Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

THELEGOBATMAN v THELEGOSUPERMAN: Dawn of LEGO movie incoming? *huh*

Please, save my wallet.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The Gotham set just leaked, and it looks extremely impressive. 

Not sure who this set really is for. Feels like something that would sell better as a cheaper set.

It looks amazing, but if I didn't get the Wave or the Starry Night sets, no way I'm getting this one.

Like it looks so good, but 300€ are 300€.

2 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

preliminary photos have leaked of this supposed Gotham skyline. Looks a little iffy but there have been soooo many leaked images today. If its real I like it but again, not sure how much everyone wants a BTAS Gotham skyline, I'll get it but they could've done sets based on BTAS, like the the custom sets I've designed

I think it looks excellent, if it is indeed real. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be, 

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

Wow I really like this, although concur with @THELEGOBATMAN that the price seems high (hard to say without more detail though). 

But MY LORD what went wrong with the X-Mansion?

I heard the X-mansion image is just someone's old moc?

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think it looks excellent, if it is indeed real. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be, 

I heard the X-mansion image is just someone's old moc?

It looks like one of those Arkham knock-offs you see on Amazon called like “mental health hospital” or something. 

I'm not really a fan of this set, but I really want those figures. I guess it could be used as a nice backdrop to my city, but then again it might be too small. I kinda hope they decide to do something else for the animated series, but at least they finally give it some attention.

6 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm not really a fan of this set, but I really want those figures. I guess it could be used as a nice backdrop to my city, but then again it might be too small. I kinda hope they decide to do something else for the animated series, but at least they finally give it some attention.

I feel the same, I feel like this is out of nowhere for lego to make. But the figure selection sounds amazing and I'm sure we would have phenomenal printing and new molds. The timing is also odd because BTAS had its 30th anniversary... last year (2022). Like this would have been a phenomenal way to celebrate that but they release it now like ???

I hate to be this guy but I have been designing custom lego sets and about 95% of them are based on BTAS or Batman Beyond. Like the BTAS batmobile is arguably the most iconic one along with the batwing. 

12 minutes ago, bricksbyjim said:

Like this would have been a phenomenal way to celebrate that but they release it now like ???

Mask of the Phantasm has its 30th anniversary this year :laugh:

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Mask of the Phantasm has its 30th anniversary this year :laugh:

aaahhh good catch. That totally makes sense then why they would include the Phantasm as a character ! 

24 minutes ago, bricksbyjim said:

aaahhh good catch. That totally makes sense then why they would include the Phantasm as a character ! 

I think everyone on EB puts way too much stock into anniversaries. There’s not much evidence Lego does anything for them on purpose.

There are five figs rumored for this set. You have to have Batman and the Joker because duh. The other three were all created (or may as well have been) for the show. It makes sense these are the five. Tbh for the price I’d like to see Two-Face and Poison Ivy with orange hair as well.

2 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

I think everyone on EB puts way too much stock into anniversaries. There’s not much evidence Lego does anything for them on purpose.

I know, right? Like I doubt anyone would've been mad if we'd got the Phantasm 1 year before their 30 anniversary

Very happy to here Batman is making a proper comeback finally.  Hopefully the sets coming will be comic/Arkham game based.  There are still plenty of rouges for Batman that we need to get and now probably remakes of rouges we need to.  Personally I am hoping for a large scale/D2C Arkham Asylum that can be fully enclosed like the Ghostbusters HQ.  Ideally it would be the size of the previous three combined or a little bigger.  A proper Wayne Manor would be nice as well.  Do we have a price list for the sets yet?

On another note I am not too interested in the leaked Gotham City set.

If we got something like an 18+ Arkham set, I wonder if characters like Zsasz or Professor Pyg would have any chance of appearing, considering that I thought the Daily Bugle being 18+ was supposedly the reason why characters like the Punisher could be included.

Phantasm in a set I can't afford

X mansion being in production makes it seem like lego employees are lurking here... you gotta make dc cmf 2 guys. For comic fans

Edited by thephantasm

17 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

THELEGOBATMAN v THELEGOSUPERMAN: Dawn of LEGO movie incoming? *huh*

An Ultimate Collector’s Edition will be released a few months later that’ll be 30 minutes longer.

9 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

If we got something like an 18+ Arkham set, I wonder if characters like Zsasz or Professor Pyg would have any chance of appearing, considering that I thought the Daily Bugle being 18+ was supposedly the reason why characters like the Punisher could be included.

I don't see Zsasz happening, but Professor Pyg maybe someday if they base it on something like beware the Batman, which made him somewhat more child friendly. They could even pair him up with Mr. Toad. Personally I'm still hoping for a minifigure sized Clayface xD.

3 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Personally I'm still hoping for a minifigure sized Clayface xD.

Same! The Vidiyo slime head would work really well for him. Would be pretty silly not to take advantage of that before the mould retires :classic: Other formerly Vidiyo-exclusive parts have started to show up in other themes, so this wouldn‘t be too far-fetched

33 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I don't see Zsasz happening, but Professor Pyg maybe someday if they base it on something like beware the Batman, which made him somewhat more child friendly. They could even pair him up with Mr. Toad. Personally I'm still hoping for a minifigure sized Clayface xD.

Despite being a rather dark character, Prof Pyg has such a goofy looking design I could see Lego eventually doing him.

21 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Despite being a rather dark character, Prof Pyg has such a goofy looking design I could see Lego eventually doing him.

There was ofcourse the easter egg of him on a billboard (advertising Lazlo's) in the Lego Batman Movie.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Same! The Vidiyo slime head would work really well for him. Would be pretty silly not to take advantage of that before the mould retires :classic: Other formerly Vidiyo-exclusive parts have started to show up in other themes, so this wouldn‘t be too far-fetched

Maybe someone else can confirm this, but I remember hearing that translucent parts need a different mold than opaque parts.

19 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Maybe someone else can confirm this, but I remember hearing that translucent parts need a different mold than opaque parts.

That used to be the case. Transparent parts were made from polycarbonate, not ABS plastic, and the two materials shrink by different amounts when cooling after being moulded. However, the trans-clear parts recently changed plastic (remember the arguments about how windscreens now have a slightly "foggy" look?), I think it's supposed to be an ABS-type formula, so maybe they can now use one mould for all possible colours.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I was thinking just a couple days ago after getting the James Gunn news how likely Prof Pyg is in Lego form. With Batman: The Brave and the Bold being based on Grant Morrison’s Batman run it’s not crazy to think Prof Pyg may be on the way to the big screen eventually.

The more I think about it, the more a survey to get a feel for pricing makes sense. LEGO took a HUGE swing and a miss on a lot of sets last year at their initial price point (the BP bust and Hulkbuster being the obvious ones, but there were also some others.) As much as I'm sure LEGO hates leaks, I'd bet if they had to choose between set images getting out and having another five or so sets have to go on steep discount almost immediately after release, they'd take the former every day of the week. 2022 felt like the first year where LEGO consistently made mistakes and I bet there's some concern.  

@JeanGreyForever I think I owe you an apology.

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

They just need something kid-friendly he's in. One of the many reasons we need a new animated series for batman.

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

@JeanGreyForever I think I owe you an apology.

You and me both, man. We were totally wrong.

I do find it funny that some of the people who mocked him hardest are still waffling on the leaks.

That gotham set is really interesting to me. I haven't even seen much of BTAS, but I love the overall design. I think if I've got the money, I'll get it when it comes out.