Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, joeee said:

We would never get this, but: I would love an open world where TLG uses the actual Hogwarts sets from 2018-2020 for game play. Even if it would be barebones and open in the back, I would still adore being able to walk through it all. There are some days where I wish I could shrink for a little and explore my LEGO sets.

I'm pretty sure the bonus level for LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 featured interactable versions of the 2010-2011 sets scattered throughout it, though they didn't really have proper exteriors to explore.  I could see something similar for the newer sets being included in the game if it has a bonus level.

@joeee, have you tried playing with digital models at all? Because you can basically download the models of the Hogwarts sets other people have already built, and then stick them together pretty easily so the configuration works for you. Stickers are sometimes a bit of an issue, but it's surprising just how much material is finished and waiting out there for you to use. Run it through Blender, and you can even make your own animations...

Gringotts has allegedly 4804 pieces, so fewer than DA despite a similar price. Not sure it the IG user is reliable, as it‘s an account mostly known for reposting other people‘s leaks :shrug_oh_well:

Hope to hear more from the theme anyway, it‘s been pretty silent here lately!

With pic leaks/reveal probably within a month, I’m really hoping to get some confirmation of what the final set is. Fingers crossed for Durmstrang Ship because along with Gringotts, those are the last two sets I really need

38 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Gringotts has allegedly 4804 pieces, so fewer than DA despite a similar price. Not sure it the IG user is reliable, as it‘s an account mostly known for reposting other people‘s leaks :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah, about 700 fewer pieces I think, only a $10 price-reduction. Maybe that means a molded dragon, or a ton of minifigures?

It may look a little odd next to DA if there really is an underground rail system. I guess that could be detachable or something. Can't wait to see it either way!

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

It may look a little odd next to DA if there really is an underground rail system. I guess that could be detachable or something.

Wasn't a Promobricks' statement that Gringott's would be in scale with Diagon Alley? If that's the case, I suppose the lower part could be removable.

Can't wait to see it too.

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

Wasn't a Promobricks' statement that Gringott's would be in scale with Diagon Alley? If that's the case, I suppose the lower part could be removable.

That sounds right. The GWP is supposedly a Gringott's vault, which I'd assume would be to scale as well. 

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

In scale? Yes. Compatible? Not really. The overground section can't use a baseplate :tongue:

9 hours ago, RODDY said:

With pic leaks/reveal probably within a month, I’m really hoping to get some confirmation of what the final set is. Fingers crossed for Durmstrang Ship because along with Gringotts, those are the last two sets I really need

I thought there were two unidentified sets left - 76422 and 76423? Theoretically one of them could be the Sorting Hat we saw in the survey leaks, but I wasn’t aware there’d been any sort of confirmation. 

40 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I thought there were two unidentified sets left - 76422 and 76423? Theoretically one of them could be the Sorting Hat we saw in the survey leaks, but I wasn’t aware there’d been any sort of confirmation. 

Oh shoot you right. I made the mistake of the Hogwarts Grounds set being one of the two mystery sets instead of it replacing the Knight Bus D2C. 

I hope we hear soon what kind of set 76422 and 23 are. Out of the “confirmed” sets, I’m only looking forward to three, namely Gringotts, The Battle of Hogwarts, and the AC. This wave needs more regular playsets!

14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The leaker say it has less parts than the Disney castle and cost more *huh* Sounds strange with the Disney tax, but could be a micro-scale set with few minifigs and mostly small parts i guess :sceptic:

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

In scale? Yes. Compatible? Not really. The overground section can't use a baseplate

Yeah, I know :laugh: but as long as Gringotts' dimensions will be compatible with the shops' dimension in Diagon Alley, it won't be me who criticizes LEGO if the building can't be properly docked with the shops (provided it's a nice set, of course, and it has an easy detachable upper part; but I'm pretty hopeful it will be). And, anyway, one could also try to modify the set (even if I usually don't make it, apart for QQS and Daily Prophet).

By the way, how do you imagine this set? When thinking about it, I see a set with Gringotts facade plus rock pattern on the front and interior of the bank and vault in the rear; but I don't know how much could it be possible and I suppose there could be other ideas. I strongly hope to be positively surprised.

