Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On 1/2/2023 at 12:04 PM, LegendaryArticuno said:

I really hope they don't do X-Mansion in that playset style. My ideal X-Mansion would be to have it split up and sold as 2-3 separate modulars - center of the house should be 32x32 with classroom and lounge on the main floor, rooms on the 2nd, and Cerebro room on the 3rd since you can't have a basement, and a bit of a backyard. Then the east and west wings could be ~16-20x32 respectively giving you a lot of space for green areas and outdoor facilities.

Being sold as 2-3 separate modulars would also guarantee that most of the key X-Men and villains would get representation in minifig.

That sounds like a fantastic way to add some width and keep costs spread out over a few years. Let's hope we'd end up with a Daily Bugle minifigure situation, rather than the Sanctum.

Unlikely as heck at this point, but the Green Drax minifig has made me really crave a Comic-inspired Guardians of the Galaxy set. The short hair/white armor Gamora and Green Drax would both make pretty neat minifigs.

22 minutes ago, JVM said:

Unlikely as heck at this point, but the Green Drax minifig has made me really crave a Comic-inspired Guardians of the Galaxy set. The short hair/white armor Gamora and Green Drax would both make pretty neat minifigs.

Not to mention finally getting Nova again (but good this time) :laugh:

10 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Honest question, have any sets ever actually been revealed alongside a trailer? I can't think of any time it's actually happened, but I always see people expecting them to happen together

The Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald set, and a few Jurassic World: Dominion ones (with the rest revealed a week after that).

But it's an incredibly rare event.

Added two key chains for February, hopefully we get a suprise set in February so we have something to qualify for the February polybag.

Updated list:

Spoiler

FEBRUARY 2023 (2 Key chains and a polybag):

MARCH 2023 (Total 4)

• 10789: Spider-man's Car and Doc Ock ($9.99, 48 pcs)
  • 10790: Team Spidey at Green Goblin's Lighthouse ($34.99, 149 pcs)
  • 10791: Team Spidey's Mobile Headquarters ($49.99, 187 pcs)
  • 76256: $29.99 ('Ant-Man 3') March

APRIL 2023 (Total 4):

• 76251: $79.99 (Helmet?)
  • 76253: 'Headquarters' (GotG themed) ($9.99, 67 pcs)
  • 76254: 'Spaceship' (GotG themed) ($34.99, 330 pcs)
  • 76255: (GotG themed) ($99.99, 1108 pcs) 

May 2023 (Total 1):

• 76232: $89.99 (Captain Marvel 2)

JUNE 2023 (Total 4 and a polybag):

AUGUST 2023 (Total 8):

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1 & CMF Series)

UNKNOWN 2023 (Total 5):

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community. 2HY 2023 at the earliest. 

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • 76221 is Batmobile Flash Tracking, $44.99, releasing May 1st
  • 76257, 76258, 76259 have same box size, may be related wave?
  • Set numbers have some overlap with CM4Sci's Raimi Spider-man related fan sets, sites incorrectly claiming them to be Raimi sets due to this
13 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Will the ant-man set be revealed on monday with the trailer?

Last info we had on the set was a potential release date of March, so they could hold off on the official reveal until after the film releases on February 17th if they wanted - depends whether they include spoilery aspects in the set would could explain the lack of marketing for the set currently. MODOK seems like an options he's not been focused much yet.

I'd lean to Ant-Man, Wasp, Kang and a buildable MODOK -  Cassie getting saved for Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars.

14 hours ago, Doom2099 said:

That sounds like a fantastic way to add some width and keep costs spread out over a few years. Let's hope we'd end up with a Daily Bugle minifigure situation, rather than the Sanctum.

Yeah, this is definitely a "concern" for me as well, there's just so many iconic X-men. I really hope they upgrade Cyclops and do him justice, I'm not a fan of just the minifigure head + print and Lego has done a lot of hair/visor specialized pieces in Ninjango so hoping Marvel can get that same treatment. Also, hope we get some of the characters like Beast, Jubilee, Psylocke, Gambit, Iceman, Bishop, Cable, Angel, Banshee, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, there's just a lot of potential that Lego has yet to explore with X-men.

Playsets are not the way to go if you care about quality.

yeah but those seem like the hero promo images. The ant-man team can't fly towards or battle nothing. there has to be a villain in a set to create action.

8 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

yeah but those seem like the hero promo images. The ant-man team can't fly towards or battle nothing. there has to be a villain in a set to create action.

I think the fear is MODOK will be the villain of the set.

Either way, people are going to complain. If it's Cassie, people will complain that we didn't get the main villain. If it's Kang, people will complain that Kang is definately going to appear again soon, but it might be longer for Cassie.

And the complaints are reasonable, too. 4 minifigs in a $30 set shouldn't be unrealistic.

