Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, Nylock said:

What are you guys’ predictions for DC next year? 

If the new DC (batman) sets sell like I think they will, I’m expecting a single 4+ set.

BUT on the off chance these sell well, I’m hoping for another dark knight set, hopefully the Bat from TDKR.

I like the idea of the Bat. The last one they released looks pretty basic by today's standards and is spoiled by the random blue highlights all over the build. It would also be a good opportunity to throw in Catwoman on the Batpod who they left out of the last version.

If the Gotham City Skyline set goes ahead then a new Batmobile also based on the Animated Series would go well alongside it. Either that or release the ones from Batman Forever and Batman & Robin since they're the only two left from live action that haven't been covered yet.

I think almost everybody is ready to move on from the Keaton films by now but I'd still like to see one last set with the Bat Ski-Boat just to wrap everything up from that era.

33 minutes ago, wesker said:

If the Gotham City Skyline set goes ahead then a new Batmobile also based on the Animated Series would go well alongside it. Either that or release the ones from Batman Forever and Batman & Robin since they're the only two left from live action that haven't been covered yet.

I think almost everybody is ready to move on from the Keaton films by now but I'd still like to see one last set with the Bat Ski-Boat just to wrap everything up from that era.

I would love some sets from the Animated Series. I agree that the 1989 stuff can take a break for a while. The art style of the Animated Series is terrific and could look awesome in some decent sets.

8 hours ago, Nylock said:

I think there’s going to be three sets:

• Batman vs Joker
  • Batman vs Joker 4+
  • Batman vs Jok… Harley Quinn

:laugh_hard:

The state of this theme is depressing, but at least we got a few affordable sets this year. The minifigure scale Batwing is a great set imo. 

Wonder if we'll get any Aquaman sets. Probably not, I guess we would've heard something by now (seeing as the set would release in October).

We're probably gonna have to wait until Spring 2025 to see the theme getting revived. I hope James Gunn's DCU will do wonders for LEGO DC.

12 hours ago, Nylock said:

D2C Arkham Asylum, but it's based on Batman Begins, with Batman, Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Rachel, Commissioner Gordon and Carmine Falcone. It also turns into a box

19 hours ago, Nylock said:

If the new DC (batman) sets sell like I think they will, I’m expecting a single 4+ set.

BUT on the off chance these sell well, I’m hoping for another dark knight set, hopefully the Bat from TDKR.

Build able Joker mech from 89 Batmsn

Build able Harley Quinn mech the Squad 

4 plus Batman submarine attack with killer Penguin 

The 3d art set BAS 

BAS Batmobile 

BAS batboat 

BAS Batwing 

BAS Arkham Asylum 

BAS Batmobile polybag 

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The state of this theme is depressing, but at least we got a few affordable sets this year. The minifigure scale Batwing is a great set imo. 

Wonder if we'll get any Aquaman sets. Probably not, I guess we would've heard something by now (seeing as the set would release in October).

We're probably gonna have to wait until Spring 2025 to see the theme getting revived. I hope James Gunn's DCU will do wonders for LEGO DC.

Marvel list is our, about 10 set numbers missing, some DC maybe, if not wtf Lego wtf! 

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

Marvel list is our, about 10 set numbers missing, some DC maybe, if not wtf Lego wtf! 

Interesting. I wonder what the other 10 Marvel sets are. 😆

37 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Sad but true 👍.  

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

I really wouldn’t be surprised if they are Marvel.  The thing is DC, especially Batman has so many villains to either redo or give us brand new versions of that 10 sets could easily merit that.  

Personally I’d be open to 4 or 5 Arkham Asylum sets that can all connect to one huge Arkham Asylum.  That way it’s good for people who have dreamt of a £500 Arkham Asylum but also affordable for people who can’t spend £500 on a Lego set all at once.  Basically do something similar to Hogwarts Castle but with a better interior… a much better interior. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

All the themes getting so many set numbers today. It's just so depressing to visit this thread :tongue:

Not as depressing as another one whose funeral we should be planning :laugh_hard:

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

All the themes getting so many set numbers today. It's just so depressing to visit this thread :tongue:

It's just a sad day, like the last 3 or so years have been. Maybe we get something later in the year like this year! 

Just a sad sad day! 

Between this and Indiana Jones, I really choose to be a fan of the worst things where Lego is concerned.

Depressing indeed but at least Brick Clicker gave us a piece count and price for the BTAS Gotham City Skyline recently… so that’s something. 

45 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Depressing indeed but at least Brick Clicker gave us a piece count and price for the BTAS Gotham City Skyline recently… so that’s something. 

I think he’s just going over old news though mate, there’s nothing we didn’t know in that video. 

On 8/1/2023 at 9:50 AM, NXS7 said:

D2C Arkham Asylum, but it's based on Batman Begins, with Batman, Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Rachel, Commissioner Gordon and Carmine Falcone. It also turns into a box

As much as BB might be my favorite superhero movies (and in my top few all time favorite movies), the asylum from that universe is a bit boring. I feel like they should go the comic route of a big gothic building on a cliff or island, in the manner of BTAS. Hell, even Batman Forever would be an acceptable inspiration. 

8 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

This is just the suggested price and piece count from the survey leak, it's not an official confirmation.

That set may not even release, ever.

5 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

A recolored version of that Moon Knight hood seems like it could work well for Raven...

Bold of you to assume we‘d ever see DC minifigs again that aren‘t Batman, The Joker, or Harley Quinn :laugh_hard:

Seriously though, that would work very well indeed!

DC just does not get any love in the first quarter of the year! Like someone mentioned maybe we get another couple sets come summer, then a massive reboot come the jame gunn era and any Batman Movies to be released.  But also, is there any kids animation in beside bat wheels? 

45 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

But also, is there any kids animation in beside bat wheels? 

My Adventures with Superman

Teen Titans Go!

Batman: Caped Crusader (allegedly coming by the end of this year)

If the Animated series skyline is true do you think we would also get a D2C Animated series Arkham?
as well as some smaller sets (another boatmobile - probably with joker)

15 minutes ago, BatDeanj said:

If the Animated series skyline is true do you think we would also get a D2C Animated series Arkham?
as well as some smaller sets (another boatmobile - probably with joker)

I think everyone's taking the BTAS sets for granted.

Even if we do get the BTAS art set, that doesn't mean we'll get any system sets.

Look at the Nolan trilogy, we got the Tumbler and that's it.

With West we got 2 sets, but one of them was just a re-release of the Batmobile included in the Batcave.

The only (retro) Batman movie that got several sets has been Keaton, and it's been more likely incidental (thanks to Ezra Miller).

Moreso, the art set is supposed to have most of the main cast. I don't think they'd add them all there if they also intended to make smaller sets.