25 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

but could be a micro-scale set with few minifigs and mostly small parts i guess

Promobricks old statement was that Gringotts would be in scale with Diagon Alley and I don't think a microscale sets could be considerate in scale with a normal dimension set: it's true that Gringotts is taller than other shops, but I don't think it's so tall to justify a microscale set. Moulded parts for the dragon could bring up the price, don't they? And an inside printed floor (like the one in Rivendell) too.

A microscale Gringotts would be, for me, a strong delusion, only partially offset by my wallet relief :iamded_lol:

Oh well, I can't wait when we'll start reading and seeing more info.

While we normally don't see official pictures until sometime in April, we normally have descriptions by now. The Quidditch trunk and Expecto Patronum are the 2 sets I'm most interested to read a description. In my opinion they could go either way. The Quidditch trunk could either be similar to the trunk last year including Quidditch players, Madam Hooch, Lee Jordan, a miniature field, equipment, trophies, etc. OR it could be a buildable trunk (not my preference). Expecto Patronum could be a buildable Stag or other patronus (not my preference) OR a number of scenes (as we've previously discussed) from the films, but essentially a playset. 

We could also learn the names of the 2 unknown sets. Hopefully we will get some type of update soon!

I still haven't found the Quidditch polybag, however the Doctor Strange polybag which released Feb 1 is on Targets website to purchase now. By that timeline, the Quidditch polybag should be available to purchase by mid April :)

1 hour ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

While we normally don't see official pictures until sometime in April, we normally have descriptions by now. The Quidditch trunk and Expecto Patronum are the 2 sets I'm most interested to read a description. In my opinion they could go either way. The Quidditch trunk could either be similar to the trunk last year including Quidditch players, Madam Hooch, Lee Jordan, a miniature field, equipment, trophies, etc. OR it could be a buildable trunk (not my preference). Expecto Patronum could be a buildable Stag or other patronus (not my preference) OR a number of scenes (as we've previously discussed) from the films, but essentially a playset. 

We could also learn the names of the 2 unknown sets. Hopefully we will get some type of update soon!

I still haven't found the Quidditch polybag, however the Doctor Strange polybag which released Feb 1 is on Targets website to purchase now. By that timeline, the Quidditch polybag should be available to purchase by mid April :)

I’m curious about Expecto Patronum too. I think what’s interesting about the Expecto Patronum set is that it has a slightly higher age recommendation on it which makes me think it’s something a little different than a play set? Not sure if there are any play-sets that are 14+? 

Edited by JS038

10 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Promobricks old statement was that Gringotts would be in scale with Diagon Alley and I don't think a microscale sets could be considerate in scale with a normal dimension set: it's true that Gringotts is taller than other shops, but I don't think it's so tall to justify a microscale set. Moulded parts for the dragon could bring up the price, don't they? And an inside printed floor (like the one in Rivendell) too.

A microscale Gringotts would be, for me, a strong delusion, only partially offset by my wallet relief :iamded_lol:

I meant that the Disney set must be micro-scale since it is cheaper with more parts and the Disney tax on top of that. Sorry I did not make this more clear :blush:

18 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I hope we hear soon what kind of set 76422 and 23 are. Out of the “confirmed” sets, I’m only looking forward to three, namely Gringotts, The Battle of Hogwarts, and the AC. This wave needs more regular playsets!

Same here. I fear they are running out of playset ideas, though. There's probably a handful left, but I'm having trouble thinking of much they haven't done yet (beyond the rumored sets for this summer + everything else before).

And according to the same source, both D2Cs are coming out in September (Gringotts and Hogwarts Grounds).

Weird that they didn't spread it over the year. 

On 3/18/2023 at 2:04 AM, mirkwoodspiders said:

Same here. I fear they are running out of playset ideas, though. There's probably a handful left, but I'm having trouble thinking of much they haven't done yet (beyond the rumored sets for this summer + everything else before).