Just a reminder, the $200 set could be a modular, it’s got more pieces than the sanctum, other modulars are similarly priced, etc

now I doubt it is avengers tower, but anyone got a good idea

2 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Just a reminder, the $200 set could be a modular, it’s got more pieces than the sanctum, other modulars are similarly priced, etc

now I doubt it is avengers tower, but anyone got a good idea

- Spider-Man NWH Liberty Statue

- X-Mansion from X-Men '97

- Other

Why do people still think that they'd ever make a No Way Home 200€ D2C?

Making a set for a movie that has three Spider-Men, and five of their villains unavailable to children, which are the actual target of those sets, would be a ridiculous business decision. 

6 hours ago, Buckethead said:

- Spider-Man NWH Liberty Statue

- X-Mansion from X-Men '97

- Other

My only problem with the Statue of Liberty is that it won’t be compatible with the other 2 modulars, as it’s on an island

x mansion would be a dream to get, imagine if Deadpool was in it as a secret character, much like the Harry minifig in diagon alley

edit: and if you think Deadpool would be unrealistic, he was originally supposed to be in the bugle

Edited by Lemerbrix

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Agreed. While I’d prefer a D2C with all the relevant characters, the cash cow that is NWH can be milked more efficiently with 3 sets in various sizes :laugh: I hope they FINALLY take advantage of it this year

10 ore fa, THELEGOBATMAN ha detto:

Perché la gente pensa ancora che farebbe mai un No Way Home 200€ D2C?

Fare un set per un film che ha tre Spider-Men e cinque dei loro cattivi non disponibili per i bambini, che sono il vero bersaglio di quei set, sarebbe una decisione aziendale ridicola.

I don't get your point 🤔

8 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I don't get your point 🤔

Most kids can‘t afford a $200 D2C, so locking some of the most desired Marvel minifigs behind a paywall like that is not exactly the best of ideas. A smallhandful of regular sets with these characters would very likely outperform a D2C one

@BrickBob Studpants Couldn’t agree more, I’d go as far as saying that a wave of more affordable sets would be guaranteed to outperform a D2C. Why price out your main target demographic right? 

Plus, I can’t imagine Lego wanting to miss the hype train given that Hasbro and Funko will soon be debuting their NWH merchandise this year anyway.

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Making a set for a movie that has three Spider-Men, and five of their villains unavailable to children, which are the actual target of those sets, would be a ridiculous business decision. 

Just spitballing.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Most kids can‘t afford a $200 D2C, so locking some of the most desired Marvel minifigs behind a paywall like that is not exactly the best of ideas. A smallhandful of regular sets with these characters would very likely outperform a D2C one

Well to play devils advocate here, looking at the break down of set number, prices, and potential groupings. The $200 set also has a $14.99 and a $99.99 set to go along with it so 3 sets across 3 different price ranges could work. You could also say the same thing about the $25, $35, $100 sets too. Either way I wouldn’t write out the $200 not being no way home based 

Is it just me, or has the idea of No Way Home sets become a distant, abstract, amd unobtainable thing?

It just feels like something we'll never get at this point, even tho it's likely that we actually will.

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Either way I wouldn’t write out the $200 not being no way home based 

The idea I was arguing against was having the $200 D2C as the sole NWH set. Having that plus 1-2 smaller sets would be a whole other story :laugh: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I feel like a wave like this would be great:

A 20€ set with Spider-Man (Black & Gold) and Electro, with a buildable Sandman.

A 40€ set with Iron Spider, Doc Ock (regular arms), and Green Goblin (original suit), with a bridge.

A 100€ set with Spider-Man (Integrated), Spider-Man (Tobey), Spider-Man (Andrew), Green Goblin (new suit), Doc Ock (Stark Tech arms), and Lizard, with the Statue of Liberty.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

A 100€ set with Spider-Man (Integrated), Spider-Man (Tobey), Spider-Man (Andrew), Green Goblin (new suit), Doc Ock (Stark Tech arms), and Lizard, with the Statue of Liberty.

How big would people want this theoretical statue of liberty to be? 

I watched a YouTube video earlier today where the YTer designed a NWH final battle set based on those giant Harry Potter figures. 

Replace the second fig with some scaffolding, a stand and a shield and you've got a pretty packed set for under £100 (if they were to price it similarly) . 

Unrelated, any new thoughts on the Quinjet? I'm planning on selling my Endgame one but I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading. 

10 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

edit: and if you think Deadpool would be unrealistic, he was originally supposed to be in the bugle

"If you think Deadpool would be unrealistic, they were unable to use him in the past"

32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is it just me, or has the idea of No Way Home sets become a distant, abstract, amd unobtainable thing?

It just feels like something we'll never get at this point, even tho it's likely that we actually will.

Honestly at this point I don't really care about it anymore? Like it's been over a year since the movoe came out