to the UK and continuing my collecting here...I brought my 200+ HP minifigures in a carry-on on the plane since there was no way I was trusting a shipping company!  The sets and buildings etc. had to stay behind so now I am a mini-figure collector only!

Can someone let me know where the best place in the UK is to get the new Cho Chang polybag please?  Not even sure who stocks Lego here and I am in a rural area and don't want to travel far to find somewhere doesn't have it.  Maybe Smyth's Toys or WH Smith?

Thanks.

Late as always to the party :laugh: Easter is always a busy period at the church.

Not surprised by Battle of Hogwarts carachters choice: Harry and Voldemort are a must, Neville is by far more important than Ron in the final scenes in the courtyard, killing Nagini (and I assume we could see the snake) and the same between Bellatrix and Narcissa. In a one versus one scene, the best paires are Scabior for Neville and Molly for Bellatrix (very good choiches). Plus McGonagall that is, in my opinion, a good inclusion.

Not interested in the Quidditch Trunk set; not even in Expecto Patronum set: about this I will judge the minifigures and eventually I'll try to buy it/them on the second market.

5 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

Hi all, recently moved from Canada to the UK and continuing my collecting here...I brought my 200+ HP minifigures in a carry-on on the plane since there was no way I was trusting a shipping company!  The sets and buildings etc. had to stay behind so now I am a mini-figure collector only!

Can someone let me know where the best place in the UK is to get the new Cho Chang polybag please?  Not even sure who stocks Lego here and I am in a rural area and don't want to travel far to find somewhere doesn't have it.  Maybe Smyth's Toys or WH Smith?

Thanks.

There’s a site called brick-a-brac-uk.com that has it for £4.49. Welcome to the UK.

Hi, hope this allowed on here, just got the Triwizard Tourni set and I only want the minifigs so have the whole lake/pier/stand set up if anyone would like to buy it for a very reasonable price.  I remember reading some people wanted to buy multiples to make a set up that was movie accurate.  Will happily ship anywhere.  Message me.

21 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

There’s a site called brick-a-brac-uk.com that has it for £4.49. Welcome to the UK.

Cheers, it is a return for me, from North Yorkshire but moved to Canada 16 years ago.  Will check out that website!  So you can't get polybags in shops then???

51 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

Cheers, it is a return for me, from North Yorkshire but moved to Canada 16 years ago.  Will check out that website!  So you can't get polybags in shops then???

It's pretty much impossible to find any of the desirable ones in physical stores then they cost way to much on Ebay sadly. Supermarkets usually just stock the generic City, Creator and Friends ones but never usually the Marvel or HP ones :( 

21 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Scabior 

the Carrows, those lame-os). Scabior’s way more memorable

Are Scabior and The Carrows characters then? (I don't remember them from reading the books twice, and I'm certainly not reading that woman's literature ever again.) I assumed Scabior was a mistranslation of Scabbers?

1 minute ago, Killian said:

Are Scabior and The Carrows characters then? (I don't remember them from reading the books twice, and I'm certainly not reading that woman's literature ever again.) I assumed Scabior was a mistranslation of Scabbers?

Scabior is the leader of the snatchers, the bounty hunters that catch the trio and bring them to Malfoy Manor in DH1. He participates in the BoH and dies when Neville lets the bridge collapse :classic:

The Carrows were Death Eaters that got teaching positions after Voldy took over, with very minor roles in the films though. Their best moment is when Snaps knocks them out during his duel with McGonagall :laugh_hard:

25 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

It's pretty much impossible to find any of the desirable ones in physical stores then they cost way to much on Ebay sadly. Supermarkets usually just stock the generic City, Creator and Friends ones but never usually the Marvel or HP ones :( 

Thanks for the heads up. I will do my best to find online...and a blue cape to make Cho Chang fit in with the other Quidditch figures.

BTW I have watched your vids for a long time over the pond and always let out a yelp when you post a new leaks video and shout my 9 yr old daughter to 'come see quick!'. Funny to have you reply to me on here. Thank you for all you do. My daughter will go nuts in the morning when she wakes up and I tell her the guy from the youtube vids replied haha.

All the best and keep on leaking!

1 minute ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

So, am I the only one crossing my fingers for Lego to start doing the Star Wars style dioramas for the HP theme?! What would be your choices?

“Did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire, Harry? Dumbledore asked calmly 

On 4/9/2023 at 1:51 PM, krimimimi said:

@Bugbot20082, now there's an idea. What are the chances it's Seamus instead of Neville? That's to say was your impression they were looking at / working from a text description or a picture? We've had that happen before where people less familiar with the material were forced to guess from small prelims and got things wrong. 

It’s happened before, first description of Dumbledore’s office suggested Mcgonagall was in it, but then later on we discovered to much joy that it was Madame Pince!

1 hour ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

So, am I the only one crossing my fingers for Lego to start doing the Star Wars style dioramas for the HP theme?! What would be your choices?

I hope they don't do this with the Harry Potter theme.  The SW dioramas are way overpriced.  A good portion of the included parts go into making an unnecessary baseplate to hold the quote.  I like some of the Star Wars ones but I won't buy them because of all the wasted bricks that go into the boring black bases.  It's also a big factor in my decision to skip last years oversized Hogwart's Express where they also wasted so many bricks on the base portion.

8 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

It’s happened before, first description of Dumbledore’s office suggested Mcgonagall was in it, but then later on we discovered to much joy that it was Madame Pince!

Neville makes a lot more sense to include here though. Sure, Seamus helps bringing the bridge down, but it’s Neville who confronts the Snatchers. Also, it increases the chances of Nagini being included :laugh: