Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

19 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

What I don't understand is, if this is a new microscale castle, why extend the retirement date for 71043? Why have that clash on the shelves? They will arguably appeal to the same market.

Because this is the Microscale  Hogwarts Castle for people who can’t afford the $400 set. 

40 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Because this is the Microscale  Hogwarts Castle for people who can’t afford the $400 set. 

But if the new one looks more like a complete Hogwarts, I can't help but think people will gravitate towards it more than the old one. After all, it might not be £400+ but it will still be a lot of money. If both are microscale, it's not like people will need to choose between micro or minifig scale which is the normal dilemma. Yes 71043 has the founders and presumably the new one won't, but still. Maybe you know more about the general structure of the set, but it just seems like an odd crossover from set names alone. I think it does show the popularity of the theme though for Lego to think they can have more than one microscale build on the shelves at the same time, not to mention to many large sets. :classic:

Wow! Five beautiful figures just leaked from what looks like a Hogsmeade set.  Really accurate to the third film and in the case of ABERFORTH(!!!) to DH1.

I have the feeling that could be the advent calendar theme confirmed - but if so then the recoloured hats/new torsos are very generous for such a set.  In any case, they are wonderful. 

Some minifigures have leaked on IG. Looks like the trio and Malfoy in POA Hogsmeade outfits and Aberforth. I love Hermione's look, but the hat/hair pieces for the others are slightly off, but still passable.

Edited by BacktoBricks

From the picture of the four students it looks like someone with a pink torso is cut out the frame and possibly someone with a black hairpiece (as well as duplicates of the trio).

I'm guessing the Hogsmeade variants are from the Advent Calendar unless they are from one of the two unknown sets, but I can't see what set they would be in to warrant such a high price tag when we already have Hogsmeade. Very early to be thinking of Christmas if so, but can't doubt that they do make good wintery editions!

Advent Calendar 2023 -Winter in Hogsmeade. 

7 Figueres: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Rosmerta, Abetforth and one more. Harry Ron Hermione and Draco in winter clothes, witch hood and hats. 

It is true and some people well know that.  ;) 

Edited by Yaxley

Y'all are crazy, a new microscale Hogwarts and Ground is so much better than an oversize Knight Bus/Burrow/etc. Probably the first set I've been excited to see in this theme since Diagon Alley

This could easily be the best Advent Calendar we ever got, if they play their cards right.

The minifigures are looking excellent. I absolutely love those variants, so well-made. And if we're even getting Aberforth, it's truly gonna be something special. Can't wait for Hogsmeade builds, they should definitely focus on those and not the microbuilds.

Last year was the only year since 2019 when I didn't get a HP Advent Calendar. It wasn't even bad, really, but it worked as more of a standalone set, while the others worked as expansions to the regular sets.

I’m not an advent calendar guy, the only one I got was the Yule Ball one for the twins and Cho Chang. But this with these new variants, I’m totally going to pick it up. They look so good and finally getting Aberforth is dope too. 

Edited by RODDY

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Can't wait for Hogsmeade builds, they should definitely focus on those and not the microbuilds.

Totally agree that a focus on Hogsmeade builds would be brilliant.  Signs for the shops, horse and cart, butterbeer wagon, street lamps etc.  I enjoyed the microbuilds last year but they're not so useful for mocs. 

34 minutes ago, Yaxley said:

Advent Calendar 2023 -Winter in Hogsmeade. 

7 Figueres: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Rosmerta, Abetforth and one more. Harry Ron Hermione and Draco in winter clothes, witch hood and hats. 

It is true and some people well know that.  ;) 

I love the figures. Aberforth looks a bit odd though, I hope he gets a cloth skirt piece, and I will probably swap out the beard for the one in the video game. They did leak extremely early though. At least we are finally getting a more winter themed advent calendar this year. I wonder who the final character is. The pink arm would hint towards Luna or a repeated Mrs. Flume. But the Black hair might hint towards Cho Chang or Katie Bell. The only downside is see is that this might mean we won't be getting Hogshead Inn anytime soon (unless these are repeat characters).

I’d be doubting that we’re getting this lucky with this year’s advent calendar - we’d never usually expect to see AC figs this early and before any of the summer ones - but the same source also leaked ugly holiday sweater versions of Spider-Man and Black Widow. So it looks like we have a green light to get excited about this!

Finally, after the middling ’21 calendar and lackluster offering last year, lego has finally realized that we think the ‘20 Yule Ball calendar was the ideal format and are seemingly returning to it!

4 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’d be doubting that we’re getting this lucky with this year’s advent calendar - we’d never usually expect to see AC figs this early and before any of the summer ones - but the same source also leaked ugly holiday sweater versions of Spider-Man and Black Widow. So it looks like we have a green light to get excited about this!

Finally, after the middling ’21 calendar and lackluster offering last year, lego has finally realized that we think the ‘20 Yule Ball calendar was the ideal format and are seemingly returning to it!

Well correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't voldemort the first figure to leak last year? Before any of the summer stuff.

This year’s AC has potential to be the best one yet! The minifigs alone are worth it :thumbup:

Funny how Aberforth gets a new faceprint and Gandalf doesn’t :laugh_hard:

28 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't voldemort the first figure to leak last year? Before any of the summer stuff.

I think you might be right. I think @BrickBob Studpants might know the timescale. I do remember thinking it barely felt like we were over the last Christmas. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Where have you guys found the Aberforth leak? I've only seen the one with the trio, Malfoy, and Rosmerta.

Where have you found Rosmerta? I've only seen the trio and Aberforth on IG under the usual #. :laugh_hard:

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Where have you found Rosmerta? I've only seen the trio and Aberforth on IG under the usual #. :laugh_hard:

@skladam__klocki on Instagram, aslo under the usual hashtag :wacko:

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

There's one picture with a 3 by 2 array of visible logos with five minifigs on the six squares. One of them is Rosmerta, she appears to be the same as the version included in the Hogsmeade set. (Hashtag legoleaks, if we're permitted to say that?)

I haven't seen the Aberforth fig at all though. (I'm assuming the one that looks a little like it could be him is actually Gandalf.)

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

@skladam__klocki on Instagram, aslo under the usual hashtag :wacko:

Ah thank you. I find that IG on my browser will only show me the latest 21 posts on a page/# and then I just get. Loading wheel, so if it's not in that lot I can't find it. Those photos are completely different to the post I saw which appears to have now gone.

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Where have you guys found the Aberforth leak? I've only seen the one with the trio, Malfoy, and Rosmerta.

The post with Aberforth seems to have been taken down already unfortunately