Troll in the Bathroom, Chamber of the Winged Keys, Triwizard Maze and something from the Deathly Hallows forest are the main ones for me I'd like them to do.

On 3/18/2023 at 3:04 AM, mirkwoodspiders said:

Just for what I remember from movies, I think that there's not so few scene LEGO could depict in a set. Here's a list with scene I remember: I don't know how good sets could be and probably I missed something.

HP.PS
1) Zoo scene, with a removable glass as a play function.
2) Leaky Cauldron; this location appear both here and in HP.PoA and it's for me an interesting one, but I don't know how much possible in LEGO plans and I would probably project my own one to go with Diagon Alley.
3) Quirrell's classroom, to serve as a scene in a bigger set.
4) Troll in the Bathroom.
5) Hagrid's Hut, with Norbert, Fang and Malfoy spying from the window.
6) Detention in the Forbidden Forest, with Firenze, Fang and an alive unicorn :laugh:.
7) Chamber of the Winged Keys, maybe to go with the next one.
8) Harry vs Quirrell/Voldemort.
9) Hogsmeade Station: this would go with an Hogwarts Express remake.

HP.CS 
1) Borgin and Burkes: an other interesting location, not sure how much could work alone and surely more interesting as an HBP set.
2) Hagrid's Hut: less interesting for me than the PS one; with Fudge, Malfoy and Dumbledore and, of course, Fang.
3) Quidditch Match (with Dobby), remake of the 2018 Quidditch Match set. I don't see this set possible in a short time, cause Quidditch is probably well covered by this year Quidditch Trunk.
4) Freeing Dobby, surely a small set, but a scene that LEGO created both in 2002 and in 2011.

HP.PoA
1) Inflated Marge: it needs a  particular minifigure and I think could work only with a Privet Drive remake or as a stand alone minifigure if whe ever will have a new Minifigures series.
2) Leaky Cauldron: as like as in PS.
3) Quidditch Match (with dementors): same considerations of the CoS one.
4) Snowballs at Hogsmeade: very likely covered by this year Advent's Calendar.

HP.GoF
1) Quidditch World Cup Camp Deatheaters attack.
2) Durmstrang Ship.
3) Triwizard Maze, but I don't consider it so interesting in the movie appearence.

HP.OotP
1) Dementors attack Harry and Dudley near the playground.
2) Fred and George escape from Hogwarts.
3) Prophecy Hall battle.

HP.HPB
1) Knockturn Alley: see the PS point.
2) Inferi Cave.

HP.DH1
1) Harry and Hagrid chased by Voldemort.
2) Bill and Fleur wedding.
3) Forest camp with the tent.
4) Godric's Hollow scene.
5) Lake scene.
6) Lovegood House.
7) Three Brothers tale with a brickbuilt death

HP-DH2
1) Hog's Head, in style with Hogsmeade Village set.

From my own list, there's a lot of set I would like to see. My favourite three ones would probably be:
1) Detention in the Forbidden Forest from PS.
2) Forest camp with the tent from DH.
3) Leaky Cauldron from PS.

And, of course, with an evergreen theme, we'll probably see a Great Hall remake :snicker:.

2 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

And, of course, with an evergreen theme, we'll probably see a Great Hall remake :snicker:.

Good list! However I think Multiple Great Halls is no bad thing (unlike other structures/locations/vehicles which would be boring if repeated) as it could feature plenty of different scenes. 

Aside from the normal day to day house tables and the seasonal decorations like Christmas and Halloween, the Great Hall could also be released as a set featuring:

PS - Sorting, End of Year Ceremony. 

CoS - Duelling Club. 

PoA - sleeping bags. 

GoF - Yule Ball, Triwizard Ceremony. 

OotP - Exam/Fred and George's Escape. 

DH - Battle of Hogwarts, including Molly vs Bellatrix. 

I know some of these have been portrayed before, but it's definitely a location with lots of different looks. 

Edited by Seaber

22 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Good list! However I think Multiple Great Halls is no bad thing (unlike other structures/locations/vehicles which would be boring if repeated) as it could feature plenty of different scenes.

Thanks. Yes, my only problem with a new Great Hall is that I don't know where to put it :laugh:.

I have not so much space and, at the moment, I have 3 different style area: one shelf with the 2001 Hogwarts Castle I bought two years ago, one shelf with the 2018-2020 Hogwarts and one with the 2021-today Hogwarts.

But I'm not totally against a Great Hall remake cause I know that for an evergreen theme, like Harry Potter seems to be, it's unavoidable and right having remakes for new fan entering in LEGO Harry Potter. And, by the way, as you pointed, there are scenes LEGO could portrait to make the remake less remake :snicker:.

8 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Just for what I remember from movies, I think that there's not so few scene LEGO could depict in a set. Here's a list with scene I remember: I don't know how good sets could be and probably I missed something.

HP.PS
1) Zoo scene, with a removable glass as a play function.
2) Leaky Cauldron; this location appear both here and in HP.PoA and it's for me an interesting one, but I don't know how much possible in LEGO plans and I would probably project my own one to go with Diagon Alley.
3) Quirrell's classroom, to serve as a scene in a bigger set.
4) Troll in the Bathroom.
5) Hagrid's Hut, with Norbert, Fang and Malfoy spying from the window.
6) Detention in the Forbidden Forest, with Firenze, Fang and an alive unicorn :laugh:.
7) Chamber of the Winged Keys, maybe to go with the next one.
8) Harry vs Quirrell/Voldemort.
9) Hogsmeade Station: this would go with an Hogwarts Express remake.

HP.CS 
1) Borgin and Burkes: an other interesting location, not sure how much could work alone and surely more interesting as an HBP set.
2) Hagrid's Hut: less interesting for me than the PS one; with Fudge, Malfoy and Dumbledore and, of course, Fang.
3) Quidditch Match (with Dobby), remake of the 2018 Quidditch Match set. I don't see this set possible in a short time, cause Quidditch is probably well covered by this year Quidditch Trunk.
4) Freeing Dobby, surely a small set, but a scene that LEGO created both in 2002 and in 2011.

HP.PoA
1) Inflated Marge: it needs a  particular minifigure and I think could work only with a Privet Drive remake or as a stand alone minifigure if whe ever will have a new Minifigures series.
2) Leaky Cauldron: as like as in PS.
3) Quidditch Match (with dementors): same considerations of the CoS one.
4) Snowballs at Hogsmeade: very likely covered by this year Advent's Calendar.

HP.GoF
1) Quidditch World Cup Camp Deatheaters attack.
2) Durmstrang Ship.
3) Triwizard Maze, but I don't consider it so interesting in the movie appearence.

HP.OotP
1) Dementors attack Harry and Dudley near the playground.
2) Fred and George escape from Hogwarts.
3) Prophecy Hall battle.

HP.HPB
1) Knockturn Alley: see the PS point.
2) Inferi Cave.

HP.DH1
1) Harry and Hagrid chased by Voldemort.
2) Bill and Fleur wedding.
3) Forest camp with the tent.
4) Godric's Hollow scene.
5) Lake scene.
6) Lovegood House.
7) Three Brothers tale with a brickbuilt death

HP-DH2
1) Hog's Head, in style with Hogsmeade Village set.

From my own list, there's a lot of set I would like to see. My favourite three ones would probably be:
1) Detention in the Forbidden Forest from PS.
2) Forest camp with the tent from DH.
3) Leaky Cauldron from PS.

I stand corrected! This theme may never end...

On 3/18/2023 at 7:26 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And according to the same source, both D2Cs are coming out in September (Gringotts and Hogwarts Grounds).

Weird that they didn't spread it over the year. 

Should be correct which is interesting they are releasing both at once given the Hogwarts Grounds is a regular set rather than a D2C. I mentioned about them both being September in a video a few weeks back so the account continues to steal info :laugh_hard:

I have a few bits of info on the regular sets so I'll try post them at some point in the next week :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

I have a few bits of info on the regular sets so I'll try post them at some point in the next week :thumbup:

Ohhhh! Looking forward to it, especially if minifig info is included :excited: